Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Driving in the Left Lane- pianogirl's Story of Healing and Hope for all of You!

[pi...]

PG, I'm so happy you're going to take care of your grandchild, but you will really be missed here.  :smitten:

Thanks Mind!  :smitten: I think I'll be pretty busy running after a 3 year old, somehow the memories of those days escape me.  ;D But, I'll miss you all as well.

PG  :smitten:

Hi PG,

I wish i was in your shoes, looking after a three year old grandchild will be a full

time job, they are so lively and cute, i am sure you will have a wonderful time.

see you again one day and all the best. :smitten:

Hi PG,

I wish i was in your shoes, looking after a three year old grandchild will be a full

time job, they are so lively and cute, i am sure you will have a wonderful time.

see you again one day and all the best. :smitten:

Thank you so much Claudia,  she is just adorable and I will enjoy every moment. That is until I collapse in bed at night.  ;)

I wish you all the best healing, it will come, keep believing.

Dear Pianogirl,

I can't believe that I wrote a long post and when I went for a "hug" it lost it.

I am so happy for you being able to spend time with your grandaughter.  I remember when you were waiting to meet her the first time.

I can believe that it has been as long as it has.  We started out as buddies and friends around the same time.  You succeeded and I got delayed.  I was hoping you would be here to help and support me, but life does move on.

Please come back and check in with us when you are able.  You were a terrific administrator and, more than that, you had compassion and understanding for everyone here.

I am not going to try another "hug" cause I don't want to lose this post.

Hugs and prayers for you in your life. 

Plady    :smitten:

So happy for you. You have been an inspiration for me. Wishing you the best. Have fun with your grandchild. It will be wonderful to bond with her.  :thumbsup:

Dear Pianogirl,

I can't believe that I wrote a long post and when I went for a "hug" it lost it.

I am so happy for you being able to spend time with your grandaughter.  I remember when you were waiting to meet her the first time.

I can believe that it has been as long as it has.  We started out as buddies and friends around the same time.  You succeeded and I got delayed.  I was hoping you would be here to help and support me, but life does move on.

Please come back and check in with us when you are able.  You were a terrific administrator and, more than that, you had compassion and understanding for everyone here.

I am not going to try another "hug" cause I don't want to lose this post.

Hugs and prayers for you in your life. 

Plady    :smitten:

Plady,

Here's a hug from me:  :mybuddy:

Yes, we started out here on the forum around the same time and were part of a very special group of buddies, who propped each other up, held virtual hands and offered kind words.  You may have been delayed in your withdrawal but you had some health issues to deal with.

I'll be with you in spirit Plday, remember that.  I also will stop by and check on you and others here when I have a chance. 

Yes, I remember waiting eagerly to meet my little grandbaby and here she is almost 3.  This is a big change for me because I have never taken this much time off from teaching in 35 years.  I think my students think I'm already gone because there have been a lot of students who didn't practice this week. Ouch......my ears.  ;D Anyway, I wouldn't miss this opportunity for the world.

You take good care of yourself and stay positive about your withdrawal.

Hugs,

So happy for you. You have been an inspiration for me. Wishing you the best. Have fun with your grandchild. It will be wonderful to bond with her.  :thumbsup:

Jazzy, thanks so much!!  Since this will be my only grandchild I will cherish every minute!

I wish you all good things for your future,  health and happiness!

Dear Pianogirl,

I must tell you your success story carries me on the difficult days. I am deeply grateful for your words. I am happy you are well and can spend time with your sweet grand daughter. Embrace it all PG...feel the love and joy!

Wishing you the best...sending you gratitude.

Warmly,

Carita

Oh Pg. I am thrilled for you!  You've been so wonderful and encouraging. More than you'll ever know. What a bright spot you've been during this horrible struggle ive had. I can't thank you enough for all you said to cheer me. You are a delight. Enjoy your grandbaby. You are so special and will be missed!  :smitten: another PG

Epilogue

Change is inevitable, life brings change every day. Sometimes small ones, others large. Some are good, others are not so good.  It's all part of life and living.

My life will be different for the next two months. The nanny that watches my darling grand daughter is having a baby and will be taking 2 months off for maternity leave.  My son and daughter in law asked me to take over during this time and I jumped at the opportunity.  I'm more than thrilled to spend these months bonding with her since she lives pretty far away so our visits are not very frequent.

Since I will be chasing a 3 year old around all day I won't have a lot of free time to devote to the forum.  Because of this, I won't be around too much and my role will be a BB Team Member instead of admin.

For everyone, there will be a time to move on. I thought mine would be much sooner but due to circumstances (shoulder surgery) and a sense of obligation and gratitude I have wanted to stay as admin to help in a small way. My time on the team first as a moderator and then as an admin has been therapeutic, rewarding, heartbreaking , enriching and fulfilling, sometimes all in one day.

Colin has done a great thing in keeping BB a strong force in the benzo withdrawal community and I will forever be grateful for the safe place he provided for me when I was lost and frightened. 

All of you are strong benzo warriors and will carry on and allow your bodies to heal and then reap the rewards of wellness. You will continue to support others in the kind and caring manner you have for so long.  That what makes this forum such a special place. 

There will always be a place in my heart for BB and for all of the wonderful people I have met here who supported me. I'll stop by when I can and perhaps return after my hiatus. 

PG  :smitten: :smitten:

Oh PG I will miss you! My son is 3 years old...that age is a trip! He's full of life and love! His hugs and kisses mean the world to me daily! Enjoy this time with your granddaughter.

Who knows...when you check in with us there will be more success stories! (Count on it)!

Thanks for your love!  :smitten:

Dear Pianogirl,

I must tell you your success story carries me on the difficult days. I am deeply grateful for your words. I am happy you are well and can spend time with your sweet grand daughter. Embrace it all PG...feel the love and joy!

Wishing you the best...sending you gratitude.

Warmly,

Carita

Hello Carita,

I'm happy if my words can help you even just a little bit, I know there were many Success Stories I relied on to get me through the tough days and nights.

My days are full and I will admit that I'm worn out by bedtime, but it's a good kind of tired. It's not the tired from withdrawal and dealing with all the symptoms.  I'm treasuring each and every moment with my granddaughter and my son and daughter in law as well.  This is an experience that I will always cherish even if grandma has to play "jump in the ocean" one more time.  :)

You'll get to this point as well, it just takes time, acceptance and more time.  Your body knows how to heal so let it and the rewards of wellness will be there for you.

I'm with Carita...thank you and I can't wait to join you in the left lane as well!  :smitten:

You'll be in that left lane with me too LovingMother, I've got plenty of room here and I need some company in the lane. Let time be your healer and keep believing in recovery.  It will happen!

I hope you are having the most amazing time with your granddaughter. They are so adorable at that age.  :) :)  :smitten: :smitten: XOXO BC

You are not kidding BC, what an adorable age and I almost understand everything she is saying.  ;D  She's very generous with hugs and kisses and I love getting them.

Oh Pg. I am thrilled for you!  You've been so wonderful and encouraging. More than you'll ever know. What a bright spot you've been during this horrible struggle ive had. I can't thank you enough for all you said to cheer me. You are a delight. Enjoy your grandbaby. You are so special and will be missed!  :smitten: another PG

To my favorite other PG,

Thank you so much for the lovely words.  Many people helped me and if I can offer a ray of hope, a glimmer of healing to anyone, then the suffering I went through had a purpose.

I am having a most wonderful time and my days are pretty busy. This is the first time I've had a chance to log on to BB,  life is very different.  There was a time where I could not see myself driving all over a new area, lots of highways and byways.  I do rely on the GPS but am getting more used to finding my way around. No dizziness or anxiety, just a lot of traffic here.

I'm sending healing thoughts your way.

Hi pianogirl,

Your granddaughter is so fortunate to have the opportunity to be loved and guided by you; a person who's kind, understanding, and patient ways are so genuine.

At this moment I am listening to Mozart's Piano Concerto No. 05

I wouldn't be surprised, if before too long, your granddaughter will be playing this beautiful piece. :clap:

Take good care of yourself, my friend :hug:

pj

Hi Piano girl,

Gosh I love hearing about your fun days with the family and that sweet child. Just to see the possibilities of future joy...thank you ..

Thanks for always giving us kind, hopeful words and visions of the future..you have been a blessing always.

I'm holding on....so good to see you post

Sending love and hugs

Rose  :smitten:

Hi pianogirl,

Your granddaughter is so fortunate to have the opportunity to be loved and guided by you; a person who's kind, understanding, and patient ways are so genuine.

At this moment I am listening to Mozart's Piano Concerto No. 05

I wouldn't be surprised, if before too long, your granddaughter will be playing this beautiful piece. :clap:

Take good care of yourself, my friend :hug:

pj

Hello pj,

Your words are too kind, thank you.

What a journey it has been, I remember the word games we did to distract from the misery that withdrawal can bring.  I remember every single word of encouragement and care that I received that helped me through the darkness, until I saw the light.

I love Mozart, his music is so pure and lovely.  I have a student working on concerto #21 in D minor. Or, at least I hope he is in my absence. 

My granddaughter is a ray of sunshine every day.  I have to brag about how bright she is because that is what grandma's do.  She knows F and P, quarter notes and quarter rests. She loves to sing and we sing on the way to preschool and on the way home.

I hope you are enjoying life and knowing you, I'm sure you find something beautiful about every single day.

Hi Piano girl,

Gosh I love hearing about your fun days with the family and that sweet child. Just to see the possibilities of future joy...thank you ..

Thanks for always giving us kind, hopeful words and visions of the future..you have been a blessing always.

I'm holding on....so good to see you post

Sending love and hugs

Rose  :smitten:

Rose,

I think of you and know that deep inside you is the strength to continue the journey to benzo freedom and wellness.  It's not easy for some of us but you will see how worthwhile the effort was.  You are a lovely woman with a big and generous heart.  I'll stop in when I can and check up on you and give you a big virtual hug.  :mybuddy:

Love ya,

• 1 month later...

Hi pianogirl,

I want to wish you and your Family a Happy Christmas,

enjoy your Holidays !  :smitten:

Dear Claudia,

Thank you for the wonderful holiday wishes. I send them right back to you and hope you can find peace and joy in the season of giving and sharing. 

I can't imagine a better Christmas then this year where I see the magic of the holidays through the eyes of a 3 year old.  :smitten:

Hi pianogirl,

I want to wish you and your Family a Happy Christmas,

enjoy your Holidays !  :smitten:

I echo the sentiment PG! Season's Greetings!  :hug:

Hello LovingMother,

I wish you the best this season has to offer, the joy of family and friendship and the sparkling lights seen in children's eyes during this special time.