What good thing happened to you in the last 24 hours?

[sa...]

[5f...]

I am struck by the scarcity of posts here.  :'(

I played online scrabble with a friend  :D

And I won :D :D

First game played in 18 months!!

:thumbsup:

I haven't played a game of scrabble since I was a teenager (with my mom on a New Year's Eve, as it would turn out.)  I  should. That's a good game.  It's good if you won too; I bet you're good at it because you read a lot. 

Let's see, add a positive:

Well, last night I cooked and coordinated a complete dinner for myself and my husband, which I don't normally do because I'm not much of a cook, and it turned out pretty good.  I rubbed chicken breasts with cinnamon and other spices, and glazed it with a brown sugar sauce. 

The idea came from a mediterranean diner around here, which often seasons their beef with cinnamon and we learned it's good.

Don't know what I will do for dinner today.  Making "dinner" is not something I'm accustomed to doing, but I'm trying to get into the habit of eating at least one complete, at-home meal a day.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [sn...]

• [Lo...]

• [MT...]

• [Mo...]

I am struck by the scarcity of posts here.  :'(

I played online scrabble with a friend  :D

And I won :D :D

First game played in 18 months!!

:thumbsup:

I haven't played a game of scrabble since I was a teenager (with my mom on a New Year's Eve, as it would turn out.)  I  should. That's a good game.  It's good if you won too; I bet you're good at it because you read a lot. 

Let's see, add a positive:

Well, last night I cooked and coordinated a complete dinner for myself and my husband, which I don't normally do because I'm not much of a cook, and it turned out pretty good.  I rubbed chicken breasts with cinnamon and other spices, and glazed it with a brown sugar sauce. 

The idea came from a mediterranean diner around here, which often seasons their beef with cinnamon and we learned it's good.

Don't know what I will do for dinner today.  Making "dinner" is not something I'm accustomed to doing, but I'm trying to get into the habit of eating at least one complete, at-home meal a day.

Double wow!!  :yippee:

I had 24 hours free from pain and discomfort after 13 months of utter misery. That is 72 hous now.  :thumbsup:

Hugs

LF  :smitten:

Built a badass Computer,  i7 quad core processor, 4GHz clock speed, solid state drive for major processes, external terabyte magnetic drive for everything else, 32 gb ram, and top of line graphics card. It's so fast I named it "painkiller" after Judas priest \m/ \m/

TOR,

I ALSO THINK YOU LEARNED TO SPEAK A FOREGIN LANGUAGE WHICH IS SO BEYOND COOL.

THE REASON I KNOW THIS...IS BECAUSE EVERYTHING YOU JUST SAID IF FOREGIN TO ME ;)

KUDOS FOR BUILDING SOMETHING CALLED "PAINKILLER" :thumbsup:

FLUTER :smitten:

I got to kiss, cuddle and be with my boyfriend it was nice it was the only thing distracting me from the extreme dp/dr, blurred vision, terror, hyperacusis and anxiety I am having.

[move]LUCKY  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:[/move]

FLUTER  :thumbsup:

I HAD A GREAT MEANINGFUL CONVERSATION LAST NIGHT AND THIS AFTERNOON...WITH A NEW FRIEND.

WHAT A LOVELY WAY TO SPEND THE EVENING AND MY AFTERNOON!

IT'S ALWAYS NICE GETTING TO KNOW SOMEONE AND FINDING OUT YOU HAVE SO MUCH IN COMMON :)

I HAD A GREAT MEANINGFUL CONVERSATION LAST NIGHT AND THIS AFTERNOON...WITH A NEW FRIEND.

WHAT A LOVELY WAY TO SPEND THE EVENING AND MY AFTERNOON!

IT'S ALWAYS NICE GETTING TO KNOW SOMEONE AND FINDING OUT YOU HAVE SO MUCH IN COMMON :)

Cool, The best things in life are free. :)  8)

I ran 3 miles this afternoon around a beautiful lake. The sun was shining and the fall colors were beautiful. I also saw a big snapping turtle on the path. :)

Sno

• 2 weeks later...
This may seem lame but ever since I graduated college I've been unable to get credit cards because of no existing credit..kind of a catch 22 if you will. I have a job that pays more than enough but still get denied. Last night I finally was approved for two cards from two separate companies. Big deal for me as I'd love to get a house in the next 5-8 years!

This may seem lame but ever since I graduated college I've been unable to get credit cards because of no existing credit..kind of a catch 22 if you will. I have a job that pays more than enough but still get denied. Last night I finally was approved for two cards from two separate companies. Big deal for me as I'd love to get a house in the next 5-8 years!

That is great news!!!!!

[c2...]

My college kid emailed me a paper/project from one of his hardest classes. He received a perfect score!  :angel:

This from a kid who hated school after 5th grade...Blossoming in college.  :smitten:

My college kid emailed me a paper/project from one of his hardest classes. He received a perfect score!  :angel:

This from a kid who hated school after 5th grade...Blossoming in college.  :smitten:

That is lovely to hear.  :thumbsup:

LF

[bf...]

Ingrid, this is wonderful.

Thinking of you, my friend.

Hoping your week is going well.

Love, Ins :smitten:

i just realised that my favoured u2 song will be CALIFORNIA there is no end to love....... :smitten:

a real BOMB of happiness....... :smitten:

OMG i commented that this song is such a fountain of joy,,,,and one person replied that it makes him beyond happy,,,,

it means i can still recognise things that make normal people beyond happy :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I went for a swim. The water is ice cold. It relieves my symptoms. Sometimes I am afraid it could make tinnitus worse, but I don't know. I feel great when I come up. Today after that were the best moments of my day.

[63...]

I went to the dentist today for a filling & a crown.  I flew through it and actually had no cramps or nerve pain until much later in the day :D  I had been dreading this for the last 6 months, since a sedation dentist cracked my molar taking out another molar.  :tickedoff:

MG

I went to the dentist today for a filling & a crown.  I flew through it and actually had no cramps or nerve pain until much later in the day :D  I had been dreading this for the last 6 months, since a sedation dentist cracked my molar taking out another molar.  :tickedoff:

MG

Thank goodness it was a breeze!

[63...]

MG

:smitten::hug:

Thank goodness it was a breeze!

I had my blood drawn at a new lab and THERE WAS NO DISCOMFORT. NOT ONE BIT! The woman noticed my anxiety and used a baby needle on me. From now on, I will ask for baby needles.

Ingrid this is fantastic!

I just got a text from a friend...she's offering to watch my son overnight (tonight) so I can REST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My son is 3 and full of energy. I'm going to order thai food, go to bed by 9pm and sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep in!

This is huge! I'm a single mommy and never get the proper rest...I'm sooooooooooooooooooooo thankful!  :smitten: