Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Hi Marie,

Thank you for taking the time to look over the math- not my strong suit! Would love to hear your thoughts:)

I was on 1.5 mg Clonazepam/day ( am, afternoon, and night were 0.5 each)

What the Dr suggested was I think 1.625 ( with added valium and minus the small 9% reduction on Clonazepam)

The Dr's step on3 was : Which I started 2/15

0.5 Clon am

0.5 Clon afternoon

0.375 Clon nihg AND 5 mg valium.  ( all together equals 1.625)

I think she felt her experience was folks had a hard time with the cuts in CLONazapam, so she wanted to do smaller cuts on those but add the Valium to get that rolling in my system to (1) "cover" the transition a bit (2) start transitioning fully over to Valium eventually.

With that said, I tried the 2.5 mg valium last night and we will see how I feel. I was still in the "window" to lower if I was going to, so I figured why not try? Then the next step might be lower the Clonazepam to 0.25 and increase Valkium to 5 per Ashton Manual.

How do you cross over to Val?

Hi Marie,

Thank you for taking the time to look over the math- not my strong suit! Would love to hear your thoughts:)

I was on 1.5 mg Clonazepam/day ( am, afternoon, and night were 0.5 each)

What the Dr suggested was I think 1.625 ( with added valium and minus the small 9% reduction on Clonazepam)

The Dr's step on3 was : Which I started 2/15

0.5 Clon am

0.5 Clon afternoon

0.375 Clon nihg AND 5 mg valium.  ( all together equals 1.625)

I think she felt her experience was folks had a hard time with the cuts in CLONazapam, so she wanted to do smaller cuts on those but add the Valium to get that rolling in my system to (1) "cover" the transition a bit (2) start transitioning fully over to Valium eventually.

With that said, I tried the 2.5 mg valium last night and we will see how I feel. I was still in the "window" to lower if I was going to, so I figured why not try? Then the next step might be lower the Clonazepam to 0.25 and increase Valkium to 5 per Ashton Manual.

How do you cross over to Val?

Hi Cali-

The math is correct, but you should go over this with your doctor like Lib suggested.  I know your doctor is letting you set the pace, and that is great but it sounds like she has a plan.  I am confused as where the 9% decrease comes in, but the increase is made up by the V…so maybe that is why.  I think if you follow the Ashton manual for your crossover, you should do fairly well.  Just decide what mg. moving forward and you will be heading in the right direction.

The crossing over to Valium in the Ashton manual from Klonopin to Valium.

Marie

Hi Marie!

Thanks! I agree, my body so far,  has done well with the crossover to Valium, so I would guess as long as I go slow, and follow the Ashton, I should be able to scoot over to Valium 30 mg and then taper as tolerated.

Thanks,

Cali :)

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody on here have experience switching from a liquid pharma med taper to a milk/pill taper at the low doses?

Did you post on the titration board? I do recall that when using milk titration, it has to be whole milk, not low fat or skimmed.

It's crazy we have to be our own compounding pharmacists to taper off this stuff!  :crazy:

I feel like a mad scientist in my kitchen with my equipment. Insane!

Hello everyone,

I know everyone is different, but I was wondering how long it takes you to feel a Valium cut.  I am doing cut & hold and it takes about 4-5 days to even feel the cut.  I was just wondering how long it was taking everyone else.

Hugs!

Hello everyone,

I know everyone is different, but I was wondering how long it takes you to feel a Valium cut.  I am doing cut & hold and it takes about 4-5 days to even feel the cut.  I was just wondering how long it was taking everyone else.

Hugs!

Hi!

It takes 3-4 for me to feel my drop

Hello everyone,

Hugs!

I'd hit my peak a week out, but as I got lower, I found I would peak around 5 to 6 days. Switched to daily dry microtaper (DMT), which is more gradual, and I found myself hitting a peak after a week, which led me to follow JellyBaby's advice to microtaper 7 days, hold the dose for 3, then microtaper 7 again. That lets you get past the end of the peak. We all metabolize Valium differently, so that's probably a factor in how soon you feel a cut. Valium's half-life can vary from person to person. It's maximum half-life is 200 hours, which s why I initially felt is after a week. Now, I'm below 3 mg. and it's far less in my system.  Doing a DMT evens things out a bit.

I've no idea how long it takes me to feel my cut because I feel that bad anyway  :(

That rapid taper is catching up to you. Valium has up to a 200 hour half-life, so you may not feel that big drop until after 7 days. If you can remain stable, you might want to consider holding and not cutting further.

Hi Lottie , it was 4 weeks ago that i went from 4.75mg to zero. Then reinstated to 2mg daily just a day later, so shouldnt i have already had the worst of it? Bob7 did me a taper plan with the limited pills i have. I will be cutting another 0.25 on the 23rd. Bob7 said to make 0.25mg cuts holding for 13 days beteeen each cut.

Hi Lottie , it was 4 weeks ago that i went from 4.75mg to zero. Then reinstated to 2mg daily just a day later, so shouldnt i have already had the worst of it? Bob7 did me a taper plan with the limited pills i have. I will be cutting another 0.25 on the 23rd. Bob7 said to make 0.25mg cuts holding for 13 days beteeen each cut.

You might have cleared most of it out, but your body is entered something akin to acute. Also, Bob7 made you a plan to make due with the limited amount you have, I did see on another thread you are limited to what you have, and you cannot get anymore prescribed. Normally, you'd be better off holding longer, but I understand it's not an option for you. So Bob7 made a schedule for you to ease things somewhat, and minimize the damage.

And then there's what Cocodot replied with.  :(

Sorry, didn't want to make it worse... Just mean that there's no way of knowing how long you'd need for sure because yes you're in acute like I was too. Is there anyway to get more supply, Dido?

Perhaps a private doctor if your country has that?

Nope. There's no way I can get anymore pills coco unfortunately. I'm just going to have to face the music there's nothing else I can do.  :(

I was quite comfortable with the plan Bob7  set me out, but now, after reading your posts '' Lottie, coco'' you've made me feel even more afraid than I already was.  :(

I was taking up to 4.75mg daily in split doses which was just taking the edge off of panic attacks. I was terrified of taking them period, due to past experience, so was also terrified of taking a bigger dosage. I wasn't even stable on 4.75mg but knowing my doctors wouldn't prescribe anymore I tried to make what they supplied me with last as long as possible for mainly the panic attacks. I could never know what dose I'd be stable on because I wasn't stable from the beginning.  :( I still was experiencing very severe anxiety and panic attacks due to my child still having fainting episodes in front of me. So I was never stable  :(

Hello everyone,

Hugs!

I know that 10 years ago i went from 10MG down to Zero, and i did it 1MG every 2 weeks....i would feel the cut by day 2-3 then i was in the clear after 5 days for sure. This time i have no idea when im feeling it, or if im feeling it. Im down to 7MG from 10MG cutting every 2 weeks 1MG and maybe its because im not paying attention to it but I dont really feel anything so far. But my life is a train wreck right now, without any of this its filled with anxiety and depression maybe thats it.

Thank you everyone for all of your comments!  Hugs to those who are in the thick of it right now!  I see and hear you all and appreciate your responses. 

HUGS!!

I was quite comfortable with the plan Bob7  set me out, but now, after reading your posts '' Lottie, coco'' you've made me feel even more afraid than I already was.  :(

Please don't be. You've got this. Follow bob's plan, it will be painful but you' ll be safe and you'll manage.

Hi - When I did cut and hold by day 3 I was miserable and in the thick of it. It would take me about 7 days before I would start to have somewhat of a window (maybe).  It was just to up and down for me, I finally went to DLMT-hybrid with pill’s and liquid and that worked much better.  I also do a symptom based, and will hold if I start to feel bad for a few days.

Marie

Marie - I am totally stuck on 14.75mg with some awful symptoms which will not lift.

I know you said you went to DLMT. How much did you drop by each day?

Do you have symptoms even when not tapering?

Thank you MP

Marie - I am totally stuck on 14.75mg with some awful symptoms which will not lift.

I know you said you went to DLMT. How much did you drop by each day?

Do you have symptoms even when not tapering?

Thank you MP

Hi Miss Piggy-  I only reduce my .01ml a day, and every 2 days.  So today I will draw .67ml (1ml =1mg). Tomorrow and the next day I will draw .66 (or maybe today is .66…lol, now I can’t remember) anyway, I do that every 2days.  That will change as I get lower, and go to every 3 days, so that I don’t go over 7-8% a month is my reduction.  I will also eventually have my liquid changed to 1ml=.5mg, down the road.  That doesn’t have to be done, but it just will make it easier when I get to .50mg and under.  I have my liquid compounded in the States.

I was reading your signature and I am a little confused.  When did you actually start tapering after you c/o?  Are you going too fast?  Is this why your sx are so bad? Or is it because of your quick c/o and then you started tapering too fast?  I did a very fast c/o and it was horrid, and just kept tapering and then finally ended up holding for a month.  That felt so good, and I finally went to DLMT. There was some trial and error for me.  I tried all liquid at first, and that didn’t work. I eventually ended up with my hybrid of pill’s an liquid, and also slowing things way down.  So anyway, If you weren’t stabilized from your crossover, and you possibly reduced to fast, you could just be compromised from all that.  Also, I am curios as to why your doses are all throughout the day?  Ashton Manual focuses on getting your doses to two and than 1 (morning and then night).  A lot of people struggle with the way V makes them feel, on top of the w/d sx…so it could be a combination of things going on. 

Marie