Remeron (Mirtazapine) Withdrawal Support Group

[no...]

Hi Dave,, I hope all is well! Long time no talk what you been up to? How are you doing how is your tapering off remeron going ? Please update us as we all care for one another so very much!

coralashley, hi! and hi angel and well, the whole crew - new and old, hello. sorry i've been a bit of a stranger lately. life got kind of crazy and i sort of was doing what i had to do to keep the pieces together.

ok, update. i'm on 4.6mg of the liquid. that's going ok. i still have some underlying benzo stuff underneath, i am pretty sure, but it is all manageable. i get this massive cortisol rush still in the morning, especially a week or two after i make a remeron cut. depression and anxiety happen, but i'm telling you, i am so much more functional off the benzos than i was on them. and i look forward to being done w/ my remeron taper.

i can't believe you jumped, coralashley! wow. you feeling good still? that's some crazy-brave action on your part.

ok, just had this time to pop in. wanted to sort of brief update and again, wish you all the good stuff you all deserve. what an intense ride. i am so glad that kind and loving souls take the time to share with one another. we are fortunate.

blessings from a bud,

dave

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ja...]

• [Co...]

• [ja...]

• [no...]

Top Posters In This Topic

hello ladies and dave, (nice to meet you dave),

how is everyone feeling?

So I have been doing okay lately. not nearly as bad emotionally as I was.

are you feeling all better ash or do you still have some symptoms?

and angel I am so happy that you are feeling so good.

I am still feeling really physically off though. just feel so fatigued and weak and flu like all the time, dizzy as well and the brain fog is still bad.

oh and the nausea is still really bad and I am still getting head pressure, blurred vision, neck tightness my memory is still shot.

I am also still retaining lots of fluid which is driving me nuts.

I do get a few days where I will feel much better and then back to physical symptoms.

Hey ash are you  still experiencing some physical symptoms or is it normal to still be experiencing days of fairly severe physical symptoms on and off?

Also did anyone find that wd symptoms got worse with pms?

anyways hope everyone is doing well.

hugs ruby

ruby, hey - nice to meet you too. did you see that message i posted on here for you a few back? about remeron and ativan? check it if you didn't. sounds a lot like what i went through with the same meds as you. and my pms totally throws the whole thing off.  :D sorry, i shouldn't even joke about that. i am extraordinarily thankful that i don't/didn't have to deal w/ hormonal fluctuations on top off all of the withdrawal garbage. power to the ladies right there. i can't even imagine.

ok, well just wanted to make sure you saw that ruby. if you have any questions, let me know. sounds like you're dealing with some stuff. hang in there. coralashley, angel, HELLO.

-dave

Hello everyone!

Dave it's nice that you dropped by to say hi!  That is so great you are down to 4.6mg, I'm sure you are happy that you are almost done!

When did you decide you were going to jump off? 1mg or 2mg?

For me the Lord prompted me on friday 11.22.13 that it was time to jump, so I jumped.  Plus, I have the support of the T3 therapy. I have been praying and asking for his guidence in this and that day my spirit was promted to jump off. 

I have to say it's been a little easier then it has been in the past.. my other 3 attempts off it weren't so easy b/c I was also tapering off the benzo too.

The Lord is the one who promted me back in June of 2010 to get off the benzos too.. I didn't know how to and I didn't realize they were the ones making me soo sick.  I started tapering off of them in February of 2012.

Things are good and then not so good, but nothing like the benzo withdrawal.. I know that I am so much stronger then I was a year ago or even 6 months ago!

The things I'm experiencing right now are jaw pain, from tmj, foggy brain, brighter than normal lights, blurred vision, tummy pains later in the day, a little aprehension, little anxiety from all this..

Sleep is o.k.. but I'm on progesterone cream, which helps.  Plus I play around with 5 HTP, which really helps, but then I get Jaw pain the next day.. it's sooo crazy that 5 HTP affects my TMJ.. it may be a nerve thing.. not sure.

I have was 112 pounds and now I'm 106.. I've lost 6 pounds already.. but my skin isn't as tight on my lower body as I'm accustomed to.. but once I'm out of these withdrawls I will be getting my shape back. :-)  Remeron was causing me a lot of inflamation!  I know I will continue to lose weight, till I'm back to my 103 self.. I am only 4'11 so that is a great weight for me, plus I have lots of muscles.  ::)

I'm sooo thankful for buddies like you all though and I know that soon enough I will be 100%.

Ruby!  how are you?

I'm glad you are feeling somewhat better!  Yes we will continue to have symptoms but soon they will be just a bad memory!  That's why it's good to write them on here so we can look back and help others with our experiences!

Hugs to everyone!

Hey ash, sounds like we are having many of the same symptoms.

Do you still feel kind of hyper sometimes or disconnected and out of it ( sort of drunk), poor memory, lack of concentration? These symptoms are better then they were but still there to some extent.

Does pms make your sx worse?

Glad you are still pushing through.

Hugs ruby.

Yes and yes and yes to everything u r saying...today was a rough day for me, but I'm pushing forward!

:-)

Glad to hear from u !

Have u lost any weight?  How much weight did u gain on remeron?

I gained 9 pounds and have lost 6. My rings r fitting me loser bc the swelling is gong down!

Hi all you Remeron folks,

Haven't had any replies so I'm reposting.  Hope to hear from someone.  Thanks.

I could use some advice.  I finished a Klonopin taper that took 17 months, last June.  On  11/8/13,  almost 6 months off the klonopin, I began a taper from 15 mg of Remeron.  I started with a liquid titration  at a pace of 5%/week.  At the time I was still symptomatic from the klonopin WD and still am, but I decided to bite the bullet and get on with it.  Symptoms continued to be lousy until 2 weeks ago when all hell broke loose.  I slowed the Rem. taper down to about 1%/week and have held each reduction for 2-3 days.

This feels like when I was in benzo tolerance WD hell a few years ago.  My doctor said I should wait a year until I started to get off the Remeron, but that seemed too extreme to wait that long and drag out this suffering.

I have now reduced the Remeron a total of 15.5%  down to 12.5mg, in the past month, but this was apparently faster than my system could handle, so it seems like I must slow it down.  I'm reducing .05mg every 2-3 days.  It's unbelievable that such a small amount could make such a drastic reaction to happen, but I've been very sensitive to these drugs all along.    It's impossible to tell if this is just a continuation of the benzo WD after 6 months off,  a reaction to the Remeron reduction, or a combo of both.

I'm torn between slugging it out and continuing with 5%/week, or slowing it down.  I worry that no matter how much I slow it down I'll still have these awful symptoms.

Does anyone have any suggestions based on what you've experienced?    My symptoms are mainly  GI  pain, nausea, dizziness, loss of sleep, muscle aches.  Pretty much what the benzo WD was.

Thanks for any advice.

BT 

Hello benzotired! 

You are tapering way fast.. compared to what most of us have done.. we've done 10% at 2 weeks and held for about a week or 2 or until our withdrawal symptoms have passed.

You may want to hold where you are right now till you level out.  It's not a race to get off of it... it's about taking it easy so your withdrawals are managable.

Remeron w/d are similar to benzo w/d.. so take it easy.

As I just mentioned, hold where you are at and wait till your w/d have past..

I really like 5 htp, it will help you sleep and it will help you with seretonin to help with mood, anxiety, etc.  Please read the book: "The Mood Cure", but Julia Ross. She is amazing and that book will help you get on the right supplements..

By the way what supplements are you on?

Hey ash I am just wondering if you found that you  were doing a bit better about a week ago and now you are a bit worse again. I am just wondering because we are rounding the 3 week mark today and I know weeks 3 to 4 can be worse again and I am certainly finding I feel a bit worse the last few days and wondering if you are experiencing the same thing?

Hugs ruby

Hey ash so did you feel a bit better and now at the 3 week mark you are feeling worse ?

Or have you generally felt like crap and are starting to feel better.

I am just wondering because for the last few days I have felt a bit worse and just wondering if this has happened to you as well?

Are you also getting g really sleepy and really fatigued lately?

Hi Cora ashley,

Thanks for your reply.  I was only tapering initially 5%/week using liquid titration of .1mg/day from the initial 15 mg tablet.  It was at about 3 weeks of this, when I was 15% reduced ( down to about 12.5mg from the original 15mg) that the severe symptoms began.  Now I'm only reducing about .05mg every 2-3 days, which is very slow.  Anyway, I think I'm having both continued benzo WD (6 months off klonopin) combined with the newer reduction of Remeron, that's taking its' toll. 

You stopped your benzo around the same time as I did (6 months ago).  I waited for the 6 month mark before I started to taper from the Remeron . 

So I guess I'm asking how severe is the Remeron WD, how long most take to get off it, and how do you think the benzo wd after 6 months off affects all of this? 

Today was a bit better, more like what it was before I started the Remeron taper, so maybe the storm is over for a while.  This is just such a roller coaster.   

In reply to your question about supplements, I only take Magnesium, and vit D.My main aid in all of this has been Medical MJ, using high CBD, no THC products of patches, capsules, vaporizing, etc.  No high or loopiness.

I appreciate any advice you can offer.  Clearly slowing it all down even more than I have seems to be the solution, and to continue the Rem. taper as I can tolerate it.  How long does it take most of you to get off Remeron?

Thanks,

BT.

Hi benzo tired I am not sure exactly what to say. How did you feel well on the rem?

I was only on it for a month and a half this time but it was making me sick so I could not taper it slowly and had to get off faster. I am now in wd hell.

The best way is likely to slow down the taper.

Hey ash how have you been feeling lately?

Haven't heard from you in a few days and I hope you are doing well.

Hugs ruby

Hi Ruby  Yesterday was a great day but today is been a very hard day. And on top of that it's my birthday. So I'm thankful that yesterday for my son's birthday party I had a really great day (his bday is on the 16th, the day after mine). But today has been difficult! I hope that everything smooths out soon!

How about you?

Hey ash big happy birthday hugs.

I have been not so good lately which sucks. I was doing better last week but the last few days have been really rough. Have you found symptoms getting a bit worse lately and I am kind of just hanging on right now. I am a slow detoxer and am wondering if it took about 2 weeks to get out of my system and that is why the third week has been so much worse.

I hope the third week is the worst and we will pull out of this soon.

This sure is a long and tough wd.

I am glad you had a good day yesterday but am sorry I t was so bad on your b day.

God bless birthday girl.

Hugs

Ruby

Hi Ruby, are you experiencing any breathing issues? I am a little bit and I think that perfect! Thank you for the birthday wishes! This morning little shaky but I'm hoping that I'll feel better! Driving to work right now it's getting hard being in front of people all day long and having to act like everything is okay!

Have a great day! Hugs and God bless you as well on this  journey!

Hey ash how are you doing today?

Yes I have had some breathing issues but not so much in the last few days.

I am just still do up and down.

Sun and mon I was a little bit better. Not normal but slightly less out of it, brain was a bit clearer and I was slightly less fatigued but today was not so good.

I have been super fatigued today and more brain fog again.

I am also still feeling really depersonalized and like I am not myself.

I am also still havi g a lot of intrusive thoughts, feel nervous all the time, anxiety and my emotions are all over the place. Sometimes totally flat and dead other times over emotional like I want to cry and sometimes both at once.

I am also still feeling disconnected emotionally but feel a little bit less spaced and drunk.

This is so tough how much it takes you away from yourself. Especially at this time of the year. I know I am not really enjoying being around people either even though I am normally outgoing.

How are you feeling?

Are you feeling any of what I am feeling ?

Things were better for me today and yesterday. The morning yesterday was really shaky and then my temperature got up to 98.6 and I felt much better. See I'm on the Wilson's temperature syndrome protocol which helps your body temperature get back up to 98.6. And whenever I my temperature is 98.6 I feel so much better. So not only am I in Remeron withdrawal but I am tapering off of T3 therapy for the Wilson's temperature syndrome protocol.

So I'm very happy when I have good days! But I know what you're saying ruby with regards to everything!

Have you ever researched Wilson's temperature? I know that because of dieting and these drugs and coming off of them that it has caused me an Imbalance in my thyroid. My thyroid levels are normal in Bloodwork but my T4 is not converting properly to T3. And that's why my body temperature is not regularly 98.6.

So many people with anxiety and depression and a slew of other things have low body temperature syndrome and they don't even know it. Check it out let me know what you think!

Hugs!

Hey ash so are you feeling many of the same sx I am feeling. I guess I am just nervous that all this symptoms and this strong still this far out are not normal,

Are you still feeling pretty crappy? Or how much better would you say you are percentage wise to being normal?

I am only about 20% or so compared to like 10% last week. So this week maybe 20% healed.

Hugs ruby

Well I am ok. I seem to have one day and then a few bad days and then a better day again.

Symptoms seem to have lessened to some extent but are mostly still there.

I feel like hopefully I am out of the worst bit certainly not better yet.  I would say maybe 50 % or so.

This sure has been tough though and I am still quite fragile from it and still getting a lot of mood swings and most symptoms still come and go. the anxiety is still bugging me quite a bit but is sometimes completely gone.

I figure it will take a little while still to feel all back to normal.

How much better % wise are you?

Hugs ruby

Hello I'm currently trying to taper off 4.25 mg valium per day, I was on Ativan for about 3 years about 1 mg per day and drank lots of booze... I was very stupid, and knew nothing about benzo....well my body is super sensitive to everything. Here is my question did anyone taking Remeron get like restless leg syndrome in the morning where u couldn't stop tossing and Turning? or ringing in the ears from Remeron? So overall what side effects did u notice? And would you use it again to help the Benzo WD?? Was it worth it?? Any input would be great... And the dosage u found most helpful...

Thanks sooo much

Mr scared, Ottawa Canada

Mr. Scared, I get restless leg syndrome at night about an hour after I take my dose. It was much worse when I first started taking it. Now it only happens once in a while. I have seen lots of people mention it in remeron review sites. Not sure why it happens.

Hi everyone!  I just wanted to say Merry Christmas and I pray if you do not know the Lord Jesus as your Savior, I pray you will and that you will think of the sacrifice he gave us, himself!

Hugs!