Driving in the Left Lane- pianogirl's Story of Healing and Hope for all of You!

[pi...]

To all my friends here, old friends and new and to those who might happen upon this thread that are still going through the difficulties of withdrawal, I would simply urge you to keep believing in your healing.

At this point, withdrawal seems like another lifetime.  It certainly consumed me and without the forum I would have been lost and lacking validation from those who really understand how difficult this process can be.  I'll never forget what I endured but it is not on my personal radar any more.  It doesn't define me or affect me in any of my day to day activities. Life is simply "life" with the usual ups and downs that my healthy cns can tolerate with no difficulties.

You can be where I am as well, just give your bodies and minds the time to recover.  Little by little, all the parts of the cns that were affected by either the drugs or withdrawal will find that balance, that stability, that equilibrium. 

I so understand how difficult holidays can be while in the throes of withdrawal. I basted turkeys with tremors, I shopped with dizzy boaty symptoms and had some pretty significant nerve pain while trying to find some joy in the seasons.  It all went away and each subsequent holiday found me in a better place.

I wish with all my heart that no one would have to go through withdrawal, but I also know that you are strong warriors who will see the light at the end of the tunnel and find healing ahead.  Peace and serenity to everyone during this holiday season. Love and light to all of you, like the sparkling lights on the trees or the stars up above.

PG  :smitten: :smitten:

Thank you so much for those beautiful and encouraging words pianogirl. I'm still in a very, very strange insanity but it does help to read thoughts like yours. You are a good person and I do hope you have a safe and loving Christmas and/or holiday season. Stay safe wonderful person.  :smitten:

Dream

• 2 weeks later...

Good to see you back PG :smitten: poor Mags was doing a lot of overtime.... ;)

Hi ya Claudia,

I have a little extra time and offered my help for a while. Poor Mags is still looking in the mail for her check!  ;D

• 3 weeks later...

PianoGirl

I have just read your Success Story.  You are an inspiration.  I am very moved by this story and I wish you every success and much more happiness in your life. Thank you for sharing.  :smitten:

PianoGirl

I have just read your Success Story.  You are an inspiration.  I am very moved by this story and I wish you every success and much more happiness in your life. Thank you for sharing.  :smitten:

Hello Aoibherose,

I wish the same for you as well!!

Congratulations on being off ambien!  I know about the pain, it was one of my worst symptoms.  You are getting lower on the valium as well, good for you.  With time you'll be benzo free and on your way to recovery.  Never doubt it will happen, you will heal and you will have a happy, healthy benzo free life.

PG  :smitten:

Many many thanks PianoGirl.

Yes the physical pain is very bad today , wasn't as bad yesterday :-[.  Your story and your attitude to life gives me much hope and I will keep going.  :smitten:

I love your story - I can relate so much to how you feel about the doctors and about learning to forgive yourself for taking the medicines. I encountered so many doctors during my cold turkey in the ERs who had no clue about withdrawal and who did so many tests thinking I had MS. Then they all told me I just had anxiety and said other awful things. I feel lucky I made it out of the hospital alive. I feel like God spared my life - I also had horrible reactions to two other meds given to me at the time of cold turkey and I literally am so lucky I'm alive. Your story is incredibly inspirational! Thank you so much for sharing it and for all of the hope you offer!!  :smitten:

I love your story - I can relate so much to how you feel about the doctors and about learning to forgive yourself for taking the medicines. I encountered so many doctors during my cold turkey in the ERs who had no clue about withdrawal and who did so many tests thinking I had MS. Then they all told me I just had anxiety and said other awful things. I feel lucky I made it out of the hospital alive. I feel like God spared my life - I also had horrible reactions to two other meds given to me at the time of cold turkey and I literally am so lucky I'm alive. Your story is incredibly inspirational! Thank you so much for sharing it and for all of the hope you offer!!  :smitten:

Hello Angelprint,

It is very comforting to find others who have traveled the same path you are on, isn't it?

You are alive Angelprint and you will survive this challenge. Sadly, there is still not enough happening in the medical profession to prevent long term use of benzos.  I'm constantly awed by the fact that doctors either ignore the recommendation of no longer than 3 weeks use, or they never read the recommendation in the first place. 

I'm happy if my story gives you hope, hang on to it even when times get rough.  :)

You are alive and you will recover to be the mom you want to be to your precious little one.  You'll enjoy all the milestones that there to celebrate when raising a child.  Good things are ahead for you.

PG  :smitten:  :smitten:  :smitten: Thank you so much for your message - I needed it so badly right now. Have had depression on and off all day along with some other symptoms and its so frustrating to be 5 months out and not free from all of this yet. I tell my friend who is a doctor that she should never prescribe these meds for any reason!! Thank you so much again - you have no idea how much I needed to read your message tonight  :smitten:

• 4 months later...

4 Years of Benzo Freedom today!!!

Today is my 4 year anniversary of being free from benzos.  It's another milestone I'm happy to pass and reflect on. Life is simply just what life should be now.  I have a difficult time remembering specific symptoms and struggles anymore so I'm pleased I have a journal to refer back to when members asked me questions about my withdrawal. It was God awful, being sick with tolerance for so long and sick with symptoms and withdrawal effects..... but.....it ......is .......over!!!  :thumbsup:

My wish is that everyone gets to this point, and you will, time will be the healing factor.  Get well, move on, live life!!!

Why am I still here you might wonder?  Well, this is a very important mission we have here and I feel obligated to help, to give back, to encourage and support those who are having a difficult withdrawal. I have the time, I can still work, play, eat, walk the dog, ride by bike etc. and still give a little time to this wonderful forum that saved me so many times.

Never give up believing in your healing, don't listen to the benzo beast, listen to your heart. It knows, recovery will be in your future.

Congratulations! 4 years of benzo freedom is major. Best wishes and much happiness to you. I look forward to being where you are. Getting there slowly! xoxo

Today is my 4 year anniversary of being free from benzos.  It's another milestone I'm happy to pass and reflect on. Life is simply just what life should be now.  I have a difficult time remembering specific symptoms and struggles anymore so I'm pleased I have a journal to refer back to when members asked me questions about my withdrawal. It was God awful, being sick with tolerance for so long and sick with symptoms and withdrawal effects..... but.....it ......is .......over!!!  :thumbsup:

My wish is that everyone gets to this point, and you will, time will be the healing factor.  Get well, move on, live life!!!

Why am I still here you might wonder?  Well, this is a very important mission we have here and I feel obligated to help, to give back, to encourage and support those who are having a difficult withdrawal. I have the time, I can still work, play, eat, walk the dog, ride by bike etc. and still give a little time to this wonderful forum that saved me so many times.

Never give up believing in your healing, don't listen to the benzo beast, listen to your heart. It knows, recovery will be in your future.

Congrats on 4 years off...what a milestone!

Thank you for comimg back and being a part of those voices "from the other side", the voices of hope and insperation that we who are still on our withdrawal journey so desperatly need to hear.

Congratulations! 4 years of benzo freedom is major. Best wishes and much happiness to you. I look forward to being where you are. Getting there slowly! xoxo

You'll get there Jazzy, slow is OK too, let the cns direct your recovery. It will!  :smitten:

Thaks for the update!  Your progress is so much help to those of us behind you.

Drew!!!  So many people helped me in the same way, I lived to read their successes and it helped me stay the course towards full recovery.

Congrats on 4 years off...what a milestone!

Thank you for comimg back and being a part of those voices "from the other side", the voices of hope and insperation that we who are still on our withdrawal journey so desperatly need to hear.

Hello,

Those of us on the other side are leaving very BIG footprints for all of you to follow in.  Thanks for the kind words.

Congrats to look back on 4 years of healing and recovery ..

I'm so glad and gratified that you continue to support and walk with buddies still on their journeys..

:smitten:

Many thanks for being here for me at very early morning hours.....

Love. Rose

Congrats to look back on 4 years of healing and recovery ..

I'm so glad and gratified that you continue to support and walk with buddies still on their journeys..

:smitten:

Many thanks for being here for me at very early morning hours.....

Love. Rose

((Rosey))

No thanks needed, I'm so happy to have met you!  :smitten: :smitten:

[7a...]

Whoot whoot!!!

Four years is a major accomplishment. So glad you're doing well and enjoying life again, PG.

A well deserved victory!!!  :clap: :clap: :yippee: :yippee: :smitten: