Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Menstrual Support Group

B97. -I don't know how long V's lag time is but for me the worst day of my cycle/hormones is the 4th day. Sorry you are struggling....

MAA. - you are NOT a terrible mother, you just feel like one b/c the benzo's keep whispering lies to you. You'll feel better in a few days. Hang in there

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [je...]

• [Ki...]

• [He...]

• [pr...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[b1...]

B97. -I don't know how long V's lag time is but for me the worst day of my cycle/hormones is the 4th day. Sorry you are struggling....

MAA. - you are NOT a terrible mother, you just feel like one b/c the benzo's keep whispering lies to you. You'll feel better in a few days. Hang in there

Thanks Kiddo Im day 7 into my cut so I guess I'll have to feel thus out in the next few days to see whats what.

Kiddo  :smitten:

Thank you so much for those words.

It is 4.25pm in the UK and I wanted to let you know that since I made that earlier post a lot of the crap has lifted (can you hear me whisper that so I don't wake the beast from its lair).

I will hold my dose for a few more days to make sure the hormone s**t storm is over too and then start my daily milk taper.

Note to self: don't cut dose, change method's and do hormones at same time.  :idiot:

Jenny, Kiddo, thanks for the replies. I used to get some relief after my period started, now I can look forward to some extra amount of suffering :-\

Period every 2 weeks?! I can't imagine having it twice a month, one time is more than enough to ruin me. I hope you're gonna get better soon, Kiddo :)

Hi all. Is there anyone else who feels much worse after their period starts? I used to have a looooooong, awful PMS and severe cramps during my taper, but my last 3 periods have been kinda "normal" with 1-2 day long PMS and manageable cramps. However on the first or second day of my period I get hit with deep, dark, suicidal depression and weird head symptoms every month. My deeply depressed state and the head symptoms last for about 7-10 days each month.

Anyone else has something similar?

Jenny, my insomnia is quite bad generally, but it's always a lot worse right before my period (usually 2-3 very bad nights before it starts).

Can I join you guys?  I'm struggling now more than ever about 5 months out from jumping.

And yes, I'm experiencing a really bad period this month with terrible insomnia and it started I think on day two or three.  I've been struggling pretty bad for the past few months, but this month has been the worst ever.  I had started trying to treat my serious digestive issues with natural remedies and I think that must have set me off or something.  I'm really discouraged right now.  I feel like I had been the strong one, trying to write encouraging posts on my blog and on FB benzo groups and now I feel like I'm the one who needs a lift. 

Hi SM  :smitten:

It is lovely to hear from you but I am so sorry you are struggling.

Hang in there, one day at a time, you are most welcome here and feel free to vent - lovely ladies here.

Thinking of you and wishing better days very soon.

Maa  :smitten:

Sage - of course....everyone is welcome. So your five months free and going through a wave? Try not to be discouraged, it's all a part of healing so I've been told. Is this your first time withdrawing? I read your blog and got confused...doesn't take much to confuse me though  :idiot:  I thought you wrote a success story from Xanax w/d?

My cycle really messes me up, try and hang in there. This too shall pass.

Hi all. Is there anyone else who feels much worse after their period starts? I used to have a looooooong, awful PMS and severe cramps during my taper, but my last 3 periods have been kinda "normal" with 1-2 day long PMS and manageable cramps. However on the first or second day of my period I get hit with deep, dark, suicidal depression and weird head symptoms every month. My deeply depressed state and the head symptoms last for about 7-10 days each month.

Anyone else has something similar?

Jenny, my insomnia is quite bad generally, but it's always a lot worse right before my period (usually 2-3 very bad nights before it starts).

Can I join you guys?  I'm struggling now more than ever about 5 months out from jumping.

And yes, I'm experiencing a really bad period this month with terrible insomnia and it started I think on day two or three.  I've been struggling pretty bad for the past few months, but this month has been the worst ever.  I had started trying to treat my serious digestive issues with natural remedies and I think that must have set me off or something.  I'm really discouraged right now.  I feel like I had been the strong one, trying to write encouraging posts on my blog and on FB benzo groups and now I feel like I'm the one who needs a lift.

Hi sagemom- welcome :) 5 months out was a tough one on me as well, it will get better. I'm so sorry we are all having such a rough time with these periods! I have had insomnia now for 4 nights with still no period, I'm normally a week early, but not this month. What supplements did you try? I have not had very good luck with supplements, so I just have to stay away for now. Glad you have joined us :) jenny

hi everyone I had a question...my period is due in a few days and I'm experiencing a lot of joint aches from my lower abdomen all the way down :-( is this normal it feels almost as if my whole lower body has cramps.

I'm finishing up my cycle and have not had soul crushing depression this time around. Maybe I'm just too tweaked about going back to work to feel anything else. But I'm definitely grateful not to be in the deep murky hormonal swamp of depression.

Peace2

Jenny and Peace - I've missed you guys!!!! How goes the battle? Some improvements for both of you I see  :thumbsup: Fill me in.....I need some scoop  :smitten:

Peace-- this is great news, I'm seeing some healing for you!

Hi kiddo-- month 10 was pretty rough, I was in a 3 week wave that felt like acute. I finally came out of it a few weeks ago and it felt like my baseline went up again, but now that its a few days before my period I'm back in a wave again-- mostly mental sx-- depression, sadness, and negative thoughts. I'm hoping once my cycle is over I will start to feel better again. How are you feeling kiddo??

Jenny - sorry you got hit by another wave....but super happy you are seeing and improvement in your baseline  :thumbsup:  I fear out periods are going to cause havoc for a long time....but healing is happening, you are proof if that.

I'm ok. Had a week that was really good but I'm on day 2 of a drop and getting my butt kicked. Just the normal stuff and typical pattern but it sucks EVERY time. Bet you don't miss tapering  :D

this is crazy I've never experienced joint aches like until this past week and today it's bad I'm in the fourth month of being off these things!!!

I'm going to take a very warm bath with sea salt before my period comes and hopefully that will help  :'(

Hi everyone... I havnt had time to go through every response so I'll just post my question.. I've never had irregular periods or spotting but I ended my period last week & have a couple days of spotting (thurs & today). Also very mild cramping that accompanies it. Have any of you dealt w/ this? I will say I was feeling 70% healed for many weeks then at the end of July got hit w/ a hard wave w/ a lot of early w/d returning symptoms that just want to linger.. This is also the most stressful week I've had in a long time. Just wanting to hear some input  btw I'm a year off benzos, not on the pill or anything else except Benadryl & the occasional ibprophen. There's also no chance I'm preggo either.

Hey Cad - my cycle has been nuts during this process. I missed 3 (or 4) periods in a row and now I've been getting it every 2 weeks. I get the cramping before and after my cycle but no spotting.  The stressful week is likely the culprit. Stress, without w/d or recovery, can cause irregular periods so that's probably what you're dealing with since our systems are still so sensitive. Sorry you are having to still tough this out after a year out after such short term use  :-[

Hi cad! Welcome :) your story sounds like mine. Iam 11 months out and got hit last month with the worst and longest wave I've ever had -- acute sx  and all. I was feeling 70-80% better too before that wave. I think the spotting is probably due to the stress of your recent wave. Hopefully others will have some experience with spotting. Take care, jenny

Yes mommy it does!! I'm normally a week early every month and this month it doesn't seem to want to start, but I'm having PMS from HELL!! Crying and emotional with insomnia for 5 days now-- men are lucky!!

Thanks jenny & kiddo for your feedback! It's crazy how out of whack our bodies can't get! I was only on loraz for 2 months but im super sensitive to stuff in the first place so it doesn't surprise me that my body is still recovering.

Hi Ladies :)

Sorry we are all having it bad with our monthly friend, but misery loves company right?

Mine just arrived this morning and I have a question for those daily tapering or successfully tapered off - do you just continue tapering daily through the hormone swings or wait it out?

Thank you.

Love to all.

Maa  :smitten:

[3f...]