Menstrual Support Group

[5b...]

I like your attitude Brennan!  I always sleep better after my period comes. I am seriously confused by my body... I was having cramps, extremely moody and thought for sure I was getting my period-- so far nothing. Now it almost feels like I won't get a period this month, who knows?

do you get it monthly Jenny? Looking back on my notes I keep I always tend to have "sleep issues" before it arrives just wanna track it again and be reassured its true. My lower back is killing me ouch!

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [je...]

• [Ki...]

• [He...]

• [pr...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I get it monthly, or every 3 weeks- yay me! I get insomnia before my period too and I haven't been sleeping very good so maybe I will still get it-- its due in 4 days but I'm always a week early so I thought I would have gotten it by now. I'll keep ya posted :)

[5b...]

Yes I get it monthly, or every 3 weeks- yay me! I get insomnia before my period too and I haven't been sleeping very good so maybe I will still get it-- its due in 4 days but I'm always a week early so I thought I would have gotten it by now. I'll keep ya posted :)

:thumbsup:

Hi ladies!

I slept so good last night and woke up to my period-- only 2 days early this month. My body felt so much PMS a week ago then it went away so I thought I wasn't even going to get one, I have had no PMS and bam I get my period. This hormonal stuff makes no sense.....

[2e...]

Please keep your fingers crossed everyone, that it won't show up today.

If I can hold off till tomorrow I can finally take my hormone test.

It has to be done 20 days after the first day of last period. But that's kind of not happening when you get it every two weeks. I'm at day 18 and will do my test tomorrow because I can feel it coming.

Jenny, it makes no sense at all! None.

Hope you feel better...

Moo

Hi Ladies - my boobs feel like they are filled with cement. We all know what that means.....another 2 week period coming for Kiddo  :thumbsup:

Jenny - sounds like your cycle might finally be regulating? Or trying too at the very least. That's a good sign  :smitten:

Moo - I've got my fingers and toes crossed that you can take your test. Keep us posted  :)

Brennan - how are you faring?  ::)

[2e...]

Hi Ladies - my boobs feel like they are filled with cement. We all know what that means.....another 2 week period coming for Kiddo  :thumbsup:

Jenny - sounds like your cycle might finally be regulating? Or trying too at the very least. That's a good sign  :smitten:

Moo - I've got my fingers and toes crossed that you can take your test. Keep us posted  :)

Oh, not the cement boobs!

:tickedoff:

Sorry... It looks like we are being double hit for a bit longer. Although I'm now 4 days late for my second period :laugh:

Thanks, kiddo.

Hope it's a short one..blegh.

[5b...]

ugh the " Boobs " isn't that a horrible feeling??  Get it 2 weeks prior, Im ok on day 3 and sleeping better than before it arrived..

So Moo were you able to get the test? :idiot:

Jenny - :thumbsup: 

[2e...]

Tomorrow ( Monday ) Brennan.

If a period doesn't show up before 8 am tomorrow , I'm set to finally take the darn test.

I have had to wait now for 2 months !

Thanks. Hope you're okay.

Moo

Fingers and toes crossed for you Mooski that you get that test finally

You know the one: the one where they wanted to find out the reason for the problem but the problem meant they couldn't take the test.

Ah catch 22.. great book that one

Lmfao.....thanks Smiffy....I think?  :laugh:

Moo - make sure you let us know the results of the test, it may help me figure out something for me too  :thumbsup:

[2e...]

Fingers and toes crossed for you Mooski that you get that test finally

You know the one: the one where they wanted to find out the reason for the problem but the problem meant they couldn't take the test.

Ah catch 22.. great book that one

Yeah, that one didn't escape me... I knew you would catch the irony.

:smitten: Smifferooski.

[2e...]

Lmfao.....thanks Smiffy....I think?  :laugh:

Moo - make sure you let us know the results of the test, it may help me figure out something for me too  :thumbsup:

For sure!

They do all the hormones. Estrogen, progesterone, pregnonolone, estradiol, testosterone ( women and kids) and about 20 other things, such as calcium and electrolytes, thyroid, cortisol. The whole works.

I actually hope something comes out of this. Tired of the ultrasounds with the cysts and all that stuff.

If it didn't mean acute menopause, I would have both overies removed this minute  :sick:

So yes, I will post. Should know within a few days.

Crazy hormones,

I HATE HORMONES !!!!!!

Although I kind of need them

Hi ladies !

Let me start off by saying I am 32 with 3 kids and I never had any issues with my periods before this taper. My taper started Jan 2013, I remember that May  I missed a period (first time ever only time I missed periods was due to pregnancy) Ovulation since my taper causes me to have panic attacks and I feel the ovulation. My taper has been very terrible and fast. Jan. 2014 coming to the very low doses of klonpin I had to take a Plan B morning after pill (very high dose progesterone ) because I had a pregnancy scare. Now, in March I skipped a period after I made a large cut in dose. Periods were fine 35 days apart like regular. My last period was in June, I skipped July and I'm so scared. Why am I not getting my period ? I did a weekly micro taper from June18th until I jumped July 11th. I was in a complete panic attack From July 11th until today it's let up a tiny bit. I got checked out by my OB last Sept, ultrasound all that and I was fine. Should I be super worried ?

Hi Crazi - although I think everything you are experiencing is normal in withdrawal/recovery, I know it is still scary. I would suggest getting checked out, just to ease your mind, but you've done that already so I think "accepting" that this is normal will help.

PrettyDaisys hasn't had her period since Feb, I skipped two in a row when I first started tapering, Jenny's are always early, Moo and I get ours every two weeks.....it's crazy. But withdrawal messes with everything, hormones included.

How are you feeling other than missing periods? You are a month free? Congrats!!!!!

Welcome to thread...Kiddo  :smitten:

I was very bloated my whole taper my stomach and that feeling went down as soon as I jumped. I have been in a terrible wave since I jumped just feeling slightly better today. Back in March when I missed a period my doctor suggested birth control but warned me that it could make my anxiety or depression very bad. I don't have cramps or anything weird just a missed period. I have read that benzos mess bad with hormones but I have a hard time being logical. One of  my good friends c/t Xanax and missed periods on and off for 12 months. 

[2e...]

Craziimina, the benzo's work on all babe receptors throughout the body and hormoes and endocrine system included.

I have an out of whack thyroid on benzo and I skipped two periods total in acute.

Now I just get a couple a month  :sick:

If you were checked out, I'm pretty confident in saying you can chalk it up to another withdrawal symptom.

The bloating is often referred to as Benzo belly.

Also, the pregnancy hormones can linger for quite some time, plus the active ingredients in plan B might have thrown you off as well, on an already wired body.

That's what I think....

Anyway, welcome to the RED team :laugh:

Moo

Hi ladies !

Let me start off by saying I am 32 with 3 kids and I never had any issues with my periods before this taper. My taper started Jan 2013, I remember that May  I missed a period (first time ever only time I missed periods was due to pregnancy) Ovulation since my taper causes me to have panic attacks and I feel the ovulation. My taper has been very terrible and fast. Jan. 2014 coming to the very low doses of klonpin I had to take a Plan B morning after pill (very high dose progesterone ) because I had a pregnancy scare. Now, in March I skipped a period after I made a large cut in dose. Periods were fine 35 days apart like regular. My last period was in June, I skipped July and I'm so scared. Why am I not getting my period ? I did a weekly micro taper from June18th until I jumped July 11th. I was in a complete panic attack From July 11th until today it's let up a tiny bit. I got checked out by my OB last Sept, ultrasound all that and I was fine. Should I be super worried ?

Welcome crazimina! :) I agree with kiddo, I think everything you are experiencing is perfectly normal for benzo w/d.  Even women who aren't in benxo w/d can skip periods, my sister skips about 2 periods a year. If your very concerned I would get checked, but I'm sure everything will check out fine. Thanks for stopping by, jenny

[2e...]

Craziimina, the benzo's work on all babe receptors throughout the body and hormoes and endocrine system included.

I have an out of whack thyroid on benzo and I skipped two periods total in acute.

Now I just get a couple a month  :sick:

If you were checked out, I'm pretty confident in saying you can chalk it up to another withdrawal symptom.

The bloating is often referred to as Benzo belly.

Also, the pregnancy hormones can linger for quite some time, plus the active ingredients in plan B might have thrown you off as well, on an already wired body.

That's what I think....

Anyway, welcome to the RED team :laugh:

Moo

And where I say " babe" receptors , I mean " GABA ".

Sheesh. Autocorrect.

I swear, some days it's like my iPad is one benzo's.

Hi ladies !

hey Craziimina,

when i was trying to taper (always doing super rapid tapers) i would miss a period here and there. and since i did the c/t  - 2 years ago i haven't had my period since Feb 14th.  that's 6 months now. and i had been having it pretty regular even right after the c/t. it's just this super weird phenomenon of benzo withdrawal and this type of healing.

but i also am vastly underweight. almost 30lbs so that could also be a reason for me. i really believe that the more i heal and balance i will be getting my period again. it's just the way it is for now. i have majorly stressed over it but now i am really trying to just accept this is how my healing is happening. i am still getting all the emotional attributes as if i were PMS-ing every month and i didn't have bad PMS - just a little sadness and irritability but nothing too major. i still have all that stuff. it will change back for you at some point. hang in there!

pretty

Hey Jenny.....I just realized you are 11 months off now  :thumbsup:  Time to update your signature  :crazy:

Hi kiddo,

I know I need to, I just haven't had anything positive to write. I also thought I'd be healed by now, so I'm in a depressed funk. Hopefully it will pass. Jenny

Thank you all for the input. Yesterday was an ok day today I woke up full of anxiety and irrational thoughts. I'm trying to be positive and not google about illnesses that could cause missed periods.

[d5...]