What good thing happened to you in the last 24 hours?

[sa...]

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [sn...]

• [Lo...]

• [MT...]

• [Mo...]

In the last 24 hours I have gone into the woods to pick morel mushrooms, my daughter and I spent almost 3 hours yesterday searching under the trees for these delicious little morsels.

Then I came home and fried them up for dinner..  :)

It's been 4 years since I've joined my family in this spring ritual..it was a huge step for me. :)

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o151/jaygirl112986/morel.jpg

Molly :smitten:

Glad your feeling better what % Bette would u say u r at at 6 months off? So happy u r better!

Oooh, koko--a new life in puppy form! Congratulations!

I scratched my dog's ears..

Deva Premal is playing right now...ahhh, bliss.

I've been reading a novel which I am enjoying.

Love this thread.

Thanks,

Ig

He's a miniature American Eskimo. :) Yes, scratch your dog's ears again. They are such good therapy, aren't they?

Only one of the many, many good things that happened today is that I taught him how to kiss me back when I kiss him. *melt*

koko

Ig, thx for mentioning Deva Premal - I'm listening now.  I also like Krishna Das, have you listened to him?  I got to see the two of them in concert a few years ago. 

I pet my 2 cats a lot and brush them and cater to their every need.  It's nice to have furbabies.

Hi eglong,

will listen to him today. Thanks! Was that one or two concerts? Good for the soul..so soothing.

Koko,

I miniature American Eskimo! What a sweet soul. Will scratch my pup's ears today. You taught

him to kiss back--sweet.

To both of you, yes, pets are so loving and giving and a treasure.

My best,

Ig

Heart as Wide as the World is my favorite Krishna Das CD (and that song is my favorite from the CD too), your results may vary, of course.  Do you have a favorite Deva CD?

It was one concert with both Deva Premal and Krishna Das.  I don't really know a lot about either of them but really enjoyed the concert and the couple of CDs I've gotten since then. 

p.s. To keep on this thread, I woke up after a very good night's sleep with less muscle tension and for that I'm very grateful.  Also one of my cats that seemed sick yesterday seems more normal today - as normal as cats ever are  :laugh:

[46...]

In the last 24 hours I have gone into the woods to pick morel mushrooms, my daughter and I spent almost 3 hours yesterday searching under the trees for these delicious little morsels.

Then I came home and fried them up for dinner..  :)

It's been 4 years since I've joined my family in this spring ritual..it was a huge step for me. :)

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o151/jaygirl112986/morel.jpg

what kind of mushrooms are those? My son found one exactly the same but we have no clue what it is? 

Hi eglong,

I'll look into that on youtube.

I like all of Deva's CDs. I listened to an old one with Miten (sp) yesterday--it wasn't my favorite,

but there were some nice songs. Her Passages (if memory serves..it starts with a P) is nice.

She has no ego, which I love.

Cat better? Cool. Nice about the sleep and less muscle pain.

To health,

Ig

Wow, Carebear! How awesome!

I think I'll go and sweep one square foot of the kitchen floor---that'll do it for today for me.

I'm grateful for the beautiful morning with gentle sunshine,

the cardinals who have been hanging around in the rose bush outside,

and for this thread.

Good one!

Thanks,

Ig

My little dog greeted me happily this morning when I got up. Sigh...it is so nice to focus on a happy thing. Thanks for this thread. I hope people keep posting to it. It lifts me to read what others post.

Hi everybody,

today I am so grateful I got to go to the library and find some good books and a few CDs too.

Ahhh, the more I read, the more I can read.

And it can/will happen for everybody. I didn't think that would come back.

What a beautiful day it has been.

The evening light is warm and beautiful.

This is a great thread for which I'm grateful.

All my best,

Ig

Ahhh, the more I read, the more I can read.

And it can/will happen for everybody. I didn't think that would come back.

All my best,

Ig

Today I am grateful for the post above.

Thank you for giving me hope, Ig.

koko

Hi Koko,

thanks for that.

Hope makes for good body chemistry which enhances healing. Is'n't that cool?

Here's to healing,

all my best,

Ig

Ooh. Gratitude: today I'm grateful for the music I've been listening to,

I'm grateful for the golden sunshine,

and my dog is such a wonder.

Everybody have windows today,

Ig

• 1 month later...

I went out to the park with a friend...laid on a portable reclining lounge in the sun watching the children play in the park.

ahhhhhhh....

I spent an afternoon at a birthday party for an 11 year old in a park. I've known this little boy since he was born and he has always liked dolls and wanted to be a princess. His mom fully accepts that he is gay and has created a wonderful support system for him of friends who love him as he is, gay male role models who are raising children of their own, and generally cool and accepting people. He happily frolicked through the park with his American Girl Doll and opened his gifts of Barbie Dolls and a really cool antique telephone (he loves antiques already). All the kids happily played together and it was a wonderful and inspiring afternoon.  :smitten:

Hi everybody,

I had enough energy to do some sweeping and dusting and that felt great. It's amazing how much dust and

dog hair can accumulate..

The phlox is in bloom and it's entrancing to watch the butterflies gorge themselves on the nectar,

and my dog--she's so cool. Just watching her is a joy.

Oh--I'm eating chocolate again--and I never thought I'd be able to do that..

Thanks for this thread.

Best,

Iggy  :thumbsup: