Cross-Over to Valium Support Thread

[16...]

mottalove , I can tell you ... YES ! you will sleep ! Like a dead man ... Waking up is the trouble !!! That's my problem ... can't wake up ... like coming out of surgery ! That's why I suggested taking it earier before bed time ... but , maybe try on night before day off ... and see ! Shalom Iam

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [la...]

• [ro...]

• [ly...]

• [et...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Also , I had gut trouble during c/t ... but I've had ulcerative colitis for years , but was under control ! During c/t had diareah , gas , blotting , etc. ...  Shalom Iam

ONE MORE THING ... NO DETOX ... they want $$$ , that's c/t and just asking for H*** on earth !!! REMEMBER , c/t off Temazepam can KILL you !!! NEVER do that !!! My prescribing Dr said that !!! BE CAREFUL !!!                                                                    Shalom Iam

[16...]

Ok, would you then recommend that I completely cross over to the valium at 2mg (was at 3.5/4 mg Temazapam) and take that an hour before sleep and go from there?  Any other thoughts?  Can we also have Smiff chime in as he seems to have dealt with this beast too?

I am with you Mom...just concern about leaving the benzo I have been on - that no longer helps me sleep and kills my guts - will the 2 mg of Valium be enough to counter the loss of the Temazapam and hopefully help me sleep?

I understand you're concerned about leaving your old benzo for a new one.

But if this doesn't work, you probably want to take the plunge, or you will never get anywhere.

If Y doesn't work, try Z ( with the famous words of Etown).

It's up to you Mottaloves. As I said, you can do a direct cross over, which will be tougher than gradually replacing I think, because of the Valium which needs time to build up.

But you're doing a slight updose of 0.5 mgr Valium, which might be enough to cover you on this lower dose.

Let me know what you choose. Cross over plan, Pert style ( as you asked) or direct switch?

Mom,

Doctor, Smiff, nurses all seem to recommend that I do a direct switch.

Is there a way you can give me a plan for the Pert and the Crossover?

Direct switch would just be to go directly to the 2 mg starting tonight right?

I would love to see your options?

[16...]

Mom,

Doctor, Smiff, nurses all seem to recommend that I do a direct switch.

Is there a way you can give me a plan for the Pert and the Crossover?

Direct switch would just be to go directly to the 2 mg starting tonight right?

I would love to see your options?

Yeah, direct switch is all at once. Throw out the temazepam. And replace with all Valium.

Since you're only dosing once a day, there is actually not much of a big cross over plan.

You would cut your temazepam dose in half and replace other half with Valium equivalent.

Then hold that for a while. Then drop the temazepam and full Valium.

Lots of people dose multiple times a day on short acting benzo's to avoid interdose withdrawals and then an actual plan would be to gradually replace half of a dose,then all Valium. Then do that for the next dousing time. And so on. So that could take some weeks.

But you have just one dose...

So it would be 1.875 temazepam and 1 mgr Valium for maybe ten days? Then drop the temazepam.

Which gives you some time to let the Valium accumulate. But I'm not sure if the 1 mgr would be enough to cover the 1.875 temaEpam. Plus, it would be kind of hard to cut your temazepam in half too.

Maybe you WOULD be better off just going direct so you at least get the full 2 mgr. So it hopefully is enough to cover your worst xs for the time being till you're used to the Valium. It ca be quite sedating at first.

It might be a bit tough at first, but know things will smooth out once the V is accumulating. It does pass eventually....

Not sure if this helps. What are you thinking? What option are you leaning towards?

[16...]

Ha, I was just thinking about Etown, wondering if he could take a look at this, Mottaloves...

He knows what he is saying.....

Just sayin'

Moo

Mom of One,

I am leaning towards direct taper...seems to be the right choice.  Just wondering if I should go up to 2.5 or just follow the recommendation to start at 2.

[16...]

I would start at 2 mgr since it's already an updose, if it were me.

You can always talk to your doctor about needing additional Valium when things turn out to be not tolerable....

Just remember you probably won't feel great for a while. When you don't feel better after a week, that is really very " normal" .

Moo

[16...]

Well here's hoping I feel better soon :)

Direct taper. 2 mgs it is.

[move]GOOD LUCK MOTTALOVES[/move]

You're going for it tonight, yes?

Yep , just do it! You will be okay. Keep us posted tomorrow on how you're feeling? There is a way...

Keeping our fingers crossed ( no pun intended)

:smitten:

Moo

Oh mom, u r simply awesome. I'm going to start tmrrw night because I will have support at my house.  For me, tight now, that's very important.  I will definitely start tmrrw :)

Hi Mom of One,

I am definitely starting tonight :)

Question, how's the IBS doing?  The gastro issues are the hardest for me.  Have you noticed decreased symptoms as you get off the benzo's?  Has anyone noticed a decrease in bloating, nausea etc.  with getting off of these things?  They say I had "IBS" before I took the benzo's but for some reason I believe getting off the Temazapam etc...will surely help in that area exponentially.

Hi,

Have you struggled with nausea and difficulty eating food (maybe some loss of weight) during this process? If so, what have you used or done to combat it?

[16...]

Good for you M,

Maybe you will sleep real well on the Valium.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you and thinking of you.

I'm sure you're nervous. I would be too ( and have been).

Post something when you wake up?

:smitten: :smitten:

Good morning,

Last night was incredibly difficult.

Took V at 10:30 pm and it did not induce sleep.

Had to take unisom and a couple hydroxzine at 12:30

Woke up 5 times throughout the night.  4 total hours sleep.

Night sweats, nausea, headache, shortness of breath.

Feel awful this morning  :(

[16...]

Sorry, Mottaloves... :(

Did you get a sedated feeling from it at all?

I did but it didn't help much with sleep for me either... So tired and still not getting sleep really sucks.

When I first took Valium, my sleep was interrupted as well. And I woke up at 4 with adrenaline rushing.

It's your old benzo Wd and not enough Valium in there yet.

It may be like this for a while, I'm afraid. But things will smooth out once you have enough Valium in your system

Hope you find relief soon....

:smitten:

Motta - the only way out is down. You have taken the first step and that is fantastic. I'm sure the anxiety of just taking that step made it way worse. Get used to "being comfortable being uncomfortable" for a little while. You may have to do what you have to do to get some rest for the rest of the campaign but GOODBYE TEMAZAPAM.  Motta 1 Benzos 0.

etown

Hi mom,

No didn't get the sedated sleepy feeling. Ended up with all the wd symptoms and stomach distress. So tired. Fatigue kills my guts and concerned about being able to work and function. Tough to eat too :(