Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Cross-Over to Valium Support Thread

[47...]

[47...]

Yes mom, everything so unsure, thoughts all over the place. The different spacey feeling from the valium..not stable yet,  and that's what I hope for. Don't know if I will get "stabilized". Geeez . The weather here is nice out, and so many things I could be doing for Easter, and have not. Too hard on myself. Just my feelings that I'm letting my family down. Hate these meds. Thanks again for being in this with me, could not fare on my own.  :smitten: :smitten:  rose

Your body is adjusting. Lots of stuff going on: Ativan leaving, Valium coming in.

It will take some time to adjust but IMO there is no reason you will not stabilize.

This is all normal Rose, how awful it may be.

The doubting Is part of it too. There is no magic moment where you wake up one morning and you're stabilized. But you're getting there, every day a bit closer.  :smitten:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [la...]

• [ro...]

• [ly...]

• [et...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you do stabilize, but there are some of us that weren't stable when we c/o so we probably aren't going to get stable now either. Its a crap shoot

I just know that's its as if I was flying a plane, I can't just pull over and say I done...I have to get the plane back on the ground. Just have to keep pushing forward.

Rose I just want you to know that there are a handful of us that are feeling NOT stable yet we keep talking with each other and encouraging each other to go on.

I just hope you don't have to join our group...its on the Faith Based forum "handholders"

keep c/o and each day is as if we have a brand new chance to make something change

Love to all of you

[47...]

I think it's too early for that,IMO.

Rose is on day 8 or so during cross over. There is simply not enoug Valium in her body yet.

I felt like this for a couple of weeks to and I really believe it will be better.

The Ativan Wd during cross over can be downright evil. But I honestly believ that you will get there in a bit.

Lainey, how have you been? :smitten:

lainyek, glad you stopped by. It is like flying a plane. Good way to look at it. I will check out the group, Handholders. I like that. Do you dose 5mgs 3x day.? Or 10 mgs. My dose is equal to 10 mgs. The support here is incredible. :smitten:

Yes, Lainey,

You are right that not everyone gets complete relief when crossing over to valium because the valium doesn't always attach to the same receptors as our previous benzo.

This happened to my mom.

[47...]

Yes, Lainey,

You are right that not everyone gets complete relief when crossing over to valium because the valium doesn't always attach to the same receptors as our previous benzo.

This happened to my mom.

Hi Meo, how are you doing?

And how is your mom?

Yes, Lainey,

This happened to my mom.

And how is your mom?

Not good.

She has convinced herself that she can't go anywhere or do anything.

Depression hit after updosing and has been there nearly every night with internal restlessness shoots up panics.

Her appetite and weight has gone down and this is what I have been trying to avoid.

I guess I will just have to wait it out and see, but updosing just presents new sx that I have to wait out and I don't want to do that again.

[47...]

Yes, Lainey,

This happened to my mom.

And how is your mom?

Not good.

Depression hit after updosing and has been there nearly every night with internal restlessness shoots up panics.

Her appetite and weight has gone down and this is what I have been trying to avoid.

I guess I will just have to wait it out and see, but updosing just presents new sx that I have to wait out and I don't want to do that again.

I'm so sorry to read that....

I have not followed the working thread so much but I read there occasionally...

And saw about the updose.

The restlessness is just the worse.!

I'm sorry. Hoping there will be relief soon. Take care.... :smitten:

Yes, Lainey,

This happened to my mom.

And how is your mom?

Not good.

I'm so sorry to read that....

I have not followed the working thread so much but I read there occasionally...

And saw about the updose.

The restlessness is just the worse.!

I'm sorry. Hoping there will be relief soon. Take care.... :smitten:

Thanks Mom.

I am hoping this is just underlying valium wd's and lets up soon.

She can't afford to lose anymore weight.

thanks all, Rose, as of right now I dose 3xs a day 5mgs each time =15mgs

talked with Dr today and am going to (next week) try splitting it to 2 doses a day. My afternoon dose leaves me to wiped out and I can not handle that. don't want to be anxious but also don't want to be zombie land

so again, crap shoot, Ashton thinks 2xs a day is good, Peart thinks 3xs a day is good. It depends on how your brain will receive the med.

so you like the plane analogy? but how true, right? If I am driving a car and get tired I can just pull over and stop get out and be done with it. Not so with a plane  :o

Mom, I saw Dr and got 2mg and 5mg pills prescribed so I am ready for my taper in approx. 10 more days :-\

[8c...]

Gr8 Lainey! 2 & 5 mg pills rx! I got them too. But my pdoc didn't give any refills  ???

So I will call next week for a refill on my 5s. Fingers crossed there's no "issues"  :tickedoff:

[47...]

Gr8 Lainey! 2 & 5 mg pills rx! I got them too. But my pdoc didn't give any refills  ???

So I will call next week for a refill on my 5s. Fingers crossed there's no "issues"  :tickedoff:

I don't get refills either.

Great Lainey, you got both! Makes it easier.

Mine are Mylan brand and they crumble under my fingers if I make more than a half cut.

I used to take the crumbled ones to my doctor to show her I'm not abusing them. S she can see.

She doesn't want me to, but I do it any way. I do keep the rest, incase I need to slow down later and she doesn't rant me to.... >:D

I hate that the V crumbles.  I am using  a pill splitter and if I don't get it lined up exactly right, crumbling.  I hate wasting any of the V, as my new pdoc was stingy and gave me enough for one month and no refills, so I have to go back.  He gave me 5mgs and 2mgs.  I wish they came in 1mgs also. 

Meo:  I hope your Mom doesn't lose any more weight.  I have lost 15 lbs and trying to maintain and not lose any more.  When I was 2 lbs down I was trying to maintain and just kept dropping.  In Aug I dropped 5 lbs, same in Sept lost 5lbs.  Have lost 3 more since.  I am eating 3 squares a day, am not ever hungry, food doesn't taste good, but eat because I have to.  I am so thin my veins on my arms are bulging.  Very scarey, look like I am 90.  Actually feel like I am 90.

It is difficult tapering V from an unstable place.  Scarey actually, to think I may be keeping these s/xs all the way down.  And I am tapering at a snails pace.  Everybody says, a snails place is the best way.

Hey Lainey:: love your plane analogy, love you sweetie!

BTW, I don't think a BB needs to be in a bad place to join us on Hand Holders, it is helpful to all!

xo OC  :smitten: :smitten:

[47...]

I hate that the V crumbles.  I am using  a pill splitter and if I don't get it lined up exactly right, crumbling.  I hate wasting any of the V, as my new pdoc was stingy and gave me enough for one month and no refills, so I have to go back.  He gave me 5mgs and 2mgs.  I wish they came in 1mgs also. 

Meo:  I hope your Mom doesn't lose any more weight.  I have lost 15 lbs and trying to maintain and not lose any more.  When I was 2 lbs down I was trying to maintain and just kept dropping.  In Aug I dropped 5 lbs, same in Sept lost 5lbs.  Have lost 3 more since.  I am eating 3 squares a day, am not ever hungry, food doesn't taste good, but eat because I have to.  I am so thin my veins on my arms are bulging.  Very scarey, look like I am 90.  Actually feel like I am 90.

It is difficult tapering V from an unstable place.  Scarey actually, to think I may be keeping these s/xs all the way down.  And I am tapering at a snails pace.  Everybody says, a snails place is the best way.

Hey Lainey:: love your plane analogy, love you sweetie!

BTW, I don't think a BB needs to be in a bad place to join us on Hand Holders, it is helpful to all!

xo OC  :smitten: :smitten:

OC, I have been cutting mine with a pill splitter. And then one day I could not find it ( it was right in from of me, never mind) and cut my 5 mgr by hand. They break evenly and no crumbles on that one.

Did you try it?

MOM, IMHO Mylan is crapola. Read reviews on that manufacturer, not good. When I picked up my 1st script of V it was Mylan, I headed right back to pharmacy and had then order Teva brand, way, way, way better and hardly any crumbling

problem is that some people (me being one of them ) are very sensitive to changes in the meds and they all have different components of fillers in them that may effect you.  That's why I stay with Teva brand. Activis is good also

I just read many times that Mylan is the cheapest made and that's why its given out so freely, cheaper for pharmacy.

hope that helps. when I split my 5mg it breaks really even. And I have a pill cutter and razor, but don't need them, YET

Hi friends, A little shakey this morning.  Have to pick up dog fr vet. Only taking .5 ativan at 7pm. Valium during the day. Here I go again, but I have fearfulness again this morning. Is it the benzo? With the Easter weekend, I have done nothing. No dinner no brunch, no baskets for grandson, feel terrible. Worried again that the valium isn't working for me. So many of you do so much with kids and homes, working in bed on line..school..i feel as if I'm just existing on this medicine, planning, waiting, feeling bad...Time I know, but it feels as if I'm wasting time and life is going by. Sorry for saying this on a Holy day...Gosh I want to get thru this.

[8c...]
I initially requested Teva, because that was the brand of klonopin I was on. Well, the pharmacy had trouble getting it, so they gave me Actavis, which Ive since researched is a good brand, and I haven't had trouble with crumbling.

[8c...]

Hi friends, A little shakey this morning.  Have to pick up dog fr vet. Only taking .5 ativan at 7pm. Valium during the day. Here I go again, but I have fearfulness again this morning. Is it the benzo? With the Easter weekend, I have done nothing. No dinner no brunch, no baskets for grandson, feel terrible. Worried again that the valium isn't working for me. So many of you do so much with kids and homes, working in bed on line..school..i feel as if I'm just existing on this medicine, planning, waiting, feeling bad...Time I know, but it feels as if I'm wasting time and life is going by. Sorry for saying this on a Holy day...Gosh I want to get thru this.

Hang in there, Rose! I bet you'll feel loads better once ur crossed over completely to valium and stabilized.

rose hang in there ....Its hard OI know. I have spent a lot of the day already crying. I have severe gut issues which just makes everything else feel so much worse.

I am in bed on my laptop, unable to do anything else . I did walk 3 miles earlier outside which made me feel sicker.

have to drive my daughter and family to airport later and I actually have to rest to be able to do that.

I pray that once you are c/o completely you will get relief. I am not one of those fortunate ones

Lets just try to keep what today is observed for. Christ on the Cross at Calvary

Rosegal I had the same issue when I did my cross over from Klonopin to Valium. Still having it in fact.  The klonopin was not working and the cross over wasn't either.  With help from the wonderful people here I did Dr. Peart's cross over - he says why suffer and drag out your cross over- just do it - and gives you a faster schedule than Ashton.  I can't say it was fun and I still have s/x but at least my body is now just adjusting to the one drug.  I think it is because these drugs all hit different receptors and our body needs time to adjust.  You also need to let the valium build up in your system - I still have a couple of more weeks to go since Peart says don't start any taper until 30 days after cross over.  I know you are not in a good place right now but what you are doing is very hard and takes great courage and patience.  Easter Sunday is about prayer and love - so think of it that way and not as all  the things you can't' do - but what you can - which is love your family and pray. 

Rosegal I had the same issue when I did my cross over from Klonopin to Valium. Still having it in fact.  The klonopin was not working and the cross over wasn't either.  With help from the wonderful people here I did Dr. Peart's cross over - he says why suffer and drag out your cross over- just do it - and gives you a faster schedule than Ashton.  I can't say it was fun and I still have s/x but at least my body is now just adjusting to the one drug.  I think it is because these drugs all hit different receptors and our body needs time to adjust.  You also need to let the valium build up in your system - I still have a couple of more weeks to go since Peart says don't start any taper until 30 days after cross over.  I know you are not in a good place right now but what you are doing is very hard and takes great courage and patience.  Easter Sunday is about prayer and love - so think of it that way and not as all  the things you can't' do - but what you can - which is love your family and pray.

what she said :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

I too did Peart c/o and I have to say I am in the exact same "boat" as kgirl....we are kindred spirits of being Klonicided

I hear you Kgirl and lainyek. Im not so sure of the valium yet. Don't know what is wrong now. Took it at 11am and feel so dizzy, woozy, tired. Not as well as yesterday. Feel sick actually. Will have to lay down. I hate this. Got to get off these. What am I doing?