Remeron (Mirtazapine) Withdrawal Support Group

[no...]

Hey ash just wanted to say I was crying as I read your words and they helped me so much and gave me some strength to keep going.

I was about ready to cave I feel so depressed right now but I am gonna strt to stay strong.

God bless

Hugs sarah

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ja...]

• [Co...]

• [ja...]

• [no...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Today is day 14 praise The Lord!

I'm soooo happy to of made it here! I've lost 5 pounds since cutting out remeron and I'm regaining my happiness from getting my body back.. That nasty drug hijacked my whole being.

I only have to lose 3-4 pounds I will be back to where I was before all this crazy drug tapering, etc (benzo & remeron)

I figure in a week or so I will be back to my old self and I'm looking forward to relying on the Lord not relying on big Pharma.

Ruby, I lifted you up in prayer this morning and I hope you have a wonderful day! Please keep me in the loop on how you're doing!  we're in this together!

Hey ash thanks so much for the prayer I really need it today.

Are you starting to feel better?

Unfortunately I still feel really crappy and so depressed, anxious and sick.

This is just about killing me and I feel like this horrible hellish nightmare will never end. I can even believe what this drug and the withdrawal has done to me and I just seem to keep getting worse. So I am really struggling here and wondering of it will ever end.

Hugs

Ruby

It will end !! I know it's not easy but u r stronger than u think!

If u go back u will then be even more depressed bc U'll have to go thru this all over again!

Have u tried the 5 htp?

Yes it will end. I went through the same hell but didn't want to scare anyone by posting about it.  I also thought I would never recover but I'm fine now. It has taken 4+ months though but it does get easier as you go along with some bad days thrown in.  The first few weeks are particularly nasty though.

Coralashley is right. You need to brave it out otherwise you will only have to start over.

Angel

Thanks for the support guys I do really appreciate it just struggling so much.

I am just wondering though too, I am still on a low dose of Ativan due to the lyme and I am worried that since going off the remeron this has thrown me into Ativan withdrawal,

I was only on the rem for 53 days so I don't know how much it would effect the Ativan. I am just really concerned that this has also thrown me into benzo withdrawal. can this happen?

or would this be more apt to happen to someone who was a long term rem user?

does anyone know why ashton says to get off of the benzos before the ads?

I'm sorry I don't know the answer re Ashton recommendation. I know on the antidepressant sites they advise to get off the AD first.

The thing is with benzos you can get tolerance withdrawal. If you are on 3 mg Ativan (?) that is equivalent to 30mg Valium according to Ashton I think which is not such a low dose.  I don't know about treatment for Lyme though and perhaps it is via benzodiazapines?

All of these drugs can have a negative effect as well as positive as they are causing temporary changes to the brain.

With regard to Remeron the only way is through whatever you are feeling now and perhaps you can discuss with your doctor how to tackle the Ativan. You are only going to know how it really is affecting you, if at all, once you are thru' with the Rem. 

Hugs

Angel

Hey Angel so the AD sites actually recommend getting off the AD before the benzo?

And sorry my sig is old  I am now on and have been on 1 mg Ativan a day for about 2 years. the strange thing is that I have never had an issue with tolerance wd in 2 years at all.

I did spend months about 3.5 years ago tapering the Ativan down but was then fine. I was even further tapering the Ativan in the summer and not having any symptoms. so maybe it isn't the Ativan at all and just more rem wd.

And that is true that I won't know how the Ativan is effecting me till I ma through with the rem wds. all I know is that in the past I haven't had an issue with the Ativan or toleranvce

Yes they do recommend AD before benzo.

I'm pretty sure it's the Rem w/ds kicking your ass.  My doctor says Remeron is very similar to a benzo in its effect and it takes longer than most other ADs to settle down w/d wise.

Don't worry about it.  Just accept you have to go they sh*t to get to the good stuff!

Hello everyone! When I tried to get off Remeron three other times I couldn't because I was tapering off benzo. Remeron does something different to a benzo. It keeps a benzo in your system for longer that is why you're having such a difficult time because you've  taken A Way Remeron and your Ativan isn't lasting as long as it once did.

So yes you probably are feeling benzo withdrawal's too. This is the first time off of Remeron that I'm managing it well. Plus I've been off the benzo now for almost 6 months.

Ruby, have you gotten any bad headaches?

I keep getting headaches and I hate it!

Ugg I don't know what to do then. At this time I still have to stay on the Ativan as I cans be doing rem wd Ativan wd and treating Lyme all at once.

I also have never really had major negative effects from the Ativan where as the rem was making me really sick and I had to get off it.

I had alsO been on Ativan at 1 mg for 2 years and never had an issue with tolerance.

The Lyme has also slowed the detox pathway that detoxes the Ativan,

I was even tapering the Ativan this past summer for 2 months and only had mild sx if any.

I wonder if in my case I should updose the Ativan a slight bit to see if that helps.

I hate to do that but am not sure what else to do,

What do you guys think?

All I know is Remeron w/d was hell for me benzo or no benzo.  It was comparable to my benzo w/ds - sorry everyone. 

Ruby just carry on with what you are doing and it will ease.  Many people have a very rough time but you can ease w/ds by not focusing so much on it and positive attitude. Negativity breeds negativity.

Coralashley. I got very bad headaches too. It's a symptom.

Hi angel and ash just wanted to thank you both so much for your continued support

I don't know what I would do without either of you.

You are both helping me through this so much and I appreciate it from te bottom of my heart.

Hugs to great friends, both of you

Hugs ruby

Hey Ash and Angel how are you both today?

I have been feeling a slight bit better the last day or so and I am really hoping the worst is over. I am still having some symptoms they just aren't as horribly strong as they were.

how are you both feeling today?

have you been feeling any better ash? symptoms starting to back off?

Hi Ruby and Coralashley

I'm feeling wonderful thanks!

Glad to hear it has eased for you a little, Ruby.  Don't be worried if it gets better and worse again - that's the nature of the recovery.

Cheers!

Angel

Hi everyone I've been feeling okay. Hope you're still feeling better today will be! Glad you're feeling better angel! I am excited about healing and being done with all this junk!

Hi all you Remeron folks,

I could use some advice.  I finished a Klonopin taper that took 17 months, last June.  On  11/8/13,  almost 6 months off the klonopin, I began a taper from 15 mg of Remeron.  I started with a liquid titration  at a pace of 5%/week.  At the time I was still symptomatic from the klonopin WD and still am, but I decided to bite the bullet and get on with it.  Symptoms continued to be lousy until 2 weeks ago when all hell broke loose.  I slowed the Rem. taper down to about 1%/week and have held each reduction for 2-3 days. 

This feels like when I was in benzo tolerance WD hell a few years ago.  My doctor said I should wait a year until I started to get off the Remeron, but that seemed too extreme to wait that long and drag out this suffering.

I have now reduced the Remeron a total of 15.5%  down to 12.5mg, in the past month, but this was apparently faster than my system could handle, so it seems like I must slow it down.  I'm reducing .05mg every 2-3 days.  It's unbelievable that such a small amount could make such a drastic reaction to happen, but I've been very sensitive to these drugs all along.    It's impossible to tell if this is just a continuation of the benzo WD after 6 months off,  a reaction to the Remeron reduction, or a combo of both.

I'm torn between slugging it out and continuing with 5%/week, or slowing it down.  I worry that no matter how much I slow it down I'll still have these awful symptoms.

Does anyone have any suggestions based on what you've experienced?    My symptoms are mainly  GI  pain, nausea, dizziness, loss of sleep, muscle aches.  Pretty much what the benzo WD was.

Thanks for any advice.

BT 

Hey Angel so the AD sites actually recommend getting off the AD before the benzo?

And sorry my sig is old  I am now on and have been on 1 mg Ativan a day for about 2 years. the strange thing is that I have never had an issue with tolerance wd in 2 years at all.

I did spend months about 3.5 years ago tapering the Ativan down but was then fine. I was even further tapering the Ativan in the summer and not having any symptoms. so maybe it isn't the Ativan at all and just more rem wd.

And that is true that I won't know how the Ativan is effecting me till I ma through with the rem wds. all I know is that in the past I haven't had an issue with the Ativan or toleranvce

hi everyone - wow, i disappear for awhile and all sorts of things happen. i hope you are all well and on the path to wellness. i want to weigh in on what ruby is saying because i was on ativan and remeron. i am no doctor so please do some research on your own, but i wasn't thrown into benzo tolerance until i tried quitting remeron. from what i understand, remeron actually affects the way the body metabolizes the benzo. so when i tried to cut out the remeron - whammo, i went right into tolerance. i had been on both benzos and remeron for many years. no real issues, at least not w/ tolerance. it wasn't until i tried stopping the remeron that i had an issue. and in terms of which to cut first, i think ashton says benzo first, then antidepressant. i know the AD sites will probably vouch for the opposite but had i to do it all over again, i would have slow-tapered the benzos before slow-tapering the remeron.

my very best to all of you. i think of you often and am proud of your individual struggles and strength.

dave

Hi Dave,, I hope all is well! Long time no talk what you been up to? How are you doing how is your tapering off remeron going ? Please update us as we all care for one another so very much!