Benzo Lies That Have Been Busted

[Ri...]

Thank you River Wolf,

This is a list of lies Fliprain wrote for me during a time of depression

Big Fat Benzo Lies,

1. I'm different. I'll never heal fully.

2. I will grow old and die alone.

3. I'll never be able to support myself again.

4. Why is everyone else feeling good and doing more and I'm not?

5. I tapered too fast, too slow.

6. I was kindled, poly drugged...it's different for me.

7. These symptoms  can't be just benzos. I must have a horrible disease.

8. I'm ok right now, but down the road, I'm going to have an event that sets me back.

9. My CNS is fried and will never really recover.

10. I have wasted my life.

Molly :smitten:

I think this list covers many of the benzo lies I see on the forum every day.

Thank you River Wolf,

This is a list of lies Fliprain wrote for me during a time of depression

Big Fat Benzo Lies,

1. I'm different. I'll never heal fully.

2. I will grow old and die alone.

3. I'll never be able to support myself again.

4. Why is everyone else feeling good and doing more and I'm not?

5. I tapered too fast, too slow.

6. I was kindled, poly drugged...it's different for me.

7. These symptoms  can't be just benzos. I must have a horrible disease.

8. I'm ok right now, but down the road, I'm going to have an event that sets me back.

9. My CNS is fried and will never really recover.

10. I have wasted my life.

Molly :smitten:

I think this list covers many of the benzo lies I see on the forum every day.

Definitely PG  :thumbsup: their some of  my most  prominent ones along with severe symptoms  :(

Nova  :smitten:

• 1 month later...

and who can hardly breathe?  tinnitus?  think about the past?  always tired?  agitated?

Pretty much everyone here.  Here is our list of symptoms, I've seen members describe many more though.  http://www.benzobuddies.org/benzodiazepine-information/withdrawal-symptoms/

I had several.of these when I tried to cold turkey.

So, I am.going.to believe that since I am.doing a slow taper that I am not.going to experience much of these at all. Also, I am prepared and know that I can make it through them. This post has helped me with the head space I am currently in. Knowing that I have experienced these symptoms and am still here gives me strength.

I just feel more.prepared after reading this post. Thano you Pamster for all you continue to do.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

"It's ok to raise my clonazepam dose for a little while if I'm craving alcohol after quitting. Alcohol is poison, so I'm better off taking more clonazepam as long as I don't drink. I'll get back to tapering off clonazepam once I'm done with alcohol."

"While tapering off clonazepam, it's ok to start drinking again to deal with the withdrawal. It's ok to just to buy one more six pack as long as I stick to the taper and don't raise my clonazepam dose again. I'll just do it tonight and stop drinking again tomorrow."

Coming off both at the same time leads to this vicious cycle. This one isn't a lie.

Coming off both at the same time leads to this vicious cycle. This one isn't a lie.

Not sure. I did not plan to almost have to give up alcohol, because of Valium withdrawals. I was not a heavy drinker. But still drinking 10 beers a week ( more or less ). Now 1-2 a week. And no Valium.

It's maybe making the withdrawals stronger, but ... Drinking while having withdrawals makes me sick. And if I feel okay, alcohol could make me feel bad. So no choices ?

Not sure. I did not plan to almost have to give up alcohol, because of Valium withdrawals. I was not a heavy drinker. But still drinking 10 beers a week ( more or less ). Now 1-2 a week. And no Valium.

It's maybe making the withdrawals stronger, but ... Drinking while having withdrawals makes me sick. And if I feel okay, alcohol could make me feel bad. So no choices ?

1-2 a week probably isn't harmful, unless it's like you say where it makes your benzo withdrawal worse. I wish it wasn't like this. Alcohol during benzo withdrawal makes me feel less bad about things. It only makes me feel better that night. The next day I feel worse than if I hadn't had any alcohol at all. What's the solution to this? Drinking every day, which isn't a solution at all. It makes everything worse as soon as the initial effects of the alcohol wear off.

Good luck, by the way. Valium withdrawals feel like they last a long time, but things get better afterwards. You might not need to quit drinking for good like I plan to. I have never felt like I'm "addicted" to benzos like Klonopin and Valium. I am obviously physically dependent on benzos at the moment. I've never felt any cravings for them or even liked how they felt. Alcohol is different. It has been the one real addiction in my life. I have mastered the art of tapering off heavy drinking when I had been drinking too much. The cravings and memories of the good times I had while drinking have led to me going back to it over and over when I know it's bad for me.

I am close to quitting both of them for good. I know that benzo withdrawal for me means feeling bad for a while before things start to get better. Having to actively resist alcohol cravings is something I'll have to deal with for the rest of my life.

• 2 months later...

1-2 a week probably isn't harmful, unless it's like you say where it makes your benzo withdrawal worse. I wish it wasn't like this. Alcohol during benzo withdrawal makes me feel less bad about things. It only makes me feel better that night. The next day I feel worse than if I hadn't had any alcohol at all. What's the solution to this? Drinking every day, which isn't a solution at all. It makes everything worse as soon as the initial effects of the alcohol wear off.

Good luck, by the way. Valium withdrawals feel like they last a long time, but things get better afterwards. You might not need to quit drinking for good like I plan to. I have never felt like I'm "addicted" to benzos like Klonopin and Valium. I am obviously physically dependent on benzos at the moment. I've never felt any cravings for them or even liked how they felt. Alcohol is different. It has been the one real addiction in my life. I have mastered the art of tapering off heavy drinking when I had been drinking too much. The cravings and memories of the good times I had while drinking have led to me going back to it over and over when I know it's bad for me.

I am close to quitting both of them for good. I know that benzo withdrawal for me means feeling bad for a while before things start to get better. Having to actively resist alcohol cravings is something I'll have to deal with for the rest of my life.

I never really craved them either, per se.

Only at night, I did. I liked the drowsiness they caused.

Other than that, not really crave.

There really wasn't much euphoria. More like just drowsy and eliminated anxiety.

• 3 months later...

Looking back, there were many:

- I would never get better, and even if I did... I wouldn't want to live.

- You're going to seizure.

- You're going to die in your sleep.

- You're going to smother to death.

- You're worthless.

- You're going to go mad.

There were many upon many.

I wouldn't listen to them. It def. deceptive.

I feel the one where even if I healed I wouldn't want to live again but not only is my brain destroyed I reported it and got locked up for it. Almost lost my kid. Have lost years and yrs of motherhood and the idiot drs did a hysterectomy for no reason. I have no identity all I am is the looping trauma and injury. So could it be possibly true for some? I did go mad

• 1 month later...

The "lies" I don't know if they will be busted or not

1. I'm too traumatized to heal

2. Even if I healed I wouldn't know it

3. Even if I healed I'd still want to be gone

4. My husband needs to be set free of me

5. My kid is better off without me

5. I am one of the top 5 worst (truly though I know this to be true)

6. If I healed no one would employ someone who went nuts and to hospitals

7. I'm perm s

8. My motherhood is gone so why bother

9. I could prob keep writing this for hundreds of things

10. My brain is far too injured to heal fully anyway

11. I wouldn't overcome half of this let alone all

The great part about this thread is that even if you don’t believe they’re lies yet, time proves they are.  :thumbsup:
  • Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...

Benzo Bully, you’ve been busted!

Lie it told - you’ll never drive again.

Proof that it was a lie - For two weeks I’ve been driving around my parking lot with little to no problem so far! Time to go out further this week!

:thumbsup:

Benzo Bully, you’ve been busted!

Lie it told - you’ll never drive again.

Proof that it was a lie - For two weeks I’ve been driving around my parking lot with little to no problem so far! Time to go out further this week!

:thumbsup:

:smitten::thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  :smitten:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I’ve always appreciated this thread because it’s crazy how this process takes over our thought processes.  I’ve always tried to be a positive person but while going through this, I couldn’t connect to that part of me.  I was being bombarded with negative thoughts and catastrophic thinking.  How can a tiny pill fundamentally change who we are?  

I know it sounds absurd to those who have never gone through this but the drug does lie to us, it creates a whole new reality that we can’t see past.  

• 2 months later...