Menstrual Support Group

Hi vasilisa,

Yes, its probably due to your period.I start to get an uptick in sx  and get extremely irritable about a week before my period. Hope you feel better soon, Jenny

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [je...]

• [Ki...]

• [He...]

• [pr...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, hallelujah! Got my period, so hopefully some of these annoying things will GO AWAY! Mainly the nighttime pulse racing. I've taken 1 Tylenol PM the past two nights to sleep and it's definitely helped. Got a pretty bad tension headache at the back of my head, hoping that settles down too. Hope everyone is having as good a day as they can!!

xo

Mookie

Hi mookie,

Isn't funny how we get excited about our period so that we can get some relief from our sx . I hope you start to feel better soon :) jenny

I think I'm supposed to get mine on Monday because I was ovulating two weeks ago but my boobs are no longer hurting. I've had two days of a window and I even slept better last night. Maybe I won't get it? LOL

So far, not feeling better. Just had a cry in the bathroom at work, because why not? Had the heart racing again last night. Just frustrated.  :(

Mookie12 crying is good it releases endorphins. The racey heart will abate in time. I'm one month ahead of you and I had it. It abated. Everyone heals in time.

:hug: Thanks, Fran. I'm hopeful, and then also impatient! Didn't think being on it for such a short time that it would still be affecting me. Deep breaths.

okey girls ,

i was wondering why i was having an easier day today plus hungry as hell :crazy:

got my days just now,,,

so its 26 days...normally it was 30...

p.s. it was so scary to do not get any days on those evil psych cocktails

on top of 0 sex drive :crazy:

no comments :crazy:

Mookie12 Consider yourself lucky that you were only a Benzo for three weeks. I didn't get my period for almost three months after I went off valium. I'm sure your recuperation will be over within one or two months. You know that you can't drink any alcohol now....

I know how lucky I am, for sure. I was researching about ativan pretty much from the minute I started taking and knew I had become tolerant of my dose. I just feel like I can't talk about with people anymore because I can't explain how I'm feeling exactly. And they all think it's nothing. So I come here, where everyone understands. :)

Mookie12-You are in the right place to vent. Doctors know nothing about the w/d of benzo's. My husband is a doctor and he knows nada....Was this your first benzo ever?

I just started to get some bad cramps...Oh boy......here we go!!

Yup...first and last time!! Toward the end of my taper my doc prescribed an SSRI (lexapro) and that was just awful!! Made me super sick, and I ended up dropping everything at once, the rest of my ativan (I was at .25) and the lexapro, which I was only on for 11 days. NO MORE.

vasilisa, glad you got yours today! It is always a relief when it gets here, benzo withdrawal or not!  :laugh:

okey girls ,

i was wondering why i was having an easier day today plus hungry as hell :crazy:

got my days just now,,,

so its 26 days...normally it was 30...

p.s. it was so scary to do not get any days on those evil psych cocktails

on top of 0 sex drive :crazy:

no comments :crazy:

so i finished my days tonight...

i don't know whats going on,,,it started yesterday evening and tonight its all over...

i mean its great, but strange  :idiot: :idiot: :idiot:

v

Hi Annette - it's very common to have menstrual cycle disturbances in withdrawal and recovery. This could be late periods, no periods or early periods. With that being said, the possibility of pregnancy is also there. A home pregnancy test may set your mind at ease.

Does anyone ever get tired the day before they are getting their period. I felt sleepy at 2:00 PM today. I did wake up early today at 6:00 AM.

Hi always,

I get tired the day before and the first day I start my period. I also get bad insomnia right before my period and then once I start my cycle I sleep better. Jenny

Jenny21- Hi Jenny!! I wanted to tell you the last two days my hair has barely been shedding. YAY!! I'm hoping this s/x is history.

I was ovulating two weeks ago so lets see if I get my period tomorrow. I have cramping and I already feel the headache coming on.

I slept all night last night!! Usually I don't sleep well before my period.

Hi always:) good news on the sleep! Hope your period comes soon too. My periods have been coming every 21 days, but last month I got it on day 25... Today is day 25 and still no period but I have a headache. Who knows what's going on, but my hope is that my period is finally starting to normalize-- after 18 months out..  Take care, jenny

Hi Annette - it's very common to have menstrual cycle disturbances in withdrawal and recovery. This could be late periods, no periods or early periods. With that being said, the possibility of pregnancy is also there. A home pregnancy test may set your mind at ease.

Thanks for reply Kiddo, I've made a pregnancy test, but it is negative, should I visit an endocrinologist?

Anette-I would not visit an endocrinologist. It's the benzo and it will abate in time. Your endocrine system has to rebalance. Doctors do not understand the w/d side effects of stopping a benzo, and it's a waste of your time to go to them. I did not get my period for 3 months after I stopped a benzo. I finally got it and I am 51 years old. If I can get my period you will too.

Don't stress about it....

Ladies guess what I just got? YEP!! It's my second period since c/t and I got it 19 days since my last period. I guess that's not too bad....My hair finally stopped shedding!!

[f7...]