• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [lo...]

• [La...]

• [ra...]

• [Di...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[97...]
I was feeling so awful that I took 5 mg's of Valium that I had left over. Probably not the smartest idea but I desperately needed some relief.

Fuzzy, I understand you. I don`t know what to do, if I found a little blue, shimmering Xanax.I have desperately searched in boxes, cabinets and under the carpet. When it had been 5 months, I found one. I looked at it for 3 seconds, then took a small cut. What a difference! The body became so soft and comfortable. I know. :)

Sometimes, I wish I found one, just to get a little rest. Then, I take care of the laundry and clean. Just for a little moment. But, when it has been 27 months, I can`t do that. I'm lucky I can`t find any tablets, then I don`t know how it would go.

[97...]
I have so far to go on my taper that I didn't even care. I have to survive getting off of Klonopin first above all else which honestly from a place of tolerance feels impossible without some sort of help coming from something else.

Hi everyone. Thanks for the offer of coffee, Azalea. I made a tiny cut in my Valium and now I am in bed. Cannot function. Just know that if I tried to do things then I would be even more exhausted. How much longer is this going to go on? Still got to come down from 5.3mg V and then loads of other things.

Thanks Azalea. It's not in ideal circumstances that you find me here but it can't be helped. I managed to get up, do the washing up from yesterday, feed the cat, sort out her litter tray and get myself something to eat. Now I am back in bed. My Mum is coming to visit tomorrow. If I'm like this then I will really struggle. She doesn't understand the need to be in bed and I have to drag myself up and sit on the sofa like a zombie. I can't put her off because she is collecting my brother's birthday present. How are you, Sweetie? Are you in bed today?

Hmmm. I've watched some of it. Fawlty Towers is/was very popular but it's not really my thing. Have you ever watched Blackadder?  :)  Gxxx

I’ll check, thanks 💒I’m at all places at one Fe

And then the spell (word speller / text edit ) is obviously out of hand— see above sentence ^ .

• 2 weeks later...

After 28 months, from a CT, I no longer need to be bedside. I can sit on the couch, and write on the computer. I can also go to the bathroom, without being completely destroyed. But I'm tired, and very sensitive to stress. But in some way, something has begun to loosen. My fear and anxiety, has turned to irritation, but of two bad things I prefer this. But you never know, what the withdrawal decides. At one moment, it may feel a little better, and in the next - BAM! But I try to be positive, and hope for the best.

How is it going for you? :)

• 3 weeks later...

After 28 months, from a CT, I no longer need to be bedside. I can sit on the couch, and write on the computer. I can also go to the bathroom, without being completely destroyed. But I'm tired, and very sensitive to stress. But in some way, something has begun to loosen. My fear and anxiety, has turned to irritation, but of two bad things I prefer this. But you never know, what the withdrawal decides. At one moment, it may feel a little better, and in the next - BAM! But I try to be positive, and hope for the best.

How is it going for you? :)

That is about where I was at 28 months. House bound the 3rd year but after 5 years I was  functional, there is hope.

At 28 months or 3 years or 4 I simply did not believe I would ever be able to function normal again. Turns out it is true, you do continue to  improve.

You are not alone and you really do improve.  ;)

Mentor: thank you for your support, I am so grateful! Now, it's backlash again, and I'm sitting here on the sofa, totally sleepless. Feeling completely apathetic about this hellish situation, does it never end? Still don´t want to go out, is it summer or winter? I don´t know! :)

Mentor: thank you for your support, I am so grateful! Now, it's backlash again, and I'm sitting here on the sofa, totally sleepless. Feeling completely apathetic about this hellish situation, does it never end? Still don´t want to go out, is it summer or winter? I don´t know! :)

I found that by year 4 I could do a little of most things. The one caveat being that any physical activity would bring a backlash. 

All the time I see people here recommending exercise, doctors too. unfortunately this is not valid in bad withdrawals. Anything that revs up your system will lead to a setback in my experience.

This includes things like drinking caffeinated beverages, tobacco or sugar. Just stay away till year 5 is complete. Obviously alcohol is also a stimulate as it leaves your system so that too must wait.

FYI, I never got to full recovery but at 85-90% better than I was, I am thrilled and frankly surprised to be so functional.

Have you guys been bedridden the entire time or at some point. I'm 18 months and have been bedridden since 16 1/2.

Thead: I was completely bedridden for 27 months. The first sign of recovery, was that I can now sit and write. I'm still very weak, and need to rest sometimes. But, it's not all the time, as it was before. I hope you will be better soon! :)

Thead: I was completely bedridden for 27 months. The first sign of recovery, was that I can now sit and write. I'm still very weak, and need to rest sometimes. But, it's not all the time, as it was before. I hope you will be better soon! :)

I'd say 3 years for me depending on the definition of bedridden and house bound.

Not a big difference but at the time it seems a bit different.

I'm so so sorry you guys that brings tears to my eyes. Mine has been during this wave so six weeks tomorrow. Before that I was pretty active.