Benzo Lies That Have Been Busted

[Ri...]

Wow, thank you.  I am drowning in it, them, but holding on cause never been like this before terror, no hope and dread.  Thank you again! 

• 1 month later...

these are my benzolies (i hope) any can any healed person say something about them?

i wont heal more than this

i am different to everyone else and worse

i only have mentals that really really scares me that i am damaged

if i heal i will take 5 years

i am scared i am no moments of myself everyone else has 100% windows

there is something wrong because i feel awful every second

these are my benzolies (i hope) any can any healed person say something about them?

i wont heal more than this

i am different to everyone else and worse

i only have mentals that really really scares me that i am damaged

if i heal i will take 5 years

i am scared i am no moments of myself everyone else has 100% windows

there is something wrong because i feel awful every second

well, i do hope some who is healed can come on here and see this and get back to these benzo lies but i just wanted to share that i have:

if i heal it will take me between 7-10 years.

I had all of those and they do go away.

There is something about benzo wd that affects your ability to be positive and hopeful. I think it is the flood of fear that is coloring ALL of our thoughts and emotions. With this fearful filter on everything we perceive, it was impossible for me, and many others to think a positive thought during acute phase of recovery.

Even though you cannot see it now, if you hold on long enough, you eventually will return to pre -benzo life.

The trick is to manage your mind so that you live long enough to enjoy the rewards of your heroic efforts.

All one has to do to recover is to survive. That's it. Give your body enough time to return to its natural state before benzos and drugs.

If you ride it out long enough, no matter how crazy it is in your thoughts and emotions, eventually you will be ok.

During my withdrawal I became crazier than an out house mouse - I thought I had gone too far to ever come back.

And now I'm loving my life. This will happen to you too, if you keep moving forward each hour, each day -  then, at some point,  you will be ok.

River  :smitten:

What a great thread, thank you.

I was thinking today that I was maybe better off on medication than coming off all of it. I feel it is so hard at times and I have been feeling stressed, naturally for a while now and of course it is natural, it is real, it is ME that is feeling again and I am still on my taper.

It proves to me that even on the taper down, I am beginning to heal.

I feel less numb and if I am numb, then it is because it is a real life situation that causes it, not a drug. There was a death in my family recently, it was normal to cry, to feel numb for a day or two.

I feel stressed, it is normal. My daughter is having a difficult time adjusting to being home again, studying, boyfriend problems, stress every day but it is good to have her home and it is also good to FEEL again even though it is not that pleasant. It is me, feeling......

So much to be grateful for, I am counting my blessings and thank you River Wolf. :smitten:

• 1 month later...

Here are my big fears:

I will/am having a heart attack and will die

I will stop breathing and die

I will have or am having a brain aneurism or stroke

I will never recover and life is over

I am afraid to be or don't deserve to be happy

I will be like this forever

These are just a few fears

i think the biggest lie for the believer is that

God has abandoned me.....

and once you start to turn away from Him, you are turning away from the hope, from the love, from the strength, from your inner true self, from your future, from other people that need you..... :'(

http://hurtquotes.wordpress.com/2014/02/14/you-say-god-says/

River, great post  :smitten:

eva

• 2 weeks later...

Ruby 12 ...

I am with you on ALL of those fears.

They aren't as bad now that I have been off for three months...but I still get those little waves of panic!

It makes me appreciate the windows of feeling great MUCH more. I am more grateful now than I have ever been in my life.

But I still hate those fears......

Emily

I really believed all those Benzo Lies for many months. It was River Wolf putting it into words that started me on the road to coping with withdrawal. That, and all the support and encouragement I got from people here. For me, just knowing that other people had had all the same fears (ie lies) in their heads made me feel better, safer somehow. Knowing that these kinds of thoughts were normal in withdrawal really helped me get through some bad months.

east

:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

HI River,

you think this inner voice that its torturing me,,,,

you are poly drugged and kindled, you won't make it this time!!!!!!!

its also BIG benzo lies???????

eva :smitten:

Eva - it's another benzo lie.

Eat a diet of natural unprocessed food that promotes nerve regeneration, mainly fruit and vegetables and let time heal you.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Benzo lie number 231...

You will never have a big love in your life ever again.

Lie busted.by River Wolf.

River , this is amazing and wonderful. Benzos do shut down our feelings

and we don't realize......they mess up our souls.....

can anyone believe it ? ......I am sure not, unless they had experience !

So happy for you, this woman must be very lucky indeed.....

I envy her ;).........wish you both lots of happiness. :)

Thanks Sal..

It's so crazy with benzos can do to your mind, they can make you think that you are done for good.

Big, big, big lie...

The best can be yet to come for you, but you will believe with all your heart and soul that you are done for...

... Never to bounce back....

just another one of those damn benzo lies...

... They are so so nasty, stealing your hopes, and your dreams,

... Lies, all of it all of the benzo talki in your head is just lies lies lies...

If you don't feel good about what you are thinking or feeling during WD, it's probably a benzo lie.

You will bounce back bigger and better than ever.

Benzo lie number 231...

You will never have a big love in your life ever again.

Lie busted.by River Wolf.

River , this is amazing and wonderful. Benzos do shut down our feelings

and we don't realize......they mess up our souls.....

can anyone believe it ? ......I am sure not, unless they had experience !

So happy for you, this woman must be very lucky indeed.....

I envy her ;).........wish you both lots of happiness. :)

Thank you ... she has a little River Wolf tattoo on her shoulder... it's so cute!

... She likes to look down and see it, and she thinks of me.

Haha river youre the best! Hope youve been doing awesome! Ive been kinda in the dumps and crummy needed to read your goodies and get out of this wave somehow

Haha river youre the best! Hope youve been doing awesome! Ive been kinda in the dumps and crummy needed to read your goodies and get out of this wave somehow

It will happen when it happens, all you have to do is live long enough to enjoy it when it comes. Hold on bud, okay?