What good thing happened to you in the last 24 hours?

[sa...]

I was just mowing the grass and hit a stump....bent the shaft on the engine. >:( The good news...Now I have a good excuse to buy a NEW MOWER. 8)

gosh i wish you told me about this sooner snoball , theres a shear pin key in lawnmower motors if you hit something really hard like this the key will shear you can replace the "key" for a few dollars its just a real bitch to get to it to replace

Thanks Katie. :) Its weird how the shear pin didn't protect it. That's the whole point of the shear pin. :idiot: Oh well. That mower was on its last leg, or wheel. :laugh:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [sn...]

• [Lo...]

• [MT...]

• [Mo...]

Returned to my old war horse, my music. My playing has been dormant for too long since my withdrawal. Slowly getting back to business.

Hi GMIT & Scottharvey

Good to bump into you again. 

I watched the men's tennis final yesterday at Wimbledon

Federer vs Djokovic

Djokovic won.  Great match.

LF

Went out to my favorite park, watched the boats go by in the river, prayed and watched my son play with his Dad. We even walked the trail a bit too.  :smitten:

Hi GMIT & Scottharvey

Good to bump into you again. 

I watched the men's tennis final yesterday at Wimbledon

Federer vs Djokovic

Djokovic won.  Great match.

LF

Definitely. Even in entering his twilight years, Fed can still bring it. Especially @ Wimbledon.

Hi everyone

I slept for 8 hours. What a difference sleep makes.

The sun is shining.  Chatted to BBs.  Posted some lovely paintings.  Listened to inspiring music.

Laughed at funny posts.  Had a lovely cup of tea. Had a couple of texts from a friend.

:yippee: :yippee:

LF

I went for a bike ride :) I didn't use my bike for a year.

Go Sinnerman!

Happy for you TimeforChange! You needed a window!!! So glad you got it!  :smitten:

[31...]

I had a great dream that I African danced again. I felt so free!!! Had a good nights rest too!  :smitten:

I have to look up African dance now.  I have no idea what that is.  It sounds fun though!  Should I learn?  ;)

Glad you're up and moving  :thumbsup: that always seems to make a day go better, even when it's so hard to get started.

-Tor

[31...]

A good thing that happened in the last few hours, is that I got to talk to my husband on the phone during his break (doesn't usually happen) and when we talked, instead of answering my ususal, "nothing," when asked what I was doing, I actually went out on a limb and babbled about what I was thinking about.  I hardly ever do, because I fear it sounds stupid, pointless, or is uninteresting.  But instead, we actually started a convo, and it went into other things, including very minor group theory!  I haven't talked about a cyclic group since college; I thought all this time that my husband and I would never have a new intellectual discussion again, but turns out, we can, and today we basically did!

I guess I just need to answer questions more often from now on, instead of avoiding what I'm thinking, even if it really is nonsense.  If it helps me communicate with my partner, that's good enough for me.  The days where my benzo sedates me to the point of not caring or thinking, are OVER, because I insist so.  Yea klonopin, you still have a grip on me in many ways, and I cannot give you up yet physically.  But no matter what you do, you do NOT control or block my mind anymore.  :tickedoff:

Wow, I'm freaking crazy!!!!!  :idiot:

Have a nice day, all  :D

-Tor

Glad you had a good day Tor...

Here is a link to a video of African Dance :-) I'm not in it...but this is one of my favorite dances!

I feel like I managed to deal with something that was kind of bullshit without going insane. Although maybe the verdict isn't completely out yet since I'm still struggling with it.

I took another short walk today!

Had a contractor not be so nice to me but I breathed deeply and felt better.

Was more social despite the heavy wave.

Listened to an old song that brought back great memories!

Snoball that is fantastic! I can't wait to run again!, 8)

good thing that is about to happen despite how I feel my friend called to say she wants to treat me and my son to dinner tonight :-) I'm going to pull myself together so we will get ready to go out and get some good food!!!!

Snoball that is fantastic! I can't wait to run again!, 8)

good thing that is about to happen despite how I feel my friend called to say she wants to treat me and my son to dinner tonight :-) I'm going to pull myself together so we will get ready to go out and get some good food!!!!

Thanks LovingMother. :)  You're a runner too?  8)

That's great! I hope you and your son have a great time at dinner! Those are the things in life that make life so special...spending time with family and friends. 8)

Snoball ;)

Hey Snoball! Yep I'm a runner! Ran 5 marathons. I was in middle of training for marathon number six and then I became sick with Lyme disease. haven't ran in almost 2 years. the day I run I know I want to be crying every step away.

Dinner was great!

between friendship and the super moon and then the night air I had a three hour window last night!!!!

I just had a nice sober outside stroll. Had the urge to drink but walked it off. Nothing spectacular but I'll take it. It was a pretty good day.

I just had a nice sober outside stroll. Had the urge to drink but walked it off. Nothing spectacular but I'll take it. It was a pretty good day.

Staying sober is spectacular. Be proud. :thumbsup: