Menstrual Support Group

I haven't, as of late. I'm pretty sure that moving my butt more would definitely help. Just have to get motivated! The weather changing for the better will help.

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [je...]

• [Ki...]

• [He...]

• [pr...]

Top Posters In This Topic

This month has been terrible. I've had chest pain, left arm tingling/aching, jaw aching, head tingling...scary. Went to the walk-in Saturday night with all this and they ran all the tests...nothing of course and thank God. I don't WANT it to be cardiac, but that it isn't makes it frustrating. I've been able to sleep, but those sensations haven't subsided since Saturday night. And my period has been heavier. I'm going to ask my doc about getting my hormone levels checked, and other vitamins besides D screened. Hoping as my period ends some of this subsides as well. Anyone else have these symptoms around their period? Or more often and discovered a hormone issue?

Hi mookie,

If you read through this thread you will see that all of us suffer a lot worse w/d sx right before our period and then once we get our period things seem to settle down. So sorry you ate having a rough time, but there's not much that can be done except for taking really good care of yourself-- eat clean, exercise if possible, drink lots of water. I'm sure you'll feel a little relief once your period starts. Take care, jenny

Mookie12-I have been working out for the past 23 years and I have been working out every day since I went off a benzo. I know that exercise has saved me and it has helped expedite my healing. If you can try to go for a 20 minute walk each day that would be so beneficial for your brain. Eating healthy and drinking water like Jenny said is so important while we heal. I recently started eating a lot of brain food with omega 3 and I started taking Omega 3 daily liquid. The rest is time.....Time heals all wounds.

I had my yearly GYN appt yesterday and I decided not to mention anything to my doctor about coming off a benzo and my two irregular periods. I know they were all related to the benzo and I also know that my doctor probably has no idea what coming off a benzo is like or what it does to our endocrine system. My appt went great and all is good. After my hair stopped shedding I realized my endocrine is re-balancing. I was reading one of Parker's threads yesterday and she feels that progesterone binds to Gaba and that is why we feel bad s/x before we get our periods.

The brain is working so hard to revert us back to where we were before we ever took a benzo. We must remember this and stay positive!! I hope everyone is feeling well.

I just want to say Iam so sick of doing moderately well only to get slammed EVERY month due to my damn period!! Im 19 months out! I mean when is this going to end... I hope Im not scaring anyone on here, I just need to vent. I will note one positive is my cycle seems to be normalizing--I was getting my period every 3 weeks and now its coming once a month within its normal time.  How is everyone doing??? Anyone dealing with this as far out as me?

Jenny21-I am praying that Benzo recovery finally puts me in menopause. I'm 51 years old and after the last two periods I am praying that Flo does not come to town anymore. My last period was just 3 days of light staining.

My period triggers a wave of moodiness, brain fog, etc every time. Rather the wave begins a week prior and lasts for 2weeks.  :tickedoff: I'm only 2 months out. How long has this lasted for others?

This is a great thread  :smitten:

NewGirl-how do you know that you have ovarian cysts? Have you had your period since tapering or going off a benzo?

I know about ovarian cysts because I have always had a fibroid. So when I go for my annual they order an ultrasound. They saw them there and have to go again to watch how big they are getting. I should not be having activity with the ovaries at 56. It's a little anxiety provoking! >:(

New Girl-Since being on a benzo I have apocrine cysts in one breast I had them all removed. Just had a mammogram first time in 4 years NO new cyst. It was the benzo making them.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi everyone.  New to this thread, and I am 1.5 yrs off klon.  For at least the last 8 cycles, my period ends after about 4 days.  Around two days later I have one more round of bleeding and then it goes away again.  I hadn't paid too much attention to it, because I'd been worried about other things.  Last night I decided to google "spotting after period," which was a mistake b/c now my health anxiety has kicked off with the worst-case scenario.  As most of you can probably understand, I've been avoiding doctors after the w/d ordeal, and I'm scared to go get checked out.  I am 40 yrs old.  Have any of you experienced spotting after period?  (And, it's fresh blood for me, not brown).  Thanks for reading.

Hi everyone.  New to this thread, and I am 1.5 yrs off klon.  For at least the last 8 cycles, my period ends after about 4 days.  Around two days later I have one more round of bleeding and then it goes away again.  I hadn't paid too much attention to it, because I'd been worried about other things.  Last night I decided to google "spotting after period," which was a mistake b/c now my health anxiety has kicked off with the worst-case scenario.  As most of you can probably understand, I've been avoiding doctors after the w/d ordeal, and I'm scared to go get checked out.  I am 40 yrs old.  Have any of you experienced spotting after period?  (And, it's fresh blood for me, not brown).  Thanks for reading.

It's all very normal and a Benzo definitely messes up your periods. My last period was just staining. If it was me I would ignore it but if you want piece of mind you can go to your doctor.

Me too jewey.. I had 2 normal periods and then this last one came at 3 weeks. My poor body is such a mess.

Totally shocked it came exactly on time this month with minimal w/d and pms symptoms!!  :laugh:

I attribute this to being on a correct dose of my thyroid meds and magnesium I've been taking.

Totally shocked it came exactly on time this month with minimal w/d and pms symptoms!!  :laugh:

I attribute this to being on a correct dose of my thyroid meds and magnesium I've been taking.

JeweyA-You've got to mention that in the magnesium thread.  :thumbsup:

[45...]
Ugh in P.M.S hell! Plus have to be at dentist tomorrow for other 1/2 of deep clean! :idiot::crazy::tickedoff: And make another cut Tuesday. I guess they really mean it when they say "everything comes in 3's"

my days are in 12 days

I can already say that my depression is getting stronger closer to the 26th june :crazy:

i also have only 2-3 days of my period...

v

Hi everyone! I hate to see everyone here suffering so badly from this but in a weird way, it's somewhat relieving for me to see that I'm not the only one, and I'm really glad I found this thread!!

In October 2014 I tapered hard off of .5mg Ativan after using for 2 years for anxiety; I had started taking it after my dad died and a few other unfortunate life happenings. I definitely tapered too fast unknowingly, and have had quite a ride in this withdrawal. I am about 8 months out and though I am much better in regards to sleep and the prior level of anxiety and sickness, I am still suffering pretty badly. :( I still have all over body fatigue/weakness/soreness... anxiety, panic attacks, rage, depression, dizziness, etc. These symptoms are by far much worse right before and during my period... I mean I am talking absolute hell.

Between the physical crappiness that I feel and the psychological symptoms (increased anxiety, increased rage, distrust, worry, insecurity, depression, and so on) it's just the worst thing ever. I finally was able to figure out with my boyfriend that this pattern happened around the same time every month. At first it was like, "oh man, get ready for hell!" and joking because it was the only time we got in the real blow out fights. However, I can see it's really starting to wear on him and affect the way he acts towards me. I actually think it might end my relationship if I can't get myself fixed. He has suffered through all of this with me, and it is taxing. He is the best guy I have ever known, so quite naturally, this scares the shit out of me! But in his defense, who the heck would want to be with someone who is a miserable mess and consistently has an array of physical and mental problems.. it depresses me FOR him.

I have been officially "diagnosed" with PMDD due to my symptoms and put on generic Yaz as of last Friday to "level out my hormones". Aside from all of the negative info about Yaz and others like it online, I kind of believe that putting synthetic hormones in me will really just cause an even bigger imbalance in the long run. At this point, though, I don't know what the hell else to do! I am at my wit's end... I have tried supplements (magnesium, Vitamin D, C, B, E, ALL of them), naturopaths, meditation, exercise, energy healing, Maca, brainwave optimization, just all kinds of stuff. Nothing has touched my "PMDD" or severe PMS. I mean I have even thought about getting a hysterectomy to get out of this crap and I am only 27 years old. :( I haven't had children yet, so I won't likely do that, but sometimes the idea of just being free from this entirely sounds so nice, and necessary.

If anyone on here has had great results with certain supplements or methods, I would love to hear! I fear that if I don't figure it out, I will lose everything I love. I honestly am thankful the guy has stayed with me for this long because I have been a absolute mess and I know that I can't make him happy like that because I can't even make myself happy like that. It's something that gets pretty much out of my control for two weeks. And then, I struggle to pick up the pieces for two weeks until it all comes crashing down again.

I have been pushed in the direction of SSRIs and all of that and while I'm not ENTIRELY against them, I really and truly would rather avoid taking them as I personally don't know how great they are, but please correct me if you have tried them or are on them and know them to be helpful and healthy.

So sorry for the lengthy post.. it has been a long time coming. I cry so much at where my life has ended up because of these drugs. And after finally getting my life in order, it falls apart even harder when I try to do the right thing and come off of them. Really looking for some advice here. Thank you!!!

[19...]