• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [pr...]

• [ea...]

• [Ca...]

• [mc...]

[e7...]

Resurrection, here.  I've had this all of my life too, but moreso during my taper.  I've mostly enjoyed this throughout my life, but last Fall it was this song EVERY D**N night before bed and IMMEDIATELY when I'd wake up.  I got so tired of this song I wanted to scream. This was also during a time when I couldn't listen to music. I finally listened to it during a walk one night and thought huh. Maybe I was hearing this in my mind for a reason? If so, I never quite figured it out.  It also strongly reminds me of the year it was released.  My senior year in high school. I still get this occasionally since it has been happening for as long as I can remember, which is from the time I was 3 years old. I don't mind it so much when it's a song from say, Hamilton, but other random ones? Not so much.

This of all songs.  🙄🙄🙄

[e7...]
Also everybody has an internal dialogue, but starting last September for a few months, mine drove me BATSH**! I wondered if I'd developed a kind of split personality. Maybe I did. It just seemed like I was a silent witness to my internal dialogue as if it was completely separate from myself. Then another, very critical part, constantly monitoring my dialogue. 🙄🙄 Glad that passed.

[34...]

Ive had metal guitar riffs wailing through my head, its fine, im a guitar player whose band life was taken from him when withdrawal struck.

im kinda obsessively crazy for my passions as it is, but woah nellie has this whole ordeal cranked up my crazy as far as things looping in my head....

[e7...]

Ive had metal guitar riffs wailing through my head, its fine, im a guitar player whose band life was taken from him when withdrawal struck.

im kinda obsessively crazy for my passions as it is, but woah nellie has this whole ordeal cranked up my crazy as far as things looping in my head....

Right?  😂😂 I’m a music freak, so it was disturbing to me when I both was unable to listen to music and relentlessly hearing unwanted songs at the same time. Felt insane. I’m very thankful that I can now almost suddenly within the last week listen to tunes again without the accompanying emotions which leveled me for a while. 😑How was that run on sentence? 😬😬😬😬

Resurrection, here.  I've had this all of my life too, but moreso during my taper.  I've mostly enjoyed this throughout my life, but last Fall it was this song EVERY D**N night before bed and IMMEDIATELY when I'd wake up.  I got so tired of this song I wanted to scream. This was also during a time when I couldn't listen to music. I finally listened to it during a walk one night and thought huh. Maybe I was hearing this in my mind for a reason? If so, I never quite figured it out.  It also strongly reminds me of the year it was released.  My senior year in high school. I still get this occasionally since it has been happening for as long as I can remember, which is from the time I was 3 years old. I don't mind it so much when it's a song from say, Hamilton, but other random ones? Not so much.

This of all songs.  🙄🙄🙄

You just need a better earworm. I mean, there's Good Doobies and Bad Doobies.
You got them Bad Doobies in your ear, which is worse than Dad Boobies in your.. well, you see where this is going.
Only thing to get rid of Bad Doobies is Good Doobies. Like this. Listen to the music:

[e7...]

This of all songs.  🙄🙄🙄

You just need a better earworm. I mean, there's Good Doobies and Bad Doobies.
You got them Bad Doobies in your ear, which is worse than Dad Boobies in your.. well, you see where this is going.
Only thing to get rid of Bad Doobies is Good Doobies. Like this. Listen to the music:

LOL Exactly! MICHAEL MCDONALD DOOBIES? HAHAHAHA!  And yes....there's yer Doobies. Right there in your link.

I'm a musician and teacher. I never have lyrics stuck in my head. I have SYMPHONIES! And TV theme songs, songs to ads, songs even to TV songs from decades ago. The only way I can get rid of one ear worm is to deliberately start another on cue. ;)

[e7...]

I'm a musician and teacher. I never have lyrics stuck in my head. I have SYMPHONIES! And TV theme songs, songs to ads, songs even to TV songs from decades ago. The only way I can get rid of one ear worm is to deliberately start another on cue. ;)

😂 Exactly.

I have a unique take on this. After I went CT off a boatload of benzos and ADs, I HEARD (literally, I heard!) a mens choir singing a musical phrase in my head. I am not religious but knew those voices were Catholic priests singing. I heard that for over a month. (I was NOT raised as a Catholic, btw!) Over time the tune and voices changed. I no longer heard priests singing but the same dumb tune repeated over and over in my head. Because I am an RN, I researched this and found out that this is a very common symptom after some sort of brain injury. Oliver Sacks was a neurologist who wrote some really nifty books about brain injuries and he described this stuff quite well.

This has been my longest lasting WD symptom. Its called "looping music." On occasion, even now, I STILL have this silly symptom. There are many ways and forms for this to happen. Some people here certain melodies or song words and others, like me, can have a varying sort of music in their minds. It isn't anything to be scared of. You have not gone insane.

Just a normal person who got accidentally hooked on benzos. That is all this is.

east

[e7...]

I have a unique take on this. After I went CT off a boatload of benzos and ADs, I HEARD (literally, I heard!) a mens choir singing a musical phrase in my head. I am not religious but knew those voices were Catholic priests singing. I heard that for over a month. (I was NOT raised as a Catholic, btw!) Over time the tune and voices changed. I no longer heard priests singing but the same dumb tune repeated over and over in my head. Because I am an RN, I researched this and found out that this is a very common symptom after some sort of brain injury. Oliver Sacks was a neurologist who wrote some really nifty books about brain injuries and he described this stuff quite well.

This has been my longest lasting WD symptom. Its called "looping music." On occasion, even now, I STILL have this silly symptom. There are many ways and forms for this to happen. Some people here certain melodies or song words and others, like me, can have a varying sort of music in their minds. It isn't anything to be scared of. You have not gone insane.

Just a normal person who got accidentally hooked on benzos. That is all this is.

east

Maybe it was Gregorian? LOL But seriously I do love them!!!

♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Exactly so. What I thought I heard was Gregorian Chanting. I love that too and am not even a Christian! How that got stuck in my heads remains a mystery. The brain IS amazing.

Looping music is normal even for people not getting off benzos. Maybe you hear something on your radio or Bluetooth. It appeals to you and you find yourself repeating the tune or lyrics over and over.

There is a difference between that and what I heard. What I heard was oral hallucinations. I heard those Priests for several months. Over time, the voices went away but the tunes did not. They morphed over time and became different. It changed from day to day. I lived with that stuff for about 5 years!!! Because I did my homework I knew it didn't mean I was crazy or unbalanced. It was purely a result of a brain temporarily damaged by benzos. I learned to ignore it or laugh at it. Now, I rarely, RARELY, have it.

The brain remains mysterious.

east

[e7...]

Exactly so. What I thought I heard was Gregorian Chanting. I love that too and am not even a Christian! How that got stuck in my heads remains a mystery. The brain IS amazing.

Looping music is normal even for people not getting off benzos. Maybe you hear something on your radio or Bluetooth. It appeals to you and you find yourself repeating the tune or lyrics over and over.

There is a difference between that and what I heard. What I heard was oral hallucinations. I heard those Priests for several months. Over time, the voices went away but the tunes did not. They morphed over time and became different. It changed from day to day. I lived with that stuff for about 5 years!!! Because I did my homework I knew it didn't mean I was crazy or unbalanced. It was purely a result of a brain temporarily damaged by benzos. I learned to ignore it or laugh at it. Now, I rarely, RARELY, have it.

The brain remains mysterious.

east

😊 Our brains are truly amazing.

Odd. Today my looping tune came back for a while. It doesn't seem to be related to stress. It just comes and goes now, and baffles the heck out of me. Its an inoccuous tune that doesn't mean a darn thing. I don't actually "hear" it like you would hear a stereo. It is all inside my head. This is truly weird stuff. Reading Oliver Sacks books about weird neuro stuff was very reassuring to me when this stuff started up. He was a gifted neurologist who also saw the humor in neuro problems. "The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat" was one of his books. Easy to read and truly interesting.

east

I had this symptom and I believe it's called earworm. I always heard the same song in the morning and the only way to get it out of my head was to put on the radio or the TV.

I thought, that someone in the house next door, had a party. I could hear "Pour some sugar on me/Def Leppard" in 6 hours, over and over again. And a song, I never heard before. It started and ended, with an annoying trumpet. And I could hear the text. I opened the window, and could hear the music.

And I thought that my neighbor, 89 years old, was playing "Rockin' all over the world/Status Quo". But why, the same song over and over again, in the middle of the night? I really like it, but I couldn't sleep.

When I met her, I said: "I love your music!" But she said "I don't play music", and I felt like an idiot. What would I say? Then, I understood, that it was all inside my head. And nor from my pillow.

So, I don't understand, how could I hear music, as I have never heard before? And I understood all the English words, without problem? It was scary.

Now it's better, but I can hear heavy metal guitar riffs every morning. I like it, but it's still weird.

Your brain attaches to many different things while resetting from Benzo use. It also believes what it sees, hears, smells etc. I found it very helpful to walk my brain through these types of symptoms. You need to acknowledge the music for example, and tell your brain where it is coming from. "The music is coming from the fact that my brain's chemicals are resetting and pulling "junk thoughts" from my memory". By walking your brain through these, it will begin to take these false inputs and discard them rather than into your thinking brain.   

In the early days of my recovery I used to hear singing coming from the heating/air conditioning vent in my bedroom, every night. It was a choir of some sort. I could never make out the words, but it was clearly human voices singing. I wouldn't call that an hallucination, because it was caused by an actual sound. I guess you could call it an auditory mirage.

And earworms - I've had a few. This one was the worst. It lasted for many months.

Be careful listening to it. It could get stuck in your ear.

In the early days of my recovery I used to hear singing coming from the heating/air conditioning vent in my bedroom, every night. It was a choir of some sort. I could never make out the words, but it was clearly human voices singing. I wouldn't call that an hallucination, because it was caused by an actual sound. I guess you could call it an auditory mirage.

And earworms - I've had a few. This one was the worst. It lasted for many months.

Be careful listening to it. It could get stuck in your ear.

That is interesting, that you too "heard a choir." I did too. It was more than a couple mens voices and I heard them fairly distinctly. Any ideas on WHY we heard this stuff???

Translator, your story is equally puzzling and interesting. I did smile reading it. Hearing Def Leopard for hours must have truly tried your patience! This stuff is so interesting to this old nurse. The human brain is amazing. And benzo WD causes the most bizarre symptoms, stuff you did not know could happen. Thank heavens we all got through it.

east

Here's some stuff I found online that may help explain this, or at least

prove that these hallucinations are real - whatever that might mean...

Auditory musical hallucinations

from MDEdge Psychiatry

Musical Ear Syndrome

from the Center for Hearing Loss Help

Phantom Music with Normal Hearing

from the Center for Hearing Loss Help

Musical hallucination (musical tinnitus)

from the British Tinnitus Association

Musical hallucinations

Wikipedia article

Musical Hallucinations

Google search results

Many years ago, I was at a rock concert, AC/DC. Now, I was back.... But I get mad, when I don't remember the name of the song. It happens all the time. I just have to remember! It was "Thunderstruck", but maybe not the best music for my sensitive nervous system. Please, stop! Do you also have difficulty remembering names and songs?

redevan,

Thank you so much for posting this list! Truly  great information. I read through several of them and once again feel reassured. When this stuff started for me I was amidst a horrible cold turkey off benzos and ADs. And I healed from that but continued to hear weird music in my head. This stuff comes and goes. Right this minute, I do not hear it. But I know I will again. Its like it has become a habit and I do have OCD tendencies!

Thanks again.

east