Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Or maybe ....

Colorado Chick at .62, Diaz-Pam at .65, Eliz at .64 (and still holding) can be a trio of snails  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

As long as we don't try to race each other to the finish line I think we will be OK.

We just need to two more chicks and we can be the "Spice Girls".

Yo, I'll tell ya what I want, what I really, really want.... to be benzo freeeeeee..... ZIGAZIG AH!!!

Hilarious!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh

My mom is under 1mg currently holding at .82.

Can she be in on the spice girls?

Of course M - the more the merrier!

Let's say that anyone under 1mg can be a Spice Girl - even the boys..lol...

LOL, but I have no desire to have a sex change....lol

How about "One Direction" then....lol...

Anyone know when energy comes back?

My mom's energy level is like 10%.

Thru this whole tapering, I think her energy level has only gone up to 60% when she was on 6mg v.

It went down quickly, but I tapered her too quickly back then.

Should I hold until her energy comes back or is this something will come back when she heals?

I'm not sure. My energy levels are not what they used to be, but I have to consider whether that is benzo related, or whether it is age/menopause related, or whether I've just become plain lazy.

I used to have energy to burn. I used to go to the gym and it would be nothing for me to walk for an hour everyday. I would also spend hours making my house sparkle. Now a 30 minute walk is all I can manage, and I have to split housework jobs into separate days because I can't do the lot in one go.

Like I said, I have no idea if this is related to benzos though. I suspect it's just that I've gotten really lazy.

Mr M - I have a feeling a big part of the energy or lack of is the fact that we are all so darn tired and frustrated and mentally and physically engaged throughout the whole ordeal and many for years. Its like running a marathon and it takes a long time for these elite athletes to recover from the stress mentally and physically on their bodies. Or like having a bad stomach flu, you puke and crap and it takes a few weeks to get your energy back. Well, multiply that by 100000 and that's what the body has to deal with mentally, physically and even spiritually. So its like having a 1,2,3,4 or more year flu and we are zapped of our energy, but, like the flu it will come back but ever so slowly.

etown

Wow thanks for the replies everyone, really appreciate it :thumbsup: Updosing is not a option for me, my gp has made that perfectly clear, as for waiting it out and stabilizing that is not going to happen as I have been on this dose for around 2 years now, probably 10 times in each year on separate occasions I have used a extra tablet, maximum of 2, sorry I didn't make it very clear, so theoretically I should be stable by now? Sorry if that's not the case I am still educating myself.

Gp wants me to just carry on as I am or try a ssri but that is not not for me, I had a lot of very similar benzo withdrawal symptoms after my silly od which is the reason I am on them, I couldn't stay on a ad long enough to get a effect. The reason I think its tolerance is that I am not or feel stable and I am getting worse. As you state etown I have responsibilities so I can surmise if I stay as I am I will just end up in a worse position so the only option is to taper, just so torn to know the way forward. Unfortunately I have also gained quite bad ocd along the way so that includes me taking my tablets at the same time daily, silly I know but I can try to split into 6 doses its just how I proceed from there or proceed from where I am. Micro taper from 15mg seems unreal to me, these are serious drugs, you are right the tapering is hard to get my head around but will try, my gp said 1 mg a week but I know how I feel now so imagining reducing slightly I just cant get my head around it and as I am sure you all know taking the first step in the taper is pretty scary. I think I am just frightened to take the first step into the unknown and feeling worse, losing house, family etc etc. If I choose the 6 x daily taper how would some of you attack that taper, 5/10% over the 6 tablets by dry cutting each one, will have to try to work that out as they are 5mg tablets. I did ask about liquid valium but gp said it was something he had never heard of, he has other patients on v and when I asked my chances of getting off he said not good.

Sorry for the rant and will keep you posted on what I decide and thanks again for the reply's :)

Gra - whoa big guy try the 6x per day for a bit and forget about the taper part. See if you can get stable that way and stress about the other stuff later. One day at a time! You can do this and will do this. I'm not sure there are a ton of other options at this point. Take it slow and try a few suggested things first. Try to think of the Doc as a prescriber and not an advisor at this point. Telling you you have very little chance is not helpful to you. You say he will not give you more Valium to get stable but I suspect from your past his option really is to give you more Valium to get stable or give you a higher dose of a different Benzo so that's a little misleading too when you think about it. As someone said before (Benzo brain :idiot:) if you had to add 1 mg to each dose to stabilize that's what you would have to do right? Try the 6x evenly spread out doses and don't be afraid it will only get better

etown

Wow thanks for the replies everyone, really appreciate it :thumbsup: Updosing is not a option for me, my gp has made that perfectly clear, as for waiting it out and stabilizing that is not going to happen as I have been on this dose for around 2 years now, probably 10 times in each year on separate occasions I have used a extra tablet, maximum of 2, sorry I didn't make it very clear, so theoretically I should be stable by now? Sorry if that's not the case I am still educating myself.

Gp wants me to just carry on as I am or try a ssri but that is not not for me, I had a lot of very similar benzo withdrawal symptoms after my silly od which is the reason I am on them, I couldn't stay on a ad long enough to get a effect. The reason I think its tolerance is that I am not or feel stable and I am getting worse. As you state etown I have responsibilities so I can surmise if I stay as I am I will just end up in a worse position so the only option is to taper, just so torn to know the way forward. Unfortunately I have also gained quite bad ocd along the way so that includes me taking my tablets at the same time daily, silly I know but I can try to split into 6 doses its just how I proceed from there or proceed from where I am. Micro taper from 15mg seems unreal to me, these are serious drugs, you are right the tapering is hard to get my head around but will try, my gp said 1 mg a week but I know how I feel now so imagining reducing slightly I just cant get my head around it and as I am sure you all know taking the first step in the taper is pretty scary. I think I am just frightened to take the first step into the unknown and feeling worse, losing house, family etc etc. If I choose the 6 x daily taper how would some of you attack that taper, 5/10% over the 6 tablets by dry cutting each one, will have to try to work that out as they are 5mg tablets. I did ask about liquid valium but gp said it was something he had never heard of, he has other patients on v and when I asked my chances of getting off he said not good.

Sorry for the rant and will keep you posted on what I decide and thanks again for the reply's :)

Gra, I microtapered from 20mgs - it was the only way I could manage to taper.  My attempt the previous year with cut and hold was BAD!  I was also in tolerance withdrawal.  I do believe that it is actually much harder to taper in tolerance w/d - trying to get off fast for me did not end well and I had to start all over again.  The slow micro tapering with short but frequent holds when symptoms ramped up has worked much better for me.

gts

Gra - read this again gts has done what you are afraid to do so plan on ripping a page from her book.

etown

Thanks Smiff,

I've been weighing up the pros and cons of HRT - I'm going to see my GP about this in a few weeks.  I believe I am in peri-meno (I'm 45 next month - yikes...lol!) as I also have night sweats almost every night and have missed a few periods recently.  I had put the night sweats down to benzo w/d earlier in my taper but I am suspicious now as my w/d symptoms are almost non existent except around ovulation and a few days before my period.  Something is not right with my hormones so I will get it checked out.  Thanks for sharing your experience with low dose HRT - do you use the bioidentical oestrogen?  I am confused as some here on BB have said it is low progesterone that ramps up benzo w/d symptoms and others say it's low oestrogen.  I'm not sure how a doctor can tell seeing as the tests are not very reliable  :-\

gts

Or maybe ....

Colorado Chick at .62, Diaz-Pam at .65, Eliz at .64 (and still holding) can be a trio of snails  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

As long as we don't try to race each other to the finish line I think we will be OK.

We just need to two more chicks and we can be the "Spice Girls".

Yo, I'll tell ya what I want, what I really, really want.... to be benzo freeeeeee..... ZIGAZIG AH!!!

Hilarious!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh

My mom is under 1mg currently holding at .82.

Can she be in on the spice girls?

Of course M - the more the merrier!

Let's say that anyone under 1mg can be a Spice Girl - even the boys..lol...

This is great!!! Feeling pretty spicy tonighr. ::)

I have a friend over and I am trying really hard to explain how BB friends have kept me afloat. No way to say it in words. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I can't imagine what it would be like without all of you on this BB and your help.

How did people do it back before the internet?

I do not know mrtmeo . Plus the fact that I am having this conversation on my phone. Imagine if it were 50 years ago? It would have even been lonlier. :(

Thanks Smiff,

I've been weighing up the pros and cons of HRT - I'm going to see my GP about this in a few weeks.  I believe I am in peri-meno (I'm 45 next month - yikes...lol!) as I also have night sweats almost every night and have missed a few periods recently.  I had put the night sweats down to benzo w/d earlier in my taper but I am suspicious now as my w/d symptoms are almost non existent except around ovulation and a few days before my period.  Something is not right with my hormones so I will get it checked out.  Thanks for sharing your experience with low dose HRT - do you use the bioidentical oestrogen?  I am confused as some here on BB have said it is low progesterone that ramps up benzo w/d symptoms and others say it's low oestrogen.  I'm not sure how a doctor can tell seeing as the tests are not very reliable  :-\

gts

Hi GTS

I'm going to give you all my usual links to information about HRT and menopause, because I know how hard it is to find really reliable information on the internet. There are so many really dubious sites, trying to sell really dubious products, so these are some links that you can rely on to get the right information.

Low estrogen tends to be the main problem in peri and meno, so estradiol (the natural estrogen you need in meno) is the main thing you need to consider. Progesterone is really only needed to be taken in low doses to oppose the estradiol and protect the lining of the uterus. There is absolutely no benefit in using these OTC progesterone creams, and in fact unsupervised use can lead to a lot of problems.

Dr Elizabeth Vliet is an expert on female hormones. She has also written a few books, which I’m in the process of trying to wade through, but they’re really big….lol..

http://www.thebuzzonbios.com/contents/web_videolist.asp (scroll half way down the page to the heading “The Buzz on Bioidenticals: on-demand webinar”)

(These next three links are online Q&As and interviews with Dr Vliet which are very interesting)

http://www.power-surge.com/transcripts/vliet.htm

http://www.power-surge.com/transcripts/vliet2.htm

http://www.power-surge.com/transcripts/vliet3.htm

(Youtube videos of Dr Vliet)

Dr Annie Evans is another doctor with a very good website.

http://www.drannieevans.com/#!hormone-replacement-therapy-hrt/c1y4k 

Dr Heather Currie has a fantastic website that has all sorts of information about menopause. It is also has a very good forum, where I learned a lot. As with BB, it is often the people who are suffering from a problem who are able to give the best advice.

http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/

Professor John Studd is a leading gynaecologist who has a fantastic website which is full of very good information. Please note there where he mentions “Utrogestan” that is the same as “Prometrium” which is a regulated bioidentical progesterone.

http://www.studd.co.uk/bioidentical_hormones.php

etown thanks for the 80/20 distinction. Something to think about.

If I can ask, what are your physical symptoms?

Okatz and all

Wow this thread is steamin'

I made an excel spreadsheet with all symptoms mental and physical and rate on a scale of 0-10 and I fill it out each day after work and my wife reads it before we even talk so she knows where i'm at for the day and how to approach me. 0,1 and 2's I can live with. 3 and up for over 3 consecutive days an adjustment is necessary for me

Physical Symptoms=

Tired,

Dizzy (I see this as both and is my worst so I keep a close eye on dizziness)

Buzzing body

eyes hurt

headache

head fullness

nausea

insomnia ( I see this as both too and watch carefully)

bowel problems

neckache

backache

hot

cold

photosensitive

gait (walk funny, balance)

weakness

ear ringing

tremour ( I see this as both too and everything stops dead if this happens)

weight loss

prostate problems or problems pee peeing)

clearing my throat or over sensitive gag reflex

Mental=

Fear

agitation

dizzy

frustration

apathy

buzzing body

emotional

insomnia

brain fog

anger

rage

intrusive thinking

restless

tremour

lonely

false beliefs

unhappy

memory loss

Hope this helps sorry it took so long I had no access to my computer today at work.

etown

etown, this was actually really helpful. I think that I am going to start something similar myself. Looks like we have many of the same sx. Makes me wonder how many of these are a direct result of klonopin use as opposed to the other benzos. It's mind blowing to me that this drug was prescribed to me as a sleeping aid! There is no shortage of irony here, isn't there?

So does anyone think that it's going a little overboard to take 6 weeks to c/o .6mg k? I've got my plan, but I'm starting to have doubts. I'm definitely not in full blown w/d like I was a few weeks ago when I found you all (in fact it just survived a trip to Costco without totally melting down, which is big progress!) , but every time I take a dose of the k it feels like poison. I hate the stuff, it amps me up for a good hour before I settle down. These drugs are tricky, because if I go too fast with it, I don't think I'm going to be able to do my job.

I don't know, probably too easy to second guess everything at this point.

CC it's a balmy -9C here just a bit cooler than there if my guess is right or close or whatev. Its supposed to be +10C or about 50F on the weekend and raining WTHeck? Toronto airport is over 200 flights behind and we had record lows in the -40's C or F this week. Frigid as an Eskimo Pie. Got the fire goin'? Ever since you said that I have been dreaming about that fire in CO and all the wood appliances I've had over the years AND THE ONE I'M PUTTING IN MY NEW HOUSE WHEN I BUILD IT :thumbsup:

etown

Okatz and all

I made an excel spreadsheet with all symptoms mental and physical and rate on a scale of 0-10 and I fill it out each day after work and my wife reads it before we even talk so she knows where i'm at for the day and how to approach me. 0,1 and 2's I can live with. 3 and up for over 3 consecutive days an adjustment is necessary for me

Physical Symptoms=

Tired,

Buzzing body

eyes hurt

headache

head fullness

nausea

bowel problems

neckache

backache

hot

cold

photosensitive

weakness

ear ringing

weight loss

Mental=

Fear

agitation

dizzy

frustration

apathy

buzzing body

emotional

insomnia

brain fog

anger

rage

intrusive thinking

restless

tremour

lonely

false beliefs

unhappy

memory loss

Hope this helps sorry it took so long I had no access to my computer today at work.

etown

etown, this was actually really helpful. I think that I am going to start something similar myself. Looks like we have many of the same sx. Makes me wonder how many of these are a direct result of klonopin use as opposed to the other benzos. It's mind blowing to me that this drug was prescribed to me as a sleeping aid! There is no shortage of irony here, isn't there?

So does anyone think that it's going a little overboard to take 6 weeks to c/o .6mg k? I've got my plan, but I'm starting to have doubts. I'm definitely not in full blown w/d like I was a few weeks ago when I found you all (in fact it just survived a trip to Costco without totally melting down, which is big progress!) , but every time I take a dose of the k it feels like poison. I hate the stuff, it amps me up for a good hour before I settle down. These drugs are tricky, because if I go too fast with it, I don't think I'm going to be able to do my job.

I don't know, probably too easy to second guess everything at this point.

Thanks buddy I hope it helps everyone to some degree. Just a ? to refresh my memory. you are crossing over to how much V?

etown

etown,

I DO have the fire going. I have a Thelin pellet stove. It is a parlor stove. About 3 1/2 foot high. Very old fashioned in look. It burns 40 lbs of organic pellets a day and put out mega heat. It has a glass front door and the fire is captivating. I wanted a house with a fireplace. I got the house but not the fireplace so I bought the pellet stove 11 years ago.

CC

I will end up at 13 mg total. Right now I'm taking .2 mg compounded k, 7am, 2pm and 10pm + 1mg v with the pm dose. My plan is to switch over 2mg v at per week following the Ashton manual starting this Saturday. I'm actually a little worried that I'll be over sedated, but I'd rather overshoot a little at this point than undershoot and have to updose.

JJ - looks like you got it in the bag. I was a little sedated too but to be honest I needed it at the time. It goes away within a few weeks normally so enjoy the sleeps while you can. Focus on the positive. 6 weeks is going to be good and you will start to get rid of this rope around your neck. :thumbsup:

etown

I am rubbing it in etown. I agree that this is good. It is amazing how one finds their personality again when both feet are on the ground. I am feeling great and making progress.

I am going to go stare at the fire. >:D  G'nite.

I am rubbing it in etown. I agree that this is good. It is amazing how one finds their personality again when both feet are on the ground. I am feeling great and making progress.

I am going to go stare at the fire. >:D  G'nite.

Congrats, CC!

I sure hope my mom feels like that when she gets that low.

She is 75 and wants to be a spice girl.....................lol

etown....I came back b/c I forgot the second part of rubbing it in...I DO NOT HAVE TO WORK TOMORROW! :pokey: :pokey:

mrtmeo...I wish your mom well. I cannot imagine going through this at 75. YOU are amazing.

I will end up at 13 mg total. Right now I'm taking .2 mg compounded k, 7am, 2pm and 10pm + 1mg v with the pm dose. My plan is to switch over 2mg v at per week following the Ashton manual starting this Saturday. I'm actually a little worried that I'll be over sedated, but I'd rather overshoot a little at this point than undershoot and have to updose.

I agree JJ. Overshooting slightly preferable to under. Getting control of benzo w/d beast is harder once it is outta control.

Glad you are doing well xx

Okatz and all

Physical Symptoms=

Tired,

Buzzing body

eyes hurt

headache

head fullness

nausea

bowel problems

neckache

backache

hot

cold

photosensitive

weakness

ear ringing

weight loss

Mental=

Fear

agitation

dizzy

frustration

apathy

buzzing body

emotional

insomnia

brain fog

anger

rage

intrusive thinking

restless

tremour

lonely

false beliefs

unhappy

memory loss

etown

ooo so many I missed out

'memories like the corner of my mind... memories..' you lot can be the Spice Girls. I'll be Barbara Streisand flying solo ;)