Benzo Lies That Have Been Busted

[Ri...]

• 3 weeks later...

This is one of the better threads. It is depressing to see a lot of the other negative postings, and refreshing to have one that is uplifting.

Excellent Post!

Preston-

It also is a wonder that any of us are able, at times, to be clear in our thoughts. I find that I say things I don't mean, and am unable to communicate due to the w/d.

I understand your post, and wish you well!

This is one of the better threads. It is depressing to see a lot of the other negative postings, and refreshing to have one that is uplifting.

Excellent Post!

Preston-

It also is a wonder that any of us are able, at times, to be clear in our thoughts. I find that I say things I don't mean, and am unable to communicate due to the w/d.

I understand your post, and wish you well!

Preston has not been online since the 28th of October, but not because of our

misunderstanding . we made friends and i miss him actually.

He mentioned going overseas and i hope he comes back one day. :)

• 4 weeks later...
Hi river. Thanks for this great post. I'm being lied to 24/7 and feel so hopeless. 3 months off and this withdrawal is almost unbearable. The benzos are telling me all of the lies you mentioned. Trying so hard not to listen. Any reassurance would be appreciated.

Hi PurpleGirl -

This may sound kinda crazy to you right now, but the feeling of being lied to all the time by the benzos means that you are right on track for your healing.

What you are going through is all part of the process.

The doubt, the fear, the uncertainty .  .  .

it's all normal and part of the deal. Most of us here on BB go through it.

The benzos act on the part of your brain and nervous systems that shut off your connection to the greater aspects of your self - your soul and your higher Self.

This is the part of you that is connected to the Love of the universe - your source. This energy is necessary to balance your emotions. The love is needed to balance the fear we feel from living in this world.

You are still receiving this energy - you just can't feel it - and this is why you are feeling so strange.

This experience is unlike anything humans go through in their natural lives. This is why you are feeling so unnatural right now - because you are experiencing an anomaly.

But - it is temporary, and you will move out of it.

So the thing to do is to read these words, and even though you cannot feel them and understand what they mean because of how your emotions are disrupted right now, they will bring you some relief knowing this is what is happening.

You are not alone, even though it feels like it now. We are with you, and you are safe even though you do not feel like it.

You are right on track honey - so hold on and keep breathing - breathe a little deeper and slower than normal, and one day you will move back into your life.

It can come on you slowly, or it can happen all of a sudden with a big window, but you WILL move back into a better life. It will be better than ever because you will appreciate it so much more.

Big wolf hug for you -  :smitten:  :smitten:  :smitten:

River

Hi River. Thanks so much for your uplifting words. Today has to be my worst day ever in this process. I'm so very scared I am sick forever and I have been crying all day. So very upset and anxious. Breathing is erratic and I almost feel like I could reinstate. You all here at BB have encouraged me so much, but I can't get past this fear and anxiety. I thought I would feel so much better by now. Guess three months off is not that long. My heart is broken in two.    :'(

Aww PurpleGirl i'm sorry. . .

When I was where you are, I had to just focus on my breathing.

Breathe deeper and slower, and use that as your link to the other side of this.

If you reinstate, it might not work, and then you will have to come back here anyway.

I know how hard it is to try and manage your mind when it is talking to you. In my case, it there was no going back because I knew that it was a dead end road with benzos.

You still have some hope that they will work, and that makes it harder.

Your goal is to get through today. If that is too much, break it down into hours. I had to do this.

Just try to get through the next hour. And then do it again.

I suffered so badly for such a long time that I had to take it sometimes one breath at a time. That was all I could manage.

Do what you can to get to your next breath, and if you keep doing this, you will make it.

I'm so sorry dear.  :smitten:  :smitten:  :smitten:

River

I just burst into tears reading this post. Thank you, River. Gosh, I need reassurance right now because not a day goes by that I don't cry over something, and I've not even started my taper. I get so scared. Thanks for reminding us to dispel those lies!

VCharis  :smitten:

Thanks RiverWolf for your beautiful words to Purple girl!

I copied all the Benzo lies until here in order to have a reminder later on! I am never able to find old threads with this benzo brain of mine. But I do think there are some small improvements.

I have most of these bad thoughts.

I think that sometimes in the last year the benzos started talking to me,is that possible? I really hope so,because I don't feel some of my previous "certainties" were logical at all.

But what worries me is that I'll go back to being the person I was. And that isn't the Benzos speaking,it's my boyfriend.He says I'm a better person now,even if in constant need, but that I had always been prone to navel gazing and melancholia.

I really don't want to go back to being that person,always finding something to depress herself about!  :-\

Is this a bad thought?

And is it a benzo lie telling me I love my boyfriend so much and how could I have ever thought he didn't love me anymore?Which is a benzo Lie?

Hard to communicate with a benzo brain!

I  am always afraid of offending other buddies,we are in a very sensitive place and communication is not our forte now! :)

Benzo Lie - You will never have FUN again -     

Busted    by River Wolf.

I am having lots of fun now, and life has become enjoyable again - to my huge surprise.

Benzo Lie - You Will Never Enjoy Music Again - 

Busted  by  River Wolf.

I love music now, and I love playing Guitar again.  Now that I can think again I can remember the changes and my sense of time has come back and it is better than ever.

There was a time when there was NO WAY that I could find the beat no matter how hard I tried. Now it's easy and fun to play in the groove without struggling. And it feels Great.

If you are thinking that these things are behind you - don't despair. . . you will get your groove back. Life will be worth living for you again, and you will actually enjoy it more than before.

Because when you get your life back after loosing it to benzos, you will have the experience of not taking it for granted. Your life will be more precious - you will see it as the gift that it really is when you are not suffering anymore.

The benzos have a way of shorting out our brains at a fundamental level that takes our hope away. This happens on such a basic level that this loss feels permanent and final.

As you progress in your nerve regeneration, your brain processes will return to the pre-benzo state and your hope and connection to life will return.

You have this to look forward to - and more. So hold on and keep on doing what you need to get through the day and one day you will be having fun again and enjoying your life. :thumbsup:  :smitten:

River

• 2 weeks later...
I am only a short term user...but I needed this so much today. These have been dark days and I am trying to just exist. I want my life back so badly. I am willing to deal with the problems I was having before the drug, but I fear that drs will want to prescribe me more drugs.

but I fear that drs will want to prescribe me more drugs.

I would suggest educating yourself to find alternatives to drugs. You do have a right to your body. Generally.

A patient advocate can help if you are having trouble with benzo brain. Or seek the help of a friend.

A great post. You are so smart. I enjoy all your postsas well as all your replies to posts.  Benzo lie...I will never be normal again.

******Benzo Lie Busted*******

I can't go anywhere without my little orange bottle.  I must have them stashed everywhere like a squirrel stashes nuts.  In my car, in my jacket, in my office desk drawer................

http://wallpapersfor.me/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/squirrel-nut-cute-animal-nature-grass-1920x1280.jpg

This post cracks me up - it's worthy of a bump.

See that fiendish look on his face -  that was me!

But it's all gone now, and I'm happier than ever.

Thank you ChinaDoll    :laugh:  :smitten:

River

******Benzo Lie Busted*******

I can't go anywhere without my little orange bottle.  I must have them stashed everywhere like a squirrel stashes nuts.  In my car, in my jacket, in my office desk drawer................

http://wallpapersfor.me/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/squirrel-nut-cute-animal-nature-grass-1920x1280.jpg

This post cracks me up - it's worthy of a bump.

See that fiendish look on his face -  that was me!

But it's all gone now, and I'm happier than ever.

Thank you ChinaDoll    :laugh:  :smitten:

River

Aint it sumtin how a much a little time can change things River?

I am no longer tied to that lil orange bottle anymore.  I now even forget to take my blood pressure pill at nite because I no longer need it to tame the w/d anxiety.  I had to stick a post it on my bathroom mirror to remind myself to take it!

And isn't the little squirrelly guy cute .. fiendish eyes and all!    ;)

:smitten:

China

Hello all. This is a wonderful thread as I am in early stage of taper from Klonopin. I am very depressed (suicidal thoughts constant). I was feeling this way BEFORE the taper. May I ask if anyone suffers from depression BEFORE the taper? I am so worried that my depression will stay the same even after done with taper. I am hoping that the long term use of the benzo is what has made my depression SO much worse. Depression sufferers, are you there? Please comment back. I wish this site had a chat room it would so nice to chat in real time. Tnx :smitten:

Depression sufferers, are you there? Please comment back.

groovejuice - we have a depression thread here:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=99898.msg1283327#msg1283327

I hope you can find some help there.

If you think you may act on the thoughts of self harm you must call for real world help.

Your priority is to stay safe - then recover from benzos - in that order.

River

Oh River

For the past few weeks I have been wailing like a demented banshee and looking at your picture of your wolf this is me howling and I mean howling.

I have just read all that you have wrote about benzo lies and my this applies to me. Right at this moment in time I am waiting for a phone call from my doctor with the results of a recent CT scan that I have had because of the stomach pain that I have had. More on my blog and other posts that I have written :D

A CT scan that will probably show nothing but the pain is so bad. It is now just over 6 months since I came off my drugs and I never thought what I am going through could be due to withdrawal off these drugs. Am I that stupid or have I just been burying my head in the sand.

I can not believe that another human being by giving us a pill can make one suffer so much once we stop taking them. But of course we are not supposed to come off them. And because those of us that have done so or are still tapering we are the ones that know what we are going through. Not the doctors us the victims of these drugs.

Thank you River so much for your post it makes me want to live as at the moment I am a live but I certainly don't feel as if I am.

Duck :smitten:

Aww DD - I'm so sorry you are still suffering.

At some point the pain will diminish.

Honestly, I don't know how I made it, but I did.

Actually, I do know - I took it one breath at a time.  And one day, I started getting better.

You have to get past this point. That is your challenge. Take care of today, and then that's all you can do. Tomorrow will be tomorrow.

River  :smitten:

"At some point the pain will diminish.

Honestly, I don't know how I made it, but I did.

Actually, I do know - I took it one breath at a time.  And one day, I started getting better.

You have to get past this point. That is your challenge. Take care of today, and then that's all you can do. Tomorrow will be tomorrow."

River Wolf.....

These are some great thoughts that helped me when I read them! Thank you so much!! I needed this today.

• 2 weeks later...
TY River, sorry for late reply. I try to take it one day at a time, hour, minute even. I cant take care of myself very well and unable to work. Disability system is a joke and i dont want it..i want my life back....sigh. Goin to check your link tnx again :smitten: