Cross-Over to Valium Support Thread

[16...]

Candice, glad the C/O is going good and as others have said and i also need to keep reminding myself is try not to project bad days they will come and they will go just keep telling yourself that ! As for the Woman Cycle bit can`t help ya there :-[ ~Glad your doing better and know all will be well ~ CD

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [la...]

• [ro...]

• [ly...]

• [et...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you so much for the support and insight, you guys. It has been so very helpful.

It's been 3 nights since I made the first step in my crossover. I honestly feel alright. What do you guys think- should I make another step tonight?  (I'm doing it in .125 mg Xanax to 2.5 mg Valium exchanges).  So far my Valium intake has been:

3/23- started 2 mg V at 9 am and 5 pm, continuing daily.

4/7- started crossover, exchanged .125 mg X for 2.5 mg of V at bedtime dose.

Thank you so much for the support and insight, you guys. It has been so very helpful.

It's been 3 nights since I made the first step in my crossover. I honestly feel alright. What do you guys think- should I make another step tonight?  (I'm doing it in .125 mg Xanax to 2.5 mg Valium exchanges).  So far my Valium intake has been:

Candice, are you doing a total  X = V C/0 or a partial like am as i am tapering while crossing over !Glad your doing well and IMO give it a few more days as Valium can take 2 weeks or longer to fully build up in your system ~CD

[c8...]

Personally, I would wait a few more days. According to Ashton schedule, you'd cross the next dose in a week. If you really want to go quicker then maybe hold off two more days or so?

I did a Peart style cross over, which meant I crossed within less than three weeks , my total dose. I felt great at the time, better than since the whole mess started. But I think I didn't have enough Valium built up yet because the week after my cross over, I got slammed.

That's the tricky part with this. You feel fine and can get a bit too quick.

You already have some Valium in your system because of the doses you already took in Valium, though. All I'm saying is that you're going done in Xanax at the same time now. So if you feel good, maybe just don't jinx it and wait a day or two, is what I'd do.

From what I can see, this is working well for you so imwould not change it too much too quick ?

Just my two cents.

Candice I would stick to the crossover schedule. I have seen people go terribly wrong when they (in the words of another buddie here) "make stuff up". Why on earth would you want to change something that's working for you? This is not a race -- there's no prize for getting to zero, but getting to zero feeling well is a prize in itself. So, no . . . I wouldn't mess with the c/o schedule.

[c8...]

Candice I would stick to the crossover schedule. I have seen people go terribly wrong when they (in the words of another buddie here) "make stuff up". Why on earth would you want to change something that's working for you? This is not a race -- there's no prize for getting to zero, but getting to zero feeling well is a prize in itself. So, no . . . I wouldn't mess with the c/o schedule.

:thumbsup:

Okay, thank you everyone!  Holding for the week as planned :). It'll be 'girly' time then, so might have to hold longer at that point :)

I began with a once daily dose of xanax to sleep. THe WD symtoms were unbearable for months until i clocked into what was going on. I think I am stable now at ~2mg xanax at bedtime with 10-15 valium spaced during the day to control WD. It is barely a week since I got here. I don't actually have a valid valium script at the moment (but no shortage of pills at the moment).

I think I should get the xanax down at least 50% before 1) attempting full crossover and 2)Approaching my doctor for a script that sounds sane.

Any suggestions on how long I should sit at this level?  At this dose, I would need 80 mg of valium? (Goddam that sounds insane!)

I also have a transpacific flight to endure in 2 weeks......

I posted this question in the Valium group but also posting here since it is related to Ashton crossover.

Question: if you take a 5mg Valium, how fast and how sedating is it when it hits? 10mg is VERY sedating for me, I take it at bedtime and I'm out at least 7 hours. I'm planning to c/o 1mg Xanax in .25mg at a time. 5mg V is the equivalent of .25mg Xanax according to Ashton. But I'm wondering how strongly 5mg Valium will hit me if 10mg is very strong. I know a .25 Xanax will relax me but not knock me out and I could still be plenty alert enough to drive. But could I expect the same reaction from 5mg Valium in its place? Maybe those of you who crossed over from Xanax can answer that.

The current .5mg Xanax XR that I take twice a day is the extended release kind, so I don't feel a certain moment when it kicks in the way I do when I take a .25 immediate release Xanax.

Hi,

I am coming to a close on the crossover from A to V. Starting to get a little nervous. I'm in my 40s and most of my life have followed impulse. I don't want to here.

In three weeks I will be on 60 mgs of valium. Ashton says you can make bigger cuts at this level with minimal withdrawal symptoms. Is this true? A couple questions (given that everyone is different.)

1. If I were to cut every two weeks--is it better to cut 2.5mg  one week and then 2.5mg  another or 5 at once. What has been your experience with withdrawal symptoms in these cases?

2. Between 60 and 40 mgs, does it matter how I disperse the dosages throughout the day in the beginning?

3. After making a cut, with the longer half life, at how many days will withdrawal symptoms begin and generally how long do they last?

4. Has anyone ever done a combo Liquid/Tablet Taper---i.e. Taking the bulk of the dose by tablet and having the doc prescribe liquid for the more minor cuts?

Any help would be great. Thank you.

Being on over 2mg Xanax a day, a 10mg of valium feels like an m&m-but it keeps the horrors of WD at bay.

Before I got into this mess, 5-10mg valium was very sufficient to put me asleep. After too big a taper, I woke up after 2mg after 4 hours and took another 1 mg. A disturbing bit of news, well I never DID get back to sleep. I am trying to move to valium, but think the sheer potency (IMHO) of Xanax leaves a STRONG tolerance to valiun (and no, I cannot back this up with anything.

I keep trying to replace x with v and having a hard time. All the v does is keep away WD (which in itself is a good thing, but i want off the x)

AND WHY AREN'T THE WORDS, VALIUM AND XANAX in the spell check dictionary?

I started a cross over a few nights ago of valium

Its been horrendous...

I think the 0.25 cut in lorazepam  has got me . The withdrawals are horrendous.

I don't know what to do?

19mg

It seems like one always playing catch up with valium as i dropped the 2.5 lorazepam and valium isn't in me yet.

My mouth symptoms pain has gone mad and i can eat or swallow...

Hi all,

I'm still waiting for my period to get here so I can make the next step in my crossover. Cmon period gods, have mercy on me, and while I'm waiting- God grant me patience and strength. PMS is not a fun time- upticks symptoms.  I'm an emotional insomniac!

On a bright note- I went for an acupuncture session a couple days ago and it went really well. Going to go back tomorrow for another treatment.

Well, here I go!  Period has finally come and gone and I am making the next step in my cross over tonight. Wish me luck!

Thanks ingrid

So far, so good.  Not really feeling much in terms of Xanax withdrawals after making this second cross over step.  I'm going to give it a week, and as long as I'm still stable, I'm going to begin tapering out the liquid Xanax compound portion of my second nightly dose.  It's incredibly stimulating to get out of bed to take it each night.  (I had introduced this compound to try to micro taper Xanax before it became obvious that wasn't going to work for me, and I began a switch to Valium).  So, this compound doesn't serve me anymore, it's got to go!  It's just .09 mg, so not a huge amount of Xanax to get rid of there. 

Once the liquid is gone, my doctor and I are going to decide our next step.  We're either going to continue the Xanax taper or continue the cross over to Valium.  It's funny, originally I thought a full cross over would be best for me, now I'm thinking a partial might be all I need.  We shall see next weekend as I listen to what my body has to say about losing Xanax on my current Valium dose.

Has anyone else here tapered their original benzo as they were crossing over to Valium? 

:smitten:  Candice

Wanting to and playing with c/o for a very long time. In tolerance Hell. Cutting 1/8 Klonopin now using a 5 mg. Valium at bedtime with a .25 K. Been on benzos 39 years. Wanting off but have tried V c/o a few times before. V made me agitated (like today) especially when it got to JUST 10 mg. V at bedtime without mixing it with the K at stage 2 so I always end up stopping the V and putting back the other half of the K. My dose is 1.5 K per day equivalent 3x day every 8 hours. Using halves of Benadryl and two 10 mg. Propranolol inbetween for help through w/d Hell. Benzos became ineffective at year 38, when I left the psych ward January 1 this year. They were effective all those years. I c/t Xanax a few weeks after January 1 after years of using K with it (or with Serax). I c/t oxycodone last August 14 2014 after 3 years of Rx use. In hell, going crazy, bedridden, never felt like this in my life and my life's been Hell for many years since age 11. PTSD, tragedy, depression, terror, unreality, detached, depersonalization, etc. To c/o or not....don't know. Hard coming off and stuck. No chance of stabilizing...won't happen. Have to cut or c/o while in big sx

So far planning to keep cutting while keeping the 5 mg. V until the end. K has turned on me and V always has. Wanted sedation, now it's waning.  No one's been on these pills as long as I have. So lonely and alone. Feel no chance of life getting better at all....ever.

Thanks ingrid

So far, so good.  Not really feeling much in terms of Xanax withdrawals after making this second cross over step.  I'm going to give it a week, and as long as I'm still stable, I'm going to begin tapering out the liquid Xanax compound portion of my second nightly dose.  It's incredibly stimulating to get out of bed to take it each night.  (I had introduced this compound to try to micro taper Xanax before it became obvious that wasn't going to work for me, and I began a switch to Valium).  So, this compound doesn't serve me anymore, it's got to go!  It's just .09 mg, so not a huge amount of Xanax to get rid of there. 

Once the liquid is gone, my doctor and I are going to decide our next step.  We're either going to continue the Xanax taper or continue the cross over to Valium.  It's funny, originally I thought a full cross over would be best for me, now I'm thinking a partial might be all I need.  We shall see next weekend as I listen to what my body has to say about losing Xanax on my current Valium dose.

Has anyone else here tapered their original benzo as they were crossing over to Valium? 

:smitten:  Candice

Candice, look at my C/O Taper i droped my klonopin use from 4mgs down to 0.658mgs and yes in the begining  i was adding Valium but not at an equvilent dosage so i am now taking 45mgs of Valium and just reducing my Klonopin so in short i am doing a partial as you have mentioned because a full C/0 would be almost 70mgs of Valium and the dose of Klonopin i am taking now ! I hope this helps ? ~ CD

Thanks can do!  It's nice to find someone else doing this 'unconventionally', heehee.  I don't want to add in any more Valium than is absolutely necessary. Because that has to be tapered too!  Valium has been a god send for me so far. But I don't want to become too reliant on it, if that makes sense?

can do- Have you noticed that you were able to make bigger cuts to your original benzo after you added in Valium?  I'm trying to decide what size cut to make to my liquid Xanax compound this weekend. Before I introduced Valium, I was making .0025 mg micro cuts and was having a hard time being consistent with that. I haven't made any Xanax cuts since I brought in the Valium, but I'm assuming I don't need to microtaper it anymore?  What was your experience?