Cross-Over to Valium Support Thread

[6d...]

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THIS ALL-OVER, PAINFUL HEADACHE WILL GO AWAY? I KNOW IT'S FROM VALIUM BECAUSE I AM ALMOST CROSSED OVER AND I AM NOT A HEADACHE PERSON. THANK YOU.

Mo

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [la...]

• [ro...]

• [ly...]

• [et...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone please tell me how to get back on Klonopin from this Valium c/o? Klonopin turned on me but Valium is making my mind bad and lots of pain. I am almost all the way crossed over.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I just wanted to update you guys in where I'm at!  I'm kinda doing a crossover and taper at the same time. I got rid of the liquid Xanax compound i was using before the Valium- took me three weeks and I did it! Got rid of .09 mg Xanax from that.  I'm feeling very proud :)

I also crossed more of my first dose to Valium and once I get my period, I'm going to make another cross over but making a .025 Xanax mg cut (by crossing .125 mg to 2 mg Valium).  Plan is to wait two weeks and make another cross over at the same exchange, if my body is okay with it. We'll see where I'm at when that's done and take it from there!

I started acupuncture about a month ago and it has helped me tremendously. I've also been doing light yoga and have joined a Soto Zen Buddhist sangha and am meditating daily. This has also been an enormous support.

Thanks for being such great supports and my heart is with all of those who are suffering.

Best,

Candice

Hi all,

I just wanted to update you guys in where I'm at!  I'm kinda doing a crossover and taper at the same time. I got rid of the liquid Xanax compound i was using before the Valium- took me three weeks and I did it! Got rid of .09 mg Xanax from that.  I'm feeling very proud :)

I also crossed more of my first dose to Valium and once I get my period, I'm going to make another cross over but making a .025 Xanax mg cut (by crossing .125 mg to 2 mg Valium).  Plan is to wait two weeks and make another cross over at the same exchange, if my body is okay with it. We'll see where I'm at when that's done and take it from there!

I started acupuncture about a month ago and it has helped me tremendously. I've also been doing light yoga and have joined a Soto Zen Buddhist sangha and am meditating daily. This has also been an enormous support.

Thanks for being such great supports and my heart is with all of those who are suffering.

Best,

Candice

Congratulations on cutting that Xanax ! You sure should feel proud!

I'm doing acupressure and meditation, too and it's been very beneficial.

I hear ya on the period... I always hold during that time, ugh..

Hope,things will be well for you.

Hi all,

Best,

Candice

Congratulations on cutting that Xanax ! You sure should feel proud!

I'm doing acupressure and meditation, too and it's been very beneficial.

I hear ya on the period... I always hold during that time, ugh..

Hope,things will be well for you.

Thank you!  Yes my period is MIA right now, so hopefully it arrives before my new prescription reflecting my next cut and crossover is filled. Lol. Have to laugh.

Hi all,

Best,

Candice

Candice , good job i am trying to get rid of this last bit of Klonopin its been going rough i think i been ctting to much % wise so going to slow it down! Wishing you well ~CD

Hi all,

Best,

Candice

Candice , good job i am trying to get rid of this last bit of Klonopin its been going rough i think i been ctting to much % wise so going to slow it down! Wishing you well ~CD

Thank you so much. Yes- pay attention to your body and go slow. Wishing you well as well!

Some thing is very wrong with me.  The Valium or something else is killing me. I am falling apart. I cannot wake up. Went to sleep at 6 pm yesterday. Vertigo. Need an MRI (the pain doctor did an xray of my lower back. Upper is already bad). Don't know shy they want the MRI.

I have vertigo.

Body full of pain. Also can't warm up. Freezing. And it's not even cold.

Seeing shrink and neurologists today who both poo poo me. Shrink keeps telling me to lessen the Valium. Klonopin is stronger so how could Valium be doing this?

Went to sleep 6 pm yesterday. Stumbling around this morning. Took 8 Mg Valium instead of ten last night and this morning. 6 Mg midday.

He is in his seventies. He will tell me to switch back to Klonopin or put me on Librium or something straight away. Or keep lessening the Valium

I am falling apart. So scared

Hi. I am considering a switch to diazepam.

Do you still rememebr how much time it took till you developed tolerance to diazepam / typically tolerance to diazepam´s hypnotic and sedative properties would develop first ?

Truthfully, I am also concerned about having to deal with withdrawal from yet another drug.

Is there some sort of safe time frame to be on diazepam ?

Hi. I am considering a switch to diazepam.

Do you still rememebr how much time it took till you developed tolerance to diazepam / typically tolerance to diazepam´s hypnotic and sedative properties would develop first ?

Truthfully, I am also concerned about having to deal with withdrawal from yet another drug.

Is there some sort of safe time frame to be on diazepam ?

Liberty i have the same concerns as you do but i am almost fully off Klonopin and on Valium ~CD

SHALOM Marian ! How are you ?

It took about 60-90 days for V to build up to full potency , then I stabilized , and began tapering . But I had heart procedures I had to have done , so Dr said , Stop Tapering until after and things checked out . It will get better . Not a picnic , but not as bad once V is working .

The LORD Bless you !

Shalom Iam

I was directly crossed over , for two weeks I could barely talk , slept a lot . But it slowly wore off , but lorazepam has such a short half life , I never really got relief . V once it has built up has no inter-dose extras , just pretty much minimal wd sxs , little extra about 3 - 4 weeks out from cutting , it seems . But like the song ... Everybody Hurts . No crazy stuff with V , I had DR , DP , Shakes , a lot tapering Ativan(Lorazepam) , eyes , head , still have tinnitus , but ... I think that's normal and the last to go . Almost no anxiety , now . Sleep is better somedays , than others , but I'm sleeping . So far .

Shalom Iam

I think everybody is different. I DO have interdose withdrawal on Valium. But I am convinced it has to do with my genetics. I am a fast metabolizer of drugs at the moment. Some people are. I wish I was one of those who could say Valium is awesome. It's just a different beast in my book. But so is my body.

The Klonopin was not for me. So not sure.

But need to get some others back I. Here. I agree.

Moo?

Etown?

Others that have experience?

Blessings

Selah

Selah same here. I get intersperse w/d from Valium. I am on schedule 5 stage 8 of Ashton crossover from Klonopin and xanax. I c/t xanax after years as per my shrink. Mistake. Went through tortured Hell. Now the Valium takes away the terror but it makes me intensely depressed and along with Benadryl a bit of a zombie. But it beats the torture.  Midday I get very very shaky from intersperse w/d yes.

Love

Marian

SHALOM Marian ! How are you ?

It took about 60-90 days for V to build up to full potency , then I stabilized , and began tapering . But I had heart procedures I had to have done , so Dr said , Stop Tapering until after and things checked out . It will get better . Not a picnic , but not as bad once V is working .

The LORD Bless you !

Shalom Iam

SHALOM MY DEAR FRIEND!

I drop in rarely but will say a few things.

If you c/o to the exact equivalent as suggested in Ashton and add 20% as Peart said you have the best chance of being stable. I believe there is a stable dose of Valium for almost everyone.(99%).

Then,do a cross over according to Ashton or Peart. These methods are tried and true and work! You MUST follow the cross over protocol as far as timing or at least wait longer between not shorter. After the cross over you must wait 2-4 weeks before beginning to taper. It amazes me how many people try to reivent the wheel or think "they" are different than everyone else for some reason.

Let the Valium work and do its thing. Dumping other drugs and OTC medicines helps only short term and prolongs the process. I was on Clonazepam (Klonopin) for over 20 years and crossed over successfully.

If anyone tells you that you can taper symptom free they are full of crap.I have never been symptom free and have tried every tapering method out there. Tolerable symptoms which means you will be very uncomfortable at times is the norm.

You will need to develop coping skills such as how to evoke the relaxation response. Google Herbert Benson and learn it. There is no drug or method to get out of this easy! Resist fear, smile in the face of adversity, challenge yourselfand live in spite of your situation. IMO staying on Benzos is not an option, just makes the inevitable harder.

Follow Peart or Ashton to a tee. Learn their stuff instead of expecting someone else to do it for you.They are the real professionals not anyone on here. Ashton walked hundreds of people through this and Peart went through it successfully.

Get on with it! As Ashton said I paraphrase " there are lots of people tapering so you're not the only one".

etown

Etown

I try to follow things to a tee. I want to know if I am doing things correctly. Let me know if I can go over it with you. I write everything down so I can tell you everything I have done thus far. I am battling 39 years of benzos and klonopin was in there for at least 20 plus of those years...with xanax or serax concurrently

thank you

Marian

No problem IMO

1.  Get Ashton's manual

2.  Go to the cross over tables and equivalency charts

3.  Remember the dose of whatever Benzos or combination of Benzos you last felt good on

4.  Cross over to the equivalent dose of Valium and add 20% and follow her schedule

5.  At the end of the cross over hold for 2-4 weeks

6.  Taper at whatever method you choose until you hit zero.

Easy? NO but it is the only way trust me.

Good luck

etown

Etown I never added 20%. I am already on schedule 5, stage 8. I get interdose withdrawals not long after my morning dose. I use halves of benadryl and a lityle propanolol to get me through although the benadryl adds to the zombie feeling. Better overly sedated than tortured. This sucks. Plus I just STUPIDLY read some posts from a group on here that said their doctor thinks that Ashton is crap science. But it's all I have. It's what I am doing. I feel like shite on it but klonopin became ineffective.  Damn

I don't know what or whom to believe anymore. I am doing it as Ashton says with lots of depression, not feeling well on Valium, withdrawals, shaking, anxiety, fatigue, bedridden,  etc. Never happened to me before this year.

Benzos always "agreed" with me or so I thought. Then I snapped.

I will just follow Ashton, hold more than 1 to 2 weeks per stage if I must, although I would rather get this thing overwith.

Then once off benzos what the hell am I gonna do with the PTSD, flashbacks and terror?

It feels like a no win situation.  I am so uncomfortable in my skin.

M

Hi all!

Just dropping in to say I made another cross over step last night in my first dose- .125 mg X to 2 mg V.  Feeling proud to be on with it.  Foraging forward with the cross over plan.

:smitten: Candice

I drop in rarely but will say a few things.

If you c/o to the exact equivalent as suggested in Ashton and add 20% as Peart said you have the best chance of being stable. I believe there is a stable dose of Valium for almost everyone.(99%).

Then,do a cross over according to Ashton or Peart. These methods are tried and true and work! You MUST follow the cross over protocol as far as timing or at least wait longer between not shorter. After the cross over you must wait 2-4 weeks before beginning to taper. It amazes me how many people try to reivent the wheel or think "they" are different than everyone else for some reason.

Let the Valium work and do its thing. Dumping other drugs and OTC medicines helps only short term and prolongs the process. I was on Clonazepam (Klonopin) for over 20 years and crossed over successfully.

If anyone tells you that you can taper symptom free they are full of crap.I have never been symptom free and have tried every tapering method out there. Tolerable symptoms which means you will be very uncomfortable at times is the norm.

You will need to develop coping skills such as how to evoke the relaxation response. Google Herbert Benson and learn it. There is no drug or method to get out of this easy! Resist fear, smile in the face of adversity, challenge yourselfand live in spite of your situation. IMO staying on Benzos is not an option, just makes the inevitable harder.

Follow Peart or Ashton to a tee. Learn their stuff instead of expecting someone else to do it for you.They are the real professionals not anyone on here. Ashton walked hundreds of people through this and Peart went through it successfully.

Get on with it! As Ashton said I paraphrase " there are lots of people tapering so you're not the only one".

etown

etown, i agree 1000% there is no way to taper with out feeling W/D`s and it may be why alot of people get overly freaked out it`s a rough road during taper and your going to feel it so the whole Valium C/O will just help the withdrawls symptoms and if you can stay pretty much functional then it`s about the best your going to get during a taper! So glad you posted this etown ~            Peace ~CD

Following Ashton to a t. So overmedicated I am falling into things and I have been at it a pretty long time now. Going to need to drop 2 mg. Valium today. Keep reevaluating. Can't drive, can't walk well, can't wake up. I hate the sad, long and vivid drwams V keeps giving me. I like that it takes my terror away but big trade-off. Anxiety when I drop down but Ashton too much V for me.