What good thing happened to you in the last 24 hours?

[sa...]

Yesterday, I skiied face funs off the Mammoth summit with my daughter. When I push my body real hard like this, I can get a precise indication of just how healed, or not healed, I truly am. Last time I skiied during my taper, I had a hard time, my mind and body were struggling. But this time, I felt almost 100% and was able to go full throttle day after day on really technical terrain.

The message was clear, I'm definately closer to being fully healed.  :yippee:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [sn...]

• [Lo...]

• [MT...]

• [Mo...]

Enjoyed a 3 hour coffee date with a friend I haven't seen in over a year. It was so awesome to see her, didn't miss a beat.  :)

Enjoyed a 3 hour coffee date with a friend I haven't seen in over a year. It was so awesome to see her, didn't miss a beat.  :)

OMGosh dippity - how are you? Here's a good thing that happened to me today - I saw your light on at BB!!  :laugh:

M.  :smitten:

Yesterday I made my meals, they take a fair bit of prepping and it seems like as soon as I have sat down from making one its time to start making another. I also went to the grocery store and picked up some fresh fruit and veg (wd friendly). I just had a quiet day with my gf and helped her clean up the house, well as much as I could with out flaring up my back.

I went for a drive then just watched some tv. I could not watch tv during my taper, even now very occasionally its a little difficult. Its much better now though, no more constant serge to get things clear in my head with a bunch of ocd related thoughts, those days were crazy and thankfully nowhere near as bad as during my taper. Each new month sees improvements in all areas.

Today I got my first reprieve after a particularly nasty 23-day wave - maybe it's just a reprieve and maybe it's the end of the wave, I'm not eager to speculate - just in time to be asked on a date by a very pretty girl  :D

I celebrated by going on a 6-mile jog around the park near my house. I'll probably pay for that tomorrow... but the moment is NOW.

• 1 month later...
[39...]
Figured out that the reason I have been so sick in bed the past few days was because the pharmacist I was getting my liquid Valium from was diluting the solution so I was slowly getting rapid tapered after I opened the new bottle.... I took some old pills I had and BOOM over sedated. That right there told me that what I was getting was NOT even close to the same strength.

• 3 weeks later...
I went to a show on Sunday and enjoyed it once the small wave passed. I also had a small window this morning :-) and despite balance issues I went out to vote this morning.  :thumbsup:

I slept about 8 1/2 hrs finally. Not that I didn't wake up, but I fell back to sleep quickly and kept on dreaming.  :thumbsup:

[06...]

Yesterday drove 50 miles to spend time with grandkids, shopped, cooked, and crashed  :sick:

I hope you meant crashed as in, "fell asleep peacefully," and not crashed as in, "I totaled my car after narrowly avoiding death from an on-coming 18-wheeler  :-\

Congrats on your time out!  It'll be that much easier next time!  :thumbsup:

Today, I am moving along in my Icelandic lesson, which I had given up on for a long time, until I discovered a much easier-to-follow book the other day.

Last night, I stayed out on my porch waiting for my husband to get home. It was a beautiful evening, the sun was setting, and I saw all the fire-flies come out for the night.  I'm used to seeing them here and there, but this was just hoards of them, coming off the ground and into the sky, all lighting up.  It was like seeing golden glitter everywhere against the twighlight sky. I'm not sure if I fully appreciated such things when I was over-sedated on benzos, but last night I did, and I remembered how relatively lucky I am to be where I'm at in life right now, despite all of the struggle it took to get here; I knew that getting off Klonopin for good would be another milestone like that, and I felt good  :)

I slept for 8 hours. Sooooo wonderful.

Ate 4 jaffa cakes - naughty but nice

Spoke to a friend on the phone for nearly 3 hours 

:yippee:

I was just mowing the grass and hit a stump....bent the shaft on the engine. >:( The good news...Now I have a good excuse to buy a NEW MOWER. 8)

gosh i wish you told me about this sooner snoball , theres a shear pin key in lawnmower motors if you hit something really hard like this the key will shear you can replace the "key" for a few dollars its just a real bitch to get to it to replace