~~The Bedridden Club~~

[...]

Zman I am so glad your heart is ok but I know that was scary for you.  Ladyden always has a lot of wisdom and knowledge that is so helpful for us.

Mustang I am so sorry you having issues praying you WILK feel better.

Marie I hope you can rest today and feel much better.  I'm kind of having an off day today too...lol who I'm I kidding most of my days are off. 🤷

Hang in there everyone! 🙏🙏🙏

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [lo...]

• [La...]

• [ra...]

• [Di...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the feeling, at just over a year out I've had 136 symptoms now, I posted I believe 122 on my account on this site which I'll leave a link... I'm currently working on my outdated list. The bedridden aspect of this is inhumane especially when riding out a symptom or multiple at once its so sad. I thought I was recovered or at least enough recovered that I posted a success story until the gates of hell opened and said "Nope... Sorry, here's some of your old acute symptoms time ten... Enjoy". , and all of sudden I was hit with symptoms that brought me to my knees from weakness, numbness in limbs to musculatory issues. This process really sucks.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=257286.0

Yes this is sadly all too familiar occurrence. I also thought I was over the worst of it at about the same timeframe as you….around a year milestone. Then BOOM! Hit with my worst symptoms again….to me it was just as bad as a Ute if not worse. I’ve had the same experience. BUT when that setback was over, my healing made bigger leaps. I’m now not completely bedridden all day. Now I’m bedridden for short periods within a day. I do things then have to go back to bed. From what I’ve been through that is a huge improvement because I couldn’t even stand up to walk to the bathroom which is only 7 steps away ( from my bed to my toilet). I had to hire a caregiver and use a walker. So it does get better. Hang in there!

Z- Glad to know you are home and okay.  How scary this all is and with heart issues too.  I recently for the first time have been having some heart pounding, but I am sure it is benzo related, but to be “safe”, I am going to make an apt with my cardiologist.  It’s been over 3 years since I have had a heart work up.

Lady- As always you have experience and tremendous advice and I will be using this as well.  How awful what you went through, and you are very lucky that doctor didn’t kill you or that you didn’t have permanent damage.  My daughter had thrush when she was nursing, so we had to both use that medication…I had to put it on my nipples as well.  It did the job.  Some how she got it a second time…strange???  I wonder how you got it? 

Mustang - Sorry to hear that you are back in the throws of sx…. :'(  Who knows why this happens to some and not others.  It just isn’t fair.  Hopefully soon all your healing will kick into high gear, and this will be over with.  Have you heard about the frog treatments?  One of the BB’s shared this, and said it worked.  I googled it, but accidentally closed the pages.  It looks interesting.  She swears by it and the healing properties.

Today is an “okay” day for me. Half window half wave…..I feel really tired, and don’t have the motivation to do much.  I am sitting on the couch.  :P

Marie

Hugs to you How! The only explanation of how I got it is as I tapered my immune system was vulnerable due to the hormones and vitamin levels being off. Also I couldn’t eat but a couple of bites of food at a time. I had no appetite in my tapering and acute. I was forced to drink sprite throughout the day to stay alive and keep my blood sugar stable. I don’t have diabetes but coming off these meds throws off blood sugar in many people. So mine would drop. With my immune system low, candida going wild….I got thrush.

My days are also half good and half in a wave…usually milder waves. I’m also very tired nearly every day for the past month. Even if I get good sleep in which I sleep well most nights.

Along with the Nystatin I used a baking soda rinse. Wow it works so well.  :thumbsup:

Hope you have a good day.

Ladyden and Marie so happy you both had goid weekends. ❤

Thanks Dianne. How was yours?

Big hug to you sweetheart ❤️

Hi Lady,

Saturday evening wasn't to bad but Sunday wasn't a very good day.  Praying we all receive better days soon!

Hugs and prayers💕🙏💕

I’m hoping you’re having better day today. Hang in there dear! ❤️

This is the craziest crappiest of the crappiest recovery I’ve ever heard of 😂🤣 But it is temporary! Halleluyah for that!

Love and prayers my dear. You’re a strong warrior!

Lady- Thanks for the reply and explanation.  I have always wondered why my daughter got it…hmmm.  It was after her vaccinations, and like always, she had health problems after them (thats a whole story I could write a book on) and so I just later attribute it to that, but I will never know 100%.

Diane - The struggle is so real when everyday is a bed kind of day.  I know that too….I am sorry you are having such a hard time.  :hug:

How is everyone else doing?

I am not wanting to leave the couch….ugh. 

Marie

Hi Marie,

I am so sorry you are having a hard time today.  I'm on the couch right now too ugh!  But I did have a much needed window last night it was wonderful.  I hope your day gets better.

Hugs ❤

Diane - Thank You-  We can be couch potato buddies… 8).  Yay for your window.  Woo HOO!  Take them when you can get them.  Night times are always best for me, I don't know why.  I don’t vibrate as much, and I just feel more like myself…..I could actually get a lot more accomplished at night, but that is when the house is sleeping and I would be disrupting them….LOL…We just can’t win with this stuff.  It’s okay, the body I know actually needs rest to heal, so I look it that way.

I hope you get another window tonight or maybe even sometime today  :smitten:

Saying my Prayer’s for all of us….. :)

Marie

Well, yesterday I did it. I went to the dentist and successfully had two back molars, right beside each other, extracted. I didn’t freak out at all. I really surprised myself. They used carbocaine instead of lidocaine with epinephrine in it, per my request. In my mind I was thinking of a million crazy things that could happen, but I literally just laid there and let them work on me, and everything went great. I guess I am so used to pain now, that it’s not even bothering me that much this morning. Jaw is a little sore, but no nervous system reactions at all. I even asked my wife to video the procedure, which she did. I have to admit I am a little bit proud of myself for going ahead and pushing myself to get it over with, even while I am in severe tolerance withdrawal. It felt good to be brave. That’s really the only way I can describe it. It felt good to be brave.

Love you, God bless you all and I hope this weekend brings victories, whether small or large, over this obstacle we are all fighting against. I wish peace and comfort for each and every one of you.

Z

Marie I hope you were able to get off the couch today and are feeling better.  The couch has been my best friend the past couple of days praying for a better tomorrow.

Ladyden thank you.  You are always fighting in our corners.  Hop today has been good to you.

Zman yes you are very brave.  So proud of you!  I know that lifted your spirits.

Prayers for everyone.  ❤

zman, glad it worked out for you and the dentist. I think bravery is a necessity when we are injured by these drugs.

Thank you Becky, I appreciate it. I hope you have also had some good days or at least a break from the bad.

God bless you.

Haven't posted in a while. I hope you are all having better days.

I think I feel like I lost a month and a half of progress over the last few days. Is this what they call a wave? It's been getting not so good day by day.

And the pattern has switched up. Mornings were better than evenings. But mornings feel bad too. What is this?

Also doctor confirmed I have fat malabsorption. Wants to run a lot of tests at a hospital. How do you know when to go or keep waiting and see if it will heal?

I'm getting hospital adversed. All I have to do is show up for a doctor to get frustrated with me.

Zman, what you did was amazing. An example of true bravery. I am so glad it went ok.

Stitch, my pattern has also unfortunately switched. I was going to bed at 9:30 or 10pm and waking up at 5:30 am, which is a good solid block of sleep. Now it seems like my bedtime is around 11 and Im up around 4 am with panic feelings and racing heart. Havent been able to eat much either, partiallly because i had teeth extracted, and partially because my stomach has been bloated feeling since the day before my dentist appt. There seems to be no definitive pattern to this, even while still on the meds (like me) i hope you feel better and definitely get the malabsorption checked by a gastro dr.

Hugs, and god bless

Hugs zman Dianne and Stitch.

Happy Sunday.

Take one day at a time. Do what you can and celebrate THAT! After all we’re going through, we deserve that celebration. This renders positivity to our brains. The brain loves “ rewards”. Make the brain happy and the body will follow. That’s true even if we still feel like crap. Enjoy today….it’s SUNday  :thumbsup:

Thank you Ladyden.

Stitch and Zman my symptoms pattern has changed too and not for the good.

Stitch yes it sounds like a wave we have to hang on!

Praying for all of us. ❤

DD, LadyDen, Stitch, and everyone else here, I just wanted to let you know I’m thinking about you, and praying for us all tonight. I’m grateful to have found you all, and know that not only am I not alone, but that people DO care about each other. God bless every one of you in this forum.

DD, LadyDen, Stitch, and everyone else here, I just wanted to let you know I’m thinking about you, and praying for us all tonight. I’m grateful to have found you all, and know that not only am I not alone, but that people DO care about each other. God bless every one of you in this forum.

:mybuddy::hug::highfive::mybuddy::hug::highfive:

You’re awesome! Praying for you all too.

We ARE healing bit by bit even if it isn’t apparent right now……remember that yesterday was a day in your healing process that you don’t have to do again. Today is a new small notch of your healing that’s going to get you closer to the completion. God is called Elohim….El Shaddai…because he’s our Almighty Provider giving us his all in providing with all his might! Those are the best hands to be in.  :thumbsup: Therefore….fear not, doubt not and do not lose the hope he gave. That hope is real. He is with us. When it is rough wave for me, I direct my focus on that hope. I go to bed at night…..I wake up as a witness that he allowed me to make it. I might not feel well but I made it!  :thumbsup:

As those days stack up you’ll notice the little changes in your healing. That’s when you’ll know that hope wasn’t in vain. That you will be alright.

:mybuddy::hug::highfive::mybuddy::hug::highfive:

You’re awesome! Praying for you all too.

We ARE healing bit by bit even if it isn’t apparent right now……remember that yesterday was a day in your healing process that you don’t have to do again. Today is a new small notch of your healing that’s going to get you closer to the completion. God is called Elohim….El Shaddai…because he’s our Almighty Provider giving us his all in providing with all his might! Those are the best hands to be in.  :thumbsup: Therefore….fear not, doubt not and do not lose the hope he gave. That hope is real. He is with us. When it is rough wave for me, I direct my focus on that hope. I go to bed at night…..I wake up as a witness that he allowed me to make it. I might not feel well but I made it!  :thumbsup:

As those days stack up you’ll notice the little changes in your healing. That’s when you’ll know that hope wasn’t in vain. That you will be alright.

Sometimes when I pray I get intrusive, interrupting thoughts. It’s hard, but I know God knows my spirit and what needs are. I thank him everyday too. Even if it’s a terrible one, Count it all joy. James 1:2

Haven't posted in a while. I hope you are all having better days.

I think I feel like I lost a month and a half of progress over the last few days. Is this what they call a wave? It's been getting not so good day by day.

And the pattern has switched up. Mornings were better than evenings. But mornings feel bad too. What is this?

Also doctor confirmed I have fat malabsorption. Wants to run a lot of tests at a hospital. How do you know when to go or keep waiting and see if it will heal?

I'm getting hospital adversed. All I have to do is show up for a doctor to get frustrated with me.

Zman, what you did was amazing. An example of true bravery. I am so glad it went ok.

Stitch I have the morning dread also since Oct last year. It is now very mild and as of last month, some mornings I skip the dread. It does get better.  :thumbsup:

I never really had this morning dread until then. So it was a new and disappointing symptom for me too. It’s not uncommon to have new ones pop up as we go along in healing. Some of the new ones will pass quickly and some hang around awhile. I just wanted to assure you that it is normal. Big hugs to you my dear.

What I’d suggest if I were you I would just wait things out. Almost everyone on here have ran to the doctor getting expensive tests….sadly majority of them came back to be normal. Why? Because there’s no test for this because it’s a brain injury issue medication induced. Thanks to this forum we know we aren’t crazy. We know we’re not making all this up. We know the symptoms are from being on or coming off those pills. At the end of the day, it’s your choice to go have all those tests. If it gives you peace of mind then go for it. It won’t hurt anything to get tested. But just keep in mind that it might be a huge waste of time and money. I’d hate to see you get your hopes up. The tests will definitely rule out anything serious going on. I’m sure you’ll think about it and make the right choice for you.

Sending you big hugs and well wishes. 🌹❤️🤗

Not trying to grab the limelight, but please pray for me

I’m trying to surf an enormous wave and wiping out like crazy.

I dont know if its from the antibiotics or my vitamin d supplement, or the medicine from

the dental procedure…. Its a complete mystery

I have no idea what caused it and there is probably no one singular answer

I feel bad enough to say this feels like when I first joined benzobuddies months ago

Intense pain and chemical anxiety. Muscles are tense all over body and non stop twitching. Stomach tight and afraid to eat. :(

Sorry for the lousy update. I cant wait to one day be able to talk about how I endured and conquered this…

Love and peace to you all 

Zman sending prayers.  I am so sorry for this wave you are having.  I'm in one now too from a cut I made.  I pray yours passes quickly.

Stitch and Ladyden hang in there.

Prayers for everyone ❤

Zman sending prayers.  I am so sorry for this wave you are having.  I'm in one now too from a cut I made.  I pray yours passes quickly.

Stitch and Ladyden hang in there.

Prayers for everyone ❤

Thank you DD

I pray you stabilize from your cut very soon. Got to think of it as progress, because you “made the cut” and even though it will be hard for a bit you are still closer to your goal

God bless you, I’m praying for you right now, and for all of us.

Zman,

Thank you.  You don't know how much your prayers mean to me ❤.  I know you are right its progress.

Praying that you are having a better day.

😊💕