• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [lo...]

• [La...]

• [ra...]

• [Di...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Zman, you really were a trooper. You got there and back. Exhaustion doesn't even begin to cover it. I had to leave the waiting room before and for someone to drag me back to the car, so  I understand how these trips can be ordeals and tribulations. You may not feel it, but I was impressed. Not only did you get in and out, you were able to to take charge so you could ensure a good procedure. By the time I get somewhere I don't feel like I have the energy to advocate for myself. Good job!

I'm at a 7 at Vitamin D. I didn't really think about it because of all the other symptoms. Is it something to worry about? At any rate I do hope your's increased.

Thank you for the kind and reassuring words…. Yes a level of 7 with Vitamin D is considered severe deficiency and can lead to osteoporosis which can make your bones super weak and not able to even support your body without risking fractures or breaks, is what I was told. You should start supplementing every day with vitamin D3 I get mine from Walmart is cheap and I only take the 2000 IU amount once a day or once every other day. My doctor said my D deficiency is probably where a lot of my pain is coming from. It also helps with energy and mood. You can also get a little bit from just sitting in the sun a little each day. I get ZERO increase in benzo side effects from using the 2000 IU Nature Made (brand) Vitamin D supplements from Walmart. Just be sure to take them with at least a small amount of food (I remember you were having trouble eating… I hope that has gotten a little better)

Well I had to leave the house again yesterday and visit my primary dr for medicine refills. It takes about a half hr to get there so my anxiety of course tried to get the better of me but after a few minutes of being there I was ok. Had to use wheelchair but I stood up to get in the car, get out of the car, and while being weighed. My blood pressure was a little high but it went down when they checked it with a manual cuff. We stopped at Burger King and got a cheeseburger on the way home. (Drive-thru) Overall I was happy I made it out of the house twice in one week even though it made me very anxious each time. Today I think I will lay in bed and rest my bones and nerves and watch movies.  I have 3 appointments this coming week, one of which is to get the teeth extracted. I hope I can keep doing well enough to make it to all of them and keep my wits about myself. Thank you all for the encouragement, love you and God bless you, I pray that you are all making your own personal progress in whatever way you can.

:)

Hugs to everyone!

Howmany it’s great to see you again sweetie. Thanks for your congrats on my progress. You will make it too.

I’m praying for all of you. Let me be a witness that it DOES get better!

❤️❤️❤️

Hang in there and don’t listen to those benzo lies!

Hugs to everyone!

Howmany it’s great to see you again sweetie. Thanks for your congrats on my progress. You will make it too.

I’m praying for all of you. Let me be a witness that it DOES get better!

❤️❤️❤️

Hang in there and don’t listen to those benzo lies!

Hi my friend….So great to see you on here.  Miss you :smitten:  So So very happy for you :D

:hug:

Marie

Hello everyone! How was your weekend? Mine was good. I pushed through my waves and stayed out of bed as much as possible. I’m a bit sad that the thick pollen is keeping me from being outside for longer. I really want to increase my walking distance. But oh well….it could be worse.

Love to you all.

Hello -  I had a pretty good weekend, and pushed too.  I was on the couch a lot, but did get some stuff done and got outside in the sunshine a bit.

Lady- Sorry to hear about that nasty pollen….boo!  So glad to see you up and about  :thumbsup:

Hope everyone else is doing well enough and moving forward :thumbsup:

Marie (3.85 tonight, I am so happy)

Z- Sorry to hear you are in the ER.  I am saying a Prayer right now.

Marie

Thank you, Marie. I’m glad to hear you had a decent weekend. The ER trip was mostly because of my heart rate. Anytime I move or try to get up and do anything it races out of control. The ER was so packed that they were doing tests right out in the waiting room even. I got my tests done and left immediately because there were so many ppl that I was in fear of catching Covid. I told them call me if anything comes back worrisome on my tests.

Hello -  I had a pretty good weekend, and pushed too.  I was on the couch a lot, but did get some stuff done and got outside in the sunshine a bit.

Lady- Sorry to hear about that nasty pollen….boo!  So glad to see you up and about  :thumbsup:

Hope everyone else is doing well enough and moving forward :thumbsup:

Marie (3.85 tonight, I am so happy)

YAY!!!! Way to go!

I am in the ER right now, please say a prayer for me.

Thank you and God bless

Z

Zman what’s going on, buddy? Please give us a report. Prayers 🙏

Ladyden and Marie so happy you both had goid weekends. ❤

Thanks Dianne. How was yours?

Big hug to you sweetheart ❤️

I am in the ER right now, please say a prayer for me.

Thank you and God bless

Z

Zman what’s going on, buddy? Please give us a report. Prayers 🙏

My heart rate started dropping super low like in the low 50s yesterday and it felt weird, so I got up and went to the ER. When I got to the ER, my heart rate was all over the place, 75 when they were taking my blood pressure, 64 when they did an EKG, and then up to 122 while sitting in the waiting room. The emergency room was so full that they had no beds so I waited long enough to have those tests done, (they would come and take you for the test then wheel you back into the waiting room to wait for the next test) after i realized there were about 50 covid patients in the waiting room, and i had had all my tests, I didn't want to wait three hours for the results, so i left and went home. Once i was back home i laid back down and my pulse was pretty normal for the rest of the night, but i only got about 4 hrs sleep because i kept waking up. The main heart tests came back normal, but i have elevated white blood cells and some other things off. The whole experience was like a big panic attack mixed with severe monotony. I cant explain it, but today i am shakey and dont feel right. It’s also RAINING.  :'(

Haven't felt this bad in a while and my appetite that was at 100% is now back down to almost zero. Im very uncomfortable. Yesterday i also didnt get to take my doses anywhere around the right times because of going to the hospital. Starting to think that the medicine schedule while tapering has a lot to do with how well you handle this, even if its a long lasting one like valium which i am on (8mg per day, 3 in the day, 5 at night before bed)

Anyways, now because my pulse is dropping low while in bed, I’ve developed an irrational fear of taking my meds….  I will still take them, but now I’m caught back in the trap of worrying about my pulse all the time. Reminder: My ascending aortic aneurysm is why I get so scared when things get so far out of whack, otherwise I’d be hiking in the woods every day and just dealing with pain as it comes.

I see an appointment this Thursday and another with heart dr on Monday. The problem is, I’m supposed to have teeth pulled on Thursday. The way I think is, I will be hurting bad after getting two molars removed and the heart visit will be even more scary because of it. Scheduling dr appointments around pain any symptoms can be such a pain in the butt sometimes, because sometimes you just ARENT ABLE TO GO. But hey at least I left the house…. 3rd time this month…. Even if it was traumatizing it still counts, I guess  :-\

Ok thank you for explaining what happened. I’m glad you’re ok and your heart is fine. I think you’re feeling off today because your schedule medication is off schedule. Things will settle back down soon.

Also I’d like to tell you that although you’re so uncomfortable, the heart rate and or blood pressure is commonly known to go haywire from time to time. It is normal under the circumstances. It’s caused many buddies before you ( including me) to take wasted trips to the ER. And all is normal mostly. It is very scary to feel our hearts beat abnormally especially if it’s occurring often. I’m not going to tell you not to go to the ER. But I will say, that the heart rate thing might occur again….soon and more often as you continue to taper. So you will be wise to take a minute when panic sets in to decide if it’s worth another ER trip. Another thing is this….if you become a frequent ER visitor then they’ll tag you as nuts and perhaps give you more bad meds against your will. ( unknowingly) This happened to me. I wasn’t a frequent visitor but I had a serious case of thrush ( from tapering) that gave me swallowing issues. I went to the ER because it was so bad that I temporarily couldn’t swallow at all. This disrupts breathing. When someone can’t breath, they naturally panic. At the ER, instead of checking my throat the doctor just stood there asking me questions and watching me have throat spasms. I guess he thought I was nuts or trying to get attention and ordered me haldol- a very strong psych drug ( I read later that its for people that come in going crazy due to mental issues). Almost immediately I had a severe reaction to it! I got immediate tar dive dyskinesia of the face and legs….severely! When they released what they did, they tried to correct it by giving me high doses of Benadryl which had its own side effects. Then they discharged me with a twisting lower face and legs. Absolutely cruel SOB! They didn’t say if I’d recover or sorry or nothing! I’m not sure if they gave me the other patient’s medication or what. I have NO history of mental issues….ever! Well, to God be the glory because after 24 torturous hours it began to calm down. I went to my regular doctor the next morning and when she saw me, she was horrified! She told me in so many words that I should sue that doctor because I’m very lucky that TD isn’t permanent. In most cases if you get immediate TD, it’s permanent. And such a severe reaction could have caused my death. She thinks what saved my life was the Benadryl immediately was administered. And in no way I should have been released after such a severe reaction. So, to address why I went to ER anyway she looked into my throat diagnosing me with severe thrush that was trying to invade my esophagus. She prescribed Nystatin for a month twice a day. It’s given to babies for the same issue. Very safe. She told me that she did call that ER doctor asking him why he treated me that way.

My thrush gradually got better with the medication. I went on tapering and came into the very issue you’re having when I got down to lower doses. I got an appointment with my doctor. They checked me in with me having a heart rate of over 200. She immediately called an ambulance! My heart was in grave danger of stopping. It just can’t keep beating that fast for too long. When the ambulance came, all of a sudden she said….” I want it on record that I was not the original doctor who put her on Ambien. I’m the one getting her off it.”  Before the ambulance incident she gave me the impression that she knew nothing about it making people have WD. She acted quickly getting me to lay on my left side with knees slightly bent toward my tummy and take slow controlled deep breaths in the nose. Hold for 4 seconds then slowly blow out through the mouth for 7 seconds. Repeat until heart rate begins to respond then breath normally. This will tap into the parasympathetic nervous system calming it down. By the time I arrived to the hospital, my heart was back to normal but my blood pressure was elevated because of the ordeal. The next day or two, it happened again at home. So I immediately lay on my left side and began slow breathing. Sure enough…..it went back to normal. I did start to panic and almost rush to ER but I controlled it with breathing and calming thinking….” I will be alright. I’m not dying. Calm…..relax…….calm…….relax…… Ahhhhhhh……relax……

I hope you can use this tool to help you. And be assured that it will get better with time. It’s just your brain trying to return to homeostasis. Scary yes but temporary and normal. I no longer have those episodes….for a long time now I’ve not had it since acute phase.  :thumbsup:

It so so so weird how you can go from almost feeling human again, to feeling like a creature made of pain in the blink of an eye.

Ok thank you for explaining what happened. I’m glad you’re ok and your heart is fine. I think you’re feeling off today because your schedule medication is off schedule. Things will settle back down soon.

Also I’d like to tell you that although you’re so uncomfortable, the heart rate and or blood pressure is commonly known to go haywire from time to time. It is normal under the circumstances. It’s caused many buddies before you ( including me) to take wasted trips to the ER. And all is normal mostly. It is very scary to feel our hearts beat abnormally especially if it’s occurring often. I’m not going to tell you not to go to the ER. But I will say, that the heart rate thing might occur again….soon and more often as you continue to taper. So you will be wise to take a minute when panic sets in to decide if it’s worth another ER trip. Another thing is this….if you become a frequent ER visitor then they’ll tag you as nuts and perhaps give you more bad meds against your will. ( unknowingly) This happened to me. I wasn’t a frequent visitor but I had a serious case of thrush ( from tapering) that gave me swallowing issues. I went to the ER because it was so bad that I temporarily couldn’t swallow at all. This disrupts breathing. When someone can’t breath, they naturally panic. At the ER, instead of checking my throat the doctor just stood there asking me questions and watching me have throat spasms. I guess he thought I was nuts or trying to get attention and ordered me haldol- a very strong psych drug ( I read later that its for people that come in going crazy due to mental issues). Almost immediately I had a severe reaction to it! I got immediate tar dive dyskinesia of the face and legs….severely! When they released what they did, they tried to correct it by giving me high doses of Benadryl which had its own side effects. Then they discharged me with a twisting lower face and legs. Absolutely cruel SOB! They didn’t say if I’d recover or sorry or nothing! I’m not sure if they gave me the other patient’s medication or what. I have NO history of mental issues….ever! Well, to God be the glory because after 24 torturous hours it began to calm down. I went to my regular doctor the next morning and when she saw me, she was horrified! She told me in so many words that I should sue that doctor because I’m very lucky that TD isn’t permanent. In most cases if you get immediate TD, it’s permanent. And such a severe reaction could have caused my death. She thinks what saved my life was the Benadryl immediately was administered. And in no way I should have been released after such a severe reaction. So, to address why I went to ER anyway she looked into my throat diagnosing me with severe thrush that was trying to invade my esophagus. She prescribed Nystatin for a month twice a day. It’s given to babies for the same issue. Very safe. She told me that she did call that ER doctor asking him why he treated me that way.

My thrush gradually got better with the medication. I went on tapering and came into the very issue you’re having when I got down to lower doses. I got an appointment with my doctor. They checked me in with me having a heart rate of over 200. She immediately called an ambulance! My heart was in grave danger of stopping. It just can’t keep beating that fast for too long. When the ambulance came, all of a sudden she said….” I want it on record that I was not the original doctor who put her on Ambien. I’m the one getting her off it.”  Before the ambulance incident she gave me the impression that she knew nothing about it making people have WD. She acted quickly getting me to lay on my left side with knees slightly bent toward my tummy and take slow controlled deep breaths in the nose. Hold for 4 seconds then slowly blow out through the mouth for 7 seconds. Repeat until heart rate begins to respond then breath normally. This will tap into the parasympathetic nervous system calming it down. By the time I arrived to the hospital, my heart was back to normal but my blood pressure was elevated because of the ordeal. The next day or two, it happened again at home. So I immediately lay on my left side and began slow breathing. Sure enough…..it went back to normal. I did start to panic and almost rush to ER but I controlled it with breathing and calming thinking….” I will be alright. I’m not dying. Calm…..relax…….calm…….relax…… Ahhhhhhh……relax……

I hope you can use this tool to help you. And be assured that it will get better with time. It’s just your brain trying to return to homeostasis. Scary yes but temporary and normal. I no longer have those episodes….for a long time now I’ve not had it since acute phase.  :thumbsup:

I’m so glad your TD went away. Praise the Lord for his mercy! The way you described laying to get your HR down is basically the position I am in all day in bed. And yes, I know all too well about the ER and labeling people as “frequent flyers”. I’ve gone up to 13 times in a month at one point last year. I even got yelled at and called names by a nurse practitioner, until my wife took up for me and reported her to the hospital administrators. Thank you as always for your encouragement, it means so much to everyone, especially someone in my position

I know the feeling, at just over a year out I've had 136 symptoms now, I posted I believe 122 on my account on this site which I'll leave a link... I'm currently working on my outdated list. The bedridden aspect of this is inhumane especially when riding out a symptom or multiple at once its so sad. I thought I was recovered or at least enough recovered that I posted a success story until the gates of hell opened and said "Nope... Sorry, here's some of your old acute symptoms time ten... Enjoy". , and all of sudden I was hit with symptoms that brought me to my knees from weakness, numbness in limbs to musculatory issues. This process really sucks.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=257286.0

Z- Glad to know you are home and okay.  How scary this all is and with heart issues too.  I recently for the first time have been having some heart pounding, but I am sure it is benzo related, but to be “safe”, I am going to make an apt with my cardiologist.  It’s been over 3 years since I have had a heart work up.

Lady- As always you have experience and tremendous advice and I will be using this as well.  How awful what you went through, and you are very lucky that doctor didn’t kill you or that you didn’t have permanent damage.  My daughter had thrush when she was nursing, so we had to both use that medication…I had to put it on my nipples as well.  It did the job.  Some how she got it a second time…strange???  I wonder how you got it? 

Mustang - Sorry to hear that you are back in the throws of sx…. :'(  Who knows why this happens to some and not others.  It just isn’t fair.  Hopefully soon all your healing will kick into high gear, and this will be over with.  Have you heard about the frog treatments?  One of the BB’s shared this, and said it worked.  I googled it, but accidentally closed the pages.  It looks interesting.  She swears by it and the healing properties.

Today is an “okay” day for me. Half window half wave…..I feel really tired, and don’t have the motivation to do much.  I am sitting on the couch.  :P

Marie

Ladyden and Marie so happy you both had goid weekends. ❤

Thanks Dianne. How was yours?

Big hug to you sweetheart ❤️

Hi Lady,

Saturday evening wasn't to bad but Sunday wasn't a very good day.  Praying we all receive better days soon!

Hugs and prayers💕🙏💕