~~The Bedridden Club~~

[...]

Hi Staunch. I'm sorry you feel so bad. I am also in bed most of the time at the moment. Just got up to get something to ear and now I'm back in bed again. How are you now? Gx

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [lo...]

• [La...]

• [ra...]

• [Di...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I tried to go back on Celexa as it was the only antidepressant that I tolerated even remotely ok and it made me sick to the point of throwing up so I stopped. I'm at a loss for what to do.

I’m so sorry to hear. I’ve no experience with this stuff can only repeat what I’ve heard others try: do a long hold & tell yourself you’re going to be ok, it’s only the benzo, hold until you feel better, if your in a legal state try mmj & CBD oil(if your ok with that), communicate on here with others what your going through, get it out & hopefully get some supportive feedback, updose.

Have you checked out the long hold support group? Very supportive, strong peeps over there with much experience. It’s predominantly chicks, but one guy cant, is a regular & others visit. Plus who cares it’s a nice group of people with much experience & ones that have obviously had taper difficulty, thus the long holds.

Good luck. Hang in there.

Great suggestion Scaredie...there are some incredibly knowledgeable people there. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

24/7 bed ridden  couple days after starting valium 2.5 mg. Fast taper after 5wk now down to 0.5mg, in bed and incredibly sick ever since then been 6 months now.

For me, it's not just WD, I was dead only after couple doses of this poison and wd made the torture and disability to the extreme.

Wonder how others do to take care of own. I'm close to not able to get up for food.

Im sorry 4mom. Im so mad at myself for switching to wretched valium. Ive never felt so sick. You were on such a small dose for relatvely short time. The odds are in your favour for sure. Is it the back injury mostly keeping you in bed?

Bedridden after a failed rapid taper, reinstated and never stabilized. Lost my job ....

Have enough money to pay for cobra for rest if year. Don't know what to do

Sorry Byrjun. But welcome to bedridden. What is keeping you in bed? For me, crippling anxiety/depression and all its symptoms

Thank you drummerboy!

My back by itself is totally disabling for me to sit or stand or do anything, but i wouldnt be out of bed even without the back problem.  Although I believe the back made it impossible to do anything even when I feel a bit better wd wise which typically occurs in evening after my single dose around 7pm.

My brain is so dead and body so paralyzed and in constant extreme torture from the pins needles, aches, burning, stiffness, muscle spasm, crazy numbness, tingling, electric shocks, twitches, dp dr, heart palptation and breathing issues, coma like status etc.

Valium wd made the back so much worse. It constantly pulls the muscle entire my back and wasting the muscle too for back recovery.

How are you doing? What did happen to you after the switch?

Valium for me is a true killer literally, I am dying everyday, not talking from feeling desparate. I went through 5yr horrodous lexapro wd but it's not comparable in anyway to this deadly poison.

I feel much the same as you 4mom. Unrelenting chemical torture. Can hardly eat or sleep. I actually havent spoken much for years. The valium just gradually worsoned my depression but I was a few months in on it and didnt feel up to switching to another benzo again. I also went through many A/D withdrwals while I was in benzo withdrwal. I didnt know any better. Was too sick to research anything and just trusted docs. Anyway, no life at all  right now.

Oh I'm so sorry drummerboy!

I can see how much you went through from your signature.

Do you feel a bit better in some way after the drop from 4mg to 1.4mg at the current dose? Did you drop one step or gradual taper?

I dropped 0.04mg last night (8%), wd is very strong but I feel the prodoxical effect of valium is somewhat less. I may just do a few more big drops over the next few weeks or so. Valium is poisoning me like a hell, I may just bite the bullet to tough out the wd.

Sorry Byrjun. But welcome to bedridden. What is keeping you in bed? For me, crippling anxiety/depression and all its symptoms

My heartrate, and depression.

I'm on a beta blocker already (have been since before benzos), and whenever I get up to do anything it jumps super high. Cardiologist isnt concerned  ::)

Also physical pain

Byrjun, I have the same heart issues now but it started during  benzos. I have propranolol on hand for it but hate using it because it worsones my depression. So I put up with the rapid heart pounding that often wakes me up in a panic. Its a vicious cycle and I feel for ya.

I’m in the bed most of the time for 3 years now. The headache and anxiety completely taking all my energy. No window and I losing hope I ever going to heal.

I’m in the bed most of the time for 3 years now. The headache and anxiety completely taking all my energy. No window and I losing hope I ever going to heal.

Vica, I was in bed for 5 years .. I am now out of bed every day all day .. I know my symptoms are entirely different from yours but it is possible to get out of this ... I am fortunate that I have found some treatment that addresses my particular issues .. I never had windows or waves, that was simply not part of my experience. 

4mom, I read your post on the other thread and I am thinking exactly as you are. I am totally confused as to what to do with this poison. I am doing slow LMT but keep getting slammed hard after very short mediocre windows. I know I have triggers. From looking back to 4mg...hyperacusis/ tinnitus heart problems are worse now. Everything else is about the same. I too feel toxic but worsoning symptoms stop me from my desperate need to get off this crap. The only thing that keeps me going is the memory that I have had windows on valium where I was functional but not great.

Vica

I got a window after 3 years of hell that lasted for a few months. Yours could come any day. I know that how you feel now is not a good indicator of the future even if you've been ill for years. We just have to keep hanging on.

I see drummerboy, you know your body the best.

This Try and error thing alone really sucks like walking on an unknown cliff everyday.

Buddie

I want my life back!

View Profile  Personal Message (Offline)

Re: ~~The Bedridden Club~~

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 11:44:29 pm »

Coop,

Nice to see you posting here. I'm wondering if you are on a SSRI ?  Although I'm anti drug I know the danger of depression. To me depression is the most "dangerous" symptom besides the obvious(seizures etc), it can be so powerful it can take control over ones normal thinking and actions. I have hit the dark place various times during my taper and several times since jumping including today. I don't want to post what the "dark place" means but feel free to PM me if you'd like to discuss anything. I find it nice to have someone there to relate with. I'm interested in knowing how you deal with the situation when you hit a "dark place". For me it's about planning ahead of time because by the time I'm in a bad state it's too late to have thought about certain per cautious. Feel better! 

I was depressed way before I ever went on a benzo. I am off valium 24 days. I wasn’t on ativan long. I switched to Valium to get off it. I’m still stuck on 4 mg remeron. I was aggressive on the Valium. I’ve been bedridden for at least a year. I have constant diahrrea which I attribute to the ativan snd vslium. I used to pride myself in being physically active. Now I’m so physically weak I can barely walk. I hate the psychiatrist for what she’s done to me with drugs. If I tell her I’m in bed all the time she will blame it on the depression. Every time I’ve tried a drug all it’s  done is making me sick and hyper. I used effexir and trazadone for 1/3,of my life.

I’ve made an ass if myself in front of the psychiatrist. She’s trying to get rid if me, and only 4m of reneron are keeping me going to her.

Anyone else I go to is going to want the records.

She tried to pressure me into ect. And taking antipsychotics.

All I had for years was a simple case if depression. If I tell them im bedridden for half the day, they will use it as proof that I’m in a severe depression.

I don’t know what to do.

Just get off everything and hope for a miracle??

I am not functioning at all. I’m not doing any daily living skills. My husband has been taking care of me like I am a child.

They completely dismiss the benzo wd theory. They won’t admit they are bad ir cause any physical

problems.

Meanwhile I have no emotions. Except anger and hatred toward them.

If I thought drugs ir ect would help me, I’d do it in a minute.

Hello all,

I figured we needed a group like this here. I had been bedridden a lot during the last 25% of my taper. Now at almost 2 months out I am more sick than ever and find my self on my back 80% of the time day in and day out.

I have literally had to crawl to the washroom at times, it's been hell.

I can certainly describe my symptoms further.

Anyone care to share there symptoms and story?

:)

Fonz

Just call me scared rabbit. That should be my name. I’ve been bedridden for awhile. Although going off benzos has not helped matters, I think bring bedridden has had to do more with depression and anxiety.ive been off Valium for 28 days. I’ve had a lot of anxiety and some stomach issues. When I was taking ativan I was throwing up a lot. I already had gerd. I never put it together till now, I can keep stuff down. But I’m still o 3.5 mg of remeron. This wd from this is not fun. No sleep last night.

I’ve been forcing myself out of bed in the morning, but my husband has to do it. I just lay there. That’s all I do. It’s disgusting. I am disgusted by it.my last posts did not show up. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong.

Trying to see if this post will show. I am in the bed. It’s disgusting.i don’t want to do this! It’s more emotional than physical. I don’t want to do this!

Hoping4help

Don't  be so hard on yourself.  You have done well getting down on the valium and are on a very low dose of Mirtazapine.  The emotional/mental turmoil is what keeps me in bed also so I understand that part well. I found Valium can be extremely depressing. Get up as soon as you're the slightest bit able.  I know laying in bed is as addictive as benzos.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm not physically bedridden but I am mentally, for the most part. It started a few months prior to ending Clonazepam and might be unrelated to its withdrawal so I'm not sure if I belong here. I think it was mostly situational, coupled with long-term mental health issues that have just made it a safe place for me. I probably spend 95% of my time in bed, though I'm able to prepare meals, sometimes help around the house and check the mail. I've even started trying to implement exercise into my routine. Before ending Clonazepam, I spent most of my time sleeping (day and night) but my daytime has improved a lot two weeks into withdrawal and I no longer feel as tired. The downside is that I feel very anxious and conscious of being in bed sometimes. It's difficult to discuss but also helpful since I'm unable to see my psychologist. I do make a very purposeful attempt to go out every month or so with my partner so that I don't induce a kind of agoraphobic-related anxiety, but I only feel okay with it knowing that it's all that is required of me. I can handle once a month but anything more seems like an impossibility at this point and I'm not sure that it's what I want. I feel okay most days but do try to continuously distract myself and it's hard to meaningfully dedicate myself to anything. My anxiety is so bad most days that just managing seems like a feat in itself, and I don't want to further it. There isn't a lot that I want to engage in anymore. It sounds depressive but again I think it's related to anxiety more than anything else.