Menstrual Support Group

I have had my period for 11 days now.  Definitely have had the heavy bleeding and bad pms symptons: dizziness gets worse, fatigue is unbearable.  Has anyone tried Pregnenolone to help balance hormones?  I've read Progesterone cream is a no no. 

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [je...]

• [Ki...]

• [He...]

• [pr...]

Top Posters In This Topic

No I haven't tried any meds. Maybe it'll work though or you'll find someone who has tried it. My period has been all crazy... I dedicate three 1/2 weeks to ovulation, pms, and shark week lol. It's been a fun roller coaster. But like everything else I'm sure this will even itself out too. Just one of many symptoms of this fun process.

My periods haven't stopped but they're defintely irregular. It kind of comes when it wants to . This last one I had two weeks of pms and one day of bleeding. Withdrawal symptoms have been heightened the whole time as well. It sucks. However, I know when the body is under stress your periods can stop. Whenever I got surgery my periods would stop for a couple months.

I find myself feeling so freaking bad during ovulation. It's worse than PMS anymore. I'm laying in bed. I'm anxious, depressed, have no appetite, tired. This sucks.

Hey Shania123-

Yeah that can happen. When I got in my car accident I didn't get a period for a whole year! It was crazy yet it was a really bad car accident too. Anyways, having your period be all messed up I feel would be expected due to this horrific healing process. Our bodies are just trying to get everything right again. I wouldn't worry.

But PugLover is right...symptoms do flair with ovulation and menstruation for me too. It sucks. But it is what it is. Hang in there.

• 2 weeks later...
[e4...]

I find myself feeling so freaking bad during ovulation. It's worse than PMS anymore. I'm laying in bed. I'm anxious, depressed, have no appetite, tired. This sucks.

Same here. Ovulation is worse for me. I'm pretty sxs free, but man, when it's that time, I'm a mess.

Of course, it's possible for periods to be late, or early for that matter. Due to plain old irregularity, Benzo withdrawal, or pregnancy. If you have any doubt about pregnancy, go buy yourself a test kit.

Well it turns out I'm not pregnant. However I got my period and it's like the worst period I've ever got in my life. I'm sure this is normal though and others have been through it. My period is super heavy right now and my body aches everywhere. No headaches yet so far but before I got my period it was awful.

Oh I remember this one Blue

My periods were awful in recovery...and the bleeding was off the scale....then I would dread my next period and it would be light...so in consistent that I stopped worrying. This is actually a sign of healing and things trying to find a balance.

shania

Not sure how to join this group or if I just post...

I'm 8 months benzo free. Around menstration I get waves- bad migraines, nausea, vision hypersensitivity, and the list goes on.

Curious how long it lasted for people and anything that helped or how you coped. Thanks!

Welcome  :) all you have to do it post and the thread will show up in your feed.

If you take some time and read back on the previous pages you will see that your sx are very common. I get nausea, migraines and bad vision every month before my cycle starts. I'm usually fine once it starts, but my cramps are terrible and flow is very heavy. I've seen improvements though at 4.5 months off benzos, but still a looooong way to go.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I feel better and more calm 11-13 days before my period. I'm surprised as from.what I knew that's the worst time, when women are suffering from PMS. I'm very anxious when my period starts and the weeks that follow are not better. Has anyone is experiencing it also or I'm just weird  ;)

Hi all, just posting so I'll be added to this group. I've had a horrific time of it in withdrawal particularly during ovulation, then right before my period, then during my period. It is horrific. At one point earlier in withdrawal I had light bleeding every day between periods for months - I don't have that anymore although still have some spotting between periods occasionally. But it's more rare. Just got my period yesterday and have been in hell. Looking forward to all the wisdom and shared experiences in this thread.

Ovulation and my period causes all kinds of symptoms to come back for me. Hopefully over time it will go away but it's never fun. Just hope for the best every month lol. I wonder how long it will take for my periods to become normal again. My periods became so irregular I never knew when they would come too. It sucks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, just posting so I'll be added to this group. I've had a horrific time of it in withdrawal particularly during ovulation, then right before my period, then during my period. It is horrific. At one point earlier in withdrawal I had light bleeding every day between periods for months - I don't have that anymore although still have some spotting between periods occasionally. But it's more rare. Just got my period yesterday and have been in hell. Looking forward to all the wisdom and shared experiences in this thread.

I'm so glad this group exists, I thought it was just me who found that hormones and having my period made withdrawl symptoms unbearable. Even though it's not nice for any of us to go through, the silver lining is that at least it seems to be a common experience and not just one person experiencing it alone. My worst side effects are extreme anxiety, panic attacks, nausea, and depression, even thoughts of wanting life to end (but I know it's just my brain because there's no way I would ever do anything like that) and they are extreme in the days just before and during my period. I also het headaches and dizziness and a lack of appetite but those are much easier to deal with than the psychological emotional stuff, I hate it!

It's hard to tell what my worst symptoms are when pms and ovulation hit but all I know is that it sucks! Usually ovulation and the few days my period starts are the worst. PMS seems to be intensified by a million and then the weird creepy PAWS symptoms set in. I'm just waiting for that month for when I can actually have a period without severe depression, head pressure, anxiety, cortisol surges, nerve pain, and so on. I'll let you guys know when that happens lol. Hopefully it's next month because this month PAWS has reared its ugly head again.

It's hard to tell what my worst symptoms are when pms and ovulation hit but all I know is that it sucks! Usually ovulation and the few days my period starts are the worst. PMS seems to be intensified by a million and then the weird creepy PAWS symptoms set in. I'm just waiting for that month for when I can actually have a period without severe depression, head pressure, anxiety, cortisol surges, nerve pain, and so on. I'll let you guys know when that happens lol. Hopefully it's next month because this month PAWS has reared its ugly head again.

YES to everything you wrote and what PMS does to you!!! ((((Huge hugs)))))

Just popping in to say these threads have been somewhat comforting......

During my MT from klonopin I had occasional light bleeding during ovulation. It was in my cervical mucus with just one wipe TMI  ::) ::). My first period in acute lasted 12 days. It stopped and then started again the next day really light along with headaches, (which I never get), night sweats alternating with cold chills, and benzo flu. I'm 38 and perimenopause is on the benzo brain! Since then that has stopped and seem to have a window....I really hope this is a one off. Don't feel I have the energy at this time to see any Dr. to make sure things are o.K. I keep  telling myself wait at least until March for things to come back on line.....Dang these drugs wreak havoc. I've come off of this before without near all of these weird symptoms. It's always hard for me to believe that all of this could be WD. Threads like these really bring me some peace that I am not alone and with time things will right themselves....Thanks Girls :smitten:

Just popping in to say these threads have been somewhat comforting......

During my MT from klonopin I had occasional light bleeding during ovulation. It was in my cervical mucus with just one wipe TMI  ::) ::). My first period in acute lasted 12 days. It stopped and then started again the next day really light along with headaches, (which I never get), night sweats alternating with cold chills, and benzo flu. I'm 38 and perimenopause is on the benzo brain! Since then that has stopped and seem to have a window....I really hope this is a one off. Don't feel I have the energy at this time to see any Dr. to make sure things are o.K. I keep  telling myself wait at least until March for things to come back on line.....Dang these drugs wreak havoc. I've come off of this before without near all of these weird symptoms. It's always hard for me to believe that all of this could be WD. Threads like these really bring me some peace that I am not alone and with time things will right themselves....Thanks Girls :smitten:

Hey V—

My boobs have been sore for two weeks, since my period. What about that? No cramps whatsoever last period. I think we are in sync, or were. Hopefully things will come around. Glad yiu have a window.

Bennie

Bennie!

You found me on this thread! I've been laying low on KK. Week 5 was my worst yet. I didn't want to scare anybody about ready to jump. Today just turned a corner. I hope your window opens back up soon! 95% sounds good.  Thinking of you...

Bennie!

You found me on this thread! I've been laying low on KK. Week 5 was my worst yet. I didn't want to scare anybody about ready to jump. Today just turned a corner. I hope your window opens back up soon! 95% sounds good.  Thinking of you...

You can't protect us from the truth, V.  We will hunt you down to know how you're really doing bc we ❤ ya. 

Came here to get in on the menstrual support.  Waves are intense leading up to it, esp 3-4 days prior. Feels like I am going to explode, or implode. Praying for relief tonight, searching online for how to induce menstruation.  Very close to putting fresh parsley up my vagina!

In solidarity,

WR

Bennie!

Waves are intense leading up to it, esp 3-4 days prior. Feels like I am going to explode, or implode. Praying for relief tonight, searching online for how to induce menstruation.  Very close to putting fresh parsley up my vagina!

In solidarity,

WR

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Hi ladies! Boy can I relate.....I'm 5 days "late" but my last period lasted 13 days so who the hell knows what's what anymore  :tickedoff:

M

[88...]