Z-Drug Support Group (Lunesta, Imovane, Zimovane, Ambien, Sonata, Zopiclone)

[Wo...]

Hey Shayna, I swim every two days. So today was swimming day. The pool is indoors so I don t have to worry about the weather. I met several friends there too. Do you also sport? X Jerry

Hi jerry

No I just walk atm. I used to be a runner. My plan once I heal is to train for marathon. I used to be a half marathon runner. A gym junkie too. Very fit. That’s ok that’s my focus for when I’m better. Also once water warms up plan to surf again. I live the beach. Do u have nice beaches where u live? Wish we could post photos on here.

Ha Shayna,

Very good that you also sport. Good for your brain too. My father also did marathons in de past, he even did the marathon of New York. But that is many years ago. I slept at my fathers house last night. It was not really a good night. But bad neither.  They are still sanding at my own house, so I have to wait untill they are finished.

Ha Pamster, how are you doing? Are you still reading our posts?

Today, I have not such a good day. I cannot really say why. Maybe because I didn’t go swimming. We have a storm here, last night and today. I had a sax lesson yesterday, we worked on chords. I hope you are doing well Shayna...

Hi jerry, I have had a great week, have been feeling good, sleep came back a little. But I decided to continue with my reduction as planned, and only slept 2 hrs last night. It was a long night. I am very tired today. I’m sorry u had a bad day. I hope tomorrow u have a better one x

Just made another cut, 1/4 tab, now down to 1.87mg zop. Think should have waited another couple of days. Guess there’s no right time to do it. Hopefully it’s not too rough see how I go tonight if too hard might go back to what I was on. Just worried about my heart playing up now.

I am still waiting with cutting zopiclone  :P I am still switching to another ‘brand’ leponex. At least my 25mg pills.

Lots of luck with your step! Jerry

Ha Shayna, I hope your taper step is going well. I am about to go swimming. A friend of mine is also coming to the pool. After that I am going to watch the Tour the France, cycling, at home. I hope you have a nice day.

Jerry

Sounds like ur having some better days jerry x my next step down is going ok, I’m on day 6 after last drop and I slept ok last night4-5 hours. This week should be a little better than last hopefully. I’m on 1.87mg zop now and 1.5 mg Val. I’ve been keeping busy and walking a lot so I’ll just keep doing that. X

Sounds like ur having some better days jerry x my next step down is going ok, I’m on day 6 after last drop and I slept ok last night4-5 hours. This week should be a little better than last hopefully. I’m on 1.87mg zop now and 1.5 mg Val. I’ve been keeping busy and walking a lot so I’ll just keep doing that. X

Distraction is so important, I'm amazed you were able to sleep for that long, that's wonderful.  Yeah, I know it's not enough but it's a good amount for someone tapering off of Zopilcone.  :thumbsup:

Thanks pamster x last night wasn’t good, 2 hrs. It’s definitely a bumpy ride. Some nights I sleep a couple of solid hrs then doze the rest of the night, but last night was wide awake after 2. Feel pretty terrible now, but I know I’ll get thru the day like I always do. X

Ali

It's interesting you mention a dermatologist asked about the zopiclone.

When I really think about it, I feel my very first symptom was eczema.  With the reading I did on it at the time they say its often due to stress.  That was months before I had any other symptoms of tolerance.  This was well before continuous use of zopiclone.

Question to everyone who hit tolerance:

What was your very first symptom?    Potentially even before you hit the horrors of tolernce.

Chest pain and severe anxiety and panic

I jumped off @5 mg. of Ambien just over two weeks ago. Other than neuropathy in my feet getting worse (will it ever go away?), I’m not doing to bad. Valerian root, CBD oil with melatonin, along with Calme’s Forte is helping me sleep.

I jumped off @5 mg. of Ambien just over two weeks ago. Other than neuropathy in my feet getting worse (will it ever go away?), I’m not doing to bad. Valerian root, CBD oil with melatonin, along with Calme’s Forte is helping me sleep.

Wow well done! I get aches and pains constantly, I’m sure ur pain will fade iN time. Glad ur doing well. I’m taking melatonin but don’t think it does much. Have tried cbd oil but not much luck. Will try again once I’m off. We’re u getting interdose withdrawal while u were still on?

Not much in terms of interdose withdrawal. Perhaps because I was taking it in conjunction with another med which I tapered off first. THAT was terrible! Once I jumped off the other drug, Ambien seemed pretty easy. Good luck!

Thanks pamster x last night wasn’t good, 2 hrs. It’s definitely a bumpy ride. Some nights I sleep a couple of solid hrs then doze the rest of the night, but last night was wide awake after 2. Feel pretty terrible now, but I know I’ll get thru the day like I always do. X

What I always hated was how awful I felt all day but as bedtime got closer, I'd get more alert.  :tickedoff:

Not much in terms of interdose withdrawal. Perhaps because I was taking it in conjunction with another med which I tapered off first. THAT was terrible! Once I jumped off the other drug, Ambien seemed pretty easy. Good luck!

That’s great news! So happy for u!  :)

What I always hated was how awful I felt all day but as bedtime got closer, I'd get more alert.  :tickedoff:

Yes! That is the worst! I hit a wall around mid morning. I used to lay down and try to nap at this point, which was obviously a waste of time and just made me more upset. Now I don’t try. I’ve had a cbti dr say go to bed when u feel sleepy. So... that would be never? Always exhausted, hardly ever sleepy.  :tickedoff:

I'm thinking now that I hit tolerance about 2 years ago when I had unexplained muscle tightness in upper back, neck etc.  So vague at the time.  Then I had a minor mishap (walked into a doorknob) and went through 12 weeks of excruciating muscle spasms leading to sciatica necessitating lots of meds.  I stupidly upped my Ambien use to 15mg broken into 5mg 3X during the night to get some sleep and it was a nightmare.  See my signature....I'm desperately hoping that all my woes can be traced back to the ambien.  I am one month off and still my most bothersome symptom is the nerve and muscle pain. I think I can see tiny rays of hope when every now and then I feel normal....

Mine started with chest and back pain so bad I had to have them on to sleep. Then anxiety and panic attacks started. I know it was interdose wd that started it. I never had these problems before. I’m sure over time it will pass. I think it’s a very common symptom from what I’ve read on this forum. So happy u have jumped! Fantastic well done x

Hey, I am still busy to try to get used to my different clozapine medication. After that is done I will start tapering the zopiclone. I think that will be in ten days time. Today I recieved a package from the UK with a working sax mute. I tried it and it worked great. The one with the not properly working magnets I will return coming monday. Lots of luck with tapering, Jerry

Does anyone else have GI symptoms from zopiclone? Or other z drugs? I know it’s a bit of a yuck subject but I’m pretty bad that way. Malabsorption, have to take enzymes and probiotics to try and heal things. Anyone else have this issue?