in despair after so called psych appointment

[da...]

McKleansd:

JC90:

dandy had problems that extended beyond benzo use. He had a personality disorder, likely narcissistic or borderline. it's hard to fake stuff like that. I guarantee pretending to post as his brother was some extension to feed his narcissistic supply. i dont think it was a schizophrenic fugue, or some temporary lapse of psychosis. even if he was a troll, he must have some understanding of being through mental illness to malinger that well... he was genuinely unstable, a powder keg. i knew it from the beginning...  this thread should be closed.

Are you a psychiatrist?

'this thread should be closed.'

Are you kidding? This has been the entertainment of the week (month...year?). People were hanging on dandy's every word. People are only annoyed because he's gone. Look at the thousands of hits this thread has. Our voyeurism has been thwarted and we don't like it!

Exactly. His presence has become a worn-out novelty, not a genuine point of concern or some great tale of redemption and compassion. It is threads like these that confirm my original gut feeling when I signed up for BB, namely that this place is toxic. I don't want to drift back into this line of thinking anymore, but melodrama and questionable behaviour like this doesn't really help.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [da...]

• [Ho...]

• [Sv...]

• [To...]

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is such a small part of what this forum is about. It really doesn't make sense to judge based on posts from one very sick individual. BB does so much good for so many.

Dandy is Dandy.

I am me.

And you are you.

Not Dandy's (or anyone else's) story is my story.

My healing, and your healing, is real and in the process of being fully fulfilled. ;)

Some people wonder if he is a real person or a person on the Internet intent on attempting to scare others. Recovery is a time where we are vulnerable, confused, and scared. And so from time to time silly people on the Internet have tried to be dramatic and come on the forum disguised.

It's dumb, and it is to be ignored. :) Not feared.

Recovery is artificially "scary" feeling. But it will pass. I was in that place where things seemed dark and fearful. Anything "extra" on television or a movie or reading things on the forum could be awful when I felt like this.

Take heart, friends. We are healing. We may never know if Dandy was a real person who was just hurting and confused, or someone else.

He is- regardless- a person hurting in some way and in need of help.

So I pray he gets that. And in the meantime, I let go any concern that it relates to me in any way.

Nothing about Dandy has any bearing on my healing or your healing.

Take a deep breath and breathe in relief and logic.

We are all still healing, and recovery is inevitable.

Read my early posts and read my latest posts.

This stuff can last awhile perceptually, but it all goes away.

Be encouraged. Confusion and fear and being irrational is all normal in recovery. For Dandy or any of us. But let logic win out. Follow me when I say- "You are recovering. Keep putting one foot in front if the other. You are you. And your story has a happy ending. It's coming. I have seen the worst pass. Fear is gone. I had it bad and it is all gone."

No matter what occurs on an Internet forum, I assure you, I am an everyday person. I was a teacher. A mom. Given these drugs for post-partum insomnia. I came through the worst hell getting off if them. My recovery was a brain injury. And I had it all. And I healed. It's been 2 years. The finish line is in sight.

Whether I'm speaking to Dandy or anyone else, that outcome of recovery it inevitable and it has nothing to do with anyone else's story.

But if you have to hang on to a promise and an example, look to the people who you trust and who are good to you and speak with love and concern for you.

Healing is real. Nobody else's situation can change yours whether they are trying to or not!  :smitten:

:)Parker

Wow.  This thread is like the mess hall of a mental ward on Thanksgiving. Holy Jesus... Somebody... hit the reset button please. FormatC: [Enter]

See you back in the SUPPORT and RECOVERY Room

Dandy had decided to end his run here and decided to go out with a bang.

got to give him credit ~ Dandy went out with a bang instead of a whimper like they said in The Big Chill :)

hi stephen you little ''Shakespeare''.

just saw you are online. i still wish you all the best and hope you can come out of this mess.

its never too late.

i would keep contact to una (BAT) and make a new start.

like you always used to say...''GOD BLESS'':

hi stephen you little ''Shakespeare''.

just saw you are online. i still wish you all the best and hope you can come out of this mess.

its never too late.

i would keep contact to una (BAT) and make a new start.

like you always used to say...''GOD BLESS'':

:thumbsup:

:laugh:

Wow.  This thread is like the mess hall of a mental ward on Thanksgiving. Holy Jesus... Somebody... hit the reset button please. FormatC: [Enter]

See you back in the SUPPORT and RECOVERY Room

Sorry, but I find that a bit offensive. The need for humor shouldn't come with the price tag of stigma.

As for Dan, I find it helpful to steer clear of people online who demand or create consistent drama requiring attention and support. Those things are best found offline with family and friends. There are some wonderful online communities (even large ones with Secret Santa type activities!  :)) but none should be a sole system of support for anything. Just my opinion.  :P

Are you kidding? This has been the entertainment of the week (month...year?). People were hanging on dandy's every word. People are only annoyed because he's gone. Look at the thousands of hits this thread has. Our voyeurism has been thwarted and we don't like it!

I disagree with this statement. I do not believe for a second that most folk checking this thread were doing so out of 'voyeurism' but genuine concern. I found that remark a bit offensive to be honest.

I know that a lot of the people posting were only trying to encourage Dandy through a rough time. In my case I was concerned for the good health of this forum and I thought Dandy was not a good addition to it. That's my opinion only and only my opinion. I'm glad he's not participating any longer in the forum. Nevertheless, I wish him well if he's genuinely suffering.

Hi folks,

Without proof all members are treated as if they are truly suffering withdrawal...even if there is some doubt. It's the only fair way to progress (as many of you have). We don't have enough information at this time to update this situation. I point you to Colin's message on this thread:

Dandy,

I've restricted your account. I'll send you a PM in a few minutes with an e-mail address - you will be

unable to respond to my PM.

Alternatively, you may create a ticket at the Help Desk:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?action=helpdesk;sa=main;dept=4

As far as I know Colin doesn't know more than any of us. I have my suspicions just as you do but nothing's been confirmed at this time. I'm sure as soon as Colin knows something concrete he'll let us all know. In the mean time, I think it's best if we spend our time trying to help other members of the forum. So many need encouragement and support.

PS. I should mention, moderators don't have access to information like IP addresses...etc. That would have to be something that's looked into by our tech team.

You and other members of the BB team as well as forum members have popped into this thread numerous times bringing up the fact that others here need help. I agree...so why doesnt someone lock this train wreck of a thread for the love of god??? Whatever anyone believes about Dandy let him start a new thread if he ever shows up again.

I see no harm in members posting to this thread if they feel a need to express themselves and I certainly see no reason why it should be locked. We rarely lock threads. I'm sure members can post to this thread as well as help and support other members.

With all due respect Hope, most people can do two things at once but focus probably suffers and not everyone has unlimited amounts of time to dedicate. People can express themselves here in any of the thousands of threads or start their own. This thread caused and can continue to cause divivisness and distraction. It's probably my own weakness but I lost an hour of much needed sleep checking for updates after dandys "brother" hinted he passed away, it was disturbing. Again, that's my own fault. I would love to see 42 pages devoted to one of the many threads that start with "pls help" or "I'm scared". Let someone come forward and say "I was suffering so much, thank god for this dandy thread".  It's human nature to not want to look at a car wreck but people do because they can't look away. Well, there a car wreck right here in the forum. The bad outweighs any potential good by a large margin. JC90 said this thread contributes to his suspicion that this board is toxic. What if others who can genuinely contribute and help feel the same and wind up leaving? I will say it again: this thread need needs to be locked.

Did you guys notice the literary foreshadowing he used when he said that if the worst were to happen his 'brother' would post on his behalf? For the past couple of weeks I had just seen this as entertainment because whether he was real or fake it was clear that it was all just self-serving attention-seeking dramatic  nonsense. For those of you who believed him and were supportive just think of it as a good exercise in being patient and supportive of the worst possible people. Good for you! I don't have that kind of dedication. His story helped to keep my mind off my own troubles so it was worth it for that. Early on I was thinking, "Well now I know how to get attention on this board, just say I have just taken a shitload of clonazepam and I'm suicidal to boot."  :laugh: I was suspicious a long time ago when he first started with that. Take care everyone and don't take anything personally. And if Dandy is reading this I don't give a dam.

Hi folks,

Without proof all members are treated as if they are truly suffering withdrawal...even if there is some doubt. It's the only fair way to progress (as many of you have). We don't have enough information at this time to update this situation. I point you to Colin's message on this thread:

Dandy,

I've restricted your account. I'll send you a PM in a few minutes with an e-mail address - you will be

unable to respond to my PM.

Alternatively, you may create a ticket at the Help Desk:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?action=helpdesk;sa=main;dept=4

As far as I know Colin doesn't know more than any of us. I have my suspicions just as you do but nothing's been confirmed at this time. I'm sure as soon as Colin knows something concrete he'll let us all know. In the mean time, I think it's best if we spend our time trying to help other members of the forum. So many need encouragement and support.

PS. I should mention, moderators don't have access to information like IP addresses...etc. That would have to be something that's looked into by our tech team.

You and other members of the BB team as well as forum members have popped into this thread numerous times bringing up the fact that others here need help. I agree...so why doesnt someone lock this train wreck of a thread for the love of god??? Whatever anyone believes about Dandy let him start a new thread if he ever shows up again.

I see no harm in members posting to this thread if they feel a need to express themselves and I certainly see no reason why it should be locked. We rarely lock threads. I'm sure members can post to this thread as well as help and support other members.

With all due respect Hope, most people can do two things at once but focus probably suffers and not everyone has unlimited amounts of time to dedicate. People can express themselves here in any of the thousands of threads or start their own. This thread caused and can continue to cause divivisness and distraction. It's probably my own weakness but I lost an hour of much needed sleep checking for updates after dandys "brother" hinted he passed away, it was disturbing. Again, that's my own fault. I would love to see 42 pages devoted to one of the many threads that start with "pls help" or "I'm scared". Let someone come forward and say "I was suffering so much, thank god for this dandy thread".  It's human nature to not want to look at a car wreck but people do because they can't look away. Well, there a car wreck right here in the forum. The bad outweighs any potential good by a large margin. JC90 said this thread contributes to his suspicion that this board is toxic. What if others who can genuinely contribute and help feel the same and wind up leaving? I will say it again: this thread need needs to be locked.

Hi Tom,

I think if you feel strongly about having this thread locked you should use the "report this post" feature and let the moderation team know how you feel. I don't have access to the functions to lock a thread. It could be that you're right. I have to admit, I had hoped this would have died down by now.

frus333:

For those of you who believed him and were supportive just think of it as a good exercise in being patient and supportive of the worst possible people. (My emphasis.)

'Worst possible people'... just listen to yourself! You don't even know this person or what his troubles might be. He has harmed no one!

For the past couple of weeks I had just seen this as entertainment because whether he was real or fake it was clear that it was all just self-serving attention-seeking dramatic  nonsense

In that case you were a willing and eager participant in this 'dramatic nonsense'.

And if Dandy is reading this I don't give a dam (sic).

Caring. Much!

Tom:

this thread need needs to be locked

Why are you still reading and contributing to it? ???

(Accidental 'bold' - it won't turn off on my crappy laptop!)

This is getting messy and if Dandy is genuine and reading it, it won't do him any good.

I think I am in agreement with locking the thread.

coots

Certainly, until the team has decided if it is to be locked, if members stopped posting to this thread it would quickly be buried. ;)

Go and take another Xanax, Xana. You obviously need it.

This is over the top. What a terrible thing to say to someone trying to get off benzos.

frus333:

For those of you who believed him and were supportive just think of it as a good exercise in being patient and supportive of the worst possible people. (My emphasis.)

'Worst possible people'... just listen to yourself! You don't even know this person or what his troubles might be. He has harmed no one!

For the past couple of weeks I had just seen this as entertainment because whether he was real or fake it was clear that it was all just self-serving attention-seeking dramatic  nonsense

In that case you were a willing and eager participant in this 'dramatic nonsense'.

Caring. Much!

Tom:

This is uncalled for, frus333. Please treat all our members with respect. Xana is entitled to her opinion just as are you. Let's not turn on each other.

frus333:

Caring. Much!

Tom:

This is uncalled for, frus333. Please treat all our members with respect. Xana is entitled to her opinion just as are you. Let's not turn on each other.

She attacked me first and for God's sake doesn't anybody have a sense of humor?

frus333:

Caring. Much!

Tom:

She attacked me first and for God's sake doesn't anybody have a sense of humor?

We are not children. The "she did it first" logic doesn't apply. I am asking that ALL personal comments stop...from ALL members.

Instead of posting more comments to this thread, let's get out on the forum and help our members:

The following members need support:

This member is upset because she is missing family functions

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=92111.0

This member is having suicidal thoughts:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=92097.0

This member hasn't gotten any replies and is wondering if he/she should reinstate:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=92109.0

I have seen your great capacity for comfort and compassion. Let's let that come forward now instead of continuing on this path of negativity. Help our members who desperately need it.

[cb...]