Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Cross-Over to Valium Support Thread

[6e...]

[6e...]

I think you will....

The Valium is sedating and you are taking 2.5.

At worst, you will feel sedated or drowsy.

I was scared too.

But we did it and after two days, I knew I was doing the right thing. When you feel things starting to smooth out, it will be a Gift.

Don't let the. Sedation, if you get any, scary you either. It will pass. Just enjoy getting off the crazy train.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [la...]

• [ro...]

• [ly...]

• [et...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[40...]
Lainey,I know urs is a little more complicated than mine since I was just on once a day dose, but the first night, I felt too anxious to let the valium relax me. I felt tired/wired, but slept, dreamed a lot. Next day, I just felt spacy/floatly, but not crazy. I felt tired, had to take it easy. Next night, I was less anxious and the valium did kick in and relax me, and I slept very well. But still the spacy/floaty feeling next day. A little nausea, dizziness, but it was also week b4 period too. I was still very tired. I think it was the 3rd night my brain tried to talk me into quitting. Then I resumed my klon next day, and didn't take valium. However, by the next night, I had my resolve to do it. I talked to etown and momofone and they assured me this was all the normal course of things and to stick it out. Plz give it a chance. Klon has not touched my lips since I c/o to valium finally, and Im still walking and talking, no crazytown, no psych ward. :) I will be here for u.

[6e...]

Yeah, the spacey feeling is just the V doing its work.

I could sit and read a book, only to find that an hour had passed and I read one page...

You will be fine. You're on your way, Lainey ! :smitten:

[40...]
First few days, housework no go, cooking just frozen dinners, sat around a lot yet I still hiked for miles! Don't understand that one, but somehow it worked for me. Whats that saying? "you cant go under it, you cant go over it, you must go through it..."?

So is it the valium that is making me lazy?  I have no initiative at all.  Lainey, I so relate to your conversation with your husband.  I just had that same conversation with my sainted hubby last night.  I am so afraid I am not going to make it thru this taper.  I HATE benzos and especially hate klonocide! 

Overcomer  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

[40...]

Overcomer, sounds like we are just both c/o to all valium. U did 2/14? I need to find my calendar, I think Ive been all valium for a week and a day or two now. We'll make it! How long are u going to stabilize? Im waiting 3-4 weeks after talking to etown.

Lainey, Hope it went well. Let us know how u feel.

Momofone, how are u feeling today? its a beautiful sunny day here. Im gonna get out and get some vit. D!

Etown, Im so glad ur here!

[40...]

I found this Phase II interesting of Reg Peart's sample protocol.

Phase II is the steady state accumulation period. Diazepam metabolizes into the active metabolites: desmethyldiazepam, oxazepam and temazepam with an overall half-life of about 9 days. Ninety percent of steady state accumulation is achieved in 3.3 half lives i.e., about 30 days which should be the approximate length of Phase II and results in an accumulation of about 5 times the daily dose level. The long half-life (about 200 hours) ensures a constant level in the body and blood and prevents interdose withdrawals as long as severe tolerance effects are not in operation. Tolerance to long half-life benzo anxiolytic effects start after 2 to 6 months.

Phase II is a stabilization period and if the previous drug has effectively been eliminated (6 half lives leaves about 1 to2% in the body i.e., 12 days maximum for Xanax) the patient is usually in a state of only minor physical and mental discomfort. As the individual sensitivity can vary a lot, it may require an upward adjustment of the dose to achieve it. Try not to do this until the end of the accumulation period of 30 days.

http://www.drregpeart.org/Dr%20Peart%20Sample%20Schedules%20with%20Notes%2022Sep06.pdf

mrtmeo, Ive wanted to thank you for ur references to dr peart and the link. I read this over and over. I think he really knows his benzo stuff, priceless information. :)

[6e...]

does

I found this Phase II interesting of Reg Peart's sample protocol.

Phase II is the steady state accumulation period. Diazepam metabolizes into the active metabolites: desmethyldiazepam, oxazepam and temazepam with an overall half-life of about 9 days. Ninety percent of steady state accumulation is achieved in 3.3 half lives i.e., about 30 days which should be the approximate length of Phase II and results in an accumulation of about 5 times the daily dose level. The long half-life (about 200 hours) ensures a constant level in the body and blood and prevents interdose withdrawals as long as severe tolerance effects are not in operation. Tolerance to long half-life benzo anxiolytic effects start after 2 to 6 months.

Phase II is a stabilization period and if the previous drug has effectively been eliminated (6 half lives leaves about 1 to2% in the body i.e., 12 days maximum for Xanax) the patient is usually in a state of only minor physical and mental discomfort. As the individual sensitivity can vary a lot, it may require an upward adjustment of the dose to achieve it. Try not to do this until the end of the accumulation period of 30 days.

http://www.drregpeart.org/Dr%20Peart%20Sample%20Schedules%20with%20Notes%2022Sep06.pdf

mrtmeo, Ive wanted to thank you for ur references to dr peart and the link. I read this over and over. I think he really knows his benzo stuff, priceless information. :)

Does ANYONE believe I might get better after those thirty days then?

It has only been two and a half weeks since I fully crossed over.

Ohw....I just can't take it anymore today...sorry guys. Just complaining. I am going nuts .

[40...]

momofone, I sure hope things get much, much better for u as time passes. I know that Im not doing too bad, but here are some things that help me:these sound videos are from waterwhispers ilse and brain tingles

http://www.youtube.com/user/TouchingTingles

I close my eyes, lay down and listen to these sound videos, it seems a little "out there" but they really take me out of my own head, and I totally relax but u have to find the ones that appeal to u.

I go outside and lay flat on my back on my deck & put my legs up against the wall of house and put my arms up behind my head and just stare up into the heavens

I hike

I stretch

I so wish I could find a better solution for u. Im thinking of u.

mom can you tell me how you did your c/o?

I am wondering if I have my schedule to slow. according to Ashton I am not quite doing it right. Already fretting and tonight will be 2nd night of evening dose only....UGH

I felt absolutely no different today or last night. the V did nothing that I don't already experience daily on the K

Whenever anyone asks me "how are you?" pat answer is "CRAPPY"    sorry but its true, I feel crappy 80% of the day and good by evening (20%)

[6e...]

Lainy,

From 4 doses of 0.25 Ativan.

7am, 11 am, 4 pm, 9 pm

Then I took 0.125 for first dose, with 1.25 Valium.

Held for two days, then crossed that whole dose to 2.5 Valium.

Held for to days and repeat with three other doses.

15-16 total.

I updosed with 2.5 Valium to one of my doses a week before starting the cross over.

Now I'm at 15  Valium.

wasn't that rather fast?

I don't want to feel crappier. I have high hopes that this c/o will give me some stabilization before I taper

And I was saddened that you are feeling crappy again too...Praying for you

[6e...]

That's why I keep saying to people to not rush it. To get the right amount of Valium.

To look at me and see how not to do it.

I never calculated back to where I felt best and taper over to that dose equivalent. I didn't know until it was too late. And now Im updosing and not sure if I will even get better. What if I have to keep updosing? When is enough. Who knows that? Nobody. Because " we're all different".

There is no one here who knows in my area. I'm trying to figure this out on my own and that's why I'm here. I want my life back.

To feel human.

This is ridiculous. My brain is going to explode.

golly to I hear you. I feel sometimes that with my gut churning and this feeling of constant anxiousness I will land in the hospital. Then I remind myself I have been feeling like this for over a year, seeing many Drs and getting many dx. Not dead yet.

please stay strong and try to think that just a couple days ago you were doing "alright", not great, just alright.

that's how I gage my days- horrible, want to die all day- crappy but able to feed myself at least- making due with what I got

Mom:  Wowie Zowie you could be telling my story with my w/d from K.  I am afraid to updose the V to my pre K level, because I can't remember the last time I actually felt good, even on K, realize now that I was in tolerance for years.  So who knows how much V I would need to increase to.  So sticking with my V taper from temazepam, even though I have severe s/xs from my K w/d.  2 Drs told me not to taper the temazepam until I was done with K w/d.  And when will that be?  No one knows.  My brain will never fully recoveras long as I am on a benzo.  So if I updose to a much higher level of V, which I am on 14.5 now, I will be tapering the rest of my life.  And there is no guarantee that updosing me to prior K level would stabalize me.  Even Ashton says that.  You are right, we are all different and what works for one doesn't always work for the other.  Hope you feel better.  I was following the thread the night your symptoms were so bad that your husband was posting your responses.  That was very scarey.  It says a lot for the group, the way they hung in there with you.

Overcomer  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

[6e...]

I know Overcomer, I just don't know.

A doctor can only make a more educated guess but can't tell the outcome.

I feel so angry with the doctors. They are in line to give me more ssri or refill my jar but no help.

Who knows when enough is enough?

I won't be off this for 4 years if I take 30 mgr.

Who can do this? When will it end.

I apologize to everyone in advance for the ugliness of my posts. If I can't put it out here, I Will lose my mind.

Mom forgive me but you said the other day that you really didn't want to updose to 30mg. Now you have confirmed that above. I am 2 years into a 4+ year taper and though I hate it I would rather do it this way being somewhat comfortable than hoping I can beat the numbers in some way to decrease the time of my taper. Please correct me if I'm wrong but are you trying to stickhandle around the 30mg starting dose. I know you are hurting right now so if you want to wait to answer thats ok I just had to ask or I'll forget the thought.

I care about you

etown