Cross-Over to Valium Support Thread

[b6...]

[b6...]

Mom, do you feel different on Valium as opposed to Ativan?

Yes. I no longer feel crazy and I also don't have the depersonalization symptoms.

The adrenaline rushes were crazy for me on Ativan ( also short acting).

I just did not know what to do with myself some days. Just pure desperation.

On Valium I feel more down, but I take it over the crazy train any day. I'm way more mellow, and slower.

I'm more mellow and I sleep a lot better too. In general.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [la...]

• [ro...]

• [ly...]

• [et...]

Top Posters In This Topic

On Valium I feel more down, but I take it over the crazy train any day. I'm way more mellow, and slower.

Yeah on Xanax I feel sedated yet functional for a couple hours, then the crazy train starts.  I'm up and down and all around..

[b6...]

Yeah on Xanax I feel sedated yet functional for a couple hours, then the crazy train starts.  I'm up and down and all around..

That's where the Valium will help most, I think. Smooths you out. You feel more even, but also more numb in general. Is my experience.

Yeah, my doc is trying to figure out what's wrong with me and why I just don't pop back into work..

It's because I'm on this freaking Xanax yo yo....I only get a couple hours of functionality from each dose...

[b6...]

Yeah, my doc is trying to figure out what's wrong with me and why I just don't pop back into work..

It's because I'm on this freaking Xanax yo yo....I only get a couple hours of functionality from each dose...

Well, it is good to have anything rules out, but I'm afraid it comes down to good old benzo withdrawal symptoms, where you hit tolerance and the med just does not help you anymore. Reached the ceiling.

You have no idea how many testst and scans I had. All back negative.

Then I landed here and the light went on.

Give him a copy of the Ashton manual or " what's happening in your brain" by Parker. ( it's in my signature).

That sometimes helps them accept.

Curious if anyone other than Mom of One has input into how Valium compares to your fast acting Benzo.    I'm on Xanax......

If you could PM me and let me know you replied, that also might help me out.

Curious if anyone other than Mom of One has input into how Valium compares to your fast acting Benzo.    I'm on Xanax......

If you could PM me and let me know you replied, that also might help me out.

Hi Jerry, I also crossed over from ativan to V.  I did it in a modified Ashton version.  Took me about 46 days as I had such bad inter dose withdrawal that I was dosing 7 times a day.  Do not regret the cross over one bit! Valium has been so much kinder to me. Now looking forward to tapering very slowly starting next week.

Lynnie

I was on temazepam, another short acting benzo and am doing better on Valium except for the depression!

xo OC  :smitten: :smitten:

Buddies...I cry everyday. Crying now...Am I

Rose,

I am so sorry!!!  :smitten:

Have you tried to possibly space out your doses or go down to twice a day?

Lynnie

rose just a thought . . . after c/o Ashton has ppl take valium twice a day at 10 and 9 mg . . . then once a day 8 mg and below. At night. She must have had a good reason -- I'm betting it is to promote sleep and maybe get some of the worst immediate s/x over with. Maybe work toward taking it all at night? Start consolidating doses?

MOO, others, your thoughts on this?

Okatz

[b6...]

rose just a thought . . . after c/o Ashton has ppl take valium twice a day at 10 and 9 mg . . . then once a day 8 mg and below. At night. She must have had a good reason -- I'm betting it is to promote sleep and maybe get some of the worst immediate s/x over with. Maybe work toward taking it all at night? Start consolidating doses?

Okatz

I just replied to this one the Valium thread...

What it said was basically this: if things done smooth out at all on what you're doing right now, it could be worth the try. By now it's been well over a month for rose and she should have enough V built up to not cause problems on that front.

If things don't work after trying, time to change something, IMO.

Maybe go to two a day?

[6d...]

Okatz

Okatz Im thinking once a day at night only. The daytime dose is sedating her so much still. And valium is so long acting, shouldn't it cover 24 hrs? Im no expert so I don't want to mess Rose up, but I believe it's time to try something diff. Even 2 doses would be better, one say, at 5 and one b4 bed? I could not, myself, tolerate valium during the day, it's such a hypnotic feeling, just want to sleep after taking it.

[b6...]

Okatz

Okatz Im thinking once a day at night only. The daytime dose is sedating her so much still. And valium is so long acting, shouldn't it cover 24 hrs? Im no expert so I don't want to mess Rose up, but I believe it's time to try something diff. Even 2 doses would be better, one say, at 5 and one b4 bed? I could not, myself, tolerate valium during the day, it's such a hypnotic feeling, just want to sleep after taking it.

I agree Iggy. If something doesn't work after trying for a month, maybe change strategies.

Like I said, the Valium had plenty of time to built up by now, so it should not make a huge difference, is what I think.....

[6d...]
Rose? What do you think, gal? Are we gonna get u to feeling better by changing things up a bit?  :)

Yes, please help/ What should I try?

Dose 2x day. Im at 9.5 mgs. total amt.

I want to feel better.ApPrreciate all help. Do you think the v is making me more depressed too/ I keep taking it.

[6d...]
Rose, my vote is for once a day, at night, and just conk out. And taper .5mg every 2 weeks, IMO. Im not telling u to do this, just a suggestion! Plz do what feels most comfortable for u to try w/o stressing too much over it.  :-\

ingrid, ok will try tomorrow..I have already taken 2 doses today.

I just want to feel better.

Some how...

Will try.

[6d...]
For me, personally, I couldn't function on taking 2 doses of valium during the day. It would feel sooo sedating to me. If I take one dose at night b4 bed, I feel fine during the day and sleep well at night, while also cutting .5mg every 2 weeks.

[b6...]

Hello all,

I recieved a pm this morning from Jerryk. He is planning his cross over to Valium. I asked his permission to post it here, so more eyes can take a look at it.

Ay input is welcome. He can use some help with it.

If I'm correct, 0.5 Xanax is 10 mgr of Valium.

Thanks, it would be so,helpful if you can comment. I've never taken Xanax.

Moo

Yes, I have to do something because my CNS is getting the crap kicked out of it by Xanax....  Below is my titration schedule I adapted from the Ashton Manual.  What do you think?  Sorry it doesn't fit well into this format.   I had valium a few times and I loved it compared to Xanax........

Titration and crossover assuming starting at 2mg Xanax.

Starting Dose Morning Mid-day Afternoon Evening Diazepam Equivalent

Stage 1 (1 Week) Xanax .5 Xanax .5 Xanax .5 Xanax .25 Valium 5mg 40mg **

Stage 2 (1 Week) Xanax .5 Xanax .25 Valium 5mg Xanax .5 Xanax .25 Valium 5mg 40mg

Stage 3 (1 week) Xanax .25 Valium 5mg Xanax .25 Valium 5mg Xanax .5 Xanax .25 Valium 5mg 40mg

Stage 4 (1 week) Xanax .25 Valium 5mg Xanax .25 Valium 5mg Xanax .25 Valium 5mg Xanax .25 Valium 5mg 40mg

Stage 5 (1 week) Xanax .25 Valium 5mg Xanax .25 Valium 5mg Xanax .25 Valium 5mg Xanax .25 Valium 5mg 40mg

Stage 6 (1-2 weeks) Xanax .25 Valium 5mg Xanax .125  Valium 5mg Xanax .25 Valium 5mg Valium 10mg 37.5mg

Stage 7 (1-2 weeks) Xanax .125  Valium 5mg Xanax .125  Valium 5mg Xanax .25 Valium 5mg Valium 10mg 35mg

Stage 8 (1-2 weeks) Xanax .125  Valium 5mg Xanax .125  Valium 5mg Xanax .125  Valium 5mg Valium 10mg 32.5mg

Stage 9 (1-2 weeks) Xanax .125  Valium 5mg Stop Xanax   Valium 5mg Xanax .125  Valium 5mg Valium 10mg 30mg

Stage 10 (1-2 weeks) Stop Xanax   Valium 5mg Valium 5 mg Xanax .125  Valium 5mg Valium 10mg 27.5mg

Stage 11 (1-2 weeks) Valium 5mg Valium 5mg Valium 5mg Valium 10mg 25.5mg

Stage 12 (1-2 weeks) Valium 5mg Valium 2.5mg Valium 5mg Valium 10mg 22.5mg

Stage 13 (1-2 weeks) Valium 5mg Valium 2.5mg Valium 4mg Valium 10mg 21.5mg

Stage 14  (1-2 weeks) Valium 5mg Valium 2.5mg Valium 2.5 Valium 10mg 20mg

Stage 15  (1-2 weeks) Valium 4mg Valium 2.5mg Valium 2.5mg Valium 10mg 19mg

Stage 16 (1-2 weeks) Valium 4mg Valium 2.5mg Valium 2.5mg Valium 9mg 18mg

Stage 17 (1-2 weeks Valium 4mg Valium 2.5mg Valium 2.5mg Valium 8mg 17mg

Stage 18 (1-2 weeks) Valium 3mg Valium 2.5mg Valium 2.5 Valium 8mg 16mg

Stage 19 (1-2 weeks) Valium 3mg Valium 2mg Valium 2mg Valium 8mg 15mg

Stage 20(1-2 weeks) Valium 2mg Valium 2mg Valium 2mg Valium 8mg 14mg

Stage 21(1-2 weeks) Valium 2mg Valium 2mg Valium 1mg Valium 8mg 13mg

Stage 22(1-2 weeks) Valium 2mg Valium 1mg Valium 1mg Valium 8mg 12mg

Stage 23(1-2 weeks) Valium 2mg Stop Valium Valium 1mg Valium 8mg 11mg

Stage 24 (1-2 weeks) Valium 1mg -- Valium 1mg Valium 8mg 10mg

Stage 25 (1-2 weeks) Valium 1mg -- Valium 1mg Valium 7mg 9mg

Stage 26 (1-2 weeks) Valium 1mg -- Stop Valium Valium 7mg 8mg

Stage 27 (1-2 weeks) Stop Valium -- -- Valium 7mg 7mg

Stage 28 (1-2 weeks) -- -- -- Valium 6mg 6mg

Stage 29 (1-2 weeks) -- -- -- Valium 5mg 5mg

Stage 30 (1-2 weeks) -- -- -- Valium 4mg 4mg

Stage 31 (1-2 weeks) -- -- -- Valium 3mg 3mg

Stage 32 (1-2 weeks) -- -- -- Valium 2mg 2mg

Stage 33 (1-2 weeks) -- -- -- Valium 1mg 1mg

• 2 months later...

HI

I don't know whether to switch to valium from lorazepam...I have been havng really bad teeth pain and gum recession from the lorazepam and was wondering if this might go away if i switch to valium- im so sensitive to drugs its scares me to switch.