in despair after so called psych appointment

[da...]

I I was admitted on 12 September and discharged 5 days later. I was admitted because of a stomach bleed. I had an ultrasound, MRI and endoscopy plus a battery's of blood tests. The hospital referred me to the Community Addiction Unit where I saw this nurse. I trusted him even telling him awful things that happened when I was 12. Then today without my knowledge he called the on call doctor and told her I looked jaundiced and needed blood test's. I was very angry and told him he was a charlatan and fraud.

I called the doctor myself and told her I had just spent 5 days in hospital and didn't need any further blood test's. . The idiot didn't even seem to be aware of this.

Anyway I will see her Thursday morning. I am not hopeful of a positive outcome.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [da...]

• [Ho...]

• [Sv...]

• [To...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Chinookwind

Just noticed your post where you agree with Tom12345 that I should be hospitalised when I was discharged after 5 days last Monday.

Why would you say that or was it simply not an original thought?

On what basis do you make this assertion?

I am really getting frustrated by Couple of members. Namely Tom12345 and Chinookwind who appear to be mortified that I am not being hospitalised.

They provide no rhyme or reason as though the thread has not even been read.

Can these individuals please explain the rationale behind their reasoning or do they lack the intellectual ability so to do.

I mistakenly thought we'd got away from these idiotic comments.

I'm pretty new to this board but have followed this thread as well as the related previous threads and it mortifies that anyone can suggest anything beside immediate hospitalization to this individual.

. Ahh yes u did tom !

Sounds like ur pulling things together Dandy. Write out ur options with regards to a taper plan. List the advantages and disadvantages of each, and pick the best plan for u.  Once u start, u may want to adjust ur plan based on how ur feeling.

Let us know what u decide if u like and how ur feeling.

I am really getting frustrated by Couple of members. Namely Tom12345 and Chinookwind who appear to be mortified that I am not being hospitalised.

They provide no rhyme or reason as though the thread has not even been read.

Can these individuals please explain the rationale behind their reasoning or do they lack the intellectual ability so to do.

I mistakenly thought we'd got away from these idiotic comments.

Dandy,

The idea of this forum is for a variety of thoughts and suggestions and opinions from our members. You take what you feel pertains to you and disregard the rest. You aren't going to agree with 100% of what members post. That's expected. Getting frustrated at every comment you don't agree with is going to work against you in more ways that you know.

Dandy, you did ask people to tell you what they "think about all this."  Well, they're telling you.

I attended my appointment as planned this morning. Problem was that I saw someone who looked about 12. The whole thing lasted about 2 hours. In fairness everything was laid bare and it was very comprehensive.

Unfortunately he now has to consult further with a doctor and will call me back tomorrow. Various options were discussed:

1. Going away to a 'facility' for 4 weeks.

2. Switching to diazepam.

3. Tapering through my GP again using diazepam.

4. Staying at a local hospital for a rapid detox over 2 weeks.

5. Counselling.

I was also asked some pretty personal questions which were deeply upsetting.

There is clearly no way will I be given clonazepam. Of course I can still order my own supplies from Internet vendor@ $90 for 100 x 2mg tablets.

At the moment I am inclined to go with the latter but will keep an open mind until I receive call tomorrow.

That is a pretty accurate summary of the session and frankly I am frustrated.

I am currently taking around 10mg clonazepam per day. Please tell me what you think about all of this.

God bless

dandyhighwayman

bold=my emphasis

Tom12345

Don't try and deny your stupid and ignorant comment. You said that you were mortified that the suggestion had not been made that I should be hospitalised. Mortified is a very strong word to use.

Have you ever been hospitalised I can assure you it's not very nice.

You are an idiot with no understanding of this thread.

I really have no need to get into an argument here. Fine, we've established I'm an idiot and being hospitalized isn't "nice". Both may be true. Maybe, Dandy, you should spread the word about hospital's before other idiots seek needed medical attention.

Megan

You are hiding behind semantics I expected better from a moderator.

Perhaps you agree withTom12345.

Dandy,

Megan is merely pointing out what people read and understood in your original post. Of course you must expect to receive a variety of responses, some of which you won't agree with.  It's best to leave those alone avoid getting into conflicts that will escalate into unpleasantness.

pianogirl

Hope 1962

I notice that you have a tendency to run with the Foxes and the hounds. It is an unfortunate trait.

Hope is not even on the forum right now Dandy.

Well hope can obviously read and think about it when she is can she not. Quite frankly pianogirl I am losing the will to live in terms of this forum. Members make horrible comments;  deny them and when pressed concede.

There is far too much duplicity and favouritism.

Sure the majority are very pleasant and good people but others are just robotic morons programmed to tow the

BB line no matter how unpleasant and prolonged the process.

Need to take another pill unfortunately.

Oh dear. I really hope this thread isn’t going to deteriorate like so many before it have done. Yes, Dandy did ask for opinions, and everyone is entitled to give theirs, as asked. However, Tom you are definitely playing with words when you said you never recommended hospitalization. When you said that you “can’t understand how anyone could recommend anything else”, that in itself is you recommending it. That’s fine. It’s your opinion, and that’s what you were asked for, but please don’t let us get bogged down in petty squabbles.

Dandy really does seem to be genuinely trying to get his life back on track, so he needs to be given a fair bit of understanding, tolerance and support, and not be goaded into making antagonist remarks. Tom, you are very new to this forum and you are obviously not aware of Dandy’s past threads and the issues he’s been through. Creating an argumentative post is definitely not what he needs right now.

Dandy - you need to focus on the positive stuff on BB and not let the other stuff get under your skin. You've got a long way to go with your treatment. You know that, and you will definitely benefit from having the support of the majority of the people on BB, provided you don’t allow yourself into be goaded into alienating the people who are trying to help you.

When you see a post that you don’t like, or you feel isn’t very supportive, just try to block it from your mind and focus on the people who are offering you the positive stuff. Just take a few deep breaths and focus on yourself and your recovery.

Hope 1962

I notice that you have a tendency to run with the Foxes and the hounds. It is an unfortunate trait.

I think I'll take my unfortunate traits and move on to other members. At this point I'd like to wish you good luck, Dandy. I hope all your issues get resolved.  :)

FWIW I think #1 and #4 are the only viable options given your particular circumstances and history.

I don't think you're in any position to be calling the shots.

Just my opinion, probably not the popular one but there it is.

I really wish you well. You need professional help.

This is what I posted earlier today.

I stand by what I said.

Hope 1962

I think I'll take my unfortunate traits and move on to other members. At this point I'd like to wish you good luck, Dandy. I hope all your issues get resolved.  :)

:thumbsup:

Hey Dandy, don't get pissed off at some people here, what's that helpful for? Just focus on what's useful for you right now mate.

You need a plan and quick. The NHS is pretty bureaucratic and schematic, they don't deal too well with 'odd' cases like this.

You see, it doesn't fit well within their structured services, its not a 'common' drug dependency/abuse, not alcoholism, not some established mental heath issue. It's benzo withdrawal and they don't know what to do with it very well at all.

So you'll have to make it fit around you.

You asked me earlier what dose of diazepam I reckon you could start off from, I can't answer that for you but I'm pretty confident that you'll be more stable.

I don't know how much they'll agree to give you but you'll have to take it and see. I think you should do reasonably OK but you need to put some guts into this.

You need to be straight with them but I don't think you should be bandying about the fact that you may buy clonazepam as this couldn't jeopardize the whole taper treatment and in combination with diazepam even lethal. So don't go there.

Good luck with this honestly

I'm pretty new to this board but have followed this thread as well as the related previous threads and it mortifies that anyone can suggest anything beside immediate hospitalization to this individual.

This is what Tom wrote.

I don't see where he is recommending anything, he is merely making an observation.

Has it occurred to you that he was coming from a good place and was concerned about your safety and wellbeing?

If he says he didn't mean anything by it then accept it and move on.

Chinook

Guitarman

Thanks for that. I am beginning to wonder if all this is worth it. I assume you read my earlier posts regarding my experience with the CAU nurse I saw on Monday. Well that was a complete waste of time and energy which I can ill afford. I am too tired to repeat it all again. I am due to see a very young GP on Thursday but don't know whether I'll even bother as she knows nothing about benzo tapering.

This forum is okay but people do come up with some wacky ideas and I find the fact that some people are tapering off 0.125mg of diazepam strange.  The entire premise of this forum appears to be based on the work of some geriatric called Ashton who has been around since god knows when.

Incidentally, I received a call from the police about an hour ago. My details were passed on by the Samaritans who are concerned about my welfare after I told them what was going on and my connection with BB. They wanted to visit me but I dissuaded them.

I don't know what the future holds but I sometimes fear there will be no happy ending. I am 55 and have had a pretty good life until recently.

Nice talking to you

Good luck every body and good bye

dandyhighwayman

Chinookwind

I have to say i believe you are one dimensional and deluded.  The implication from Tom clearly existed he virtually admitted that he meant hospitalisation as confirmed by Pinkee's response. You just blindly agreed without any substantiation didn't you. You are bang to rights. Mortified is a very strong word.

One golden rule if you make a statement provide reasoning. You should remember that for future posts.

Take care

[8b...]