Menstrual Support Group

Yay always! I bet your feeling better :) I'm on day 26 and still nothing.... I'm so irritable, I hope it comes soon.

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [je...]

• [Ki...]

• [He...]

• [pr...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

It's been almost 9 weeks since my last period but I've got all the regular PMS symptoms. It's starting to concern me. I usually get one between 5-8 weeks. So it's only about a week 'late'.

Thoughts?

I hope it comes today!

Peace2

peace2-Do not worry about your period it will come. I did not have a period for almost 3 months after I went off a benzo. I'm 51 years old and I finally got it and then I got it again 21 days later. It's the benzo that messes up your cycle and it's completely normal. Please be aware that when you do get your period it might be a bad period (heavy bleeding, clotting, bad cramps). This is 100% normal as the endocrine system re-balances. From what I have read every month it might get better. Just another s/x from taking a benzo.....

Fran

Hi Peace-- so sorry you are dealing with this. The benzos are just messing with your cycle, nothing about it makes any sense. I just had the absolute worst week of PMS and I haven't had one that bad in over a year-- doesn't make any sense either and I start to worry, but then when I'm clear minded I realize its yet again just the benzos. Everything will settle down in time. Feel better, Jenny  :smitten:

Hi girls. 1 month off benzos and 5 days late with the period  >:(

Sucks cuz before this I was finally pretty regular for about 4 months in a row.

I did take a pregnancy test and it's negative. I'm starting to feel anxious and irritable.

I wish it would just come!

Hi ladies I have not been on in a long while. I jumped off a rapid taper of Klonopin July 2014..I skipped two periods during my 19 month taper. Since Aug2014 my periods afluctuate between 31-45 day cycles. But I was definitely making progress as far as some kind of regularity. For example Dec was a 45 day cycle then Jan a 32 day cycle. Feb. 14 I drank a glass of wine , first drink since I started my taper Jan 2013. . I proceeded to go out with my friends and have a few glasses of wine here and there ...I never got drunk but started to notice deep depression and this sense of being totally unmotivated. I stopped drinking any wine March 12 and have been in a horrible wave ever since. Itchy skin, night anxiety , eye twitching , things that had totally stopped :(

Now I was expecting my period for March and totally missed it. I am

Day 46 in this cycle with no signs of my period. Last night I thought the period was coming I had cramps and body aches but nothing !! I am so discouraged , I thought I was finally healing ...do you ladies think the few glasses of wind could of messed up my period ?? Oddly enough I have kept a detailed journal of my cycles since I started my taper and every year since 2013 I miss a period in March ...perhaps it's just my cycle changing ?  The hormonal issues are really pushing me over the edge. Has anyone here tried DIM plus supplement ? I have read it does wonders on regulating hormonal issues , I am desperate to try anything at this point.

Sorry to hear this but I do think wine could mess up your period. Alcohol binds to Gaba receptors just like a benzo. My PDOC told me no alcohol for a very very long time maybe 6-9 months after you are 100% healed. She also told me when you go back drinking alcohol the first time is 2-3 steps that's it. Baby steps.

Thank you , I am certain that is what's going on here. It's hard because I desperately wanted to feel normal and at first the wine had no ill effects. Now, due this horrific wave and messed up cycle I'm certain the wine is to blame. At a time when my cycles were moving closer and closer together :(

I'm crushed but will not touch wine again , lesson learned.

Hi girls. 1 month off benzos and 5 days late with the period  >:(

Sucks cuz before this I was finally pretty regular for about 4 months in a row.

I did take a pregnancy test and it's negative. I'm starting to feel anxious and irritable.

I wish it would just come!

Hi jewey,

That's exactly how I get right before my period, I'm so irritable that I just pray for my period to come so that I can get some relief.. Hope it starts soon for you, jenny

Hi gals! I'm pretty sure I'm in menopause (so maybe I shouldn't even be on this forum) but I know my hormones are way out of wack. I have a fibroid, which is growing and two ovarian cysts. It's causing anxiety since I shouldn't have any activity going on during meno. But the stress and the cortisol aren't helping! Anyone else having similar problems??

Hi ladies I have not been on in a long while. I jumped off a rapid taper of Klonopin July 2014..I skipped two periods during my 19 month taper. Since Aug2014 my periods afluctuate between 31-45 day cycles. But I was definitely making progress as far as some kind of regularity. For example Dec was a 45 day cycle then Jan a 32 day cycle. Feb. 14 I drank a glass of wine , first drink since I started my taper Jan 2013. . I proceeded to go out with my friends and have a few glasses of wine here and there ...I never got drunk but started to notice deep depression and this sense of being totally unmotivated. I stopped drinking any wine March 12 and have been in a horrible wave ever since. Itchy skin, night anxiety , eye twitching , things that had totally stopped :(

Now I was expecting my period for March and totally missed it. I am

Day 46 in this cycle with no signs of my period. Last night I thought the period was coming I had cramps and body aches but nothing !! I am so discouraged , I thought I was finally healing ...do you ladies think the few glasses of wind could of messed up my period ?? Oddly enough I have kept a detailed journal of my cycles since I started my taper and every year since 2013 I miss a period in March ...perhaps it's just my cycle changing ?  The hormonal issues are really pushing me over the edge. Has anyone here tried DIM plus supplement ? I have read it does wonders on regulating hormonal issues , I am desperate to try anything at this point.

Hi crazy,

Healinghope tried the DIM and had very positive results from it, I would pm her for more info on how she's still doing with it. As far as the wine goes I think it could have thrown you off. Alcohol works just like a benzo so it may have even given you a paradoxical reaction which was why you started to get depressed. I would stay away from the alcohol and just take really good care of yourself , and I'm sure the wave will subside and you'll start to feel better again. I'm 18 months out and I know there is no way my body could handle any alcohol right now, I'm still way too sensitive. Feel better, jenny

Welp, here we go again :idiot:  I think my PMS is gearing up- I barely slept at all last night. Praying to the period Gods, although I have an intuition it won't be here for another few days at least.

Oh yes, it's tough!  Still no period and woke up with raging irritability.  I told my kids Mommy needs space this morning, and they actually spent the time before school in their room without protest or testing me.  :o  I must have looked 'crazy' enough, hah! :idiot:

Still praying to to period gods!

Candace, I hear ya! My irritability is just crazy right before my period, I actually pray for it because once my cycle starts everything calms down. Good luck, Jenny

Hi ladies,

I just wanted to share my little discovery. I just started taking Inositol for anxiety/panic/ocd tendencies. It also helps women with PCOS (which I don't have) to regulate menstrual cycles. There is a ton of research about it if you google around. Here is one site to read about it: http://www.pcosdietsupport.com/supplements/inositol-and-pcos/

Anyway, my period this month was much milder. My breast tenderness was non-existent, acne during ovulation and prior to the menses plummeted, and cramps have gone away. Just wanted to let you know!

LDR

Hi everyone!! I hope everyone is doing great despite PMS:)....I had my second period 21 days ago and on Saturday I started to stain but two days later I still do not have my period. I have no PMS symptoms nor do my boobs hurt like last month. I'm 51 years old and I really shouldn't be getting my period anymore but I was still getting it before I went off a benzo (every 5 weeks). Do you think my brain is reprogramming and it's realizing that I shouldn't have a period and that's why I am just staining?

Hi ladies,

I just wanted to share my little discovery. I just started taking Inositol for anxiety/panic/ocd tendencies. It also helps women with PCOS (which I don't have) to regulate menstrual cycles. There is a ton of research about it if you google around. Here is one site to read about it: http://www.pcosdietsupport.com/supplements/inositol-and-pcos/

Anyway, my period this month was much milder. My breast tenderness was non-existent, acne during ovulation and prior to the menses plummeted, and cramps have gone away. Just wanted to let you know!

LDR

Thanks LDR,

Ive been thinking of trying it, because my anxiety has been so bad lately. How fast would you say you noticed the results after taking it?

For anxiety? I am still building up to the dose that's supposed to be effective for it. But I have noticed my obsessive thoughts have already decreased some.

This month has been terrible. I've had chest pain, left arm tingling/aching, jaw aching, head tingling...scary. Went to the walk-in Saturday night with all this and they ran all the tests...nothing of course and thank God. I don't WANT it to be cardiac, but that it isn't makes it frustrating. I've been able to sleep, but those sensations haven't subsided since Saturday night. And my period has been heavier. I'm going to ask my doc about getting my hormone levels checked, and other vitamins besides D screened. Hoping as my period ends some of this subsides as well. Anyone else have these symptoms around their period? Or more often and discovered a hormone issue?

I need the rest of it to settle down!  :) Heavy periods are the least of it! But it all definitely gets worse during my period, and I can't get my mind away from it. One day at a time, right?

:smitten:

[80...]