Z-Drug Support Group (Lunesta, Imovane, Zimovane, Ambien, Sonata, Zopiclone)

[Wo...]

Deanna it will get better! Shayna is right. Everyone has their own Z drug affects personally. It has similarities but different manifestations according to your individual body make up. The same with healing progress...according to what part of the brain it affected most. This shows up as your worst symptoms. There's a post on here by a buddy named Parker. It's called What's happening in your brain. That helped me soooooooooo much. I strongly admonish you both to read it. One of the suggested helps is to trick your brain....if you're restless, take a warm bath or shower. If your skin is burning use ice pack etc.Deanna don't be discouraged. It will get better. I've even told my pains to get the heck out of here or told it WELCOME I see you've come to heal me a bit. :D

Shayna I had a doctor as well that supported me getting off the Ambien and gave me her personal number. She told me that I've taught her much about these drugs and how to taper her other patients. Those pills were very tough to cut and get the right dose. I figured out a clever way to do it. I showed her and the medical students she was guiding in her clinic. My neurologist wife is a psychologist and told her husband to tell me that she commends me for getting off the Ambien because it's one of the hardest to get off especially the first try. I did it on the first try cuz I did my homework and used this site

So I’ll be reducing for another 6 mths if I do 10% reduction. Does anyone else think that’s excessive? Is it 10% every 2 weeks in Ashton manual or 1-2 weeks?

Shayna be safe not sorry....GO SLOW! You do not want seizures or collapsing like I did. Don't underestimate the Z. 2 weeks then reduce 5%. The end is important to go slow because looking at it from this perspective-  10% of 100 is 10 right? But 10% of 10 is 1. That's barely anything compared to the 10% of 100. That tiny bit packs a mean punch! So if I were you, I'd do 5% every 2 weeks. I know it will drag it out but the reward is better on your body when acute withdrawal hits. As far as Valium, try not to take it cuz you'll have to slowly taper it as well.

You think your cog fog is bad? Check out this joke

3 old sisters have been very close knit all their lives. Each of them lived alone until old age caught up to them. So they decided to move in together to help each other. One night, after dinner, one sister said " I'm going upstairs to take a bath" once up there, she ran the water, got undressed and put one foot in the tub then FROZE... She yelled " hey, was I getting in or getting out? Somebody come help me". The other sister said " oh no let me go help that poor soul" She started up the stairs then FROZE... She said " oh dear! Was I going up the steps or down? Help!" The third sister laughed at them both and shaking her head she said  " I'm gonna knock on wood that I'm not as bad as those two!" Then she knocked on the door and FROZE!!!! She said. " somebody's knocking on the door sisters! Was it the front door or the back?"  :laugh:

What is your worst tolerance symptom? Mine is height anxiety....

Boatiness. Feeling like I'm constantly on a rocking boat. When laying down it feels as if someone is pulling or pushing me plus being on a boat. A personal carnival fun house without the caramel apples, cotton candy and funnel cakes. Now that's just wrong!  :laugh:

Deanna it will get better! Shayna is right. Everyone has their own Z drug affects personally. It has similarities but different manifestations according to your individual body make up. The same with healing progress...according to what part of the brain it affected most. This shows up as your worst symptoms. There's a post on here by a buddy named Parker. It's called What's happening in your brain. That helped me soooooooooo much. I strongly admonish you both to read it. One of the suggested helps is to trick your brain....if you're restless, take a warm bath or shower. If your skin is burning use ice pack etc.Deanna don't be discouraged. It will get better. I've even told my pains to get the heck out of here or told it WELCOME I see you've come to heal me a bit. :D

Shayna I had a doctor as well that supported me getting off the Ambien and gave me her personal number. She told me that I've taught her much about these drugs and how to taper her other patients. Those pills were very tough to cut and get the right dose. I figured out a clever way to do it. I showed her and the medical students she was guiding in her clinic. My neurologist wife is a psychologist and told her husband to tell me that she commends me for getting off the Ambien because it's one of the hardest to get off especially the first try. I did it on the first try cuz I did my homework and used this site

We are teaching drs. This makes me both proud and sad, but at least the next person won’t suffer like we have. Yes Deanna Parker’s post is excellent I’ll try to find it and post it here x

So I’ll be reducing for another 6 mths if I do 10% reduction. Does anyone else think that’s excessive? Is it 10% every 2 weeks in Ashton manual or 1-2 weeks?

Shayna be safe not sorry....GO SLOW! You do not want seizures or collapsing like I did. Don't underestimate the Z. 2 weeks then reduce 5%. The end is important to go slow because looking at it from this perspective-  10% of 100 is 10 right? But 10% of 10 is 1. That's barely anything compared to the 10% of 100. That tiny bit packs a mean punch! So if I were you, I'd do 5% every 2 weeks. I know it will drag it out but the reward is better on your body when acute withdrawal hits. As far as Valium, try not to take it cuz you'll have to slowly taper it as well.

I know.... that’s exactly how my pdoc explained it. He said ur dropping the tail too fast shay, ur jumbo jet is gunna crash land. (Pfft) I’m gunna get a diamond scale and a nail file, I think I’m gunna do the Valium slowly at the same time.

My Dr was impressed that I got off as well!! She said so many ppl have a hard time giving it up!! I feel like a warrior!  I finally have my annual physical in a couple weeks and I can't wait to share my experience with her.

And I absolutely LOVE Parker's post about what's going on in your brain.  I read it like once a week!!!

U are a warrior Deanna. Here’s a funny story. Every time just after a bad wave, Destiny’s child song I’m a survivor comes on the radio. I’m not lying! I just laugh and sing along. I feel like someone’s trying to tell me something.....  :angel:

U are a warrior Deanna. Here’s a funny story. Every time just after a bad wave, Destiny’s child song I’m a survivor comes on the radio. I’m not lying! I just laugh and sing along. I feel like someone’s trying to tell me something.....  :angel:

Yes we are survivors! It's speaking to you girl. I always hear the song that my friend smokie norful sings STILL SAY THANK YOU. It's how life kicks our butt but God brings us through so even though it's hard still say thank you.

It helps doesn’t it. Also this song is on the radio a lot lately, get out ur Kleenex

Touching song! Thx for sharing. I've been in a wave since yesterday and still this morning. I'm going to rest and listen again

Yes very boaty & feeling like I will faint if I stand up too long. Earlier I thought I was trying to have a stroke. SCARY!!!!!  How are you feeling now? I'm slightly better...enough to log in

I'm not sure. The only thing I did different was I got up to walk more yesterday. Maybe pushed it too far???? Also I put a different brand of ranch dressing on my grilled chicken salad before the wave hit. But....I only put less than a teaspoon on it. What do you think????? Or maybe it was just time to have one

It’s hard to say lady. I doubt either of those things did it. I’ve tried to pin point things in my taper too, but I could do exactly the same things at the same time 2 dats in a row, one night sleep well the next not sleep at all. It difficult to say if there was a trigger or just wds some days. I’m so tired today

Yes I agree because one morning I ate eggs toast and turkey bacon. It made me sick. Strange because I ate it many mornings before and it wasn't a problem. I'm wondering if because our brains are " broken" if on the days we are going into a wave that our brain sees anything we put in it or do as a threat???

I'm sorry you're tired. Please go try to rest even if you can't sleep

I think sometimes we drive ourselves crazy looking for an answer to fix everything. I went without so many things over this period, sugar, coffee, gluten, dairy, alcohol. I still don’t have any of these things every day, but every once in a while I do have a bit. Still have to live. I’ve got quite bad anxiety today so think the Valium is starting to lose its power. Shame I had 2 great days