Remeron (Mirtazapine) Withdrawal Support Group

[no...]

I'm glad to hear that! And God is amazing! He is the reason we live and breath!

Hoping to jump off my last little bit of remeron soon! Slow and steady for me though! I want minimal withdrawals!

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ja...]

• [Co...]

• [ja...]

• [no...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone I'm on 3.60mg remeron.. Should I do a daily taper or just jump off?

I know I can do this and I'm ready? Please give me some feed back and thanks!!

Hi Coralashley

Congrats on getting so low on Rem.  I wish I could tell you what to do now but I can't. We all react so differently.  You may be absolutely fine jumping now, you may not be fine. You may be fine slow tapering but you may not.  I found this a nasty difficult drug to come off with horrid withdrawals but others have got off no problem.  I think you should do what you feel is best for YOU. Sorry I can't advise better. Maybe someone else will jump in.

Update on me:  I am almost 4 months off Remeron and have been feeling better.  I am in a bit of a different situation to most as my doctor has done a first reduction of the Effexor to 112.50 mg. I am 10 days into the reduction and am now feeling w/ds from the Effexor (and probably the tail- end of the Rem w/ds also)but so far, although not pleasant, not as bad as my Remeron reduction w/ds.

I will post my progress on due course, probably and hopefully in a few months, when I am at the end of this horrible journey!  Then I just need to start on my Nicorette addiction and will be done!

Good luck CA in whatever you decide to do.  Face your fears everybody and stay strong!

Angel xx

Thanks Angel and congrats on ur cut!!

I want to be off it before the end of the year!!

I'm soooo tired of letting this rule my world!

Part of me says its best to jump and I may suffer less than if I keep tapering because either way I'll still suffer from withdrawals... Ugggg!!

But I was planning on using 5htp as support through this process!!

I hate the weight I've put on and I just hate this drug!!

Any who but I'm in good spirits and I'm excited to be off..

Maybe I'll just cut each week till I'm on 1mg and then jump?

Anyone else want to chime in?

Hugs!! :-)

I am a little over one week from dumping remeron at 3.75. I had only been on 15 mg for 2 weeks. The first week was terrifying but I think things are easing up now. I also have recent benzo withdrawal on top so it is not clear what is what. For me it was important to just get off the remeron once I realized it wasn't helping me because being committed to another taper just wasn't something I had the strength for. No way to know of it was the right thing to do, but it feels right today.

Yikes. I have a prescription for this stuff but haven't filled it yet. I'm trying to come off of 8 months on zopiclone. I'm down to 2mg of zop from a high of 20mg. I was going to do 3-4 weeks on Remeron to help with the final jump. But now I'm having second thoughts...

Thank u!! I've been on it for 1yr and 5 months.. Way too long!!

I have found an awesome supplement that does work for anxiety and that's l-theanine. I take 100mg in the morning and it's almost as calming as a benzo. For the 1st couple hours u may feel more energy but under that u will feel calm and then later in the day even calmer.

Let me know if it works for u..

I have to say my doctor and therapist believe in quicker withdrawals rather than slow- tapering. When I say quick the Effexor is being done in 37.5 mg drops every 2 weeks. Now the antidepressant sites advise a 10% reduction every 3 to 4 weeks but this is not the only way. I think it really depends on how you react.

With Remeron there was no way small or large cuts worked for me as I was extremely ill and I had bad suicidal ideations which is why I had to cross- taper to Effexor in order to get off.  But then againI had cold-turkeyed it before I reinstated which may have added to the difficulty.  Who knows?

I think it depends how you have generally responded to past Remeron cuts and if you have not suffered too badly then you have a better chance of stepping off at whatever stage more easily.  Be prepared for some withdrawals though unless you are one of the extremely lucky ones.  The nervous system does need to readjust.

Angel xx

And thank you, I had to jump off of 7.5 mg when I became pregnant in December of last year (had a an early miscarriage though) and I did pretty good except my sleep was not good at all. Plus by two weeks I had some anxiety and also I was sleeping one hour increments and then tossing and turning. so I tried to get off of it three other times and haven't been successful. But I was on a higher dose of 7.5mg. Also when I jumped off of it I became obsessed with wondering why was feeling the way I did and did I do the right thing, etc. plus I was still on benzos and tapering off those..

but now I'm well-educated , I've been benzo free for 5 months and I have a lot of support from you guys and also from some natural things that I'm using.

Plus I take progesterone that helps u sleep too..

I dropped down to 3mg last night, so I'm going to hold there for 1-2weeks.

Then i may do this:

Go to 2.mg hold there another 2 weeks and then 1mg for 2 weeks and jump...

If I follow that then I'll be done by the end of December and that's my ultimate goal!

Hey Dave, how r u?

Tiger lily? How r u holding up? Have u had any weight loss?

Sleepless, u still around?

Butterflyz,how r u doing? U jumped off at 2mg, maybe I should too!

Hi everyone! I stopped all my vitamins and supplements and feel amazing! The supplements were giving me issues.

Anyways I'm jumping off the remeron tonight.. Please pray for me and wish me good luck!! :-)

Coral Ashley:  🎊🎊🎊 Proud of you and wishing you luck!  I hope you have an easy ride and  let us know how you get along.

We are the current pioneers for the ones who follow us!

Hugs

Angel 💚💜💙💛

Hi everyone my 1st off of remeron was last night.. I did have a hard time sleeping and I was peeing a lot but other than that all is good so far :-)!! Oh yeah I sweat quite a bit.

I weighed a few pounds more but that's to be expected, remeron does that to u!

I'm going to try to keep u all posted with how I'm doing!

I believe if I'm going to have withdrawals, the bad ones last for about 2-3 weeks, right?

Thanks!

Hi Well done you!  Don't anticipate bad withdrawals. You may not get any.

For sleep you can take an antihistamine perhaps like Nytol. Not sure what you get in the USA if you are there.

The withdrawals USUALLY intensify after 7 or 8 days but, again, they may not happen.

Just remember to stay strong at all times and don't give in. Too many people resort to taking the med again which defeats the purpose. I promise the withdrawals will pass.

You can always PM me to double-check on things if you like!  I used to drive poor Tiger-Lily mad!  But am heaps better now.

Good luck

Hugs

Angel 💚💚💜💜

I just have a question.

As a bit of a back story, i have been on and off remeron for about two years. most recentloy i took it at 7.5 for about three weeks and then have been trying to get off ever since. i cold turkeyed off the 7.5 and then reinstated three days later on 3.75. i held on that for about 6 days  and then dropped by 15%. i was okay for about a week and then dropped again by another 10%. after this last drop i felt horrible and left it for about 5 days but never evened out. at this time i was finding now that with each does it would actually make me feel worse.

This was last monday. since then i have taken two doses at about 3.10 mgs. one on wed and one on fri but each dose makes me feel really depressed and out of it. it is like it has gone paradoxical.

CAn this med turn on you like that and make you feel worse even with the dose.?

I have not taken any since yesterday morning and don't plan on taking anymore at all. this crap is evil.

also i am experiencing some really strange thoughts and emotions as if my brain is misfiring. they are totally non sensical thoughts that turn into fears and i feel that my emotions are all off. almost like a really bad case of pms.  for example i will think about not loving my dog and fear this is the case even though i know this is completly untrue. this will just play around in my mind over and over again and causes some strange emotions.

I also feel off emotionally like everything around me doesn't feel quite right or normal (ie: normal emotional reaction to things) 

Is any of this obsessional strange emotional thinking normal for the rameron wds? has anyone had this?

I also feel a little depressed and like i could cry.

I have not taken any since yesterday morning but am noticing i am feeling the WDs.

Sorry for the long post, just wondering if others have expereinced this.

and does anyone also experience body pain and headaches and blurred vision witht he rameron withdrawal?

haven't had any trouble sleeping yet but i am waking up earlier to morning anxiety and have lost my appetite since starting to withdraw.

Also to make it clear i meant to say i took a dose at 3.10 mgs on wed and then friday of this week and have since taken none.

Before this i was taking a dose daily till last monday. so effectively i have only taken 3 doses this week and would be about 3 to 4 days  to a week into withdrawal.

Hi. If you're experiencing anything out of the ordinary then you are experiencing withdrawals.  I didn't have those strange thoughts personally but if you go back a bit in the thread you will see cnotr posting about this.

Remeron is a strange drug and capable of anything!

Don't panic, be brave, accept these are only w/ds and they will pass in time 😍

Angel

Hi angel and thank u!! Not feeling the best right now. But I will prevail!

I will pm u if need be and thank u!!

I am in Florida in the states.

I could get an Benadryl or something like that.

Mostly I feel nauseous and out of sorts! Today is 2 days off or 2 nights off... It should be out of my system in 5-6 days..  :smitten:

Hey coralashley so you stopped 2 days ago? Basically so did I.

How are you feeling put of sorts? What are you experiencing?

And thanks for the response angel, this withdrawal is crazy what it does to your mind but your kind words help.

I feel out of sorts too.

Hey guys. Just needing some encouragement. I'm 36 days off remeron. If you count my few days of reinstating which did nothing, I'm 25 days free. The past 2-3 weeks were looking better and up.

2 days ago I was shivering and trembling all day. I broke down and took .5mg xanax that night and caught a break. I slept from 10:30pm - 2:30am. I then took another .5mg and felt like it didn't do much at all. Felt like i laid in bed all night. Yesterday I was shaking so bad again all day trembling in fear. I could barely function at work. Felt like I was stuck and kept obsessing if this is w/d still this far out or if its just me and my anxiety returning. My appetite is ZERO I'm gagging down little amounts of food throughout the day. Shaking. Had a small bought of diarrhea yesterday. I went to the gym last night hoping to feel better after working out. I still felt shaky and trembly. I then went to my moms house to help her put up her Christmas tree. I still couldn't relax. I told her how I was feeling. She said whatever it is, this too shall pass. I then came home and started to feel a little better. My wife and kids got home from a birthday party. I helped the kids get to bed. I took a shower. Got into bed and felt tired. A little shaky still but not as bad. I then fell asleep in bed by myself. I then woke up at 2:30am wide awake shaking some. I went ahead and took .05mg xanax and laid back in bed. I didn't feel like it did much. Felt like I laid in bed all night still. But im sure i slept some. I then got up at 6am feeling wired still and decided to try 7.5mg remeron. I laid back in bed and am not sure if it helped or not. I did lay in bed til 1pm today. But felt like I just laid in bed mostly from 6am-1pm. But I'm SURE I slept some. I feel this weird energy all over my body when laying in bed the past few nights. Like a slight tingle or energy just all over my body. I'd call it anxiety I guess.

At this point I'm almost tempted to start up remeron again. And just stay on it. But part of me wants to just wait this out another couple of weeks.

I heard w/d symptoms can peak at week 3-4. And I'm right around there. So maybe the past few days have been a bad wave that will eventually pass?

Like I said. I've only been on remeron this time around for 3 months roughly. Part of me says THIS can NOT be w/d anymore. This is ME OBSESSING about w/d and MAKING myself sick with anxiety. And I DO have a history of bad anxiet so I can't deny it, and rule out anxiety 100%.

I just don't know what to do anymore. If I'm not sleeping and eating, that's unhealthy. Xanax is not an option for me. Its just a "as needed" at the WORST case scenerio. I've been through benzo w/d b4 and am NOT going to let my body go through that mess again. So xanax will be a maybe once a month safety usage.

What do you guys think I should do? Reinstate 7.5mg and get my life back on track? Then worry about w;d another day? My Dr wants me to start taking it and stay on it BC I can't function. sad

Last night was just a rescue dose of Remeron for sleep. I don't plan on taking any tonight. If I'm not feeling better in a week or 2. I'm going to have to be rational and take it or find another med that works for anxiety. Life can't be miserable. Its too short. Just want to hear your thoughts. Sounds like you guys are still taking meds. Why were you put on remeron in the first place?

Are there other ADs that are good options that don't have sexual side effects? SSRIs sucked in the past for me. Couldn't finish in intercourse. Remeron doesn't give me that problem.

I just feel awful and confused.

If I CHOOSE to live with anxiety, if that's all that this is, and I seek therapy, which I am on Monday. Do you think I can DO THIS WITHOUT MEDICINE? Or do some people NEED meds for chronic anxiety? Thanks!

Hey Contr, as you can see i am not doing wonderfully wither from this drug. did you have strange thoughts like what i mentioned above?

I personally don't think this is just anxiety. i do think it's still withdrawals. i have been taking rameron on and off just like you for about two years and now realize i have spent the last two years getting clean only to end up in withdrawal again like a yoyo.

I do also have lyme disease but have been treating that for almost two years. when i am not on rameron and away from it for about a month, even with the lyme i am anxiety free. heck right before i started rameron again in oct i was great and had no anxiety. this was after having not taken more then about three pills of rameron in a month so was basically clean.

I started taking it because i had a bit of pms and was stressed (dog diagnosed with cancer) but otherwise was fine.

and now you can see i am feeling like a total looney nut job with strange thoughts and obsessions.

it all went down hil after starting back on the rameron and then subsequently trying to taper and now just jumping.

This evil poison really messes the mind up and can take a normal person and turn them into a nut.

I feel totally off my rocker right now with strange thoughts  but keep trying to hold strong as i know i was soooo much better till i started taking the rameron again.

I was totally normal and happy and functional before taking it and it has been a downward mind spiral since i started on it again.

I think the wds are especially bad now from having stopped and started it so many times.

i think this is not you but withdrawal.

try to stay strong and tell yourself you will get through and dont need drugs.

when i am really bad with anxiety i take magnesium and it always helps.

Did you get really wierd thoughts and fears and felt like your thinking was non-sencical and somewhat fragmented?

good luck

Hi ruby12 this is my 4 the attempt to come off of remeron.

Last 3 times I was still on a benzo.. So we shall c how this time goes. My 1 major problem is I work as a manager and have to be everything to everyone while I'm struggling internally, Uggg plus I'm a mommy and wife.

I will conquer this, I have God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit helping me!

What r u doing for sleep ?

Sounds like a lot of us are in the same place. I am 12 days off remeron and feeling really bad. I didn't sleep at all last night. I guess it is somewhat encouraging that this could be mostly remeron withdrawal and should end soon since I am also 21 days off Valium. I can't believe I took this thinking it would make benzo withdrawal easier. Argh!!