Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Menstrual Support Group

Hi Hippie,

I am in DC - snow day for us today!  ;D Two things helps me: 1)exercise (high intensity cardio, not just a casual stroll around the block 2)Taking calcium//vitamin D combo supplements - those you have to take throughout the month, not just before the period to make a difference. It doesn't work instantaneously, but if you start now it will help the next cycle. If you don't like supplements, just start eating a ton of food that has calcium/vitamin D. I really like the Garden of Life company, and they have Calcium and Vitamin D supplement that's good: http://www.amazon.com/Garden-Life-Vitamin-Calcium-Capsules/dp/B003L31NM2

hi

well, I have a question on what to do if you're anxiety gets even more bothersome during your menstrual ?

I know of meditating, but do you all take any supplements or drink certain herbal teas? ( if so, what herbs ?)

Currently feeling a tad bit anxious, but it is coming in waves.

:) if you guys are currently feeling like crap b/c of your cycle....don't fret , I am too  :laugh: :laugh: :-[:) *sends positive vibes to all on the forum/thread*

ps....anyone on the east coast, it is a crazy blizzard out here :tickedoff:

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [je...]

• [Ki...]

• [He...]

• [pr...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Was at docs today due to right ovary pain. I have an enlarged pre-ovulatory cyst. The outcome could be more ovulatory pain, or ER for surgery. This means my taper schedule is messed up because I usually hold slightly prior to and through my period. My gut is wracked and it's hard to eat as well. Man, enough is enough. Anyone else have a cyst while tapering?

Bennie

Hi Bennie,

I'm so sorry about the cyst, I hope your not in too much pain. I've never had one so I can't give much advice, but hopefully someone on here can chime in. I hope you feel better soon, jenny  :smitten:

BJ,

You could reach out to a buddy on here, Schatje. She has had experience with ovarian cysts, and other menstrual related withdrawal things :) She's awesome, too!

Hope you're feeling better soon :)

Mrs. :smitten:

Bennie, I had one years ago that never ruptured. Will they keep an eye on its. A I am so sorry for the pain!

I have had some pelvic pain off and on, but thankfully it goes away, I don't want any kind of surgery of course. I know it flares with my cycle so I just try to lay low and tell it to go away!

Can't remmeber if anyone on here is on thyroid? I think mine is too low for my uncle, I am so jittery, up half the night last night and my hear races horrible even during meditation!

I take a homeopath called Sedalia, it took the edge off last night so I could go to sleep but then I was up all night with craziness.

I feel beat up now. I got to doc later, see if they say I can take less for mid month.

Hi Ladies,

This will be my 2nd period while regularly taking the supplement DIM. My anxiety is much better at this point! I am at day 22 in my cycle, which has been trending towards short (sometimes as short as 2 weeks, more often 3 - 3 1/2 weeks) throughout withdrawal. Last month, the DIM seemed to lengthen my cycle and it was 28 days.

Pre-DIM I would be suffering horribly with pms by now. It will be interesting how this progresses!

Yes HH, please keep us posted. I'm still getting my period every 21 days, so if this is helping to lengthen your cycle I'd be very interested in hearing about it. I'm sick of being thrown into a wave every month because of my period, I think I'd be so much better if it wasn't for the monthly hormonal dips. Keep us posted! Jenny  :smitten:

I will, Jenny. I know you are very leery of taking anything, as am I, but this hasn't given me any problems. I'm hoping I can get another 28 day cycle this month with minimal PMS. Fingers crossed!!

Can't remmeber if anyone on here is on thyroid? I think mine is too low for my uncle, I am so jittery, up half the night last night and my hear races horrible even during meditation!

butterfly,

what does that mean that your thyroid is too low for your uncle?

i would interested in seeing if a thyroid med like an armour would work for me. i am up all night a lot myself. and a lot of other things that seems to be thyroid related. i did test it and it came out fine but i don't trust regular tests like that -- i would like more sensitive/intricate tests and an endo that really knows his thyroid matters. most docs don't know much when it comes to the thyroid.

most of the time i feel the hpa axis is majorly disregulated.

Bennie, I had one years ago that never ruptured. Will they keep an eye on its. A I am so sorry for the pain!

I have had some pelvic pain off and on, but thankfully it goes away, I don't want any kind of surgery of course. I know it flares with my cycle so I just try to lay low and tell it to go away!

I take a homeopath called Sedalia, it took the edge off last night so I could go to sleep but then I was up all night with craziness.

I feel beat up now. I got to doc later, see if they say I can take less for mid month.

My cyst has not given me much problem today. How about I call it The Cyst, not mine. I accept it but don't want it. I did not move much since my head has been mush and I have been shaky. My bowels got moving, thank god, so that takes pressure off my ovary. I made my small cut since it is estimated my period is a ways off. I usually don't cut around and during time of my period. I have no idea how this situation will play out with tapering. I actually want my period to come. After it's over, I feel better.

I checked out that DIM stuff and see it's something like an estrogen enhancer. Please don't quote me, it's just how I understand it. In my case, I think it would not help. I am estrogen dominant and very low levels of progesterone. Only after I get off K will I try progesterone.

Re. Your thyroid, what does it mean, "I think mine is too low for my uncle"?

Thanks for thinking about me!

Bennie

Hi Bennie,

DIM is not an estrogen enhancer. It helps your body balance and regulate it, balancing the good to bad estrogen ratio.

I'm not recommending anyone take anything, just reporting on my results and the recommendation of my doctor. :)

Interestingly, she recommended my friend's daughter take it because she has ovarian cysts. It's been helping her.

I hope your cyst goes away without more bother! I've heard they can be miserable.

:) HH

Hi,

Found some info on web md about DIM that makes me hopeful but cautious. Just wish I knew if this would help but I don't want to go there.

Bennie

???

Bennie,

I just saw that you are still tapering. I seem to remember reading that it's not a supplement one should take while still on benzos, but I don't remember why. As you are still tapering, I'd definitely do more research. I didn't start taking it until I was 18 months off.

Hi Jenny,

I started my period yesterday evening, so my cycle was 24 days this month....was hoping for another 28 day cycle, but still an improvement over the 19-21 day average I was getting. My pms seemed significantly better this month. I had a small wave, but it didn't knock me out.  It brought an increase in anxiety, some physical symptoms, and some heavy depression yesterday morning, but it lifted as the day went on. I slept great last night. Most of my periods have had increasing pms, building for about a week, that became unbearable with my anxiety and overall miserableness, and I would practically burst into tears each time my period started because at least I understood why I was feeling so awful. This month my period took me somewhat by surprise.

I am definitely seeing benefits from taking DIM.

Lol, Mrs! Right??!? It wasn't completely by surprise, by any means, but the past many months would have been several days of crap before getting my period...so the ONE day was quite nice!  :D

HH-- this is great news, thank you so much for sharing! So you were getting your period every 19-21 days before taking this? I hope I can get a little courage and try the DIM, it sounds like its really working for you. Thanks again, jenny

I even had several months of getting my period every TWO weeks, though I'm not sure how that happens!

I am very afraid of taking anything, so I completely understand your reluctance. What finally brought me the courage was the realization that it is basically no difference between taking a DIM and eating a large bunch of broccoli. I was also quite miserable and decided that it couldn't be any worse than how I was feeling already. I also started with a brand that I could cut down and I think I first took about 1/4 of a pill...building up from there.

I don't want you to take anything just from my own anecdotes, so be sure to do your own research. I had my trusted doctor recommend it.....and it still took me a good 6 months before I tried!

It does seem to be pretty mild. I didn't have any negatives from DIM, but I even initially struggled taking a multivitamin.

Best of luck and definitely do your research. :)

I haven't had a chance to read the whole thread. But wanted to chime in that YES! Periods and WD suck rocks!

I often get PMT up to 5 days prior and then during everything feels magnified!

I have my periods right now and feel dreadful!

I have a question for you guys... So, I get my period every 3 weeks now which I'm thinking is w/d throwing me into a perimenopausal state. Do you guys think once I'm healed my cycle will return to normal or am I now in perimenopause and there is no going back?? Thanks in advance, jenny

P.s. I'm suppose to get my period tomorrow and feel depressed and negative, yay me  :idiot:

Hi Mrs,

Thank you so much for the reply, I sure hope you are right! I'm doing pretty good after that 3 week wave, a lot of my sx have improved and baseline went up-- still dealing with some anxiety. How are you doing? Love ya, jenny  :smitten:

Have any of you had like nearly continuous bleeding?

Well like the actual mens and then continous spotting? Then mens again ect... done this for 6 weeks now...

Been to the doc shes running tests. My cycle has been all over the place but nothing like this. I have pain too at times.

I am in my 30s.

Really scared its something serious.

Xoxo

Hi benzomama,

No I have not personally had the spotting and continuous bleeding, but I'm positive others on here have experienced this. It seems all of us deal with some sort of wacky period, whether its non existent, to bleeding every few weeks, to irregular periods. I do have the pain, and sometimes I will still have cramps after my period is over, makes no sense. I think its good you went to the doctor and are getting it checked out, but I wouldn't worry-- I'm pretty sure its all w/d related. Good luck, and keep us posted  :smitten: jenny

[2a...]