in despair after so called psych appointment

[da...]

:smitten:

Thanks one love

God bless you

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Wishing you peace and healing, Dandy. I was there in the hospital with you (virtually and spiritually) the night you texted from there. I had been in ER myself the week or so before.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [da...]

• [Ho...]

• [Sv...]

• [To...]

Top Posters In This Topic

From a post in alternative therapies section:

>>>I have recently recognized a HIGH correlation between waves and glutamate exposure in my diet and personal care products. I started as thread with links in the natural and alternative section. The last link I added is on glutamates in personal care products.

After a good day yesterday, a great nights sleep almost pain free for the first time in forever, waking this morning feeling good, I was slammed HARD with bad sx suddenly out of the blue. In researching and looking for answers, I'm almost certain the answer is in the long and luxurious shower I took this morning using a very good brand of organic plant based shower gel and shampoo. Seems the very high heat processing of the oils creates toxic glutamates. Yup.

http://www.specialchem4cosmetics.com/product-directory/surfactants-cleansing_11_14512/hair-care-shampoos-conditioners-styling_15_14581/struktol_19_827/index.aspx?did=1&d=1

>Report This Post<    Logged

HELLO......PLEASE PLEASE DON'T TAKE OPTION 1. They will try to detox u in a month and YOU CAN'T DO THAT ON 10mg clonezpam...YOUR CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM WILL TAKE YOU TO THE DEEPEST DARKEST DEPTHS OF HELL FOR A YEAR OR MORE!!!! The best choices are 2, 3 and 5. It's going to take a slow taper, valium being probably the best to cross over to. If you go too fast you will make it only a month or two then if u reinstated u will kindle and become even more sensitive and messed up from benzo..... These are all just my opinions but as the other members have stated, you mite want to consider our advice because we all care about each other and You!! There are soooo many smart members here on bb.... I live in Ottawa, Canada and I have been to 23 different doctors in the last 6 months before I found one who would even admit Benzo WD is real and what I'm going threw. So please make a wise choice and make a Choice for You..YOUR LIFE, YOUR SPIRIT.... I wish you all the best... May God Hold Your Hand and walk you threw this journey...until you find freedom.... Mr scared Canada... Where the weather is cold but our Hearts are Always Warm :)

Dan,

You could start a slow taper from the clonazepam, then when you get to lower doses cross over to diazepam for the remainder of your taper. You have some good viable workable options here.

I also think it is a great idea. This way at least you are lowing now while you have some and the switch wont be as hard.

Thank you all wonderful people. My gut feeling is the same. I have 64 x 2mg tablets in my home. As you say that gives some scope. I skipped a dose already but stomach seems a bit 'acidy'. I have some omeprazole will take one of those. Want to save the clonazepam for real crisis.

I really don't want to go away for 4 weeks or spend 2 weeks in local loony bin either. Of course will get phone call later today.

Mr scared is Ottawa the French speaking part of Canada - I love France and must visit Canada when I am better.

It is 03.00 here but can't sleep.

God bless you all

Dandyhighwayman

Dandy, have you identified a routine daily dose at which you are stable?  I'm hoping your dosing right now is not so random that you will have bad side effects soon. PLEASE don't go through another crisis like the last few. I'm not sure i could survive watching you go through another one of those.

Do you have a dosing plan that is regular for at least the next few days while you figure things out?  I think you need a PLAN and need to follow it for consistency.

Maybe consulting with some here on the Taper threads could help advise?

I am so pleased that I have you guys to speak to at this time of morning otherwise I would probably go loopy. Probably call the Samaritans or doctor who would send me to ER oh no!

I am so pleased that I have you guys to speak to at this time of morning otherwise I would probably go loopy. Probably call the Samaritans or doctor who would send me to ER oh no!

I'm glad you decided to hang around the forum  :)

you now need to sort out your taper, or you will be going round in circles.  And I would avoid the counselling option until you are a little more "sober" as they call it when we are not off our heads or trolleys because of benzos.

I repeat - you need to sort out your taper while you are feeling amenable to discussions.  I fear this may change and you will go back to your disorganised state.

PS Everyone in the NHS looks about 12

One love

I am aiming to dose every 6 hours which gets me down to 8mg daily. Will try and hold at this for a while. Who knows might get some diazepam later. Can't wait for the phone call. Gonna stay in bed today.

and I do hope you are reading some of the other threads, I just read this, from a new thread new thread:

Can anyone help me understand how I might know I'm stable to taper again?

I had to reinstate about 5-6 days ago after jumping off too high of an amount

of K=to about 4mgs valium per doctor. I'm actually having really bad bodyaches

again and total fatigue. The only "good thing" since starting up again is that the

suicidal ideation is mostly gone. I'm depressed but not down as bad as I was which

is why I re-instated. I really wanted to end the suffering. Is there any way to

know I'm ready to start to taper again? Anything to look for? I'd like to start asap

because I need to be off this poison. It has taken away 22 yrs of my life, time

away from my sons!! It's horrible what this drug has done to my life!! And I'm sure

to so many of you and I'm sorry. Another thing is I've been reading some ppl's

thoughts that sometimes it's worth starting another drug (remeron mentioned alot)

if it will help to get off the benzo, get through the w/d's and then can taper off

of that soon after. Thx for any response! I'm so sad being back on this drug but

really had no choice because of the constant suicidal thoughts. HUGS-Brittany 

Polenta

So sorry to hear about your situation. I have tried remeron and it is about the only a/d I get on with. Good for sleep and weight gain!

they can't ALL be truanting............

I mean look at George Osborne, that  creep

PS that is not my situation Dandy, I just copied it from another thread which looked apposite.

it was called "help me, I'm in real trouble- reinstate?"

My situation is too complicated to bother you with at the moment

DANDY-

I have been following your ordeal with concern, compassion, and care.  I am just one little person in the State of Idaho (wild west to you)!  Please do follow through with the treatment plan, and do not get your meds via alternative sources.  I am so glad you have come back from where you were a couple days ago.

Please be encouraged that someone so far away, to be sure, is following you and so many people care about you through this forum.

We have to educate our own doctors, it seems for me anyway.

Best to you-

Dandy, I don't know where you live but there is a group called Battle against Tranquillisers in the UK run buy a  woman called Una Corbett.  If you cannot get to the group, she can help with advice and support by telephone  If it was not for her,I could not have got through benzo withdrawal, and I was only able to speak to her by phone.  Her number  Leave a message and she WILL get back to you, it may take a few days because she is very busy sometimes.

You really really need to stabilise on a sensible taper, believe me,  I know.  You are not able to think properly at the moment because you are on such an enormous dose, (I know you feel as if you can think straight, but you cannot).

Please ring Una on tomorrow. She can advise you on how to taper off your enormous dose

Trailwalker

Thanks so much for those wonderful comments. They really lift the spirit. As for obtaining meds it really depends on the outcome of the call from psych today and amenability of my doctor.

Idaho; isn't that where the film 'Stand by Me' with River Phoenix was based?

God bless

D

As previously indicated I have 64 x 2mg clonazepam tablets.

Does anyone believe i can taper and then jump with this amount without any further intervention?

D

You have 64 2mg tabs...that's 128mg total. You are on 10mg/day presently. If you were to reduce by 1mg/week (which I feel is overly ambitious to start out), your current supply will last a little over 2 weeks and that is all. So you see, you need to plan a slow taper on a medication that you have guaranteed access to for many months. This has to be carefully thought out and planned before executing the taper.

Forget clonazepam, switch over to diazepam as they suggested. Was it a psych nurse assessing you? Maybe that' why he/she looked so young.

I think their plan isn't too bad bar the 'facilities', which they have to offer when they find signs of substance abuse.

The NHS people don't generally offer a switch to diazepam as an out-patient when you've been taking a benzo on your own so take the offer I think.

You're on an insane amount of clonazepam, so even is the equivalent would be 200mgs diazepam according to Ashton, I believe that even with a fraction of that you should do reasonably OK. I don't think you'll stabilize enough on clonazepam. Go for the other one now.

Good luck

Una can advise you on your taper, I thought you were going to ring her?  If you already have,  and have had to leave a message, she will get back to you asap.

in the meantime if you google Battle against Tranquillisers you could check out their groups etc

Hi guitarman

Yes I think it must have been a psych nurse. He promised to call me back today after talking to doctor. I can obtain another 100 2mg tablets next week - they like 2 weeks between orders. So at worst i could keep going on my current clonazepam regime. I know I will never get 200 mg daily so how much diazepam do you reckon you'll i need to stabilise at the moment?

I know diazepam hangs around longer so I guess that is a factor in any calculation.

Thanks

D

Hello All

I have read all your posts very very carefully and and am grateful for them all. Incidentally i am still waiting for the phone call from psych people.

I have thought very hard about what has been said.

Clearly i am okay for the next 10 days but I need to plan for after this. The consensus seems to be a switch to diazepam and I tend to agree. However, after 10 days I need to ensure that I have either a guaranteed supply of either diazepam or clonazepam at hand.

I am not convinced that my GP will play ball; I am going to ring the psych guy I saw yesterday;  if that draws a blank then I have no option but to order more clonazepam. I have 63 tablets left.

I thought it useful to set out the options.

Thank you once again for ALL your amazing posts I didn't realise I had so many friends on this forum.

God bless you all

dandyhighwayman

[ff...]