Remeron (Mirtazapine) Withdrawal Support Group

[no...]

Will natural sleep cycle return ever? Is it possible remeron can ruin that sleep part of your brain permanently? I sleep better some nights. But mostly broken sleep with phases of anxiety and or just this dread feeling? Like my body is tingling. Anxiety basically. Will sleep eventually return?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ja...]

• [Co...]

• [ja...]

• [no...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, what is CBT? I am starting five HTP tonight to help me sleep and help with any adverse reactions from Remeron because it also helps increase serotonin. I'm used five HTP in the past and it works great. So we shall see tonight if this helps!

I can tell it's already wanting to cause me big sleep problems, but I've got this under control . :-)

again ive been off remeron for about a month. I was on it this round for 3 months. I'm STILL having issues with sleep. Do you think there is permanent brain damage to the "sleep" part of my brain b/c of this drug?

No I it's not permintent..

I think u should check into this:

Wilson's temperature syndrome

I believe u have low body temperature and that's why u've been having such a rough time.

I did and have reset my thyroid and that's why I'm doing so good.

Most doctors don't know about this so don't bring it up until u've read all about it. It's amazing and it's changing my life in a great way!

Just got home from my 1st psychologist appointment. I've seen therapists in the past. But they just wanted to give benzos. I saw a psychiatrist once who helped me get off ativan. Was thankful for him then. But I saw him a month ago to help me with this funk I'm going through and all he wanted to do was give me pills. Same with my GP. This psychologist was super awesome. He's also a minister and a Christian.

Basically my battle right now is anxiety. And I can't figure out if its still remeron w/d related or just anxiety.

His answer was "it doesn't matter". I really liked this answer! I even feel better!! I think I'm having a mix of both. But I'm obsessed with the thought of w/d, and that in itself IS giving me underlying anxiety which is not helping. He also did a background on myself, some test, and he's almost certain I'm borderline creative genius. With all the instruments I can play, the video production and film awards I've accomplished so young in my life.

But he said its a blessing and a curse. But we are working on all of that.

3 things we are going to start working on.

1. Control thoughts

2. Control adrenaline

3. Calm mind

Also he also said a few other cool things.

"Where my focus goes, my energy flows"

"Fear is the enemy. The opposite of fear is faith"

He also said to turn "what if" thoughts into "so what" thoughts.

Happy healing everyone. Whatever we are struggling with, there IS hope!! :)

Hi everyone, doing pretty good this morning . Worked out and am now getting ready for work.. This is day 5/ tonight is night . So the drug is out of my system either today or by tomorrow. :-)

5 htp is working great!!!

The mood cure but I told everyone to get says to start off taking 50 mg 5 htp 1 before 5 pm and 1 at 10pm, so 5 hours apart.

I started with 1 at 7pm, I'm going to try 100mg tonight or 1 at 5 and 1 at 10 pm.

Not sure.

Contr 5 htp will help u with anxiety!!! It's natural with no withdrawal affects/side effects!! Please get the book and please research Wilson's temperature syndrome.

Ruby how r u today? How was ur sleep?

Hugs everyone!

Hey Ashly- glad you are feeling quite well.

I am feeling okay.  Not great though. i just feel out of it and my memory is bad and i am having some chest pain and am bloated ugggg. For some reason my feet are swollen and i have mild pain and bloating in my stomach and chestwhich is bugging me and making me feel  out of breath.

Dis anyone else have the bloating and the shortness of breath?

I am not feeling great mood wise eathier. every thing is just bugging me and because i feel like crap i have a bit of a short temper.

My sleep seems fine though it just sucks waking up feeling so crappy.

Hopefully it will go away soon.

and keep me updated on how you are doing

Hi Ruby

Don't despair. Everything you have is w/ds. I had a lot of shortness of breath and various pains. I think there is a list somewhere of complete symptoms but you know what, try not to worry about these weird things. They will go but be patient

The crappy feeling was one I hated tho'.

Stay strong

Angel xx

thanks so much guys. you are all really helping me get through this and stay strong. it is about day 5 off, well 4.5 to 5 days off. so i guess this may be when i get the worst?

Hi Ruby, hang in there!

I remember last time I tried to come off I felt that way too!

Crappy mood for sure, shortness of breath, etc.

Today and tomorrow the drug will be out of our system and if we aren't in the thick of withdraws/things yet.. Then in 2 weeks we may be... But by week 3 and 4 things will lighten up.

Girl power!!

:-)

hi everyone! 

Today is day/night #6... I felt a shift this morning.. I'm not as wired today as I have been, which is good.  I know the drug is now out of my system... I even slept more soundly last night..

Ruby did you feel a change this morning?  Not as much energy/hype as before?

Everything else is going good too!  Praise The Lord Jesus Christ! 

Hey guys sorry i have not been on sooner. i have been crazy busy with work. worked all weekend too.

No unfortunately i have not really felt a shift. i still feel like crap. i feel so wired and hyper and aggitated that i feel liike i could come out of my own skin and can't relax. my heart keepps pounding and i just feel totally overwhelmed but at hte same time feel exhausted.

I wish i could make it stop. i am also getting a lot of stomach pain.

I just wish i could feel calmer as i feel like i have had about 10 cups of coffee and definately feel wired.

How are you feeling tonight COral ash?

And Angel you mentioned a list of rameron withdrawal symptoms , do you have that anywhere.

So i figure i am at about day 8 or so and i am hoping this is the worst. would this be about the time that the worst would hit?

Oh poor Ruby.  Not sure if I mentioned agitation  - that was the wired feeling. Ugh! My doctor prescribed me beta blockers to deal with all that and they helped tremendously. It will pass though. 

Stay brave and strong!

I tapered off of Lexapro 40 mg by reducing in increments of 5 mgs. It took me two years to get off of Lexapro completely! I have been off of it since January -- almost a year!

Hi

Just wanted to say that I am now starting to suffer uncomfortable withdrawals from my first Effexor drop. I am on the final leg of this journey and it will probably be some months according to my doctor before I am okay. 

I won't be able to offer more support to you guys whilst I am fighting my own battle but will be checking in from time to time to see how you are all doing.  Remember in the same way the withdrawals started they will end. I hope things are easy for you.  Stay strong!

Angel

Oh Angel I wish u a smooth ride! I'm lifting u up in prayer now!

I'm very proud of u and I know u too will make it!

Hugs and Happy Thanksgiving!

Today is day 7 off remeron and I'm doing well! My temp dropped under 98.6 so I didn't feel as well as I have but I started back on another Wilson temperature syndrome t3 cycle and it's helping tremendously!

I wish u all would look into it b/c it has given me my life back!

I couldn't go through these withdraws without my thyroid support!

I wish u all the best guys! I'll check again at some point together.

Hi Angel and Coral i just wanted to say i am so sorry that you are feeling so rough Angel and Coral i am happy for you that you are doing well. the withdrawal is kicking my butt.

Stay strong angel and we are here for you and you will both be in my thoughts.

Hi everyone, I wanted to check in with u all.

Ruby how r u? How's ur sleep?

Angel, how r u? How's ur sleep?

I'm doing well not 100%, but it goes in waves. From feeling nauseous to feeling good. Vision isn't as well and I've felt a little breathing thing but not very bad.. Not as bad as benzo w/d.

Today is day/night #9.

I figure once I'm at 14 days off it will be the thick of things and then it will get better after 3 weeks..

Be strong and if good courage!

No looking back now!

Hey coral, sorry that I haven't been on today. It has been a really rough day and I am feeling pretty crappy. But you are right no turning back now.

My sleep is a bit off now and no appetite, depression and anxiety and bad dp and brain chatter.

Hope you are feeling ok

But it is day 11 so I guess the worst is setting in.

Hugs

Hi RuBy, yes we are in the thick of things and within a week or so things should start getting better. You are very strong to go through this and I applaud u for it! If it wasn't for the T3 therapy and the progesterone I'm on I know I would be having a Way worse withdrawal symptoms!

Hugs!

Hey Coral thanks so much for your kind words. how are you feeling today?

Ths is really tough and i am a mess right now. I really hate this.

I hope it starts to get better soon since right now each day just sems to get worse.

Feel like i could just crawl in a hole and die. For anyone who might consider taking remaron think twice. this is far worse going through the withdrawals off this crap then having lyme disease for 16 years.

I know how you feel. I was there. Nothing prepares you for how bad it can be but though I may not have reached the end - am decreasing Effexor now too, couldn't have got off the Rem without it - but am so much better.  I can't imagine Effexor w/ds can be worse than Rem w/ds.  My doctor says not.

You are probably going thru' the worst now. It will be up and down from there on for a while.

Hope you have a better day tomorrow but stay brave and strong. It will pass.

Hugs

Angel xx