Cross-Over to Valium Support Thread

[96...]

Hi rose and bunny,

My mom has had this acute like depression only at night, but it is really debilitating.

I have been giving her turmeric, but not sure if it is helping.

She has had it over a month, but it doesn't last as long as in the beginning.

I hope yours goes away soon.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [la...]

• [ro...]

• [ly...]

• [et...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi mrtmeo, Im weepy now. Think it's just the meds and the preoccupation about the changes happening to my body and my family. Still sedated and do what I can.. Ieat lots of fish and walnuts, and such for the blues..Suppose to help, my hair is shiney! Hope your mom finds some joy also, the tiniest things help me sometimes...being outside, a phonecall, funny tv show..You are a blessing for sure.. :smitten: Thanks for well wishes, same for you and mom too.

hi all  :)

my pdoc has just agreed to allow me to do a c/o to valium if I want, have a month to decide what to do (have to say I was shocked, had given up on the idea)

I just made a recent cut on my lorazepam, now at .25mg day .25mg night.... I have to say that I am going through some terrible w/d s/x on this one (cut .125mg) so I am glad that I have a month will most likely hold.....

Any experience/suggestions appreciated, if I understand correctly I would be subbing 5mg V for the .5 lorazepam am very nervous about making this decision..

Lightbright  :smitten:

Hi Lightbright,

You are correct on you cross over amount. There is a few if us on here that have crossed in the past few months. Do have any particular questions?

Lynnie

Hi Linney  :)

I had been told originally that my doc wouldn't do it so I resigned myself to the idea of tapering the lorazepam...... have to admit it has been very difficult...

I'm a little nervous about the depression aspect, I have trouble with it pre benzos, is that something that passes? I have to say that I've been extremely depressed on lorazepam just don't want to make that worse...

The other thing I worry about is what if I have to find another pdoc and I haven't finished my taper, could I possibly wind up having difficulties getting them to continue my prescription (might be looking at a move in the next several months)...

I have heard that the v is much easier to taper, is that because it's not as strong and the pills are bigger? (tiny pills a nightmare to cut accurately for me) am looking for a gram scale so that I can be really accurate with a dry cut.... do most people dry cut or titrate v?

LOL lots of questions there,

Is the depression about the same on ativan and valium? Im like lightbright, I had it with the ativan, still do with V c/o... Isn't this all the benzos really? Thanks  rose

lightbright, hi, hope you are feeling some good days...... :)  rose

lynn, bunny, mrtmeo, how is it going..Just a little lonely this morning...Hope this Sunday morning finds everyone smoothly coasting along. Me, still a bit jittery. :smitten:

lynn, bunny, mrtmeo, how is it going..Just a little lonely this morning...Hope this Sunday morning finds everyone smoothly coasting along. Me, still a bit jittery. :smitten:

Hi rose,

I guess I should not have upped my mom's dose, wait a month and up it again because her body only re adapts to the higher level instead creating relief.

I should have found a dose where she was stable and held at that.

However, she was never stable at any of the doses after the 3 month rapid taper from 6mg.

Live and learn.

I will just have to hold and see if things settle down to where she might have been had she tapered correctly.

Eventually, things should settle down.

I hope your c/o works out well, just make sure u hold long enuf to be stable before cutting.

mrtmeo, sounds like you really understand the signs, and changes...She' so lucky to have your help. I hope for relief and stability too. thanks mrt,  nice to hear from you.  rose

mrtmeo, sounds like you really understand the signs, and changes...She' so lucky to have your help. I hope for relief and stability too. thanks mrt,  nice to hear from you.  rose

Hi rose,

I found out the signs way too late, but hope it helps others.

Rosegal- have not posted I can't read all the negatives anymore have to do the positives  you are welcome to PM me but I don't do much but my progress log anymore.  I have to get through this - no choice - some days and good some not so good - did my first drop.  I hope you are doing well and you will get through this - you just have to do 'it'. 

Kgirl, Hi so gald to hear you are going along. I too get scared if I read too much, yet i seek the comfort when Im unsure or too lonely. Everyone is so supportive and open..I understand. I respect your plans. It is so hard as you said, I just keep doing it thru the discomfort and fears..Thanks for the chance to chat/pm. You are on the way....so glad for you. thanks for reply. :smitten:  rose

[96...]

Lainyek, Kgirl, moo  how are you all doing? :smitten:  rose

Hey Rosy,

Doing okay under the circumstances. Had a long sleep. Has not happened in a while.

The usual shakes this morning.

My guest are off to the beach today. Playing on the boardwalk.

And asking if I'm sure I'm not coming....it always makes me sad because I just can't and they don't still get it, obviously.

I can barely handle it when the doorbell rings. Let alone going off to the boardwalk.

Ha, maybe I should go in a roller coaster.

How are you feeling today?

Good luck on the all V today. You will be done now.

Now, it is on to getting stable.

If it goes anything like with me, the next week you could still be kind of like today but things can be looking up pretty soon.

Keep us posted. We are all rooting for you ! :smitten:

Lainyek, Kgirl, moo  how are you all doing? :smitten:  rose

Hey Rosy,

Doing okay under the circumstances. Had a long sleep. Has not happened in a while.

The usual shakes this morning.

My guest are off to the beach today. Playing on the boardwalk.

And asking if I'm sure I'm not coming....it always makes me sad because I just can't and they don't still get it, obviously.

I can barely handle it when the doorbell rings. Let alone going off to the boardwalk.

Ha, maybe I should go in a roller coaster.

How are you feeling today?

Good luck on the all V today. You will be done now.

Now, it is on to getting stable.

If it goes anything like with me, the next week you could still be kind of like today but things can be looking up pretty soon.

Keep us posted. We are all rooting for you ! :smitten:

:stretcher:  Oh please, just take me now… no roller coaster, BW or not…  :laugh:

Hi Rosegal, I'm not c/o to valium, but wanted to stop in and say hi to you.  I hope you start feeling better soon once you are fully crossed over.  Lots of peeps here to help you with your valium.  Blessings to you!

Rabbit

Hey Moo, aww sorry you will miss the beach today. But you have to do what feels right for you. You sound like you have a wonderful, caring family.

Me, a little jittery a little spacey.

I will be all v tonight. Keeping faith.

Doing pretty good. Yesterday was my Bday so we have been busy all weekend. Thanks for asking. Hope things are getting better for you. I have a lot of catching up on reading on here..

I had been told originally that my doc wouldn't do it so I resigned myself to the idea of tapering the lorazepam...... have to admit it has been very difficult...

I'm a little nervous about the depression aspect, I have trouble with it pre benzos, is that something that passes? I have to say that I've been extremely depressed on lorazepam just don't want to make that worse...

The other thing I worry about is what if I have to find another pdoc and I haven't finished my taper, could I possibly wind up having difficulties getting them to continue my prescription (might be looking at a move in the next several months)...

I have heard that the v is much easier to taper, is that because it's not as strong and the pills are bigger? (tiny pills a nightmare to cut accurately for me) am looking for a gram scale so that I can be really accurate with a dry cut.... do most people dry cut or titrate v?

Lightbright,

Sorry it took me this long to get back with you. Been off here most of the weekend.

#1 I cannot really tell you about the depression part. I had some bouts with it before I was put on Atian because I am going through the change of life. I had a horrid time on A and SInce I have crossed over to V 27 days ago I am doing pretty good. I get a little blue here and there and sometimes I cry for little reasons, but not full our depression. From reading on here I have read that some people do get more depressed, some don't. Everyone is different.

#2 Is very important IMO! Are you planning to do a long distance move or are you to move like to a couple hours away? If you are going to plan on doing this a prescribing doctor is a must. If you are moving a couple hours away, I would make sure I make calls and possibly get one lined up that would agree to keeping you on the meds. If you are moving long distance, that is going to be a tough call.

#3 I think that is why Ashton chose to use Valium to taper off of because it is supposed to be easier to taper from. Although, people have successfully tapered off Ativan, xanax, Klonopin.  Everyone does what they feel comfortable for them when it comes to cutting. Some ppl that dry cut end up doing LT when they get to the last couple of MG as they find it easier. I personally have no experience with this, just read other peoples signatures and stories.

Hope I answered all your questions! :) 

Lynnie

Mom, sorry you can't join your family. We still pray for you every night!  Hope things start to get better.

Rose, all v tonight!  Yay!  :)

Meo,  sorry to hear your mom is still not doing so well.  :(

Lynn

Mom, sorry you can't join your family. We still pray for you every night!  Hope things start to get better.

Lynn

Hi lynnie,

Hope everything is going well with you.

[96...]

Lynn

Hey Bananie , thanks. You're the best!

Did the switch go okay?

Lynn

Did the switch go okay?

Yup. Down to 3mg 3 times a day! Will have to delay taper till next week as you know what is getting ready to show up. Not gonna start a taper and deal with my monthly  :crazy:

[96...]

Lynn

Did the switch go okay?

Yup. Down to 3mg 3 times a day! Will have to delay taper till next week as you know what is getting ready to show up. Not gonna start a taper and deal with my monthly  :crazy:

Yep, I'm there today. Whoop!

Wonder if its like in real life with some friends: it will show up on the same day eventually, remember?

Ha, it's just hilarious that I memorize when people get theirs here on bb but I can't remember why I walked into te kitchen.  :idiot:

;D

Lynn

Did the switch go okay?

Yep, I'm there today. Whoop!

Wonder if its like in real life with some friends: it will show up on the same day eventually, remember?

Ha, it's just hilarious that I memorize when people get theirs here on bb but I can't remember why I walked into te kitchen.  :idiot:

;D

haha.. I had thought of that too. It is like we are getting synced like in real life

Or maybe there is just lots of annoying pre and during time of that time of the month

Lightbright,

Sorry it took me this long to get back with you. Been off here most of the weekend.

#1 I cannot really tell you about the depression part. I had some bouts with it before I was put on Atian because I am going through the change of life. I had a horrid time on A and SInce I have crossed over to V 27 days ago I am doing pretty good. I get a little blue here and there and sometimes I cry for little reasons, but not full our depression. From reading on here I have read that some people do get more depressed, some don't. Everyone is different.

#2 Is very important IMO! Are you planning to do a long distance move or are you to move like to a couple hours away? If you are going to plan on doing this a prescribing doctor is a must. If you are moving a couple hours away, I would make sure I make calls and possibly get one lined up that would agree to keeping you on the meds. If you are moving long distance, that is going to be a tough call.

#3 I think that is why Ashton chose to use Valium to taper off of because it is supposed to be easier to taper from. Although, people have successfully tapered off Ativan, xanax, Klonopin.  Everyone does what they feel comfortable for them when it comes to cutting. Some ppl that dry cut end up doing LT when they get to the last couple of MG as they find it easier. I personally have no experience with this, just read other peoples signatures and stories.

Hope I answered all your questions! :) 

Lynnie

Hey Lynnie  :)

Thank you for writing back..... the moving thing is my biggest concern would be several hours away possibly so would need to find new pdoc. Have never had a problem getting someone to prescribe lorazepam but a bit worried about valium wondering if you have a history with a previous pdoc if this makes it easier?

I know this is subjective but any idea how long it would take to taper 5 mg V?