What good thing happened to you in the last 24 hours?

[sa...]

I picked a box of delicious apples from a tree in our orchard. I sat in the shade and shared a warm piece of fruit with my eager black lab. We watched hawks fly over the tree tops in front of beautiful MT Hood.

Carita

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [sn...]

• [Lo...]

• [MT...]

• [Mo...]

Saw a beautiful bald eagle flying over our house yesterday after a long walk and saw a spectacular double rainbow on our walk this morning.  VERY good signs of things to come!

Yesterday was national dog day (here in the US) and we celebrated with our dog--actually, every day is dog day here.

I did a little weeding in the garden--does five seconds count?

And it was a beautiful sunny day..

Love this thread.

Thanks,

Iggy

I had an "aha!" moment. Somebody did something that was rather hurtful to me but rather than respond in anger, I found that I have the wisdom and maturity to understand that it's a a reflection of where they are in their life and really has nothing whatsoever to do with me.

I think I'm beginning to like the person I'm growing into, the person I was always meant to be had it not been for benzos.

This is such a nice thread, thank you for letting me be a part of it.

Hugs

Chinook :smitten:

[69...]

A lot of silly little things amused me and made me laugh and smile today. Just totally random stuff. I used to be like that pre benzo BS. Today was the first day in a while that I can remember smiling and being amused and even dare I say giddy as totally random stuff just like two years ago. It was fantastic!

And I even stopped and thought about certain things that I really love. I did this mental list in my head without even thinking about it of all these things I enjoy or that just make me strangely happy for whatever reason. They just kept coming to me and it made me really happy and forget I was having WD symptoms from my recent cut.

Today I received the highest praise from a client I've ever had in my entire career. And I'm really old!  :laugh:

M.  ;D

Old? You look very young and pretty in your avatar. :laugh: Hmmm You look familiar. :D

Well not really good but kind of funny.

Was waiting with my 5 year old for my 8 year old to get out of school, he rifled through my purse for snacks and pulled out my valium prescription  :-[

My 2 year old son started singing one of my favorite gospel songs in the back seat as we were driving home last week. He can't say all of the words...but the two he knew were, "clean inside!"

I love it!

OMG Loving - that is amazing! He knows what's happening!

When my oldest was 2 my best friend committed suicide. He lived in another city, pretty far, and we didn't see him often.

On the day he did it she spontaneously asked from the back seat of the car "Mommy where's uncle Justin?" and I said "He's at home honey"

They are so in tune at that age...

• 4 months later...
[2c...]
I got out of bed and ran errands for the first time in ohhhhh weeks. I even went to Home Depot twice!!! And no panic attacks or anxiety!

I didn't have a panic attack today and was in a semi good mood this evening until the cat started meowing too much, then the noise got to me.

[2c...]

I rocked my 3 1/2 month old granddaughter to sleep today. I cried tears of joy at watching her precious, sleeping face.

Enough said!!  :)

That right there is priceless and precious!!! I am so happy you were able to do that as I've read a little of your story!

was able to get a ride and get out and get my photo driver's license taken and I can't even drive much now.  I was surprised the photo didn't look as bad as I thought it would, with the dark circles under my eyes and gray hair now on top.  It was blurry.

• 4 weeks later...