Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Xanax Club, Let Us Know How You Are Feeling Today

[...]

Hello Everyone, despite a rough week last week I decided to cut as well.  I am now down 80% of my original dose.  Hoping this week things are different.

Debbie, have things resolved for you?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [to...]

• [Di...]

• [...]

• [se...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Laurie,

Good to hear you trudging onward.

Had a rough evening last night and this morning I'm not feeling well.  Praying it will get better soon.

Love and hugs ❤

Debbie,

I am so sorry to hear that, hang in there.  Mornings are the worst for me as well, you never know what you are going to get or how you will feel.  Debbie you are close to the end like the rest of us, this is just a hiccup!

Prayers for you....this week will get better!

Laurie - that is great about your cut!  I hope this is a better week for you!  80% is great!!!  Not too much further to go!! 

Debbie - Sorry you are having a rough time.  I also hope you will feel better soon.  Like Laurie said - you are getting close to the end too!  This will be over before you know it.

I am doing ok so far - it is only day 2 of this cut!  I had some ticking in my head last night - I get that sometimes but it does not last long, thank goodness as it is annoying!  I kept getting hot all day but today is a little better so far!  Just have to keep going!!

Love and hugs,

Julia  :smitten: :smitten:

Julia thank you.

Praying these cuts will be smooth for you and Laurie.

Thank you Debbie!  I really hope you have a better day!

:smitten:

Julia,

You are so low, maybe the drug is losing it's effect on you!  You are literally in the home stretch now Julia!  You will blink your eyes and this will be a distant memory. :) 

Julia,

You are so low, maybe the drug is losing it's effect on you!  You are literally in the home stretch now Julia!  You will blink your eyes and this will be a distant memory. :)

Hi Laurie - you could be right!  We will see how I am in a couple days, that is when I will know how it really going.  I did have insomnia last night and did not get to sleep until almost 4 am, again.  I seem to sleep good for a couple nights or so and then it hits me again.  Makes for a tiring next day.  I have not much today but watch TV with my hubby.

Thank you for your encouragement!  I am definitely ready for this to all be a distant memory.  You are doing great too and you will definitely be off soon.  That is awesome!!!

Take care and hope you will have a good week and no symptoms. 

Hugs,

Julia  :smitten:

Hello my Xanax buddies! How is everyone doing today? I’m hoping you are all hanging in there and doing ok. I started reducing again today. 28% left. 0.07mg left. A measly amount it seems. Some days I feel as if my body is jumping off of this stuff or if there’s so little going in my system anymore. I still dose four times a day six hours apart. I dose at 3am, 9am, 3pm, and 9pm. Sometimes I forget and take it much after the scheduled time. Sometimes I must be sleeping so hard I shut my 3am alarm off and then take it when I happen to wake at different times after that. I try not to do that but it happens from time to time. I’m wondering what’s the recommended jump dose for Xanax? Should I be getting rid of that 3am dose and then try to just sleep through the night (if possible) and dose them all during the awake hours? I can’t possible see a four a day dosing when the milliliters get so low. So many questions! Ugh! I see my doctor Friday for a tapering checkup and she lets me lead my taper so she probably won’t have a solid answer to these questions. I know she did say I should probably start getting ready to get rid of one of my daily doses. I’m just so afraid, but ready to be done, done, done with this medication!!!!  Thinking of you all and sending big hugs to you all! Any advice you have is so welcomed!

Love,

Mary  :smitten:

Hi guys,

I also wonder what dose to jump at. Even though, for me, it won't be for a while. Right now I a planning on jumping at .01 mg. The way I do my liquid taper, that is equal to 1 ml. Does that sound too high? I actually started a thread asking what dose is best to jump at Xanax but didn't get any responses. I am curious what you guys have learned. Do I need to go lower than .01 mg or can I jump at a higher dose? .01 mg is 1/200th of a 2 mg tablet which I used to take a bedtime.

Thanks!

HM

Hi guys,

I also wonder what dose to jump at. Even though, for me, it won't be for a while. Right now I a planning on jumping at .01 mg. The way I do my liquid taper, that is equal to 1 ml. Does that sound too high? I actually started a thread asking what dose is best to jump at Xanax but didn't get any responses. I am curious what you guys have learned. Do I need to go lower than .01 mg or can I jump at a higher dose? .01 mg is 1/200th of a 2 mg tablet which I used to take a bedtime.

Thanks!

HM

Hi HM!

I was looking into this recently.  Buddies of mine who have completed their taper have all jumped at or around the .125 mark.

Some take it one step down to .0625 while others have called it quits at .185.

To be honest, I feel that once you're at the .1?? (.1 anything) mark there's really no reason to go much lower.  I can't imagine that the drug is having any benefit whatsoever.  The dose is far too low to worry about suffering any major physical w/d issues at that dose.  As always, that's my opinion.  Heck, I know of someone who jumped at .25 after being on a high dose for a decades but I certainly don't recommend that! 

Currently, I plan to take it down to .125

Fondly,

Lori

Thanks Lori,

I can't imagine dividing .125 across several doses. Right now I feel safest taking several doses a day. As I get much lower in dose, I will start having fewer doses throughout the day. Planning to jump at .01 mg, one dose per day is a long ways off. Maybe I won't fo that low. I'll see how scared I am at the time and what kind of symptoms I am having.

HM

Hey guys,

I haven't thought about what dose to jump at yet but I sure wish it was time to jump!

I have had the worst day I've had in several months.  I got really tired yesterday and last night kids and grands were here for Father's Day.  It was great but I think maybe I'm paying for it today.  I hate it so bad makes me sad and upset that I can't enjoy having them all here like I always did before.  Think if I could cry that would help.

Sorry for the pity party.  Praying I feel better tomorrow.

Hope everyone's day was better today.

Love and hugs ❤

Debbie,

I am sorry you're having a rough day but I am glad you had fun yesterday. Feel better soon! Yeah, wouldn't it be nice if we were all ready to jump? We could hold hands and all do it together. I wanted to in a few months because I am afraid of losing my Rx but we'll see if I am able to keep up with an aggressive cut schedule.

HM

Hello MB,

I am sorry you were reduced to tears but I am happy with your overall message that we can get through this and come out even better than before. We all have our 'real selves' hiding in there behind WD symptoms waiting to come out. I know that better days are ahead for you and I admire your decision to react to this event today by deciding to cut. You're very brave!

Thank you for the inspiration  :). I hope your cut goes well. Keep us posted and we can all keep our eyes on the 'jump' line that is down the road for all of us. Some sooner than others.

HM

Marybeth thank you for venting...what you said was spot on!!!  I needed to hear it and I think you absolutely needed to say it.  I keep remembering what someone said about this journey "the only way out is through".  I am so sorry that you have suffered for so long and here I am whining about my time.  I believe that we will all come out better and stronger too.  ❤❤❤

HM thank you for your encouragement. 

You are both amazing and so supportive...all of our buddies are amazing.

Love, prayers and hugs to everyone ❤❤❤

I live this group!  Marybeth, Debbie, Mary, HM, Julia, BD…we are all going to succeed.  We are going to be stronger, more humble and sympathetic moving forward.  Marybeth I know you went to grad school, but maybe the life lesson will be your most valuable accomplishment!  You will use this experience throughout your career to help others.

I am a believer that all things happen for a reason, there is no such thing as coincidence.  I am forever grateful to have this support through one of the most difficult times in my life.  You ladies are all very strong and supportive.

Our celebration is just around the corner!  Today we are one day closer!

Thanks Lori,

I can't imagine dividing .125 across several doses. Right now I feel safest taking several doses a day. As I get much lower in dose, I will start having fewer doses throughout the day. Planning to jump at .01 mg, one dose per day is a long ways off. Maybe I won't fo that low. I'll see how scared I am at the time and what kind of symptoms I am having.

HM

I agree with you about how difficult it will be spreading out 4 doses once we get that low.  Many begin to eliminate 1 dose at a time once they get to down pretty far.  Like you, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.  Will keep you posted!  :thumbsup:

Marybeth thank you for venting...what you said was spot on!!!  I needed to hear it and I think you absolutely needed to say it.  I keep remembering what someone said about this journey "the only way out is through".  I am so sorry that you have suffered for so long and here I am whining about my time.  Trust me, this is not a competition... your feelings are equally as valid as mine.  It doesn't matter how long the journey... what matters is that we had to be on it for ANY length of time! You have every right to feel every single emotion that comes with this process.  Please, never feel badly that your journey is shorter because I'm actually happy for you (and others) who don't have to endure a taper as long as mine!  I believe that we will all come out better and stronger too.  ❤❤❤

HM thank you for your encouragement. 

You are both amazing and so supportive...all of our buddies are amazingAGREED:thumbsup:

Love, prayers and hugs to everyone ❤❤❤

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I live this group!  Marybeth, Debbie, Mary, HM, Julia, BD…we are all going to succeed.  We are going to be stronger, more humble and sympathetic moving forward.  Marybeth I know you went to grad school, but maybe the life lesson will be your most valuable accomplishment!  You will use this experience throughout your career to help others. That's the plan!  Sometimes I think to myself that once I'm finished this, I don't want to relive it every again.  That I don't even want to mention the word Xanax... but that would be a disservice to many who come after us.  :thumbsup:

I am a believer that all things happen for a reason, there is no such thing as coincidence.  I am forever grateful to have this support through one of the most difficult times in my life.  You ladies are all very strong and supportive.  :smitten:

:thumbsup::smitten:

I live this group!  Marybeth, Debbie, Mary, HM, Julia, BD…we are all going to succeed.  We are going to be stronger, more humble and sympathetic moving forward.  Marybeth I know you went to grad school, but maybe the life lesson will be your most valuable accomplishment!  You will use this experience throughout your career to help others.

I am a believer that all things happen for a reason, there is no such thing as coincidence.  I am forever grateful to have this support through one of the most difficult times in my life.  You ladies are all very strong and supportive.

Thank you Laurie! I love this!  :smitten:

Last night I slept right through my 3am dose again and didn’t take it until 6 something this morning. I think it’s time to eliminate that dose. I see my doctor on Friday and I’m betting she’s going to campaign for a jump off. I’ll be at 0.0625 on Friday. I am pretty sure very little medicine is in my system at this point. It’s going to be the mental game now. Convincing myself all is good and I no longer need to take the medication is another thing. We’ll see what she thinks. She’s been a great doctor through this and has let me lead this whole taper while researching everything about the process herself. She has a way of making me feel confident and strong after I see her. Wish me luck. My hubby says he thinks it’s time to jump too but says he agrees with me going lower if I feel that’s best. A huge part of me just wants to be done and over with it. Sometimes I think the little medication I do take makes me feel worse than not having it. Decisions decisions…… :-\

I hope you are all doing good today and I’m sending love and hugs to you all. Today is my hair appointment day, chiropractor appointment (which my brother in law is who I see or my son) and gunna get some more paint samples for my house. Benjamin Moore and sherwin Williams probably loves me for how many paint cans I buy! Lol 😂

Love you ladies! I hope for each of you to have a day that’s as beautiful as each of you are!

Mary  :smitten:

Hello Club!

SS,

You're enthusiasm is infectious! You are right! It is our ethical obligation to share our experiences with those who are suffering love after we are healed. I love your spirit. My sleep was a little better last night, again, and I am always grateful for that.

WW (Mary),

Mary was my late mother's name. It's a beautiful name. I can't believe you're at the jump gate! I don't blame you for being afraid to open it. Who knows what's on the other side.

All you other Club Members,

Have an amazing day and keep your chin up! we are right behind Mary and our jump day will come too! Sooner than we think.

Take Care,

HM