in despair after so called psych appointment

[da...]

I'm sorry but I have to say Dandy's story sounded so strange and contradicting. I haven't commented on his threads for a while because I didn't want to get into controversies and confrontations with other members who were/are really concerned about Dandy.

I'm not saying it was all a hoax but I say again it all sounded quite odd to me.

I feel for my fellow buddies who have been so supportive to Dandy. I think it's time to move on now.

Best wishes to all the genuine benzo buddies struggling out there and the ones sending kind and helpful messages to them.

:thumbsup:

:smitten:

Sandra.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [da...]

• [Ho...]

• [Sv...]

• [To...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Dandy's name is Stephen and his brother logged on claiming his name was Stephen also.  That should answer everyone's question.

Dandy's name is Stephen and his brother logged on claiming his name was Stephen also.  That should answer everyone's question.

This is Stephen's (dandyhighwayman) brother.  He wishes to convey thanks to you all but will not be posting again and also wishes god bless to you all.

I,am sorry but i don,t think you are reading this correctly.....

He say,s he,s Stephen his brother......

They must be Siamese twins then because Stephen's brother writes exactly the same as Stephen himself. I'm not a native English speaker but I had never heard of the expression "to convey thanks" and it sounds unusually pedantic when "to say thanks" would have been just fine and more comprehensible. That smells of dandywayhighman. The "god bless" part also seems rather unsurprising since most of his posts ended like that.

The brother also seems to worship Stephen as much as Stephen worships himself ("flawed genius", anyone ?). Didn't he just write about his amazingly high IQ just a few posts earlier ?

And why would his brother be so stupid and insensible to come on the forum and act like Stephen is dead without telling us what actually happened ? No genius in that family if you ask me.

I posted this a little while ago in the off topic thread and wanted to put it here as well:

I personally feel he never even went to the hospital. If you look back at his thread right before his "hospitalization" public opinion had really started to turn against him. Next day he is in a hospital bed and saying he may be there up to 2 months. I took some flak at the time for even mentioning that he needed to be in a hospital. There are a ton of discrepancies I could point out and yes, can be chalked up to confusion if you give him the benefit of the doubt but there is just too much beside that. Do you really think his "brother" would use the phrase "flawed genius" or that having just lost his brother would have nothing else to do but post a few times on a message board. Just my opinion. I truly respect everyone who defended him and tried to help. I wouldn't call it a hoax but I would feel fine calling it a combination of alcohol, drugs, and a severe psychiatric disorder. He did hint a while ago that he may have borderline personality disorder- people suffering from that are sometimes known for threatening suicide over and over.

Colin (or a moderator) could easily settle the controversy. If the Internet IP address of his messages before and after his alleged hospitalization are the same, then he never physically moved anywhere.

Hi folks,

Without proof all members are treated as if they are truly suffering withdrawal...even if there is some doubt. It's the only fair way to progress (as many of you have). We don't have enough information at this time to update this situation. I point you to Colin's message on this thread:

Dandy,

I've restricted your account. I'll send you a PM in a few minutes with an e-mail address - you will be unable to respond to my PM.

Alternatively, you may create a ticket at the Help Desk:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?action=helpdesk;sa=main;dept=4

As far as I know Colin doesn't know more than any of us. I have my suspicions just as you do but nothing's been confirmed at this time. I'm sure as soon as Colin knows something concrete he'll let us all know. In the mean time, I think it's best if we spend our time trying to help other members of the forum. So many need encouragement and support.

PS. I should mention, moderators don't have access to information like IP addresses...etc. That would have to be something that's looked into by our tech team.

[09...]

I am absolutely certain that he is still in hospital and has got fed up with BB  for some reason (or sudden change of mood).  I expected his thread would end like this and I am also certain that he, not his brother concocted his last few posts.

He did contact Una, so hopefully she has got back to him by now and given him some sensible advice.

Don't forget that he is on 120 mg valium x 3 a day (according to him) so he must be off his trolley logic wise and mood wise atm

Let's stop worrying about him, wish him well,  and move on.

They must be Siamese twins then because Stephen's brother writes exactly the same as Stephen himself. I'm not a native English speaker but I had never heard of the expression "to convey thanks" and it sounds unusually pedantic when "to say thanks" would have been just fine and more comprehensible. That smells of dandywayhighman. The "god bless" part also seems rather unsurprising since most of his posts ended like that.

The brother also seems to worship Stephen as much as Stephen worships himself ("flawed genius", anyone ?). Didn't he just write about his amazingly high IQ just a few posts earlier ?

And why would his brother be so stupid and insensible to come on the forum and act like Stephen is dead without telling us what actually happened ? No genius in that family if you ask me.

Didn,t mean that i believe him, just that he wroth that he is dandy his brother, and not that his name is also stephen.....

That,s al....

Hi folks,

Without proof all members are treated as if they are truly suffering withdrawal...even if there is some doubt. It's the only fair way to progress (as many of you have). We don't have enough information at this time to update this situation. I point you to Colin's message on this thread:

Dandy,

I've restricted your account. I'll send you a PM in a few minutes with an e-mail address - you will be

unable to respond to my PM.

As far as I know Colin doesn't know more than any of us. I have my suspicions just as you do but nothing's been confirmed at this time. I'm sure as soon as Colin knows something concrete he'll let us all know. In the mean time, I think it's best if we spend our time trying to help other members of the forum. So many need encouragement and support.

PS. I should mention, moderators don't have access to information like IP addresses...etc. That would have to be something that's looked into by our tech team.

You and other members of the BB team as well as forum members have popped into this thread numerous times bringing up the fact that others here need help. I agree...so why doesnt someone lock this train wreck of a thread for the love of god??? Whatever anyone believes about Dandy let him start a new thread if he ever shows up again.

This was one sick puppy. If I believe everything posted and he did not survive he is in a better place. I for one am done checking on him.

Hi folks,

Dandy,

I've restricted your account. I'll send you a PM in a few minutes with an e-mail address - you will be

unable to respond to my PM.

You and other members of the BB team as well as forum members have popped into this thread numerous times bringing up the fact that others here need help. I agree...so why doesnt someone lock this train wreck of a thread for the love of god??? Whatever anyone believes about Dandy let him start a new thread if he ever shows up again.

I see no harm in members posting to this thread if they feel a need to express themselves and I certainly see no reason why it should be locked. We rarely lock threads. I'm sure members can post to this thread as well as help and support other members.

There have been many discrepancies associated with Dandy's membership of this forum. And, frankly, what's been posted from Dandy's account in the past 24 hours does not add up. To those members who do not understand why Dandy's account was not restricted or banned before now, you should remember that some of our members suffer from quite serious mental disorders. They can be both mentally ill and in need of support with their use or withdrawal of benzodiazepines. Although I am loath to make a judgmental call in situations like this, all things considered, I think this is just Dandy's way of moving on and, yes, create a bit of drama at the same time. It is possible, of course, that I am wrong, but the history of Dandy's participation at BB, the time-line of 'Dandy's Brother' commenting, phrasing, etc., strongly indicates that all these posts are from Dandy.* However, there is really no need for members to become frustrated or angry about this. It is clear that Dandy has problems - hopefully he is working through them. In the round, his participation at BB was not good for other members, and, seemingly, not good for him either. Dandy sometimes caused us some problems, but at others times he participated more genuinely and respectfully of other members.

I have not 'banned' dandy's account, so don't be surprised if you see him logged in. Though, he will be unable to post or send PMs. He will be able to read the comments here, so please keep this in mind. None of us can know his true situation and motivations. Although I have a lot of experience of dealing with all kinds of members in this environment, and I'm pretty sure what's going on in this case, you will note that I too have avoided absolutist language and make no judgement about dandy as a person.

Dandy has my e-mail address. If he wishes to discuss any of this with me, he can get in touch. I do not intend to allow him back to the forum for the foreseeable future, but I will not totally close the door. If it is true that he has been taking massive doses of benzodiazepines (I think this is true), his behaviour should not surprise us.

Good luck, Dandy.

Colin.

*To clear up this question: Dandy used a mobile device to access this forum. So, even if he changed location (hospital, for example), this would not change his IP address.

There was just something so tragic about Dandy. I think there were a lot of people who really wanted to try to help him. I hope he finds his way.

Thank you Colin, I expressed my concern regarding Dandy to the BB team before, so I'm pleased to hear your conclusion. I agree with you that everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt and treated with consideration. I also think some of the things Dandy wrote were true but some very important details just didn't add up or make sense, they were constructed most likely.

Anyway, I'm sorry for the members who were really supportive toward him on his apparent change and subsequent right path. I really respect you all.

Whether Dandy's story was all constructed I may never know and I don't mind but it is my opinion that his participation on this forum was certainly toxic.

Guitarman

Well, I suppose we really shouldn't speculate too much, but I'm going to a little bit anyway!

I'm thinking 1 of 4 possible things have happend here.

1: Dandy was a complete hoax who took us for a joy ride!

2: someone else has hijacked his account, and he is now locked out.

3: the worsed has happend, which if true would be very sad!

4: he has some kind of multi personallity disorder.....

I'm dead certain the Admins are doing all they can to get to the bottom of it.

all we can do is wait and see what enlightenment comes our way.

I'm not sure we're going to learn too much more than we already know. I think Colin may be right. Dandy had decided to end his run here and decided to go out with a bang...although that's just speculation. I hope we can all move on as well.  :)

[11...]
I believe this chapter is pretty much closed as far as forum members are concerned, and moving on to help myself and others is what I intend to do.

dandy had problems that extended beyond benzo use. He had a personality disorder, likely narcissistic or borderline. it's hard to fake stuff like that. I guarantee pretending to post as his brother was some extension to feed his narcissistic supply. i dont think it was a schizophrenic fugue, or some temporary lapse of psychosis. even if he was a troll, he must have some understanding of being through mental illness to malinger that well... he was genuinely unstable, a powder keg. i knew it from the beginning...  this thread should be closed.

McKleansd:

This was one sick puppy. If I believe everything posted and he did not survive he is in a better place. I for one am done checking on him.

Nice one...

And this:

JC90:

dandy had problems that extended beyond benzo use. He had a personality disorder, likely narcissistic or borderline. it's hard to fake stuff like that. I guarantee pretending to post as his brother was some extension to feed his narcissistic supply. i dont think it was a schizophrenic fugue, or some temporary lapse of psychosis. even if he was a troll, he must have some understanding of being through mental illness to malinger that well... he was genuinely unstable, a powder keg. i knew it from the beginning...  this thread should be closed.

Are you a psychiatrist?

'this thread should be closed.'

Are you kidding? This has been the entertainment of the week (month...year?). People were hanging on dandy's every word. People are only annoyed because he's gone. Look at the thousands of hits this thread has. Our voyeurism has been thwarted and we don't like it!

[4d...]