What good thing happened to you in the last 24 hours?

[sa...]

I had a fun lunch with a friend despite being sleep-deprived and he couldn't tell I didn't feel well. He said this is the best he's ever seen me look (I no longer look like I'm dying if I fix myself up. Usually.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [sn...]

• [Lo...]

• [MT...]

• [Mo...]

Today is my birthday. I had two option to look at it. 1. I'm one year closer to being dead. 2. I'm one year the wiser. I chose 2.

[65...]

Today is my birthday. I had two option to look at it. 1. I'm one year closer to being dead. 2. I'm one year the wiser. I chose 2.

Happy Birthday!!

Happy Birthday dear Betsy  :happybday: many more to come for sure.  :-*

[8b...]

🎉🎉 Happy Birthday to you Bets!  Hope you have a nice day. 

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
My husband and I celebrated our one year wedding anniversary. It was wonderful. I’m thankful I could enjoy the day with him, even with symptoms. I couldn’t have imagined having such a wonderful time a few weeks ago.

• 2 weeks later...
I helped my wife (who is working on publishing her book) find a website to publicize the book. I started working on the website and realized maybe I do have some brain left! We ordered takeout from a local restaurant, and it was yummy. The tulips are coming up in the yard, and so far I notice 3 different colors of tulips: Orange, purple, and red.

• 2 weeks later...
I dont know what i should say. The words arent enough to describe my condition. My wife is pregnant to 3rd. Even, in this process! While living intense neuro emotions in these days, God is trying my patience, i think. According to my faith, we cant take his/her right to live. Moreover, we dont even know he/she ll be born healty or not due to my medication. I havent felt helpless in neither part of my life. Even my father died, even i left the hospital with sxs. I dont know, really i dont know...Until here, these feelings were for yesterday, now we are about to pass through first shock after yesterday. Normally good news. Is there anybody who experienced this kind of things in wd and handled the stress. Thanks

june eight...do not feel guilty about how you feel about anything. this journey is incredibly stressful and so is everyday life right now .

First, I'd like to put your mind at ease that your medication will not affect the baby. It is the mothers health that is far more crucial to the baby's development.

Secondly, your situation can be greatly improved by the time the baby arrives. We never truly know and our minds in recovery always see to think the worst - but what if the best happens?! 

Many who have recovered have told how they had enormous stress on top of recovery and make it...and thrive. If we look too far ahead it is easy to be overwhelmed. Sometimes we need to go day by day or moment by moment. Sadly life does not stop for us to feel better. But we have hope and our bodies heal, and we are able to handle stress again, and find joy again. Read some success stories  - I find it helps on rough days.

I pray you are given strength to lead you through.

Thank you Trina for your kind support. I loved this thread. Yep, this process is teaching us a lot. Patience, self-compassion, acceptance bla bla bla. I remember the getting news of first two children, although they were planned, we were shocked, but by the way of happiness. But this one is so different. But, i have seen so many people here who got through this process while waiting to be father or mother. The docs tried to me give benzos, i have never touched a benzo in this process, but quitting 3 drugs were a big shock and i am still struggling. Fortunately, i had a window for 8 days one month ago, then 2&3 day reliefs. My only and big problem anx. (and panic attacks in these days). When i got the news, i immediately got hit by a panic wave that day. Possibly due to anx. of caring to him/her. But then, i said that the man who cares two also could  care three. As you say, we must hope the better even not the best. I wont care the baby as  i have had these two, but no problem i will care the best i can. Thanks again

My wife and I got a set of lawn furniture and put it together. In the midst of withdrawal terror and dark thoughts I went outside anyway and drank my coffee there this morning.