Important Survey - Please Participate ×

~~The Bedridden Club~~

[...]

Hi all I’m posting this all over the place trying to get feedback. I’m sorry for your suffering. I seem to be practically bedridden for different different reasons. I’m having Oversedation I believe to be from too high of dose that’s worsened after I quit smoking to where I just want to lay in bed or google. No motivation to shower etc.

I know I’ve been wanting to be so cautious & scared to start taper, but am ready now & convinced my extraordinary fatigue is due to high dose k pin & cant function like this way anymore. Bella made me nice dlmt charts but it seems I can’t go fast enough to relieve fatigue. Just started today though. Coffee doesn’t wake me up.

But do you remember in the beginning of your taper if we’re on a relatively high k pin dose(I’m on 3.5mg/day)ever making cuts larger than 10% of daily dose and avoiding withdrawal symptoms?

Anyone do this due to excessive sedation? Did the larger cuts remove the sedation without adding withdrawal?

Anyone please feel free to chime in. I’m sooooo tired I can’t deal. Trying to start new dlmt with compounded pharm liquid but I took it this am & just want to go back to sleep,(that’s been my norm for awhile though)can’t tell if maybe I’m even more tired on the liquid. Could it be stronger than pills? I also got a gurgle tummy post dose & feel sort of like i took a shot.

Thoughts on dry cutting .125mg from 6a. .5, 12pm .5, 6pm .5 leave bedtime dose @ 2mg

Or cutting .25 from first 2 doses of day leave all else alone or dlmt 3rd dose while doing this leaving bed dose, as tabs. These would put me above 10% reduction off total daily dose.

I don’t want to mess my taper up by cutting too much too soon, but can’t take the scary fatigue.

Any ideas welcome.

Anyone with excessive fatigue, on high dose feel better after, no withdrawal from fairly large cuts early in taper? Details?

What are thoughts on the following also:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=204137.msg2646166#msg2646166

Please help

Thank you

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [lo...]

• [La...]

• [ra...]

• [Di...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in a wave and can't get up because of depression. I can't seem to think and I'm scared. Only two weeks ago I was fairly active. Anyone like this?

I've been very active but at 16 months hit a wave of horror. I've been bedridden for two months and it's all physical.

I'm still bedridden. I have no idea how long this wave is going to last. Feel sorry for my bf because it can't be easy living with somebody like this. I got up yesterday and tried to do things but my mind is telling me to rest today.

So why is everyone here bedridden? What are you symptoms? How long have you been bedridden? How far off are you?

Did you just wrap your nervous system in cotton wool and let it heal?

Any time I have any energy I make the mistake of trying to push through the anxiety to do something, but my nervous system ends up WRECKED

To the people in this thread that say they can’t watch TV can you please describe your symptoms if you try to watch TV? Just want to compare them to what I’m experiencing. Thank you :thumbsup:

Stuck: My experiences to movies, have completely changed, unfortunately to the negative. Perhaps, that is due to acute withdrawal? Then, TV was something very scary, and the music was so nasty. The picture, was in front of the TV, grey, and divided into small pieces. It was, as I was a director, and it's still.

I can't enjoy! Know, there are a lot of people, and TV teams nearby. I experience actors, like very spoiled people (sorry). They, have long been sitting in front of the mirror, for hair and makeup. If they fall, it's on a thick mattress. Others, who don't get the honor, do stunts. The people, in the background, are more interesting.

It's very sad, it's like this. But now, I'd rather look at documentaries and nature programs, it's more genuine. Sweden love "Pitbulls & parolees!" Tia, and her daughters, are amazing!

Can you experience the same thing?

Dear All,

I am new on this thread and even I am not in bed all day, I feel that I share a lot with you. I get out of bed, moved to the sofa and browse this site or some tv which btw is not in english or a known language so I watch documentaries about nature, animals...My husband helps with almost everything...so I'd like to ask you how you manage to do the grocery shopping, cooking and other stuff. Do you have somebody to help you?

Hugs to all of you,

Mary

if i do too much, my heart starts pounding and hurting like hell, i'm out of breathe and i start dislocating joints. So i'm bedridden too. God i wish i never took those meds.

Mentor: thank you for your support, I am so grateful! Now, it's backlash again, and I'm sitting here on the sofa, totally sleepless. Feeling completely apathetic about this hellish situation, does it never end? Still don´t want to go out, is it summer or winter? I don´t know! :)

I found that by year 4 I could do a little of most things. The one caveat being that any physical activity would bring a backlash. 

All the time I see people here recommending exercise, doctors too. unfortunately this is not valid in bad withdrawals. Anything that revs up your system will lead to a setback in my experience.

This includes things like drinking caffeinated beverages, tobacco or sugar. Just stay away till year 5 is complete. Obviously alcohol is also a stimulate as it leaves your system so that too must wait.

FYI, I never got to full recovery but at 85-90% better than I was, I am thrilled and frankly surprised to be so functional.

Yes, in serious withdrawals it takes 5 years of avoiding all the things you mention.

So why is everyone here bedridden? What are you symptoms? How long have you been bedridden? How far off are you?

Speaking for myself, for example, it was physically exhausting taking a shower in the morning. So much so that it was common for me to have to lay back down after the shower before I could completely dry off and get dressed.

Thea asked: "Why bedridden?"

ASHTONS MANUAL:

The nerves to the muscles are hyperexcitable, leading to tremor, tics, jerks, spasm and twitching, and jumping at the smallest stimulus. All this constant activity contributes to a feeling of fatigue and weakness ("jelly-legs").

Are most of the people that are bedridden people who cold turkeyed themselves or someone else cold turkeyed them? Or people that tapered too fast by choice or not?

Thanks & hope your all feeling better ASAP. SC

• 3 weeks later...
[a4...]

I can't do this anymore. I'm constantly so terrified and depressed. Afraid to go outside but afraid to be inside too. Can't distract. I don't think I can exist this way anymore it's been two years since my reinstatement. I'm losing my mind.

Edit: Sorry, I was going through a rough episode when I posted this. I think I need to take a break from posting for a while. I don't want to trigger anyone I'm just looking for reassurance I guess. I'm sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't do this anymore. I'm constantly so terrified and depressed. Afraid to go outside but afraid to be inside too. Can't distract. I don't think I can exist this way anymore it's been two years since my reinstatement. I'm losing my mind.

Edit: Sorry, I was going through a rough episode when I posted this. I think I need to take a break from posting for a while. I don't want to trigger anyone I'm just looking for reassurance I guess. I'm sorry.

Hope you feel better soon. I’ve a long ng history of failed antidepressants & havnt even gotten into my k taper yet just a cut too big reinstatement now crossover to new generic that’s knocked into a very scary depression. I decided to give lexapro(escitalopram) a try again has helped in the past, not perfect but picked up out of bad dump. Sorry no good news to report, but has only been 8 days. I think I’m feeling worse than before starting it. The reason I’m writing is to tell you as someone that has been through being a major guinie pig, when got too dark, I finally pushed my fear to try another p med aside & am trying again. The other reason I’m telling you, is it’s sucking worse than I can ever remember starting up a psych med sucking & possibly making me more depressed, hopefully before making me feel better, but maybe not, so telling you to help not feel so alone & maybe you try & just hang in there & wait it out & you’ll be just as well. Point being. Am sorry you’re suffering. Please do what you feel necessary, not involving self harm to feel better. Hope that made sense, SC

[a4...]
Yeah I tried to go back on Celexa as it was the only antidepressant that I tolerated even remotely ok and it made me sick to the point of throwing up so I stopped. I'm at a loss for what to do.

Yeah I tried to go back on Celexa as it was the only antidepressant that I tolerated even remotely ok and it made me sick to the point of throwing up so I stopped. I'm at a loss for what to do.

I’m so sorry to hear. I’ve no experience with this stuff can only repeat what I’ve heard others try: do a long hold & tell yourself you’re going to be ok, it’s only the benzo, hold until you feel better, if your in a legal state try mmj & CBD oil(if your ok with that), communicate on here with others what your going through, get it out & hopefully get some supportive feedback, updose.

Have you checked out the long hold support group? Very supportive, strong peeps over there with much experience. It’s predominantly chicks, but one guy cant, is a regular & others visit. Plus who cares it’s a nice group of people with much experience & ones that have obviously had taper difficulty, thus the long holds.

Good luck. Hang in there.

[a4...]
Yeah I've tried holds in the past and they didn't seem to help. I feel like once you're kindled and in tolerance holding may not help. But that's just my opinion.

Yeah I've tried holds in the past and they didn't seem to help. I feel like once you're kindled and in tolerance holding may not help. But that's just my opinion.

Hm... well I’m sorry couldn’t be more helpful. Just said a prayer for you. I hope someone can come through with some helpful tips for you. Maybe check out any other groups that could be helpful or you could still pop in the lhsg & just say I don’t think a hold will help but heard you might have other suggestions on here & explain where your at?..

Best wishes, hang on, you’ll get there, keep reaching out, SC

Billy hope you feel better soon

Fuzzy, how bout the k club group?

Hope all feel better, I’m up the lexapro, generic, start up side effects creek without a paddle so can barely help myself right now sorry peeps hang tight, SC

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys

So I'm basically at a point now where I'm so bedridden that going to the bathroom has become a challenge. My mobility / POTS like symptoms has slowly gotten worse over the past year but it has really caught up to me over the pat 3 months. My mother died around 2 months ago and I literally killed myself to  get to the hospital every day in my condition so I'm wondering if that has had an impact on this. I have also spend probably 75% of time in bed over the past 12 months due to cfs like issues but now it's to the point where I physically cannot stand.

I get about a 30-60 second window of standing before my vision goes completely blurry and I start feeling dizzy and faint and then agitation usually follows along with other neurogiacal symptoms. , if I don't lay recumbent soon after it really revs up my withdrawal in general. It's very debilitating and I'm dealing with crippling pelvic pain and spasms, lots of burning etc.

I'd say that I'm probably in bed 99% of the time, the only time I really leave is to get something to eat very quickly to avoid passing out or to go to the bathroom. I'm worried about further deconditioning as I am severely kindled and still have 6.2mg of Diazepam to taper. I haven't ben able to make any cuts at all lately. Could this be a mast cell / histamine issue? Because from what I've been reading, benzo pots isn't like true pots.

Can anyone relate to my story? I can't really express how bad this has gotten for me but I'm sure I'm not alone.. I've been pondering a full reinstatement as I don't know how to sustain this for too much longer. I've been at this for 5 years  :'( :'(

Would appreciate any responses or input

Staunch