Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Driving in the Left Lane- pianogirl's Story of Healing and Hope for all of You!

[pi...]

• 1 month later...

Hello friends,

I have been away on vacation so that's why I haven't been around.

I'll be 3 years off in June and my life is full and I am well and healthy. Uh, that is except for this cold I caught from my grand daughter.

My vacation was wonderful and we had such great family times. Dinner was many times for between 7 to 16 people. We hosted it at the house we rented since we had a huge space for gatherings.

There are no thoughts of withdrawal in my day to day life and there haven't been for quite a while.  I did travel during withdrawal and recovery and it was challenging at times. It got better with each trip. This can be the case for all of you. Let your body heal and the rewards will be great.  I know many people have difficulty with alcohol for a very long time due to the impact of it on the brain.  I am not a big drinker by any means, I'm way too old for that  ::), but I did enjoy some beer, wine and pina colada's while away.  I had no issues from this at all.  I also ate whatever and lots of different foods with no problems.  Oops, one problem... I may have put on a couple of pounds.  ;)

This takes time, this process.  Why that is the case for some of us is the real unknown.  Accept, have patience and believe in your healing.  I'm here to tell you that it's worth the wait.

Hugs,

PG  :smitten:

You are so sweet Pianogirl. Love your post. You are truly an inspiration to us all.  :smitten:

Hi ya Jazzy!!!  I'm sending healing hugs your way!  :smitten:

PG

Hi Pianogirl,

Thank you for your success story it brings great encouragement.

I can so relate to driving in the right lane I do the same when I am on the road I drive very slow and close to the exit lane just in case.

I am 99 days from my taper and I am both excited and a little anxious to take the jump. Not sure of what to expect once I stop this poison completely. I am blessed with a support system and they as well as BB will help me get through this. I lean on God so much for my healing and I pray that I will have a swift transformation and have no protracted withdrawal.

So pleased for you that you are on the other side of this horrible experience.

Hi Pianogirl,

Thank you for your success story it brings great encouragement.

I can so relate to driving in the right lane I do the same when I am on the road I drive very slow and close to the exit lane just in case.

I am 99 days from my taper and I am both excited and a little anxious to take the jump. Not sure of what to expect once I stop this poison completely. I am blessed with a support system and they as well as BB will help me get through this. I lean on God so much for my healing and I pray that I will have a swift transformation and have no protracted withdrawal.

So pleased for you that you are on the other side of this horrible experience.

Hello Ledee,

Congratulations on doing so well on your taper!!! You are doing it the right way, good for you.  I wouldn't worry now about what might or might not happen once off.  Healing is taking place all the time and good things are in store for you. The freedom of not being tethered to a prescription bottle is wonderful. 

I'm really glad you have a good support system.  It makes the rough days so much easier when people around us just let us be still and nurture ourselves during these times.

Ah yes, how well I remember the right turn bail outs... but with time you'll be driving in the left lane with ease!!

Dear Pianogirl,

I am so glad you have healed and continue to do well.  I have meant to drop you a line for some time, but it's been hard to on here.  Thank you for all the support you give and the inspiration you continue to be. 

Love S.

Dear Pianogirl,

I am so glad you have healed and continue to do well.  I have meant to drop you a line for some time, but it's been hard to on here.  Thank you for all the support you give and the inspiration you continue to be. 

Love S.

Aw thanks for the lovely words.  I still feel extremely committed to this forum and this cause. I got so much help from people who were suffering themselves, people who gave much kindness and care to me when times were really rough.

I wish you all the best!

Your story is so powerful. I feel many w/ds as I have just begun. Thaere are many family stressors in my life now.  I feel inspired and stronger by your story. You are an amazing person for sure. I hear the joy in your words.

Your story is so powerful. I feel many w/ds as I have just begun. Thaere are many family stressors in my life now.  I feel inspired and stronger by your story. You are an amazing person for sure. I hear the joy in your words.

I know that someday you will have joy in your words too rosegal!!

You are just starting this journey, and yes, it is sometimes like being in a dark tunnel, unable to see the light.  The light is there and it is the light of healing and the happiness of being able to live benzo free.  I'm not so amazing, I'm just a regular person who endured something pretty awful and can help others believe in their ability to heal.

PG  :smitten: :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...

HI PG,

I rembr you welcoming me when I was so sick her at BB.

I am doing well since Sept. of 2012.

I have been put in a mental hospital for a week right after my taper. I just was not getting any better. I had to go there because I couldn't get in the see a psychiatrist for many months. It was a kind, gentle place that helped me.  I was so afraid to go in, but I had no choice. Through tears I hugged my husband and went in for help.  The rehab was a positive thing in my life. 

I have worked and worked hard to be able to go on. I just wanted to stop by and say (((thank you))) for continuing to help others her at BB.

Time, Time, Time is on your side.

Warmly,

Annie

HI PG,

I rembr you welcoming me when I was so sick her at BB.

I am doing well since Sept. of 2012.

I have been put in a mental hospital for a week right after my taper. I just was not getting any better. I had to go there because I couldn't get in the see a psychiatrist for many months. It was a kind, gentle place that helped me.  I was so afraid to go in, but I had no choice. Through tears I hugged my husband and went in for help.  The rehab was a positive thing in my life. 

I have worked and worked hard to be able to go on. I just wanted to stop by and say (((thank you))) for continuing to help others her at BB.

Time, Time, Time is on your side.

Warmly,

Annie

Annie!!  :smitten: :smitten:

It's so good to hear from you.  I know that you had some really tough times after you finished your taper.  I can imagine how frightening it must have been for you to leave your husband to go into the hospital.  I am so happy that it was a positive experience and that you have gained tools to be able to live a happy life.  To say I'm thrilled in an understatement.

Yes, time really is the healer, isn't it. 

No thanks needed, I am happy to be able to continue to help out here at the place that saved me from despair so many times. 

I wish you all the best that life has to offer and thanks for stopping in.

Hugs,

PG  :smitten: :smitten:

Goodbye all you gals. I did not realize, at first, that this post is just a girl thing. Have fun. ::)

No this is not a girl thing at all.  :)

Benzo withdrawal is not limited to just girls, it can equally distribute it's wrath and pain to both men and women.  I simply hope I can provide encouragement to others by sharing my story and my experiences.  Stick around......

PG  ;)

• 2 months later...

Another milestone: 3 years today!!

Yes, it's here..... another anniversary.  Did I think I would still be on the forum this far out, earlier on I would have said no.  When I found out I needed shoulder surgery last spring and a long rehab I chose to stay on to give myself something to do since my physical activity was so limited. I'm still here because..... this is important work and I still feel a great sense of gratitude for the existence of BB.  Had I listened to the many doctors, I would most likely still be on benzos and still be very ill.  So I thank Colin and BB for being here when I needed help desperately.

When I spoke with Markian about benzos and their impact on my life, he said he was amazed that everyone remembered all the significant dates in their withdrawal process. Since it is the hardest thing most of us have ever done, it's natural that these times are etched in our memories.  He also asked me if I planned to celebrate on the 3rd anniversary of being benzo free.  I told him, not likely, since I celebrate every day being well and healed.  There is no need now to do anything special since every day is special to me.

I may shed a small tear of sheer happiness that I am where I am today. 

Don't ever give up, there can and will be so many good days in your future if you just give it time.  :)

PG  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Congratulations My dear friend PG, http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa351/margarita1959/Smilies/1sm180congrat.gif I am so pleased you stayed around, we are lucky to have you here, many thanks for all you do

[move] :smitten:http://www.commenthaven.com/glitter-text-generator/2014/june/ch53986d1986ffd.gif:smitten:[/move]

Mags xxxx

YOU ROCK! Happy Anniversary! Your story was very needed right now...I never knew your story, I just knew you went through a lot and how caring of a person you are.

Thanks for bumping it to the top. So glad your husband is a dynamic man and took good care of you too!

:clap:

so happy for you PG,

3 years = 36 months=around 1100 days=around 26.400 hours

a very long time but truly worth it, congratulation and thank you for staying with BB.

claudia. :smitten:

Congratulations My dear friend PG, http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa351/margarita1959/Smilies/1sm180congrat.gif I am so pleased you stayed around, we are lucky to have you here, many thanks for all you do

[move] :smitten:http://www.commenthaven.com/glitter-text-generator/2014/june/ch53986d1986ffd.gif:smitten:[/move]

Mags xxxx

Thanks Mags, it truly is a labor of love!  :smitten:

YOU ROCK! Happy Anniversary! Your story was very needed right now...I never knew your story, I just knew you went through a lot and how caring of a person you are.

Thanks for bumping it to the top. So glad your husband is a dynamic man and took good care of you too!

:clap:

Oh thank you LovingMother, what kind things you said.  I was comforted and cared for by many members here during my dark days.  I'm just happy to be able to pay it forward.  I hope that my story helps you to know that healing will happen, when the body is ready.

Yep, got a great guy that was my rock, gosh how much did we both learn during this process.

so happy for you PG,

3 years = 36 months=around 1100 days=around 26.400 hours

a very long time but truly worth it, congratulation and thank you for staying with BB.

claudia. :smitten:

Claudia, that's a whole lot of hours isn't it. Some times the time moved very slowly and other times it just rushed by.  It is still hours and days with no benzos and I'm grateful.

So happy for ypu Pg.. You have been a blessing to me...

Thanks for still being here to help us all..

Much love  rose