Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Z-Drug Support Group (Lunesta, Imovane, Zimovane, Ambien, Sonata, Zopiclone)

[Wo...]

Hello,

I have taken zolpidem for years on and off. Last 3 months my anxiety built up and I started taking daily, up to 25 mg per day, divided in three doses. Anxiety was increasing daily till it became consuming. Staring at walls for hours with palpitations and looping nasty thoughts.

Funny thing (not) in Italy it goes by prescription, but I was able to buy it a few times even without prescription. For the pharmacist it was enough to know “ I already was familiar with it”. What a joke.

I stopped 12 days ago, and had 5 rough days with insomnia, aches and pains, headaches, super anxiety. After that better, close to back to normal.

In your experience, did I get away easily, or am I to expect some more withdrawal symptoms along the line. I now understand my dose was fairly high and ct is not advices. Thank you for your opinion.

Today again a really tough morning/noon. Feel depressed. The sun shining here, so I think I will go out for a walk. I am now +/- three weeks on the same dosage of zopiclone.  :thumbsup: Jerry

Is this depression what they call a wave?

Yes I get morning dread too. Lady ur right it’s dehydration but it’s also low sugar. If we try to keep or sugar levels stable it can help. The advice is to eat a snack like whole grain crackers with cheese or an apple with nut butter before bed. I eat an almond milk magnum  :-X but I weighed myself yesterday and no more magnums for me. 2 years ago I scared people with my appearance I looked terminally ill. Last year I was still extremely thin so I thought we’ll I need to gain some weight. Well.... I’m not 8kgs over my normal weight  :D so it’s time to rein it in again.

I have been doing a little better lately. I won’t go into it too much coz I don’t want to jinx it. I am coming up to my 8th day of dlmt and so far it’s okay. I’m thinking I would have felt something by now if it was going to bite me in the bum so I am going to do my next step tomorrow maybe taking 10% out. Today also marks 2 months off zopiclone  :thumbsup:

So to celebrate I went and got a haircut and pedicure  :)

I hate spending money on myself but I think I needed a treat. It was so nice x

Lady it’s ur 5 1/2 month anniversary today too huh? Woohoo!

Jerry u are doing great and soon u will be counting ur months off too!

My mornings are also the most difficult parts of the day for me. I am not sure if it is zopiclone related, because I also use other medication. My cat is sleeping next to me, I wish that I could change with him once in a while. He is so calm and relaxed.

Jerry

Hello,

I have taken zolpidem for years on and off. Last 3 months my anxiety built up and I started taking daily, up to 25 mg per day, divided in three doses. Anxiety was increasing daily till it became consuming. Staring at walls for hours with palpitations and looping nasty thoughts.

Funny thing (not) in Italy it goes by prescription, but I was able to buy it a few times even without prescription. For the pharmacist it was enough to know “ I already was familiar with it”. What a joke.

I stopped 12 days ago, and had 5 rough days with insomnia, aches and pains, headaches, super anxiety. After that better, close to back to normal.

In your experience, did I get away easily, or am I to expect some more withdrawal symptoms along the line. I now understand my dose was fairly high and ct is not advices. Thank you for your opinion.

Hello welcome to z thread. I would say since u haven’t been taking it for years every day, and u have only been taking it daily for the last 3 months and u feel ok after ct, u will probably get better and better as long as u stay off. But, there are exceptions where people go into waves after they ct where symptoms ramp up. It’s impossible to say because everyone is different. Coming from someone who has had to fight for 2 years to get off these pills, my opinion is to throw what u have left out, and never take another one as long as u live.

Yes I get morning dread too. Lady ur right it’s dehydration but it’s also low sugar. If we try to keep or sugar levels stable it can help. The advice is to eat a snack like whole grain crackers with cheese or an apple with nut butter before bed. I eat an almond milk magnum  :-X but I weighed myself yesterday and no more magnums for me. 2 years ago I scared people with my appearance I looked terminally ill. Last year I was still extremely thin so I thought we’ll I need to gain some weight. Well.... I’m not 8kgs over my normal weight  :D so it’s time to rein it in again.

I have been doing a little better lately. I won’t go into it too much coz I don’t want to jinx it. I am coming up to my 8th day of dlmt and so far it’s okay. I’m thinking I would have felt something by now if it was going to bite me in the bum so I am going to do my next step tomorrow maybe taking 10% out. Today also marks 2 months off zopiclone  :thumbsup:

So to celebrate I went and got a haircut and pedicure  :)

I hate spending money on myself but I think I needed a treat. It was so nice x

Lady it’s ur 5 1/2 month anniversary today too huh? Woohoo!

Jerry u are doing great and soon u will be counting ur months off too!

My mornings are also the most difficult parts of the day for me. I am not sure if it is zopiclone related, because I also use other medication. My cat is sleeping next to me, I wish that I could change with him once in a while. He is so calm and relaxed.

Jerry

Jerry I think the same about my cats! When I can’t sleep I watch them and just think can I pinch like 4 hours of ur sleep? U won’t miss it!

Most people here feel worse in the morning jerry. I know I do. Depression can definitely be waves. When I’m in a wave I get horribly depressed some days I can’t stop crying. Then the next day I’ll be totally fine. I think u are in a wave for sure. Go for that walk it will help x

Shayna, thanks for sharing your opinion. I have thrown it out already, as well as my prescription with 3 more refills. Lesson learned. Sorry to hear about your struggle.

Well done x I’m so glad u got off this poison before it took over. U may feel off for a while but that’s to be expected. Eat well, look after ur mental health, relax!

La Dolce Far Niente! This needs to be ur mantra.  :)

Haha yes that is a great mantra  :)

Thanks for your kindness. I just feel really lucky. The drug was eating my brain, thought I was going crazy with the inter dose withdrawal and was forgetting tons of stuff.

Wish you the best with your journey!

I discovered a song, Obrigado! From Buscemi, that I played and danced on often when I was studying a year in Copenhagen, Denmark. Untill now it was the best year of my life, such a nice special place, so many wonderful people and friends. So many parties and staying up all night. Such a great school situated in old marine barracks/buildings. Such a great city. We had the feeling everything was possible.  That was before being on any medication. I hope that something of that old me comes back when I am off zopiclone.  :thumbsup: Jerry

This is the song;

On youtube;

On spotify;

https://link.tospotify.com/BgfkR7jIJbb

No swimming for me today. But I will play some sax then, around 4 O’clock I think.  :thumbsup: Jerry

I played on my soprano with a new reed... went quite well...

Hello Friends,

Nice to read your check-ins and challenges and JOYS!! Lots of joys I see!

Globetrotter: Woo Hoo, wish I'd tossed mine a couple of decades ago!

Lady, Shay and Jerry: thanks for the fun links! Lady, love this new discovery, how's the moving going?! What Shay?!!! Was that a real or virtual rollercoaster ride!! Glad you're feeling some progress!!! Haircut and pedicure sound wonderful!!! Jerry--very nice memories!

Deanna, how's the earthing pad feeling?

I'm sleeping better again after the first night of this taper, 7 hrs mostly. Finally read Chapter III of Ashton Manual last night. The very weird sensory stimulus problems I've had for so long have to be from taking ambien. So mad I kept taking it. Oh well, that's over now. I actually feel much happier most mornings, now that I'm tapering and taking no other supplementary meds to "help" me sleep as the ambien wasn't working. I just stay in bed until it gets light, stretch, read, etc. But I also have moods and distress that visit me. I am feeling quite sensitive and have cried hard over a couple of things. But just let it out and move on. Also, I tend to overreact---as if some mistake is the end of the world. I hate that but I have more empathy for myself after reading about what the Z drugs do to us.

Today we woke up to frost so will go for a walk much later in the day. Enjoying my husband home for 4 days. Got stressed and fibromyalgia flare from making Thanksgiving dinner yesterday so most important to rest and relax and be peaceful today.

Love to all! :-*

Look what I did today...  :D I had a rough night but went anyway. I forgot completely I am in wd. It was awesome to escape 8)

Shayna!! How in the world did you do that?  My nervous system could never have handled that!  KUDOS!!!

Hello Team Z!

It has been a lovely several days as my daughter and son-in-law are visiting and lots of commotion, activity, eating and talking.  The first day all together I managed just fine, and was tired yesterday but had to push through because it was Thanksgiving after all and I did alot of the cooking and directing of activities.  Today I am definitely more tired but the best thing is this several day window with all the activity and such has been longer than usual.  I have to attribute it to the earthing pad I'm using.

Started using it Tuesday night, and slept very well!  Woke up with less symptoms (except for the morning dread which I keep at bay with water and orange juice) Wed and Thursday.  The real test was last night I woke up at 3:30am with what felt like a fibro-pain episode coming on, but I hydrated, did my deep breathing and kept my mind calm and it was so minimal..no pain actually flared.  I hate to jinx it but I think this has been a huge step forward for me.  Of course the joy of being with my children also work to lower the cortisol.  We watched a comedian last night and I laughed till I cried  :D

Hello Friends,

Nice to read your check-ins and challenges and JOYS!! Lots of joys I see!

Globetrotter: Woo Hoo, wish I'd tossed mine a couple of decades ago!

Lady, Shay and Jerry: thanks for the fun links! Lady, love this new discovery, how's the moving going?! What Shay?!!! Was that a real or virtual rollercoaster ride!! Glad you're feeling some progress!!! Haircut and pedicure sound wonderful!!! Jerry--very nice memories!

Deanna, how's the earthing pad feeling?

I'm sleeping better again after the first night of this taper, 7 hrs mostly. Finally read Chapter III of Ashton Manual last night. The very weird sensory stimulus problems I've had for so long have to be from taking ambien. So mad I kept taking it. Oh well, that's over now. I actually feel much happier most mornings, now that I'm tapering and taking no other supplementary meds to "help" me sleep as the ambien wasn't working. I just stay in bed until it gets light, stretch, read, etc. But I also have moods and distress that visit me. I am feeling quite sensitive and have cried hard over a couple of things. But just let it out and move on. Also, I tend to overreact---as if some mistake is the end of the world. I hate that but I have more empathy for myself after reading about what the Z drugs do to us.

Today we woke up to frost so will go for a walk much later in the day. Enjoying my husband home for 4 days. Got stressed and fibromyalgia flare from making Thanksgiving dinner yesterday so most important to rest and relax and be peaceful today.

Love to all! :-*

Hi kachina that is a real rollercoaster but I’m now in a wave so maybe a coincidence but maybe not too. I’m so glad ur still sleeping well. Are u at 7.5 now?

Look what I did today...  :D I had a rough night but went anyway. I forgot completely I am in wd. It was awesome to escape 8)

Shayna!! How in the world did you do that?  My nervous system could never have handled that!  KUDOS!!!

Well... I went straight into a wave dee soo... but it was so much fun! X

Hello Team Z!

It has been a lovely several days as my daughter and son-in-law are visiting and lots of commotion, activity, eating and talking.  The first day all together I managed just fine, and was tired yesterday but had to push through because it was Thanksgiving after all and I did alot of the cooking and directing of activities.  Today I am definitely more tired but the best thing is this several day window with all the activity and such has been longer than usual.  I have to attribute it to the earthing pad I'm using.

Started using it Tuesday night, and slept very well!  Woke up with less symptoms (except for the morning dread which I keep at bay with water and orange juice) Wed and Thursday.  The real test was last night I woke up at 3:30am with what felt like a fibro-pain episode coming on, but I hydrated, did my deep breathing and kept my mind calm and it was so minimal..no pain actually flared.  I hate to jinx it but I think this has been a huge step forward for me.  Of course the joy of being with my children also work to lower the cortisol.  We watched a comedian last night and I laughed till I cried  :D

Wow dee I’m so happy for u sounds like u have had a wonderful thanksgiving x so wonderful the earthing pad is working! It sounds great x are u able to share the link for the one u bought xx if it gives u windows like this I need one  :smitten:

I hope it continues for you dee x

Wooowww... nothing for me at the moment... but great that you did this ride! When I was a kid I went in a big one and I loved it!

It was so fun jerry. I went backwards too. U can’t see where ur going so it’s pretty crazy. This clip shows backwards too

It may have put me in a wave but I go into waves for no reason too.

Are u down to 3.75 + 1/4 now jerry?

Wow I'm gone for 2 days and come back to y'all going crazy!  :laugh:  rollercoaster (shay) crying spells (kachina) overdoing it (Dee) LOL the only one behaving is jerry.  :laugh: Just kidding.....I'm very happy to hear that you all are staying active and enjoying life as best as you can. I hope all of you had a wonderful thanksgiving as I sure did. I had to pace myself so I needed the day before to prepare for thanksgiving. Thanksgiving day I spent with family. I'm happy to report that I also did very well. I sat at the table with my family to eat. Also walked outside for longer than I normally could and supervised getting my holiday decorations put up. Just like the rest of you, I'm paying for that nice day with a wave but it's not as bad as before. I agree with Kachina that were making good progress in healing. Awesome!!!!! Keep up the good work , Team Z!

Ummm Shay....you might want to stay off the rollercoaster  :laugh: but I must admit that you're definitely a bad aZz Aussie for doing that while in acute WD! Wow  :thumbsup: love & hugs to you all

Hahahaha Lady makes me laugh!! Bad ass Aussie!! I cannot believe that ride was real, YEAH BABY! And Lady is dancing in the street supervising holiday decorating. Christmas in summer weather Shay? YES, I'm at 7.50mg. When I see you type it it sounds cool, lol.

I'm listening to your song Jerry, sounds old fashioned, makes me think of my grandmother and great grandmother! Very sweet. 1934 I think I like Duke Ellington, thanks.

Deeanna!!! WOW, so awesome!! What comedian?!!?!? I think my cortisol is too high...

Wow I'm gone for 2 days and come back to y'all going crazy!  :laugh:  rollercoaster (shay) crying spells (kachina) overdoing it (Dee) LOL the only one behaving is jerry.  :laugh: Just kidding.....I'm very happy to hear that you all are staying active and enjoying life as best as you can. I hope all of you had a wonderful thanksgiving as I sure did. I had to pace myself so I needed the day before to prepare for thanksgiving. Thanksgiving day I spent with family. I'm happy to report that I also did very well. I sat at the table with my family to eat. Also walked outside for longer than I normally could and supervised getting my holiday decorations put up. Just like the rest of you, I'm paying for that nice day with a wave but it's not as bad as before. I agree with Kachina that were making good progress in healing. Awesome!!!!! Keep up the good work , Team Z!

Ummm Shay....you might want to stay off the rollercoaster  :laugh: but I must admit that you're definitely a bad aZz Aussie for doing that while in acute WD! Wow  :thumbsup: love & hugs to you all

Agreed! I’m on another rollercoaster now... and I don’t need to leave the couch. Just kidding, I was struggling this morning having a big cry after no sleep. So I put my big girl pants on and went to the water park.  8)

Shiver me timber’s Lady I can’t believe the progress for u that is huge news!!!! Our team finally gets a win!!!! Woohoo! Take that jack and Davy u miserable pirates piss off already  :D