• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [to...]

• [Di...]

• [...]

• [se...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone I feel so bad also today, the fatigue is unreal, feeling like I have a super high fever with my head spinning. It’s so difficult

Enzolt I am so sorry you feeling so bad.  Praying you feel better very soon.

Hugs❤

tolnbltp:  Thanks for all your knowledge and encouragement.  I was hoping to go down to 5 mg yesterday but had a rough night and morning so went down to 5.25 instead.  I like your idea of dosing the same for all 6 doses as that would keep my blood level at an even keel.  I can't even think straight but if I take 5.25 mg (each 1mg xanax weighs 0.128 grams x 5 would be 0.6400 plus .25 which weighs 0.032 grams would total 0.672 for the day divided by 6 would be 0.112 in a perfect world but every single one of my 1mg Xanax weighs differently.  So if I throw 5 on the scale it weighs  0.657 divided by 6 would equal 0.1095.  I think I will just go down to 5 mg today as I am pulling my hair out.  Please let me know if my math is correct..... UGH!

Hi Torris,

That sounds right!  I know it is a pain.  It would be easier if you could use a spreadsheet.  It sucks that each pill is different.  When I weigh mine some are one weight and some are another.  So I weigh 10 and use the average of the 10.  But at this point, I use my spreadsheet and it tells me how many grams each dose should be and so I take a pill and shave it down to the gram weight for each dose.  That is the easiest way for me.  I just keep weighing the pill as I am shaving it until I get to the correct weight.

I hate for you to make that big a jump if you are not ready.  I hope you are doing ok this afternoon.

I am glad that you agree about equal dosing, for me, it changed things for the better in a matter of a couple weeks.

Take care.

Julia

Hi everyone I feel so bad also today, the fatigue is unreal, feeling like I have a super high fever with my head spinning. It’s so difficult

EnzoIt,

So, so sorry you are struggling and feeling so bad!  Do you have a fever?  You may want to get checked out by a doctor.  The fever does not sound like wd but I guess it could be.  Benzo flu is a common symptom.

I am praying for you and hoping this passes for you!

Hugs,

Julia  :smitten:

Yes Julia, I am doing much better this afternoon.  Thank you so much for all.  I sent out a message in the direct taper group to try and find someone who could go over my math and also help me with a spreadsheet.  I took 1 mg of xanax for my first dose this morning and 2 .75 doses to now and I have 3 more doses to go.  If I keep feeling ok, I will take 2 more .75 doses and a 1 mg before I go to bed for 5 mg.  I think it is doable.  Tomorrow would be the 3rd day and last week that was the day I didn't feel so great.  I know I am going to go up and down with this taper on how I feel so I am just trying to dance with it.  I read some good medical articles last night and will stay on 5mg for at least 2 to 3 weeks before I make another .50 cut and then once I get to 4mg, I will only cut .25 a month to be careful.  I am new at this tapering stuff but I am learning.  At least I don't feel overly medicated like I did yesterday afternoon.  If I could just get over the nightmares and heart racing and sleep through the night that would be a prayer answered but I am grateful and actually blessed for what I do have so I am going to keep a positive outlook the best I can...  Again, I can't thank you enough.....

EnzoIt,

I am sorry you're not feeling well for the last couple days. Like Julia said; maybe see a Dr. and rule out anything serious.

Julia,

I hope you are doing OK and your stomach is doing better! You are so supportive to everyone on here. You're such a blessing.

Torris,

You may have already gone down this road and I apoligize if you have but have you considered a liquid taper? I also started out at 4mg's and I hit tolerance around May1st, 2021. Not only did 2mg fail to put me to sleep for the first time but 10mg Ambien (taken right after) ALSO wouldn't put me to sleep! Talk about tolerance! Taking Xanax made my heart pound, made me breathless and made me have restless leg syndrome. I have also suffered horrific insomnia for the last several months with the exception of a window from Aug 25th to about Sept 17th or so, where I slept better.

I'm on a liquid taper and it works really well for me. I'm down to .12mg a day (.6mg twice a day). I also used to dose 7 times a day and have gradually dropped the amount in my doses as well as the number of doses over the months. I dissolve a 2mg bar of Xanax in 200ml water and use a syringe to draw up my doses with nothing wasted. It couldn't be easier or less complicated. 1ml of solution equals .01mg of Xanax. I'm just throwing it out there in case you haven't considered it yet. Perhaps you have already ruled out a liquid taper.

I can't help with the scale issues but I am in the same boat you are and I feel the pain of hitting tolerance and having to taper. Good luck with your taper.

HM

Thank you HM - I am hanging in there.  Still having stomach problem.  Will be trying things to try to resolve it and hope they work.

Thank you - that is so kind of you!  I try.  We all need support. 

Torris - it sounds like a good plan.  I saw where you had put out a post and got a long answer.  I and many others here use this same scale and use a nail file and do not have any issues with using it.  You do have to weigh the pills and keep the scale calibrated but that is not hard.  We learn the things we need to in order to taper off these meds. 

I still think doing 6 doses will help you to not have strong interdose withdrawal.  I do 4 doses and always have and doing equal doses at this point is really helping to continue down in my dose.

Hope everyone is hanging in there!

Julia

Hi everyone and hope to learn what’s going on with you and telling you how I’m feeling.

Approaching 9 days off xanax. Feel relatively well. Very hyper and irritable at times. Ears ringing and sensitive eyes. Exercising daily 

Stay safe everyone and peace.

Old Sal,

Congratulations on quitting Xanax! I'm hoping to be off Xanax in the next 6 weeks. How do you feel? Are you having any WD symptoms?

Have a great night,

HM

Good morning HM

Thank you! You’re not alone.

I’m feeling some withdrawal symptoms thst include nervousness, ringing ears and irritability at times.

The feelings are driven more by psychological dependence on this crap drug. Been walking a lot and keeping busy otherwise I dwell on the feelings. Don’t expect this to pass soon but it will pass.

I hope I answered your question but if you have any others please ask.

Congratulations on your successful tapering so far! Awesome and so happy for you! You’ll do it easily!

Stay safe.

Oh yes, meditation is key. On YouTube is a piece on Meditation for anxiety and overthinking. It’s done by a woman with an Irish accent.

Congratulation Sal! Were you able to taper in just 3 months? You didn’t have any fatigue and brain fog at all? I just took it for 5 months and lately the fatigue is something unreal

Sorry Julia I haven’t seen your replies before! Everytime I cut i get hit by fatigue and flu like symptoms, this last cut has been way worse than usual, I didn’t feel so bad since I went cold turkey but I read it’s common to feel the last few cuts more. How are you?

Hi EnzoIt

Yep, three months. Remember I came off of booze and drugs the same way. I have some brain fog and fatigue but don’t dwell on it. Our brains will tend to overthink it.

Keep busy, exercise and you’ll be tired enough to get some sleep.

It’s worth the discomfort.

Stay strong

Peace.

Sorry Julia I haven’t seen your replies before! Everytime I cut i get hit by fatigue and flu like symptoms, this last cut has been way worse than usual, I didn’t feel so bad since I went cold turkey but I read it’s common to feel the last few cuts more. How are you?

Hi EnzoIt - So sorry this last cut has been so hard.  I have also read the last few cuts when you get so low can be hard.  I am hanging in there and trying to deal with my stomach issue.  Still cutting and trying to get off this.  I was hoping I only had about 3 months left but I am not sure.  I hope you  feel better soon.

Hugs!

:smitten:

Hi EnzoIt

Yep, three months. Remember I came off of booze and drugs the same way. I have some brain fog and fatigue but don’t dwell on it. Our brains will tend to overthink it.

Keep busy, exercise and you’ll be tired enough to get some sleep.

It’s worth the discomfort.

Stay strong

Peace.

Thanks man I’m happy for you but you’re quite an exception being able to taper in 3 months 2mg of Xanax after 32 years.. I was on it just for 5 months and I’m physically very impacted by withdrawals, lately nausea and fatigue has been very bad, after I made last cut I’m starting again to have some problem when there is too much visual stimulation, but if it passed before it will pass again. I’ve always been super active, I was an athlete but since I started my taper it’s impossible for me to work out, I started again to walk when the visual and balance issues were gone but now with the last 2 cuts I can’t walk more than a mile without having to lie down. For me insomnia is not a problem, I have the opposite one I’m super tired and I feel my eyes being sooo tired. I’m happy for you and I wish you the best

Hi EnzoIt - So sorry this last cut has been so hard.  I have also read the last few cuts when you get so low can be hard.  I am hanging in there and trying to deal with my stomach issue.  Still cutting and trying to get off this.  I was hoping I only had about 3 months left but I am not sure.  I hope you  feel better soon.

Hugs!

I got to the point that the taper shouldn’t be too slow but neither too long, because each day we develop an higher tolerance in my opinion and I really think complete healing can’t happen until we are completely off this poison. It seems the stomach is your biggest symptom, I read somewhere that stomach and brain are the 2 places where we have more gaba receptors, so unfortunately it makes sense.. hang in there and I send you an hug

Hi

My stomach has been fine thru all of this. At times I get an upset stomach but due to something else.

Things will fall into place and stay safe.

Peace

Heartmost:  I thought about a liquid taper but decided a dry cut and hold taper is working for me so I don't want to change it right now but thank you so much for the information.  I hope you are doing great!

Julia:  Day 2 of 5 mg and I only got about 6 hours of broken sleep last night and I have been a little sick at my stomach and my energy level is down but I am holding it together.  I got up and ran the errands  I had to for the day so all is good.  Yes, I am going to stick with the dry taper and change over to 6 equal doses. I know the math isn't perfect nor is the scale but I will file each 1mg pill down to 0.1083 to give me 6 equal doses for 5mg for the next 2 or 3  weeks.  I am certainly going to hold at 5mg for a minimum of 2 to 3 weeks.  I had grief counseling yesterday so I think that added to my stress level.  How are you feeling today? 

I hope all have a wonderful blessed day! 

Oldsal:  Are you off your Xanax completely?  If so, great job.  I see you have taken Xanax for a long time also.  Trying not to rush but I certainly want my old self back and this poison out of my system.  I was in a bubble, the Xanax was working great one day and then the next day it just stopped.  I wasn't ready for the mental and physical pain that came out of nowhere.    Trying to dance in the rain and take each day as it comes.  I know I have a long road ahead of me but I will get there.  I am 1mg down in a little over a week and will slow down from here but any progress is progress.  I hope by this time next year I can stand tall and be completely drug free. 

Hugs!

I got to the point that the taper shouldn’t be too slow but neither too long, because each day we develop an higher tolerance in my opinion and I really think complete healing can’t happen until we are completely off this poison. It seems the stomach is your biggest symptom, I read somewhere that stomach and brain are the 2 places where we have more gaba receptors, so unfortunately it makes sense.. hang in there and I send you an hug

Thanks EnzoIt - I agree, I do not want to go too fast or too slow!  I believe the stomach issue is from the prilosec I have been on for 4 years.  I should have been taken off of it a couple months after I was put on it but can not change that so I am not going to dwell on it.  I have to get off of it but have to wait until I get off xanax before I can start that taper. 

I hope you feel better soon.

Hugs!

Heartmost:  I thought about a liquid taper but decided a dry cut and hold taper is working for me so I don't want to change it right now but thank you so much for the information.  I hope you are doing great!

Julia:  Day 2 of 5 mg and I only got about 6 hours of broken sleep last night and I have been a little sick at my stomach and my energy level is down but I am holding it together.  I got up and ran the errands  I had to for the day so all is good.  Yes, I am going to stick with the dry taper and change over to 6 equal doses. I know the math isn't perfect nor is the scale but I will file each 1mg pill down to 0.1083 to give me 6 equal doses for 5mg for the next 2 or 3  weeks.  I am certainly going to hold at 5mg for a minimum of 2 to 3 weeks.  I had grief counseling yesterday so I think that added to my stress level.  How are you feeling today? 

I hope all have a wonderful blessed day!

Hi Torris,

You have a good plan in my opinion and are doing the things that work for you!  This is  a hard thing to do but can be done.  I am sorry you did not get a full nights sleep and that your not feeling 100%, sounds like the cut is starting to affect you but you will get through it.  Now that you can hold for a while, I think you will feel better.  I think using the scale and dosing 6 equal doses is a good plan.

I am doing ok.  Still dealing with my stomach - prilosec med needs to be tapered but I will have to wait until I finish xanax taper.  I will find ways to deal with it for now. 

I hope you have a better night and a good day tomorrow.

Julia

Hi Enzolt

I’m not the exception, we all are snd you can do it! The road for me will be long. I recognize that and still need support. Your support is very much appreciated.

Please feel free to ask any question and I’ll give you a straight answer. Xanax is one of the reasons that I list my business and home back in 2008. My recovery road includes mending fences with the people I disappointed.

Stay safe.

Peace

Hugs!

Julia:  I am so sorry to hear about your stomach and I also went through a horrible time tapering off Omeprazole that I had taken for almost 2 years.  I cut the pills in half for a few weeks and then got a prescription dose from my doctor the tiny 10 mg capsules and just took out a few of the small pellets every day and within 7 days I was off them.  Stomach was still bothering me and long story short, I had to have my gallbladder removed.  Since I had my gallbladder removed, I changed my diet and my GERD has completely went away.  I don't eat any sugar nor fried food, no chips, no junk food.  I eat a very clean diet with lots of greens, fruit and fish.  I do have whole grain bread but I am very careful to make sure no sugar is added.  In any event, I hope your stomach heals up soon! 

Torris,

I am happy you found a system that works for you. I admire your fortitude. I was on 4mg too, but only for a year. Before that, I was on .25mg twice a day for about 3 years. I ended up on the 4mg because I had a new prescriber and he accidentally prescribed 2mg twice a day, instead of .25mg twice a day. It took me no time to build up a tolerance to 4mg. By the end of one year, it stopped working for me and I had to start tapering and I found this site.

Very nice to have you here!

HM