Menstrual Support Group

Kiddo - 2 in one month - you are a hero for surviving that onslaught  :clap: :clap

Moo - I am sorry to hear of all your troubles too, and what a great way to look at it as only x amount of them left!

:smitten:

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [je...]

• [Ki...]

• [He...]

• [pr...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Maa- welcome! Yes this is a group no one wants to belong too, kiddo said it perfectly :) I am completely off benzos, but I always start to get more sx  about a week before my period and my periods have not been regular either. Benzos seem to really mess with our hormones. I had a perfect period 2 months ago-- no sx , no cramps, no PMS from hell. So I'm hoping that once our bodies are healed that all of this hormonal stuff will go away with it. Glad you joined us! Jenny

Thank you Jenny for the lovely welcome  :smitten:

Great to hear you have seen improvements too.

So good that we have each other here to confirm we are not actually going crazy!

Maa  :smitten:

Maa,

yeah the benzo's completely mess with the HPA axix feedback loop that is responsible for keeping the hypothalmus, pituatary and adrenals in check. i am looking forward to everything being balanced one day.

pretty

Hi All :)

Well, nearly 24 hours after period started still no relief!  I thought I would feel better once it arrived - silly me hey  :-\

It was 4 days late and is super super heavy.

I have to embark on a 4-5 hour car journey with my husband and kids in a couple of hours. We are visiting friends who live on the coast.  I really don't want to go but can't let my kids and hubby down.  Think I will need several 'pitstops' on the way and will sit on a bath towel too just in case.

Hope everyone is hanging in okay.

Maa  :-*

Hang in there. See how you are post period

This is me on period days

http://static.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/MjAxMi0xNzJlY2RjZjk5YTg0YmI3.png

Day 5 of my period. Just stopping by to cry, cry, cry. Sniffle, cry. Ok. Now, I'm off to order my kids new lunch boxes for the coming school year.... Then I'll need to find the next distraction to get through the day.  I think a few rooms need painting....

My poor husband. I'm a living example of Smiff's post.

Oh maa, I feel for you that cannot be fun. I know half the things I've gone and done were only for my kids and hubby too and maybe its a good way of forcing us out and helping us distract. Good luck on your trip!

Peace-- I'm on day 5 too and was feeling very crazy yesterday. I just feel so "off"-- its hard to put into words. Also, have you had any reaction to the primrose oil?

Jenny,

Primrose, B6 and a little 5htp are in effect - meaning I'm taking them. Things are definitely not worse than last period. I'm not sure yet if they're any better. I'll keep you posted. Sorry you're also being visited by the crazies. I told my husband I'm about ready to undergo an exorcism! Demons out!!!!

Ladies - looks like we finally all synchronized to each others cycles. Is that only supposed to happen when you live together ?!?!? Well, you know what they say.....misery loves company  >:D

My cycle is due today. I feel irritable and a little punchy. Shocking, right?

Peace - sorry you're a hot mess today. I certainly know the feeling. Cry cry cry "why me" cry cry cry "this is bullshit" cry cry cry "I'm bleeding to death".  :'(

MAA - we have a parenting in w/d and recovery thread you should pop over and join. It's a really nice thread, a lot of the beautiful ladies from this thread are over there too. I love it....we encourage each other through the nightmares of parenting when all we really want to do it pull the covers over our head until its over. Hope to see you there  :)

Jenny - sorry you're feeling "off" too. I use that word a lot because sometimes it's just so hard to explain exactly what it IS that we're feeling.  :-\

Pretty - how great that after all this time you are finally seeing some improvement. You deserve it, it's been a long road  :thumbsup:

Smiff - as usual, I love your dose of humour  :laugh:

Hi all :)

Just checking in to say I made it through the journey!  Hope you are all hanging in too.

The traffic was soooo bad it ended up taking 7 hours!!! But I did it, so damn you benzo's I am here with my friends and eating out and walking and surviving! Period or not!

I still have the long journey back tomorrow but traffic should be much better so hopefully only 4-5 hours.

I nearly didn't do the trip because of fear of what would happen, thank you all who encouraged me to hang in.

We can do the impossible even when we feel sucky!

Maa  :-*:smitten:

Thanks guys :)

I made it through the whole weekend, got back late last night.  Still feeling ropey but period not ended yet either.  Off to my daughters sports day in an hour or so, lots of screaming kids and parents who want to chatter - I will try my best to look normal on the outside whilst feeling crazy on the inside.

How is everyone today?

Maa xx

Hi maa! Sounds like you are fighting through despite how you are feeling that is so great. My last period sent me into a wave and I'm still in it, not doing well at all right now. Feels like I can't breath, head pressure, dizzy and seriously depressed which I have not been in months. My brain feels funny and I have had this weird squeezing at night that really scares me. Sorry to be such a downer today. I hope you are all doing well- jenny

Hi Jenny,

I'm so sorry for this increase in symptoms. This whole healing process is so exhausting. You are doing great, have logged so many months and even in your down times continue to encourage others. I am sincerely hoping you get a break soon, that all of your symptoms fade away. Until then, good self care and distract as much as possible. For me today that looks like cleaning the oven the baking soda and vinegar way.

Hugs to you, Jenny.

Peace

MAA - that's awesome! Good for you  :thumbsup: I did my daughters sports day about 3 weeks ago and I ended up enjoying myself immensely even though I felt shitty. It's amazing how much we can fake it when we need to.

Jenny - I'm sorry you're have an uptick. It isn't fair and I'm sorry. You are so close to being a year free, and I just know that's going to be when you are able to write your success story. Hang on, you are almost there and we will be there celebrating with you.

Peace - have fun cleaning your oven  >:D

Morning

Jenny so sorry your period has set you back, there is just no rhyme or reason to this. A few more days and you will come out of it again. Just whilst we are bad we can't remember feeling good and vice versa. Thinking of you.

Peace - well done for distracting and cleaning the oven!

Kiddo - thank you - yes it is weird isn't it that the thougt of doing these things is often worse than actually doing them.

I HATE MY PERIOD!!!!!

Honestly....I just started my cycle....this is the 2nd month in a row where I've gotten it twice. Every 14 days. Brutal.

Sorry kiddo!! I've been getting mine every 3 weeks, so I really feel for you. I can't believe how bad these drugs mess up our cycles. Men get off way easier, not fair....feel better soon  :smitten:

Thanks Jenny.....I feel so over the top frustrated by this today. Just completely fed up, wiped out and defeated. The uptick in symptoms ONCE a month is plenty...don't need to go through it twice. Makes more sense as to why I was such a hot mess yesterday though.

Sorry Kiddo  :-[  Thinking of you and hoping today will be better.

Hi Jenny and Smiff - how are you both?

I am still in the wave that started a week ago just before my period, I think I am ovulating early this month as I have 'signs' - sorry if TMI and think this might be why I am still feeling so bad. Literally straight from period to ovulation.  Our poor bodies are so messed up from this stuff!

Feel better ladies.

[fa...]