Cross-Over to Valium Support Thread

[4c...]

rose do you have a therapist you can talk to? It sounds like you're mired in a lot of situational issues which are making you depressed. A talk therapist can help you sort all that out. I find that having one helps me immensely.

Okatz

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [la...]

• [ro...]

• [ly...]

• [et...]

Top Posters In This Topic

okatz, yes I do . I saw her Saturday. I see her again on Friday. I could probably call her today in a emergency talk to hold me over unti Friday. Do you think this could be more than just the valium reacting?

I appreciate your advice.

[4c...]

Rose, as you know, I see a therapist too.

If you did not have any underlying depression before you're taper, IMO, you can be pretty sure it's Wd xs. And depression from the Valium...

This is all so new, these feelings of hopelessness and such. So we can start to worry about all sorts of things that might be what " this " is.

Seriously, when I was so dizzy, I thought I had a tumor or something.

When I could not move much ( sedation) I worried about MS.

Because I kept searching for illnesses that could explain my symptoms.

When all was looked at, it all came down to Ativan witdrawal and Valium taper. Wd xs.

It is no picnic but we will get through this. One day we will be off this.

As you start your taper, you will be closer to freedom each day and healing each day.

Be assured that what you're going through has been experienced by most of us.

I'm sorry it's all going so tough right now. Stress is awful during taper and know that we are right here.

We are all in this together and understand.

Much love,

Moo

Moo...I seem to keep needing to hear this and hear from all of you.

I know I come to BB often and esp you, Mom of one, it makes all the difference . I keep waiting for the valium to stabilize and to feel at ease with this taper.

Maybe I expected too much. Im just not in a good place today. Have gone out other days, but not today.

You are a sweetheart. So much assurance and smarts, and kindness. 

Hugs to you for helping me....

[4c...]

Moo...I seem to keep needing to hear this and hear from all of you.

I know I come to BB often and esp you, Mom of one, it makes all the difference . I keep waiting for the valium to stabilize and to feel at ease with this taper.

Maybe I expected too much. Im just not in a good place today. Have gone out other days, but not today.

You are a sweetheart. So much assurance and smarts, and kindness. 

Hugs to you for helping me....

Yes, you need to keep hearing it. Because we don't trust ourselves much. I was desperate like that too not too long ago. Valium is not the miracle drug that will take all the bad things away. But for me it is way better than the inter dose on Ativan , after stabilizing. The time between was not pretty.

You will get there Rose. You WILL.

Who cares if you went out today? If you can't, you can't. That's what I'm trying to say each time.

Do only what you can. And screw the rest ( pardon my French).

No thank yous. If not for other buddies having done the same for me, I would not be here trying to help you! :smitten:

Hugs right back at ya, my friend.

[27...]
Rose, everyone on here has given such great advice, I feel that I have nothing better I can add. I am so wishing for u to feel better. Being older, I now know that things can change, you're not always gonna feel depressed, I now know that our brain's plasticity will eventually win out over this crazy benzo ride, it will.  :)

ingrid, Moo, everyone..

it may be so difficult because of the ativan w/ds. I have only been on valium a few weeks. I keep waiting for stabilization, but I may be one of those who just have symptoms all the way..ugh...

ingrid, just hearing from you is a day brightner, as all the buddies who reach out. Im a sensitive, marshmallow these days.

Thanks for well wishes all.

I wish I was a fiesty, cranky old broad... :crazy:

Im going broke on keenex. :smitten:

[4c...]

ingrid, Moo, everyone..

it may be so difficult because of the ativan w/ds. I have only been on valium a few weeks. I keep waiting for stabilization, but I may be one of those who just have symptoms all the way..ugh...

ingrid, just hearing from you is a day brightner, as all the buddies who reach out. Im a sensitive, marshmallow these days.

Thanks for well wishes all.

I wish I was a fiesty, cranky old broad... :crazy:

Im going broke on keenex. :smitten:

Just use your sleeve. I do. I don't open the door for anyone anyways. :laugh:

Help - I need some advice quickly from the more experienced members here - don't ask how I did this total brain fog -1. did full cross over to valium from klonopin and then after waiting the 25+ days started taper.  Last week started what I thought was new valium RX of 5 mg but turned out is was klonopin so instead of taking total of 27mg of valium for 1 week I have been taking 3mg of klonopin plus 2 mg of valium - and  felt awful.  Now I obviously need to get back to the valium  and lower dose (I have never taken close to 3 mg klonopin ever) - how can I do this and how fast should I go.  Last night when I discovered error and after speaking with my doctor took 2 mg of klonopin, this AM took 1 mg valium and 5 mg valium.  I have to take dose at 1 PM - should be .25 of valium was actually . 25 of klonopin and at 6 PM was only dose actually taking 2 mg valium.  So now 3 doses of klonopin all wrong - for a week -and don't know what to do.  Klonopin by the way other than making me totally not functional did not help me so I need to get off of all these drugs - I still had stomach ache and anxiety even on that high a dose -paradoxical effect.  Thanks I know you guys will help me here. I don't want to run into terrible side effects but as I said the high dose of klonopin didn't make me feel better.    What an idiot I am!!!!! Thanks for any suggestions here. 

kgirl I replied on the other thread, and I see Smiff replied also. I think you didn't get more replies because everyone is at work ??!!

Working with your doctor is the best bet IMO.

As I said, I am not familiar with klonopin or the equivalencies. I do think you and your doc can figure this out and it seems this is happening. You will probably be a little uncomfortable for awhile as anytime we mix meds, this happens.

Best,

Okatz

Kgirl, I have your back. You will be back on track before you know it. just a bump in the road or more like a huge pothole

[4c...]

Kgirl, I have your back. You will be back on track before you know it. just a bump in the road or more like a huge pothole

Lainey, do you know from the top of your head what the equivalent is for 1 mgr of Klonopin to Valium?

How have you been?

K, I hope you're okay.... :smitten:

yes 1mg Kpin is = to 20mg V

.25mgs kpin = 5mg Valium

I am making my 2nd cut today .5mgs. I really haven't felt any different from my 1st cut.

I left a message to you asking about how B12 effects you. My Dr has been giving me B12 for 4 months now. I am in the "normal" range but at the lower end and with all my problems they felt that the B12 would give me a boost.

I literally can feel nothing after having the shot.

The nurse asked me last month when I went in for it, she said,"do you feel like you need it when it gets to the end of the month?" and I said, "no I feel nothing from these shots, except how I have been feeling which is crappy"

So as of today I will be at 14 mgs whoo hoo. This is going to be a long journey

[4c...]

yes 1mg Kpin is = to 20mg V

.25mgs kpin = 5mg Valium

I am making my 2nd cut today .5mgs. I really haven't felt any different from my 1st cut.

I left a message to you asking about how B12 effects you. My Dr has been giving me B12 for 4 months now. I am in the "normal" range but at the lower end and with all my problems they felt that the B12 would give me a boost.

I literally can feel nothing after having the shot.

The nurse asked me last month when I went in for it, she said,"do you feel like you need it when it gets to the end of the month?" and I said, "no I feel nothing from these shots, except how I have been feeling which is crappy"

So as of today I will be at 14 mgs whoo hoo. This is going to be a long journey

I'm so glad you're not feeling different from the first cut. Well, yeah, of course not okay you're not feeling BETTER but at least not slammed extra by it.

The B12 made me very anxious. Shaky.

14! On our way! :smitten:

Thanks for the equivalents. I could not find it with my cog fog!

I took one B12 a couple of weeks ago.  Revved me up and gave me a weird stomach ache all nite.  First and last.  Yet I'm sure i"m low in B12.    :-(

Spamming sort of ( sorry).

Hey everyone

Ativan to Valium: How do I switch over without Withdrawal? All together from 1mg Ativan to 10mg Valium.

I was trying to do half/half of 0.25mg Ativan & 2.5mg Valium (twice a day) but the withdrawal is getting so bad it's almost like cold turkey the last two days/nights! :'(

my first plan is:

week 1 (ativan 0.5mg diazepam 5mg) twice a day.

week 2 (ativan 0.5mg diazepam 5mg morning) then 5mg valium night.

week 3 (diazepam 5mg) twice a day then hold for 2 weeks.

Second plan:

0.25mg Ativan & 5mg Valium (twice a day) for two weeks then switch to all Valium 3rd week

I have enough ativan for both my first plan and second.

Question: Is there a better way!

I'm running out of ativan from last script and I only get 14 10mg Valium every 14 days. that's what I have to work with.

Any suggestions/experiences?

Thank you!

You may want to google Dr. Peart to see how to do a relatively fast cross over from to Valium - he does it quicker than Ashton but your body still needs to adjust to the taper. You may be going too quickly so can you give your doctor the Ashton manual and say this is how I need to cross over if the fast cross over isn't working for you.  Ashton actually prints out a cross over as does Dr. Peart.  You need to let your body dictate which one is best for you.

You may want to google Dr. Peart to see how to do a relatively fast cross over from to Valium - he does it quicker than Ashton but your body still needs to adjust to the taper. You may be going too quickly so can you give your doctor the Ashton manual and say this is how I need to cross over if the fast cross over isn't working for you.  Ashton actually prints out a cross over as does Dr. Peart.  You need to let your body dictate which one is best for you.

I will, thanks K.

[4c...]

I will, thanks K.

Hey again F,

I did Peart cross over due to crazy inter dose withdrawal symptoms. ( see my signature).

So did Frotob.

I took 3-4 weeks of not so pretty adjusting. But yes, look it up if that's what you want to do. ( actually, with your lousy 2 week script, there is not much choice, I believe?)

You will get through it! :smitten:

I'm curious if anyone could give me some advice about switching to Valium from Xanax.

I've managed to whittle my Xanax usage down from 3 mg to 1.7.

I take Xanax 4 times per day..  8:30AM, 1:30PM.  6 PM and bedtime.

My problem is that I am a slave to this dosage schedule...and I get some interdose anxiety or agitation.

In the morning I wake up at 6 and lay there, I can feel myself start to tweak for my 8:30 dosage.

Eventually I get up and sand down my days allotment of pills, doing my best to distract myself from taking it until about 8:30.

The pattern I get from Xanax is: I wait for an hour or so for it to kick in, then it can hit me like a  mack Truck.  Then I feel sedation sometimes excessive, for an hour or two.  Sometimes I feel fairly normal for an hour or two...sometimes I feel the Xanax actually stimulates me and causes some anxiety.  Then I can feel it start to fade and the disconnected foggy anxious feeling builds, reaching it's peak about 5 hours after my last dose.  Then the cycle repeats itself for the next dosage.

I end up with a yo yo day of feeling good, feeling bad..I just do not feel stable on Xanax.

I believe I am taking Xanax for the sole reason of mitigating withdrawal symptoms.

Would Valium help me?  Could I take it say two or three times a day and avoid all the yo yo crap

I'm feeling?  Would 10mg 3 times a day, or perhaps 30mg at night come close to covering me?

I'd appreciate any input as I've got to get to the point where I can be functional longer periods and go back to work...

[4c...]

I'm curious if anyone could give me some advice about switching to Valium from Xanax.

I've managed to whittle my Xanax usage down from 3 mg to 1.7.

I take Xanax 4 times per day..  8:30AM, 1:30PM.  6 PM and bedtime.

My problem is that I am a slave to this dosage schedule...and I get some interdose anxiety or agitation.

In the morning I wake up at 6 and lay there, I can feel myself start to tweak for my 8:30 dosage.

Eventually I get up and sand down my days allotment of pills, doing my best to distract myself from taking it until about 8:30.

The pattern I get from Xanax is: I wait for an hour or so for it to kick in, then it can hit me like a  mack Truck.  Then I feel sedation sometimes excessive, for an hour or two.  Sometimes I feel fairly normal for an hour or two...sometimes I feel the Xanax actually stimulates me and causes some anxiety.  Then I can feel it start to fade and the disconnected foggy anxious feeling builds, reaching it's peak about 5 hours after my last dose.  Then the cycle repeats itself for the next dosage.

I end up with a yo yo day of feeling good, feeling bad..I just do not feel stable on Xanax.

I believe I am taking Xanax for the sole reason of mitigating withdrawal symptoms.

Would Valium help me?  Could I take it say two or three times a day and avoid all the yo yo crap

I'm feeling?  Would 10mg 3 times a day, or perhaps 30mg at night come close to covering me?

I'd appreciate any input as I've got to get to the point where I can be functional longer periods and go back to work...

Hey, here you are! ;)

If you're on Valium, you probably won't be a slave to your schedule any longer, once it has built up in your body.

It's long acting!

It will take care of inter dose withdrawals, that's the whole point of switching over.

Plus, it's easier to cut from, since the pills are larger and there are many ways to titrate as well or switching to liquid.

For me, it was the best decision I ever made.

If you're hit by interdose, then nope, you won't get stable ...

I think yes, your dose would be 30- 35 mgr Valium equivalent. I'm not exact on that, so please check.

When you cross over, you will start by replacing half of one Xanax dose with Valium equivalent.

Then hold for a while on that, then change that whole dose to Valium.

And repeat that with the rest of your doses.

IMO you don't want to change the dose times before a good couple of weeks, till your all crossed over.

Then, because you have accumulated enough Valium, it will be way more forgiving and you can start changing dose times. Maybe first going to three a day.

( I still dose 3 a day) .

And some people switch to even 2 times or 1.

That all depends on how you're doing on it.

But I no longer crave a next dose for relief.

That's for sure..

Good luck! :smitten:

Moo

• Popular Now