Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Cross-Over to Valium Support Thread

[6b...]

I truly do not believe my diet it is the drug - I eat well - what I can and can't eat lots of food on these diets due to food allergies which I have had for years.  I find the supplements make me worse not better so for now it is the ginger tea with some lemon.  Boy aren't we all having fun.  Wish we did live closer it would be nice to have a complain day with people who understand what we are going through each and every day.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [la...]

• [ro...]

• [ly...]

• [et...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[6b...]

I truly do not believe my diet it is the drug - I eat well - what I can and can't eat lots of food on these diets due to food allergies which I have had for years.  I find the supplements make me worse not better so for now it is the ginger tea with some lemon.  Boy aren't we all having fun.  Wish we did live closer it would be nice to have a complain day with people who understand what we are going through each and every day.

We would need a large place where we all could have a hammock. And a driver to bring us to each others homes.

We should play mega millions and win a good lottery this time and if we build the place they will come- like in the movie!!!  We would provide drivers of course and private jets. 

Sure are a lot of stomach problems here.  I would do anything to stop this acid reflux from coming up! Benzos sure mess with the gut flora for sure.

Blessings to all of you.  Maybe I need to try ginger tea.

xo OC  :smitten: :smitten:

[6b...]

Sure are a lot of stomach problems here.  I would do anything to stop this acid reflux from coming up! Benzos sure mess with the gut flora for sure.

Yes, never had problems with food. Now I can only tolerate gluten fee stuff, not much dairy and cutting out sugar.eating lots of fruits.

There is so much research being done right now on mental health and glut flora. The benzo's mess with he flora and I'm sure it's related to many xs, in some way. I wish I could explain it better right now, but my head is full,of clouds.

Glad to share what I found tomorrow or another time.

Hope you will have a good night OC.  :smitten:

I'm going to try and get some sleep. My husband snores so loud. It's annoying the ....out of me.

Moo

There are a ton of natural benzodiazepine receptors in the gut.

Look at the gut/brain connection for more info on psychological issues and how genetically engineered foods and special hybrids, such as wheat, barley and rye cause issues in the gut.

[6c...]

Ginger tea helping? I let mine steep 10-15 minutes b4 drinking.

It's me again..Does the c/o from ativan to Vailum cause more depression? I know i am more tired. I have to drive to dr. appt. , do some paperwork, etc...I feel paralyzed a bit. What do you think is happening? The thinking and emotional part of my brain is compromised. Self talk only helps some. I fight my brain saying I am doing this w/d! It has been said millions of times, this is awful to experience everyday. Just being honest, I have a diificult time believing at moments to feel free again. Im sorry, just need help ...rose

[6b...]

It's me again..Does the c/o from ativan to Vailum cause more depression? I know i am more tired. I have to drive to dr. appt. , do some paperwork, etc...I feel paralyzed a bit. What do you think is happening? The thinking and emotional part of my brain is compromised. Self talk only helps some. I fight my brain saying I am doing this w/d! It has been said millions of times, this is awful to experience everyday. Just being honest, I have a diificult time believing at moments to feel free again. Im sorry, just need help ...rose

Oh Rose, I'm sorry....but yes, this happens. What you are experiencing is sedation from the Valium.

I felt the exact same way as you do now. the bad news is that it feels hopeless and lonely and it really really can make you doubt everything ..amd I doing this right, what's wrong with me ?etc

The GOOD news is that it will dissapear, for most people around two weeks is when the sedation will wear off.

It is difficult to believe that you will feel good and free again. But you WILL.

And it doesn't matter how many times you say it. :smitten:

We've been there.

I'm sorry you're in a bad spot right now. But it will get better.

Today is better - hopefully ginger tea is helping.  Re depression it is the drug- it means it is working and will go away just give it a week or two- I had it too. 

[6b...]

Today is better - hopefully ginger tea is helping.  Re depression it is the drug- it means it is working and will go away just give it a week or two- I had it too.

Hi K, glad today there is some relief.  :smitten:

Thanks Mom of One - every little thing helps - I just hope it continues.  As Ashton said we just have to get through this but it is not easy for any of us I think.  All different symptoms but very hard to do this.  Praying we all do well.

[6b...]

Grateful for the replies.... :smitten:  rose

Even though it doesn't feel like it, you're doing great Rose. Hang in there.

The sedation will wear off and you will feel better. Every hour seems like days when you feel like that. I know...Be kind to yourself.  :therethere:

Thanks Moo, you said it exactly how it feels. I have to stop the guilty feelings about visiting my mom, going to the market, dying easter eggs, maybe not this year, but next year. :)  :smitten: rose

[6b...]

Thanks Moo, you said it exactly how it feels. I have to stop the guilty feelings about visiting my mom, going to the market, dying easter eggs, maybe not this year, but next year. :)  :smitten: rose

Dying Easter eggs? I don't even want to think of it!

Yep, whatever chores there are to do...they will still be waiting for you tomorrow. No rush to get it done. They aren't going anywhere... ;)

Yes, I can break tradition for one year on the egg dying., Have a question....Took my  valium at 11am, It is 2:15 pm here in Missouri. I don't feel real bad, but I am a little shakey, fidgetty..is this from my body missing the ativan? It has been reduced 50% now in this c/o. Mostly uncomfortable, and annoying. Pretty much the way I have felt since the tolerance w/ds and taper. Next dose at 3pm. Rose

[6b...]

Yes, I think it could very well be the Ativan.

Since your Valium level is not that high yet, it might not cover all your Ativan Wd symptoms.

It's kind of weird. Tired and sedated and on the other hand restless from the Ativan Wd.

A couple more days and you will have accumulated more Valium and crossing over the other dose.

The Valium should cover you more by then too.

well I am day 16 of my c/o and especially after my 2:00 dose I feel wiped out, weepy and depressed.

so is this going to lift. I am seriously thinking of going to 2 doses (Ashtons recommendation) because I never feel as if I "need" the 2:00 dose (unlike when I was on kpin, I waited for the 2:00 dose to come)

so I am thinking of breaking up the dose 15mgs into maybe 10mgs at bed and 5mg in morning?  12 hours apart?

any one have suggestions or did this?

[6b...]

well I am day 16 of my c/o and especially after my 2:00 dose I feel wiped out, weepy and depressed.

so is this going to lift. I am seriously thinking of going to 2 doses (Ashtons recommendation) because I never feel as if I "need" the 2:00 dose (unlike when I was on kpin, I waited for the 2:00 dose to come)

so I am thinking of breaking up the dose 15mgs into maybe 10mgs at bed and 5mg in morning?  12 hours apart?

any one have suggestions or did this?

Hey Lainey.

Yes, the Wiped out, lethargic and sad feeling ended for me after crossing over.

I don't know what to advice on the dose splitting. I'm still dosing three times a day.

I'm note sure if you want to add more change at the moment. I hope someone can chime in here....

It's much longer acting, so you might not need the urge for a next dose.

:smitten:

Since there are no absolutes in the benzo world, I think we have to experiment a little to see how best to make ourselves comfortable.  Lainey you could try 2 doses and see how you feel.  You will eventually need to go to  2 doses anyway.  I split my V dose in 2, 10pm and 2pm so I get 7 hours of sleep.  I wish I could dose night and morning, might help me get through the day better.  I too get pretty wiped out at 2pm and lay down for a nap.  Sometimes sleep for 10 mins, and then I just lay down for the rest of the hour and watch TV.

Has anyone been on ativan for 10+ years, like myself, and proceeded with a crossover to Valium? Im at half and half now. I just worry that my brain was so use to the ativan, this c/o is difficult too. So I still have awful w/ds. Im reassued by buddies that this will pass. Can anyone give feedback. This tolerance and w/d process has my thinking and confidence shot. I had a strong spirit, now , so unsure. I keep pressing forward, so hard.

[6b...]

Has anyone been on ativan for 10+ years, like myself, and proceeded with a crossover to Valium? Im at half and half now. I just worry that my brain was so use to the ativan, this c/o is difficult too. So I still have awful w/ds. Im reassued by buddies that this will pass. Can anyone give feedback. This tolerance and w/d process has my thinking and confidence shot. I had a strong spirit, now , so unsure. I keep pressing forward, so hard.

Yes, it's quite the journey, Rose. I'm certainly not myself and had a very hard time with not being me.

This stuff is designed for making us not feel things. Like you're not connected to yourself and others.

But our thoughts keep going. It's like you can't trust yourself. When it will hit, how will we feel later.

Everything is so unsure right now.

Once you are crossed over and the Valium will be build up enoug, things will smooth out and you will get some of you back once you stabilize.

How, when and what depends on each person. But once you get more stable, it will al make more sense.

It's hard to trust on that right now.

Ys, you will still have to taper...it's not a picnic.but in some ways more predictable.

You still have a very strong spirit. Because you're doing this! You're still in there. It's medicine induced, not YOU.

I've not been on Ativan that long, but some members have been on benzo's  for over 30 years!

Hang in there, okay? Keep posting, you will be fine. Maybe sooner than you know :smitten:

Yes mom, everything so unsure, thoughts all over the place. The different spacey feeling from the valium..not stable yet,  and that's what I hope for. Don't know if I will get "stabilized". Geeez . The weather here is nice out, and so many things I could be doing for Easter, and have not. Too hard on myself. Just my feelings that I'm letting my family down. Hate these meds. Thanks again for being in this with me, could not fare on my own.  :smitten: :smitten:  rose